Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1507: Abhorash is Best Vampire Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I vote this thread be the real one since it's older and has a nicer edition.

How many companions do you have, thread?

I aim for a perfect set of 8, but I also have a few over and above in storage.
There's this castle thing in Kamen Rider Kiva that lets you leverage companions like that.

So I know that the Old Ones/Slaani in 40k created humans kinda half-accidentally or as a potential future weapon. They had a habit of poking life forms so they'd evolve along certain lines, then coming back later to make sure things were going well and poking them some more, always granting the race psyker powers, after the war in heaven started they changed their habits to straight up engineering these races into weapons. Whether humans were from the earlier era or the later one we don't know, but we do know humans are kinda half-baked because of the die off of the Slaani which is why they need to grow into a psyker race.

Anyway. I know that WHFB also has Old Ones/Slaani who created the majority of races on the planet, including humans. Do we ever learn why they made humans or for what purpose? In Fantasy the elves and dwarves seem designed pretty specifically, yet humans look a little mushy and non-specialized comparatively.

I concur.

>since it's older
No, it's not. Fuck yourself, this thread isn't the correct thread. Go post in the other one.

Don't you need those stupid whistle things for that?

This one is 1:00:28, that one is 1:00:36. So nope, this one is earlier, sadsack.

Nope.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of them either, but I don't know how to change them for something else that would work the same. Any ideas?

>This Thread: 22:00:28
>Other ThreadL 22:00:36
This thread is older by 8 seconds.

Just delete this thread before it turns into a 'This isn't the REAL thread' episode.

Dark Cloud has something that allows you to summon inactive companions as spiritual advisors. I think even your companions can do so.

>inb4 hurr dirge jump

No.

How about reverse engineering them. I mean, shouldn't that be possible in setting, make them into magic rings or something?

No need the other one got deleted.

Thanks, I'll go look it up. Hopefully I won't have to shift my build too much to afford it.

To late, the other thread got deleted. Looks like the other guy was the bigger man here. Fuck this thread though.

Two. A little Bydo crustacean girl and an upgraded Met with extendable arms.

Might make a pair of OC Tenno rock stars once I actually start writing my Warframe build down. Would help justify me actually getting allies despite being a Literally Who with an Infested Warframe.

Still haven't done Metroid, but I'm planning to get THE BABY as well.

After reading the old thread I have to say banchô kind of reminds me of Perfect Lionheart / Skysaber.

Might be Dark Cloud 2, though, not 100% sure.

Dirge showed us last thread that he was an asshole who actively wants his jumps removed and hates that anyone likes him, so you shouldn't use his jumps anyway.

>bigger man here
We aren't stupid. It's was pretty obviously someone's attempt to continue the drama from the last thread, given it's title. Which we don't like, remember.

Hmm, in what way?

So far? Only one, just started a new chain from Duel Monsters: The Heroes, with Yubel coming with me.

Reminder that the Blood Dragon vampires are among the strongest CQC units in fucking Warhams Fanta-Sea.

Yes. Even can be stronker than fucking Daemons.

Just two at the moment, one of which I got accidentally by doing that one Godzilla Animated jump. The other is a Felyne from MH and I just thought it'd be real swell to give the little fellow some real power for being so loyal, you know?

Are they actual dragons?

To my knowledge, which is incomplete, it wasn't so much that every race was designed for a purpose as that they're all prototypes for one race that was never finished. They were meant to be a soldier race against Chaos and they kept trying different races but while they often got good results, each race usually had something bad about them. I believe the Ogres were the last attempt at the perfect mindless soldier race but the old ones got fucked hard and were unable to continue, think it was them getting locked behind a portal or something.

And I'm buying a group of them, and no one can stop me, when VC comes out.

No.

No, they're vampires that seek to git gud and drink the blood of worthy enemies in order to overcome their thirst, so that one day they can rejoin their leader Abhorash and begin the real war. Their name comes from their leader having conquered his thirst for blood by gitting gud, and then fighting and killing a dragon, proceeding to drink its' blood afterwards

Nope. They're named that because Abhorash found a worthy foe in the form of a dragon, had an epic fight with it, and then drank the dragon's blood - which came with the benefit of eternally curing his vampiric thirst while leaving him the benefits of the vampiric body.

