Character Concept Thread

I'll start. Human Warlock with the noble background that pretends to be a cleric that works for the higher tiers of nobility as a humble sage. By night he spends his time and money on loose women and expensive drinks. By day he works to spread his influence and corruption through the higher echelons of the government. Needs a high constitution/charisma, and the medicine feat/skill.
... anybody think of a good name?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasynamegenerators.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fantasynamegenerators.com/

Or you can call him just Bob. He sounds like a Bob to me.

Filename

Arcane Cleric that worships a God of magic, but interprets her will as "mortals should not use magic"
High dex and wisdom, dump charisma.
Use misty step and mirror image whenever possible. And spells that harm other spellcasters specifically... can't think of any off the top of my head.

Bump for more characters

Filename

Tiegling Cossack that have been travelinig all over the world thanks to her long life (60 years and still looks in her 20's) now working in not China as a court assassin. She's an exellent archer and the sword. The long life have also allowed her to learn some philosophical treaties beside combat experience.

Lost amnesiac "super-soldier," wizard's experiment trying to find out who his family was before he woke up. He's unaware of his past at all, but he does have a near-mythical mind when it comes to battle; almost any experience outside of war and campaigns is new to him. Despite this, he is only prone to violence when he is threatened and the Fury activates. He has a love of beauty in all its forms, and is something of a budding artist.

Could use some input for a Victorian-Lovecraft horror setting.

Either a scholar who has lived a relatively secluded life up until being thrust into the underground conflict between cosmic forces. weak, but smart and learns to be somewhat competent along the way.

or

An older man with a history of violence and drug abuse who reformed and became a scribe in a monastery, who now is forced to contend with otherworldly forces. All the while not knowing if what he is seeing is real or the result of sever withdrawal. An out of practice brawler/ thug who is forced to refine himself into a more capable warrior in order to survive.

A late scholar's disciple who's job it is to explore new lands and record exotic fauna and chart maps. He's mostly just excited to be out and about adventuring though.

I always love the grizzled old warrior trope, and if/when he dies it's not much of a hit to the feels because he's old, but it still makes for a humanizing experience. Bonus points for a younger, but less competent compatriot sacrificing himself for the old man.

Was always weak in wizardry and sorcery, but once out in the world, he discovers latent druidic potential.

No, fuck off, make your own character.

Then why you post here you cockgobbling bastard? Another user here

Leave him alone m8.
His hormone therapy makes him moody

this is one of the most autistic posts i've seen in a while

like not 'that guy' autistic, just plain autistic

like you're just really stupid and can't think of anyone else

holy fuck

Sorry, consider me chastised. Feel free to put your own spin on whatever takes your fancy.

A 1/16th human and 15/16th elf that has always loudly proclaimed 'I'm not even one of you elves; I'm a human!' whenever he got upset. This was usually met with groans and eye-rolling but one day, after another such tantrum, he gapped it from his village to start up a life with humans at the tender young age of 38.

Now he travels around to learn as much as he can about human culture, especially the bits about getting wasted at taverns and picking up wenches with his devilishly handsome human looks.

Here's my list. Some are stolen from threads like this, some original.

>Farmer who left home and became a hermit monk after contracting lycanthropy. Left so he wouldn't hurt his family/hometown, looking for cure. Quiet dude, drinks a lot.
>Orc whose parents were killed by paladins.
>Rogue pretending to be a spell caster for fame and fortune. Missing a few fingers from being caught.
>QT tomboy, farm-raised, paladin. LG, naive, left home for adventure. Writes to family often.
>Ex-gladiator fighter. Doesn't wear shoes. Awkward but well meaning. Budding artist.
>Writing a guide to monsters, keeps book and writes down details after fights. Tendency to put their want for knowledge over their own wellbeing gets them in trouble often.
>Claustrophobic dwarf who will do near anything to avoid spending their whole life in mines.
>Writer who set off on an adventure to cure their writer's block.
>Librarian who accidentally stumbled upon a wizard's spellbook.
>Wizard adventuring to pay off student loans.
>Half-elf gipsy bard and/or rogue who plays the harmonica.
>Jaded paladin who hates people, but can't stop himself from saving them.
>Kenku monk.
>Mischievous goblin bard, writes lots of limericks. Plays harmonica and/or pan flute.

16 year old boy that works on his family's farm. Father died a few years ago and his mother cares from him, his sister, and does her best to run the farm. His sister has a debilitating disease since birth that causes her bones to break and flesh to bruise far more easily.

The family must get healing treatments from the local clerics of the church, but in exchange they demand monetary compensation that slowly places the farm on the brink of collapse.

