Would you rather be an imperial guardsmen or a lower class citizen of an average hive world?

Would you rather be an imperial guardsmen or a lower class citizen of an average hive world?

Would I rather have my nards ripped off by an angry dog or a waste disposal unit? Tough call.

Even in the grim darkness of the 42nd millenium, there must be untold millions of Guardsmen who serve as garrison troops on peaceful backwater worlds. Easy choice.

Imperial Guardsmen
>actually have food to eat
>get free laser gun/keychain laser pointer/flashlight
>meet lots of people
>meet lots of xenos
>kill ayy lmaos
>fight for the Emperor
It's literally the best life the average guy can hope for in the Imperium

Article on the community site confirmed that every single one of the million worlds of the imperium is currently under attack simultaneously.

Every.
Single.
One.

Farmer in an agri world.

>a lower class citizen of an average hive world

I could get away with a lot more warp fuckery as part of the faceless masses than as some commissar's "problem child".

Even Holy Terra?
What about those random backwaters with no strategical importance?
Who the hell would attack a death world for instance? And whyt would they even do it?
>doubt

The Imperium has more than a million worlds. The article just said there were thousands of worlds under assault which is pretty much status quo for the Imperium really.

>Even Holy Terra?

Holy Terra has a genestealer problem.

Just when I thought the grim-derpness couldn't get more derpy, GW had to crank it up past 11.

no
heresy
pls no
:(

>Slowly worked to death in a gothic version of a cyberpunk hellscape
Or
>Quick death at the hands of xenos or the wrong end of a commissar's pistol with a slight chance of a slow death at the hands of Chaos
Give me the one where I get to shoot laser guns before I die.

You know that ONE sect of inquisitors?

I'd rather you people stop philosophising about a tongue-in-cheek setting.

Those are PDF not guardsmen.

What are:
>Dark eldar
>Ork pirates
>Necrons
>Other Imperials
>Tau expedition.
>Chaos anything.
>Xeno whatever.
>Tyranids.

I mean those are the ones I recall. The universe is large and dangerous amigo, it's honestly surprising there could be peaceful world's.

This.

IG conscription means intense daily scrutiny by people who will constantly try to get you killed in a manner THEY deem glorious and fitting. Living off-grid and moving under the radar so you never have to take a bullet for a "superior" is an infinitely preferable fate.

IIRC the vast majority of them just have a minor ork problem. Unless you Exterminatus the planet, the orks are never going away, but you can make sure they aren't any level of threat beyond a minor nuisance.

If there is a world like Vevinhive before it got fucked by Chaos then yeah, I could deal with being a commoner in a hive.

Otherwise, fucking bitches on ever planet because it could be my last chance.

>Being a faceless soldier designed as cannon fodder to be horribly killed by demons and aliens is a better fate than being an average citizen of the imperium
>The imperium are the "good guys"

FPBP

>average imperium citizen is forced into backbreaking underpayed 16+ hours job in a heavily polluted and health hazardous environment and will probably die young due to these factors
>even assuming he'll die of old age in his 50s or 60s (at best) he'll be turned into a servoskull and be forced to work for the next centuries

>Dark Eldar
Time spent attacking a Death World would be better spent elsewhere
>Ork Pirates
Fair, then again they'd be more interested in fighting the wildlife there
>Necrons
No
>Other Imperials
Absolutely no
>Tau expedition
They'd get the fuck out soon after arrival
>Chaos anything
Fair, but again there is little to gain from such planets
>Xeno whatever
No
>Tyranids
Yes, in fact Death Worlds are probably actually valuable for them

>servoskull
>he
The skulls in servo skulls are for decoration purposes.

>>even assuming he'll die of old age in his 50s or 60s

He probably will, since it's him and his wife who has to produce their own replacements, replacements for all of their peers lost to accidents or hardship, and a surplus to man the guard.

Life may not be much fun compared to ours, but it probably isn't all that terribly short.

The Guardsman.
At least in the Guard you're provided for, so long as you fight and die for the Emperor.
Lower class citizens of a Hive World are walking fodder for bio recycling, likely to die for nothing, from a blunt knife in the back by some Ganger shitstain.

No, there's at least part of a human brain in there.

Yeah i was refering more to the fact that he'll probably die of cancer or due to pollution or due to overworking or by being crushed under some machine or stuff like that.

Pretty sure hive cities are kept intentionally shitty to encourage the denizens to join the guard.

[citation needed]
It has no means of keeping the brain alive.