Exactly eight. A handful of OCs, She-Of-Fair-Eyes, Blue-Eyes White Dragon (just Blue for short), Erika Furudo, and Ange Ushiromiya.

If you ask 'why in the unholy fuck did you recruit Erika Furudo of all people? Isn't she a turbo bitch?' And you're right! She is! She is an absolutely terrible person.

>"So are you going to redeem her, or waifu her, or...?"

Nope. I just thought it'd be funny.

I wonder if the past few magic jumps have damaged my sanity slightly.

So now that Dragonball, DC Occult, Marvel Magic, and Exalted are the only relevant jumps on the drive, is there a reason fiat restrictions in other jumps shouldn't be lifted?

Ah, I see. Bit of a different paradigm here.

I think Fantasy Slaani really fucked up with their incomplete race over the 40k ones though, really. I mean, humans are functional and capable, at the least, and still have the potential to evolve into a race of gods if someone doesn't off them first. But the ogres? Insane dysfunctional messes of brutalism and savagery with no kinds of innate powers or intellectual skill, and who ended up falling into the worship of a warp entity despite being designed to fight them. A real mess.

Change log

>Players will be given 1000 Requisition Points to build a Sororitas force which will accompany them.
>Items are purchased with the RP pool.
>Prices are pretty much lifted straight out of the codex
>Due to this, Perks are brought back up to the 100/200/400/600 format
>Drawback CP grants have been doubled, has has the maximum amount of CP you can get from them
>Some of the capstone boosters have been altered and the standard abilites of the Living saint have been expanded
>Living Saint new rules.

Sitting at 44 right now.

Well, think of it this way. Ogres are big, incredibly strong, surprisingly fast, tough as shit, heal quick, can survive in most environments and on nearly anything vaguely edible, adapt over time to new places, very resistant to chaos taint and they love to fight big, strong, nasty things. If you're looking for a race of beings to turn into gods, yeah, they're not great. But if you're looking for a race of dumb soldiers to help you fight demonic hordes as extra muscle/meatshields, they're pretty darn good at their jobs.

I don't think you should offer 1000 points of an army for free. That's insane.

Greenskins are better though, except for the part where they will try and fight you too

>Items are purchased with the RP pool.
Why tho? Seriously, this jump feels way too generous.

>Black Bullet - where to take 10k children on the next jump?

Hmm.

Polity - the AI of the Polity are basically Culture lite, and would be able to find a world for them (and likely able to cure them too).

Tenchi Muyo - ask Washu for help, and/or take the background and/or perks that make you Jurai nobility and set them up somewhere. Also, again, advanced medical tech.

Supreme Commander - people tend to think of ACUs as just those things that spit out armies in minutes, but they can also build cities and even terraform planets (it just takes longer). Medical technology is also very advanced. If you go Drop-In, your ACU starts on an abandoned but habitable world (there may or may not be a small colony somewhere on the planet but there's still plenty of vacant land), as well as both a working Gate and a free Derelict (but functional) Transport if you want to go elsewhere in the galaxy.

Star Wars - medical tech not so high, but lots of worlds out there where 10k people would be a blip in a drop in a bucket.

Star Trek TNG - decent medical tech and the Feds tend to be good samaritans?

Do you ever get tired? I mean, samefagging as Dirge to start an argument was more effort than I've seen from you in a while, but now you've just gone back to spewing out the same shit.

42 slots on the main chain.

Side-chain / Path of Embers has no companions yet.

This feels like an SB jump: It has decent offerings and fluff, but it has whack-ass mechanics and feels like the author just wanted it to fit their build so they made easy drawbacks and gave a lot of free CP.

No, I totally see what you mean. They make good shock troops and dumb soldiers. Or they would if they were easier to control, direct, and reign in. I'm just noting that the end result ended up falling apart way worse, or at least their project got cut off well before they could stabilize it.

How about you stop same-fagging? Dirge was there last thread, and it seems like you're same-fagging to paint his actions as dickish. I was there, and I saw nothing of the sort.

It did occur to me, but people were complaining about the old prices yesterday so I'm trying other things and seeing how they stack up.

I can take it back to the 50/100/200/300 version I had before and leave the 1000 point army at a 400cp purchase if you think that would be better. Or I could make it a scenario reward.

>TFW I've not even considered my personal build yet.

And we're back.

So, the army option. I don't think it's good. I think offering an option to get 1000 points of sisters for free is broken. That is a lot of soldiers for absolutely no cost. or drawback.

