/pfg/ Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Familiars edition: Any cheesy or cool way you've used your familiars? What's your favorite familiar?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj (embed)

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Familiars are one of those things I don't like, I feel they're either utilized too well and too strong, or just ignored.

You pick up the compy or nothing at all.

G-greensting scorpion?

"Lets give wizards improved initiative. For free. That stacks with improved initiative."

My character is engaged to his Lyrakien Familiar but it's not weird they've known each other a long time Since she was a Caterpillar in fact.

Would that be considered robbing the cocoon?

Trip Quads speak the troof

So, they got really familiar.

What the fuck, why were confessions last night so heavy?

Friday Night

Alcohol had probably been imbibed

I'm still paranoid they're about me

This.

On that very subject, is the Ley Line Guardian Witch worth it?

Of course they're about you, we love to talk about you.

Bloodrager w/ Aberrant Bloodline, Aberrant tumor, and a Protector Familiar

Conglaturations you now have like 50% more health and it regenerates

>Cancer makes you stronger

Is there an official Unchained Fighter?

Nope, just the optional Stamina and Advanced Weapon/Armor Training stuff.

Nope

>What's your favorite familiar?

Are tiny dragons That Guy territory?

The Ceru familiar is super cute and those rerolls it gives can be great too! Poison... Constant Detect Magic... And fast healing 2 so it can run away and heal up if it happens to get hit! It's a shame there aren't any pictures of them anywhere. Truly, it's the perfect pocket pachyderm.

I want a tiny dragon that lives in my purse!

Should I be a Blood Arcanist going down the Psychic bloodline

How do I fluff this

My DM recently opened my eyes to what it's like to have no idea what it means to be a good person. I mean, have no cognizant understanding of what virtue is, via a baleful polymorphed intelligent undead.
I have found myself preaching morality to a frog. What am I doing with my life?

I'm thinking of making a Tiefling Empiricist Investigator for my next character ... Anything I should keep an eye out for?

Starting anywhere below level 4

haha it hurts because its true

Heh.
But luckily I get to make the same level as my previous character was, that is L15 + 2 mythic tiers.

What do you do with prisoners?

But why?

What races are scaly besides Kobolds and Lizarfolk?

Werecroc skinwalkers

Tieflings with the "Scaled Skin" trait, or Raksasha-blooded tiefs.

What bussines would you recommend to open in a city, if you have the favour of the count?

So....

Playing an Artificer in 3.5

I created a Remorhaz Effigy that is Gargantuan(due to 17hd). I also created a Wyvern Effigy that is also gargantuan and it also is lightning immune and breaths lightning due to a blue dragon corpse. Then i created a prismatic golem and crafted a scroll of wish and wished for them all to be combined and it has been granted.

What the fuck should i name this monstrosity?

I was caling the Remorhaz just Rem and the wyvern Ridley. I am so bad with names.

Mister Cupcake

Depends on your character's inclinations, really.
My current pc will kill the ones who are dangerous, maim the ones that are not.

It's called a Psychopath user, and if it's got no idea, you'll never get through to it.

They are neither good not bad, they just are. They function on a different level that does not involve empathy with other sentient beings.

You guys know any skill related to bird-watching?

Mine would release alsmost consistently for the specific reason that she doesn't find an use to murdering them. Even if they're part of an enemy army or something like that. "There's always gonna be more coming."

She doesn't give much of a shit.

perception

Gives them a peck on the cheek and a slap on the bum as he releases them while ensuring that if they ever do anything evil he will be there to cut his throat open and proceed to caulk it with sea salt, hoping the process is extended until the guy dies of sodium overdose.

He'd never do that because he doesn't care, but it's a fun way to intimidate people.

Perception, survival and knowledge (nature)

Several high profile lewdgames are on the verge of breaking up, Rory is a bad person in general, a certain someone caused a huge panic across all cabal games with a ridiculous stunt and has been nonstop dramatic, and many people in lewdgames are starting to feel unsatisfied or neglected because only certain people are getting lewd attention.

It's been a rough week and I think that a lack of quality games is to blame. Lewd is not a substitute for quality.

>He'd never do that because he doesn't care
>Has such a specific and thought out way of killing someone
Somehow...im not sure i believe you

*unsubstantiated bullshit*

Then don't, it won't change factual statements whether or not any user believes it or not.

What confessions?

The break-up stuff is most definitely bullshit, but I think user has a point about the effect of Rory shutting down TSS. There seemed to be a good number of people excited for the game and it's a bit of a shock to have it shut down because of a few shitty memesters and some anonymous pricks shitting on games like they do with every game.

Someone asked for unfiltered confessions in the last thread and got like 30 replies.

Oops, was supposed to be .

I don't like the games getting broken apart, but the constant shilling of games and "memeing" of characters is pure cancer. It's not hard to figure out why they'd attract such negative attention.

Hopefully EotFC will be able to at least ease the pain of the salty anons with huge chips on their shoulders.

I don't think there are really that many salty anons, just people who don't like what /pfg/ games have turned the general into.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands

Saturday is a good day to write applications!