In an effort to ensure continued medical treatment for his sister and financial freedom for his family on the whole, this boy offers his indentured servitude to the church. After rigorous evaluations it seems the boy might have what it takes to become a Paladin.

The church inducts him into the order, gives him a sword and charges him with the duty of ridding the world of evil. With the looming threat of his status being revoked if he does not make regular reports of positive progress in his mission, and thus the aid to his family being withdrawn, the young boy sets out to accomplish this daunting task with little to no idea where to start.

His sister under the constant thumb of what she views as a corrupt clergy makes a pact with some big bad. Its power does little for her constitution, but empowers her with unsettling abilities. She goes in the opposite direction of her brother, but they'll eventually meet when she is tricked or coerced by her patron to kill her mother to get back at the Paladin that is causing him so much asspain.

An old character of mine: rogue, the daughter of innkeepers, former secretary to a mob boss, and painter. She adventures to find inspiration. Modeled it as a will save vs straight d20 roll to avoid going into a painting mania when the DM said the scene was beautiful or moving. Failed it in combat, still survived and got a painting out of it too.
By the way, when playing an artist, find a copy of 3.5's Draconomicon, go to Appendix A, and find Table... 12 I think. It lists depictions for art objects, roll two or three of them, design an art piece for your character to make from those rolls. It will save your ass.
>fisherman with a pet dog, adventuring after a spell duel between mages made the fish avoid his village.

oh i like that idea!

thing that was making me stop was considering how great it is to see characters who have no martial experience at all and who are fairly regular guys being forced to take on things infinity more powerful than they are.

>most if not all of lovecrafts protagonists
>ripley from aliens
>Isaac from dead space

big fucking monkey, emphasis on the monk

not really hes an ape

>kidnapped from some ancient jungle where the gorillas grew way to big to be trifled with
>stolen and used as a basically a forklift, lifting heavy things high up (11' max height with his palms up)
>eventually escapes and finds a wood elf monk, learns how to understand elvish and speak basic common, now adores wood elves and is beginning down the monk path
>still a big angry gorilla, so hes mostly just beating shit up, not much reading
>eventually he calms down and starts really reading into harnessing your ki and shit
>at that time he's found by the slavers who were looking for their property, they burn his hut down and he runs away with some monk books

I think the rest is like, forward story and not backstory/concept stuff

My current fantasy campaign involves demigods, mad druids, overpowered artificiers, alucard rip-offs and other over the top PCs. Don't get me wrong, it's good, like rules-lite exalted that's actually fun, but yesterday MG revealed our actions have caused Ragnarok. By the time we will have sorted this mess out I will be sick of high power levels and will need something more down to earth to make game more interesting (am I getting more mature or what).

Welcome Simon, whom I plan to add to my character rooster asap.
>completely normal, vanilla mortal teenager/young adult from good house of mortal, normal people. His family is wealthy enough for him to have comfortable life. He has no secret hero/immortal/vampire/weeb uncles, grandfathers or anything, there had never been any prophecy about him nor he is any child prodigy.
>lives in city housing first ever heroes guild, which members are often as powerful as they are irresponsible
>one day his friend had died during a fight between a trigger happy hero and some monster
>surprisingly, he understands it was merely as an accident and holds no grudge
>somehow attracts attention of a famous warrior, becomes his squire
>after a few years of training he becomes hero himself, armed with sword and dual pistols he had crafted himself.
>joins the guild and starts making the world a better place
>Swears an oath never to desire, search, make deals or in any other way acquire power beyond his very own abilities. He's still traumatised from the accident and is afraid of ever having more power than he can control. All he will achieve will be due to his hard work, skills and willpower.
>Despite being hero, he still lives with his family, he doesn't want to leave parents or little sister yet.
>He also shares his prize money with them.
>I am going to make him the best badass normal ever created with more relatable problems than deciding what to do with enthralled dragon.

>So that's the spiral power?

Why can't my players write like you.

Just an ordinary blacksmith, or at least that's how he sees himself. Actually a Paladin of the Crown. A few years ago he lead a small group of townsfolk to the defense of the King while he capital was under attack. He was given an honorary knighthood & the king has made him a judge which he does three days a week.

He has a small family which he supports with his good crafts he still makes when not dispensing judgement. His oldest son has already moved out & practices the family trade in a village a day away. His youngest kid is training with the young captian of the guard. she dreams of being a great knight. His middle kid is a scholar in training he isn't a wizard but does well with sciences & history.

His maul is named Justice, & woe to any who deserves to see him met it out

Shit forgot pic