The fact that it results in all the items being dirt cheap for someone who doesn't want an army and just wants all the items is another issue. Even if you do get a bunch of units too, you can quite easily pick up every item you want. I think you shouldn't handle the points this way because it goes far beyond "Making you a high rank sister" and into "You just get most of what's in the entire jump".

The drawbacks. Most of them are not worth what they are priced as. Penitent Engine is the worst offender by a long shot. 1200CP (1200!) for ten years of pain but the guarantee that you will not die. I could see some of the other drawbacks being worth what they're priced as. But your 1200cp is not worth 1200cp, in comparison to the 600s or in general.

That was not me. i was the guy who was disappointed by his behavior in the last thread.

So Val convinced you to make all the perks too expensive?

>1000 point army at a 400cp purchase if you think that would be better. Or I could make it a scenario reward.
Either of those, but keep the prices as they are.

Oh, for sure. The big flaw the Ogres had was their hunger, which was driving them to raid human settlements and breed out of control BEFORE the Maw landed on the planet and the influence of that thing only made things much worse BEFORE they all started treating it as their god and eating even more.

By now, modern times, they'd be awful troops. But back at the start, when they could be taught to follow the orders of the old ones, that might be a different story.

>Ended up with a structure most people were okay with.
>Change it to something nobody wanted the next day.

Scenario reward seems more fitting, to be honest. Actually, speaking of scenarios, what kinds of scenarios do you have in mind?

This is supposed to be a CYOA, not a shopping list. Please don't make it so you can get almost everything in the jump.

>This is supposed to be a CYOA, not a shopping list.

Dude. Have you even seen the last five jumps to be made.

> after 4 or 5 times, they will not be able to be revived.
Is that 4/5 times a decade, or like, 4/5 times ever?

If it really was Dirge then why didn't he post a jump? The only time that Dirge ever posts is either to post a group of jumps or ask for the jumps he's got on his requests list. All I saw was an user samefagging with the Dirge meme and people buying into it because it's easy to make a post that looks like Dirge as long as you throw certain points out there.

It's literally fine now. No one liked having 2000 points or half priced perks across the board, this is much better.

Honestly, make the prices cheaper. You said it yourself that the capstones are just powers experienced SoBs get.

Nobody's memory is short enough that they can't tell you're lying.

>Release jump while shitposter is still busy wanking his dick raw from last thread.

Brettonia, Tomb Kings, SoB, Marvel Magic, Prey?

You might have a point for MM, but Brettonia doesn't even allow you to purchase even most of a full line of perks and items.

>GuP jump has Girls und Bolo option
>has limits that prevent you from taking late-mark Bolos
I want my XXXIII, dammit.

I'll say it again, Bretonnia has over-specific, overpriced perks.

>You said it yourself that the capstones are just powers experienced SoBs get.
That's not a good justification for shitting on the standard format.

I was there and it was pretty obvious that everyone wanted the cp amounts reduced down to 1000, and the reduced prices got their own fair share of criticism with no one defending it. If you believe it should be changed, give a good reason why this jump is so special that it needs to give shit out on the cheep with it's amount of content.

> committed shall be reviled to you
Revealed?

None whatsoever.

Unfortunately, certain jumpmakers are complete and utter pricks about this, so all you can do is just tell them straight to their face "I'm ignoring this because you're a fuckup."

Any jump with more then one perk line per origin will result in the same thing as Bretonnia, where you cannot buy every perk they have discounted.

Or would you like to give us some examples?

Pft, you can spend 10 years hooked up to a battlemech filled with drugs while you're all manner of violated if you want Val and tell me if it was worth 600cp. Seriously I'm not set on that price but I'd rather not.

You've certainly got a point with the RP where the jumper them self is concerned. I can make a separate table for companions and jumpers.

A notsoulstorm campaign where you have to crusade across a system with your sisters. I think with that one you'd get the army.

Something to do with the inquisition, standing vigil over a relic for a century, I'm not there yet.

Yup, and with the boosted drawbacks you can still afford them.

His argument isn't about being able to buy them, he's just spouting vague bullshit about the 'value' of the perks in question like a dickbag.

>Drawbacks
Jumps shouldn't be balanced around you taking forty drawbacks and grinding your balls with a cheesegrater.

Who said?

Good suggestions, thanks.