I promise that I am less autistic than I seem to be.

T-there's also pilgrimage to the demonlands!

Especially since every character is technically accepted!

Make a hyper-cute character, people! Even if you don't get in, someone who got in might waifu her!

Thanks for the plug.

Wait this sounds like a bad idea.

Couldn't you troll the game by creating really awful joke apps?

Like what happens if BOSS DICK gets an app here.

BLUE BOARD user

BLUE
FUCKING
BOARD

OH GOD I DIDN'T SEE WHAT WAS IN THAT IMAGE WHEN I CAPPED IT. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME DEAR GOD WHY ME

Anons who hate games come in two flavors:
1) Those who hate the idea of /pfg/ games and the culture they've brought into "new /pfg/". These anons always shout about how "games are cancer" and "old /pfg/ was better" and "generic waifu shit".
and
2) Those who are salty as hell that they didn't make it into a game. These anons attack specific players/characters that they think had weaker applications than their own with things like "Valeriya is a whore", "Kyras only got in because he turboshilled" and "Captain Slow is an unoriginal hack who stole every character from GoT".

PotD looks like a fine game, but it's business as usual and those that don't get in are still going to be salty. EotFC's everybody gets in setup could be a workable solution to this salt.

>Couldn't you troll the game by creating really awful joke apps?
Protag obviously isn't going to be accepting EVERY application, but appropriate apps will still make an appearance.

Here's a substitute image without what appears to be a doberman choking down a gigantic flaccid wiener.

What was the picture?

The DM implied she'd(?) reject joke apps.

You should troll the game by making an extremely beautiful alley whore fixed up to masquerade as a high-class courtesan, like Theodora or... Fuck, that Shakespearean play of the same concept!

So apparently you can't hate the games unless you're a bitter oldfag or a bitter reject. Surely it can't be because the culture the games brought WERE, in fact, cancerous.

And /pfg/ was cancerous before, and will be again

Ah, yes, the old Mythweavers strategy of 'You're not getting in the game, but I'll use your character! That males up for it, right?'

I have no idea what makes people get excited about that. That doesn't sound good to me at all, it sounds like thievery.

>That males up for it
The Patriarchy?

It isn't a good thing. Apparently there were a number of games that never even started, and the person who was "running" it would brag about all the free characters they managed to steal from people who just wanted a game.

What historical dates are best for inspiration for homebrew map/setting?

The period of the 30 Years War, so the 1550s.

At least they're upfront about it, 90% of Myth-Weavers campaigns end this way.

>mfw I've pretty much given 90% of my characters that never got picked for a game a role in my setting, so that perhaps I get to play them for a while when/if they interact with the PCs.

Running my party through the Castle Calaelen section of the Rappan Athuk expansions and tonight after encountering Gorl the Gnoll they:

>Reduced him to 1 HP which triggers his attempt at surrender (He does not speak common)
>Took him outside in the rain past the corpses of his fallen allies then fired a gun in the air when he growled at them
>disarned him before dragging him around the castle to the a semi-friendly Goblin NPC to try and get him to translate(the Gnoll doesnt speak goblin either)
>after failing to find someone who could speak gnoll sent him out of the castle into a storm with naught but a compass and an idol of Lamashtu

I feel bad for the Gnoll. They killed his bandmates, took his stuff and kicked him out of his place of employment(and later killed his employer)

That sounds cute! Tell us about some of them.

Except the original cancer was in line with regular old fashioned Veeky Forums cancer.

What we have is much fucking worse.

PLD Story Time, To the end of the Martel Mine, and Beyond!
>Escaping with the tome, the girls come face to face with one last thread, Sigmund's killer
>The Nightwalker Logan blocks their path, swinging around his moonsilver blade and Sigmund's gun
>Thinking herself clever, Cashmere weaves a spell, attempting to dominate his mind
>Initiatives are immediately rolled as Logan responds with a double salvo of moonsilver bullets
>Gloriana's impassioned pleas do nothing for the nightwalker, but sways the heart of his subordinate amidst the melee
>Taler (controlled by Tem) rips away the rifle from Logan, fleeing beyond the girls
>But Logan is no easy prey, having slain the last Troll King himself
>A glimmer of hope is seen however, when the rabble rouser old man asks for the tome...
>In a flash of magic, he's gone, replaced with another; a golden lion in the shape of a man!
>Caught between the combined might of Gloriana's strength, Cashmere's magic, and Lysander's berserker rage, Logan continues fighting
>Run through by Lysander's Lance... he doesn't die. Dark magic mends his flesh, bringing him back to his feet
>Bon-bon is cut down
>Lysander is cut down
>Gloriana is run through!
>But the might of a paladin of Iono is not to be taken lightly...
>Seizing an oppurtunity given by the turncoat, Gloriana's greatsword plunges through his heart
>Logan finally falls, being given the eternal rest that Nightwalkers never find
>Sigmund is avenged!
>A Tome is acquired!
>Our heroines (and Lysander the Golden Berserker) have just angered the powerful local noble family
>Thinking quickly, Cashmere tried to claim that Lysander was the true demon and that she exorcised the spirit (complete with a phony illusion thereof) from his corpse to allay suspicions and explain away the events of the evening
>What a mess!

