Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1508: Giant Crabs Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1119#post-35175562
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Giant Crabs Edition

>Giant Crabs Edition
>flashbacks to Prador war intensify

Oh my, my~

Crabs are cute.

Jumpers! Have you ever attacked its weak spot for massive damage? What was it the weak spot of?
waifus don't count you perverts

>Have you ever attacked its weak spot for massive damage?
No, I fight with honor.

I've had my weak point attacked.

>4x Fire weakness

>webm
what am I looking at here??

I know that feel user, stay strong
we shall purge the fire types from the face of the earth.

It turns out most creatures have weak, easily-jellied eyes. Unless they're robots, in which case you just beat one up and steal their weapon, and another one will be weak to that weapon and you just cycle through.

Also, Shadow Stalker does not win in fights against electromasters.

Waifus always count, you arrogant arthropod.

i seem to be taking on the same powers throughout many jumps, is it okay or is it useless?

Yes. Everything.
Yeah, turns out once you get past the point where you can bench press moons, most everything becomes a weak spot.
At least until you get to those super high-end worlds. Then the weak spot is still everything, but only because of my mighty hammer! That is NOT a euphemism.

It's thematic, which is good if you want to establish a clear identity for your Jumper.

Besides Cracker_Jack and Valeria, who most needs to be evicted from the thread?

I want to get rid of that expel Anonymous fag... you know

We've been over this, you're the only one needs to be evicted. Stop cowering behind people who will always be better than you.

Sorry, you all look the same.
I meant to point at this Anonymous

Do you really think it's acceptable to make such high-powered jumps? They might as well just hand you a Spark.

>Sorry, you all look the same
That's Racist!

Some people like to do thematic jumpers.
I for one am based around my use of fire, smoke, and ash, along with ALL THE FIGHTING PERKS and charisma too.
My one companion is based around tech perks, along with lightning, wind, and water elements.

Might be a controversial issue, but it's pertinent to this thread as well: forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1119#post-35175562

So which jumps, /jc/?

Do you really think it's acceptable to make such inconsiderate posts? You might as well admit you're trying to kill all discussion, like the anti-dirge poster.

I don't see what's so special about a Spark.
You can pick one up at any store.

Hey, it's okay. I know you're embarrassed, so just let it all out. Everyone has accidents.

The original JC creator made the DBZ jump. There aren't many settings with such heights of power available as one of our first.

Get that spacebattles shit out of here, faggot.

Where can I get a perk to shake down people for money? I need to invest in myself. I want to become the strongest being

Depends on the powers, I guess.

Stop doing this. It's always been annoying, you busybothering shit. I don't care what happens on the other site. I don't want to KNOW what happens on the other site. All you're doing is shitposting by trying to manufacture salt

Berzerk comes to mind, if only because of its weird CP cost font size. It just tickles my autism in a really uncomfortable way.

I don't know. I just know what Fredpieman believes. Wherever he is, /jc/'s prayers go out to him.

What are you gonna do 'bout it, you filthy little user?

Usually have a habit of making weak spots on enemies, usually shonen villains. The general area would be the mouth, since shattering glass jaws are fun.

They expect some super move but flash knockout happens instead.

Forgot the name, but I remember Saint's Row has the perk for investing in yourself. As for shaking people down there's the Thief capstone in FF1, technically Clapchemy or Simplified/Advanced Formulae from FMA once you get precise enough, maybe the Thief capstone from 8-Bit Theater and Principle Invoking Onslaught from Exalted: Infernals.

Well, I tried doing that in Zendikar. Got some friends of mine to put down a bunch of leylines, hooked them up with some crystals-and tried to shoot the lots right in the invading Eldrazis' face. Didn't work out so well because they were all juiced up on mana 'roids, like that time Homer got sent to Hell and enjoyed being forcefed pies.

Fortunately, it DID buy enough time to kickstart plan B: The Deep Dimension trapdoor.

Also, Gwen had a bit of a lifechanging revelation and came to peace with being a god mutated by the Deep! So that was a nice bonus. She activated the thing by surfing up the dreggy maelstrom and smacked Emrakul in the face with it. And we abandoned the surfboard because the Deep is /very/ hard to clean off.

Between Morning Star and Trigon Begone, which drawback is harder?

From DeSu and DC Occult, respectively.

Um.

...I'm going to tentatively say Trigon Begone. Y'see, powerlevels aside Lucifer isn't playing for keeps in DeSu. He's here for a good, honest, straightforward magical brawl. Lets you take your sweet time about it too; sure you're fighting for your life in a city invaded by demons, but that's all good practice.

Trigon may be less powerful than Lucifer, but he's out to take over the world. Which means he won't be politely waiting for you on a street corner somewhere, follow the SMT standard number of demons per party or give up if you put up a good enough fight. And if he gets desperate enough, in theory he could cuddle up to someone scarier to give him a hand.

Lucifer just wants to fight you because you're here. There's no ulterior motive, and therefore no mystic trap to worry about.

Which is harder, Trigon Begone or Day of Vengeance?

Thanks, mate. I'm taking these late, but both are worthy challenges and I wasn't sure exactly how to order them.

Trigon can be one-shoted much easily. Fighting Luciifer on the other hand has you dealing with the weird SMT-verse mechanics. Which can get really messy.

I don't know if I'd say "easily" -he is supposed to be a universal threat, after all- but fair enough.

Day of Vengeance, by a significant margin.

You could probably trick Trigon with out of context bullshit plus extra lives.

Day of Vengeance is so much more though.

how do you even beat the spectre? dude looks pretty strong.