Medical shouldn't be too big of an issue, since at this point they've already been cured and everything else is easy enough to handle. For that reason, Supreme Commander and Star Wars both sound pretty attractive, assuming the danger of the former can be mitigated. I suppose that's sort of an advantage to them being superhuman though. I briefly considered using a few hundred undead slaves to help the agriculture along, but it would be far from a perfect solution, given that they wouldn't be at all useful to them post-jump.

I'm starting to think that it would be better to find some sorta pocket dimension to put them all in. Maybe the personal Netherworld from Disgaea? Since it exists independent of the warehouse and has ample space. At that point you're already Overlord, so who's gonna stop you? All the demons that you already beat once?

You have to suffer if you want to be a living saint.

>Muh standard format
Standards are there to provide a foundation, not to be a binding, choking weed that throttles experimentation or a cage that that locks you in.

If you're playing this jump right, you shouldn't have any balls, so it's a moot point. :^)

Build a Czar, a Mavor and a Fatboy from Supreme Commander, use Duct Tape Fusion from Invader Zim to fuse them together, then install a Digital Ally from Marvel Cinematic Universe?

All this talk of marvel is why I basically houserule a perfect canon except for EMH and MCU, although I often deal with things not covered in theses series yet so I often houserule on them as well.

Meggan
Sister Grimm (Might want to wait a few years)
Dainneile Moonstar
Witch Woman
Magick
Pixie
Dagger
Selene (Black Queen)
Sif
Amora
And...Scarlet Witch...what can I say?

Some of these characters are evil,dead,married, and/or terrible characters at the moment. But probably the best magical marvel waifu bait imo.

At the very least, consider reducing it to 800 at most. If you still think it's worse then plunging the entire galaxy into civil war or some of the others, have it cost more, but can you really say it is worth 600 more CP then all the other drawbacks?

I'm already of the mind that most of your drawbacks should be halved in price (Though I acknowledge that some people seem to go with a 100/300/600 way for their drawbacks) but 1200CP is insane. Maybe at least remove the no death clause?

I'm talking about how the perks just suck, not about multiple perk lines or whatever. They have a bad habit of only working in specific areas, or in specific ones, or on specific people, or having to be really roundabout in use. Hell most of the damsel line relies on you investing five years in a sub-standard group of peasants to get a crappy army to defend you.

Sounds like you're volunteering to make a bolo jump?

It's not even about a living saint. I'm talking about the capstones and what you said about them.

>Standards are there to provide a foundation, not to be a binding, choking weed that throttles experimentation or a cage that that locks you in.

Experimentation just results in dumb jumps built to maximize purchases while minimizing any effort needed to earn or obtain those purchases.

Can you state specific examples? You're still being vague and it seems easy enough to just tell us the names of the perks you think do that.

Post the pdf then, because I can barely remember my mother's own name let alone the name of a fucking perk.

Where is the SoB drop ship from? Can't seem to find it.

Sounds like a steaming load of opinion.

This .

Warframe is literally a shopping list, and I can just walk in way more powerful than I entered for no risk at all.

>Warframe whining
Good job revealing yourself to be the shitposter.

You can never earn perks, retard.

Not necessarily. It also sometimes just results in shitty jumps that are weirdly structured for no apparent purpose other than to be unique. See, most of the jumps made earlier in jumpchains history.

>shitty jumps that are weirdly structured for no apparent purpose other than to be unique

And that's why we have standardized design.

The 600s are really worth it either. The civil war one just makes the setting a different kind of shitty. The no outside powers one is 600cp free if this is a first jump.

It's in the fucking drive you dumb shit, how much effort does it take to find the fucking thing yourself to substantiate an argument?

>I can just walk in way more powerful than I entered for no risk at all.
…Is that not technically true for all jumps? It's not like you couldn't turn tail and run from conflicts that scare you in every jump.

Who's the nastiest opponent you've ever faced in your chain, Jumpers?

Like I said, I can drop it back to what ever you want. I'm not taking it, but I think it should be an option.

That you get about 4 by the end of a Dark Heresy campaign? You see some shit in a Dark Heresy campaign.

Veeky Forums's 7th edition codex. It's basically an ornate Vulture.

She put a scaling foe that goes up to the level of a chaos god in the 300s. None of the drawbacks are priced right.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend going to 40k as a combatant on your first jump.