PLD - The Martel Manor Epilogue
>Thankfully, the Dean of the local institute for magical studies, an attendee at the Martels' shindig, is most interested in our heroines (and Lysander's "carcass.")
>she's putting them under house arrest at her campus to research Tome phenomena and other oddities for six weeks
>Beats the heck out of doing hard time!
>Our heroines return to the home of the serving girl Joan's family, and Gloriana has a touching reunion with her wholly platonic, buxom young friend
>Joan offers a plot of land on their property to lay Sigmund to rest
>Gloriana digs a grave and tries (and fails) to remember the song her mother sang at her oldest brother's funeral. Tears are shed into the open earth
>Cashmere imagines how many might die before their quest is through, and it terrifies her
>She uses magic to access the final memories of Sigmund from his cloak, which she was wrapped in after being rescued, giving him a neat IC epilogue
>Gloriana recites prayers to the True Gods as she buries him, and keeps his rifle as a memento, to return it if she should ever find any family of his someday, and to wield it in his quest in the meantime.
>Respects: Paid

PLD - The Mar College of Magickal Studies arc begins
>The Nightwalkers are going to college!
>New scenes, new faces, and downtime for weeks!
>they meet Cat, their tough but cute bodyguard/jailer
>Bon-Bon takes leave of the party
>Cashmere and Gloriana kiss for purely academic reasons
>and then the party finally meets two new player characters, Ashlyn and Cierra.
>they're in the company of Eiro Martel, the same noble braggart from that inn all those weeks before
>before the mine, before the manor, before the manticore, before trolls and terror, when Cashmere was still innocent and hope still glimmered in her eyes
>he's working with the Knights Inquisition, and they're hunting an ancient spider golem that's run amok and begun consuming monster flesh!
>and he "rescued" these two girls and brought them to his favorite Nightwalkers as a pretense to grill all of them on this golem business, to gloat, and to eat the heroines' (and Lysander's) pears!
>Gloriana and Lysander struggle mightily not to strike him
>Cashmere plays the role of Sensible Suzy and hides her paranoid fear of mischief
>Ashlyn suspects a conspiracy with no factual support
>and Cierra is released from a burlap sack, hissing and thoroughly draked
>Gloriana lays hands upon this irresistible new girl immediately, and her sad tale is unveiled once her corruption is purified
>For more Cierra adventures, download the Drake Hunt DLC!
>Eiro feels the overwhelming need to interrogate the poor girl about the events surrounding her traumatic violation.
>and the bastard is still eating their pear
>Smug and satisfied with what he can gather, Eiro takes off without getting punched, and the new iteration of the party is united at last!
Stay tuned next week!

Thanks for posting these! Was a fascinating read.

Fuck you for posting these! Was a terrible read that is contributing to the cancer rending this general apart.

It's a very fun game

>Thirty Years War.

But that's in 1618.

So both PtD and EC both look to be character centric games and imply an app period where the DMs will work with players through the app period instead of keeping it impersonal looking.

Do you think this will be the new game trend?

>Prisoners
They usually get turned in for a bounty. Most places don't take too kindly to bandits and brigands and usually put them down.

The ones that don't have a standing bounty on them or new recruits the authorities let us take as servants usually get branded and Reduced Person if they're cute. I'm willing to allow a tiny Maid around, but it's up to the other players to take care of them.

Depends on how popular the games are.

How long did it take other games to amass a large pool of applicants?

Mmhmmm.

Then 1618, still a very good year for campaigns!

How cute is Ashlyn?

Cute, but you'll have to wait for them to see the pic

What do you prefer: Early/High/Late Middle Ages, Renaissance, or Early Modern for a setting? What do you think work/is best?

Did Bonbon finally die from paying the troll toll

Is Ashlyn going to inherit troll debt

Viking Age, High Middle Ages and Age of Reformation (1517-1648.)

The first because it's an age of simultaneous stability and flux, the second because lol medieval, and the last because it's a combination absolutism with effective firearms.

Renaissance to Early Modern for Pathfinder, SPESSSSSS for Starfinder. Once you can use even the lowest tiers of magic items, society as a whole should move up.

Obviously, people who think Pathfinder simulates any of those time periods is WRONG and is merely copying an aesthetic. Simply put, the only way to make SO MANY magic items weird and wonderful is if everyone emerged from their magical disaster shelter 20 years ago.

>tfw bonfire-chan won't love you back

Can you put Bonbon's troll toll logs up again, please?

I think the player wasn't having fun as Bonbon.

Was it because of troll mutations? Or was it just the personality?

bon-bon didn't get any troll mutations.

The corruption rules got changed specifically because she didn't. The offer was made to retcon some fun stuff to her, but she chose fresh blood instead.

I thought she got Troll tier Regeneration?

Is that the whole codification of "You either get pregnant or mutated" thing?