The ents are fucking based...

The ents are fucking based. They discuss for hours whether or not the decadent species of the ents should risk their lives to save the race of men, but in the end decide they can fight for themselves with no ent help. But when their friends the trees, who can not fight for themselves, are in distress no discussion is needed and they march to war even if that means they species could die.

You know how really old people shake their heads at kids. That's how Ents are times 1000000. They've seen Elves and Men fight wars again and again and again, repeating history each time. Why bother?

But when one of those kids decides to break into the retirement home and beat up a couple old folks for a laugh, it's fucking on.

>all the entwives are dead.
It fucking hit me that the ents are perhaps the last remnant of Arda left in middle earht and they will too pass away.
I didn't ask for these feels.

Maybe they are just hidding. I like to think there is a forest somewhere full of entwives finding for enthousbands.

The scene when the Ents decided to go to war gave me an everlasting impression and made me hate in fantasy any kind of notion of "nature is peaceful and full of harmony, please don't bully", but instead I began to love "nature can be peaceful, but don't fuck with it as it will fuck you back and look badass while doing so".

To be fair, they were literally created because Yvanna requested something to protect the trees.

They're already dying user, they had an argument and their wives left

They LEFT. For the aforementionned reason.

I love this idea. Nature has fucking tigers and vipers and hippos and shit, why the fuck does it have to be nice?

So what were the huorns?
were they feral ents or trees that were becoming entlike?

>what are the brown lands
they are dead niqqa

Yes.

Treebeard explicitly said they had an argument and thely left.

To make their gardens in the Brown Lands. Don't think theres anything concrete after that but its implied it gets orced during the Last Alliance

and Tolkien theorised that Sauron actually wiped them out. They're dead Jim.

Doesn't pippin find ent wives after Sauron is defeated? Hiding in the shire

what? no, don't be moronic.

what the shit?

Wonder how long the argument took.

Ents are the best fantasy archetypes.
Prove me wrong.

You can't.

Shush. Let the little lad dream.

Sam says his cousin saw a walking tree in the Shire. That's it.

>Not realizing the Entwives are not dead but West of the Shire.
>Not realizing that the Ents refusal to change is what is killed them.