They're not that weird desu. Elemental resistance lowers damage, eleemntal weakness heightens damage. pierce trumps reflection and absorbtion, rinse, repeat etc. The intimidating factor is that all of these are apparently much more powerful than the pokemon-style presentation would have you believe.In Apocalypse's trailer, Angel (one of the weakest demons) lets loose what looks like an Excaliblast on the city.

Well, in Day of Vengeance, he's much weaker (as he's cut off from his main power source). He's still pretty strong, though. Also he might be able to be stopped with enough charisma or redemption perks.

He is a universal conqueror, not a guy that goes around one-shoting universes all of the time. He can be engaged in physical combat, which means that hitting him with things like the Longinus Lance + Sting could potentially end him pretty easily.

Grab the Vestments of Balance in the same jump and the Green Lantern ring in Injustice, and you're pretty set to get close to him.

Meanwhile, if you're going to fight Lucifer you have to take a lot of weird metaphysics and magic into consideration.

>pierce trumps reflection and absorbtion
Don't you mean Null and Absorption? I thought Reflect explicitly trumped Pierce?

So, any more suggestions on my Magical Pokemon Journey jump? I made a few changes based on the feedback I got, but I think the jump was forgotten in the whole morality debate back then.

But are the trailers canon, or are they just supposed to look cool so people will buy the game?

This almost goes without saying, but, what changes?

Depends on the game.

> Really want to be a Pokemon
> But all the perks I like are discounted to humans to a one.
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA.

Look, I get you like the option, but you have to stop letting Reunion Beyond the Grave allowing you to companion people from other jumps. That's not an okay thing to put in. Even the bit about reaching into the real world is pretty bad but companioning people from past jumps, even for that much CP, is not okay.

Well, I added a few more details to items like the ninja fruits to make them more worth the price.

I gave a couple more possibilities for ghost partners in the Reunion Beyond the Grave option so you don't necessarily need to ghost to be someone from a previous jump.

I also made it clearer that the Mansion follows you between jumps. That's about it, I think; like I said, it didn't get many more suggestions than that, which is why I wanted to make sure there wasn't something else that needs to be adjusted.

>Hardy
>Metronome
Both of these seem much better then any other perk on their price tier. I think you should reduce the level that Hardy reduces weaknesses or at least make it so it doesn't almost entirely remove them. Metronome, even if random, still has a significantly higher chance of giving you powerful attacks rather then debilitating ones to yourself. It should be a higher cost then just 100cp, especially when compared to the other 100s.

>given 251 CP
>+50 CP drawbacks

Look, this kind of things are really bad. Why it's so hard to stick with the 1/2/4/6 format?

Usually? Yeah, they're accurate.

>Grandpa's Mission
This already gives out 500 cp just for taking it. It shouldn't also give two potential rewards that are as good as they are. I think you need to remove either the cp it gives and make it a pure scenario or remove the reward. Given there is no time limit and it actually an extend the jump timer without limit, I would seriously reccomend removing the cp granted by this and moving it to it's own section

>Reunion Beyond the Grave

Absolutely not. Also what said.

Oh hi Mark.

>Pic related

You're really that kind of person, huh? Can handle a little criticism after asking for it?

What do you think? It's an SBer.

Jumpers, have you ever had your fortune told, or a prophecy made about you? What did they say and how did it turn out?

Hey, guess what? I'm not the Jump maker. I'm just calling you out for being a douche canoe.

The +251 CP is a little callback to how the manga (in the U.S.) ended during the Johto arc, which had a total of 251 Pokemon. To make up for the extra 1 CP, I added in the Grandpa Figurine, which only costs 1 CP.

As for the +50 CP drawbacks, I had a wide variety of different drawbacks ranging in challenge level, so I thought +50 CP was appropriate for a couple of them.

Metronome: Really? I actually thought that the other perks in that branch were better. If you think that it deserves a higher level, I suppose I could switch it out with Huff and Puff; that would put it at 300 CP.

Hardy: Okay, I'll try to reduce the level of resistance; I was just worried that otherwise it wouldn't be worth being a capstone.

It really won't work? I was hoping it would be okay, but if nobody thinks that it would be acceptable, I can cut it down for the final submission here.

>Hardy
>your vulnerability to specific weaknesses is sharply reduced
What is this based on? And how does it work in the following situations:

I turn into an altform that normally takes double damage from fire, then git hit with a fireball.

I turn into a vampire who normally burns up with a few seconds of direct sunlight and walk into the sun.

I turn into a werewolf who is highly resistant to all damage but get hurt normally by silver, then get shot by a silver bullet.

>Introduction
>In the Next Volume...
These seem like the same perk, except the 300CP one is worse because it only activates about once a year.

>Friends and Family
500CP is too much for importing people to this low power setting. Make it 200/300.

>Marin
600CP for an unobtainable but otherwise normal pokemon is overpriced. Shouldn't be more than 300.

>Reunion from Beyond the Grave
You shouldn't offer companions that come from other jumps. Restrict it to characters from this world and reduce the price to about 200.

Okay, I think I'll try to make this into a separate scenario. I just thought it would be worth CP since you can't end the jump until you complete the mission; then again, some people might see that as a benefit, I admit.

Metronome's problem is less the perks in it's branch as it is all the other 100cp perks in the jump. Metronome's randomness means it's definitely no capstone but it has a lot more potential and power then the other 100cps and the drawback to it isn't really enough to balance that out, at least if it's anything like the games.

Thanks to overzealous use of Infernal Monster Style, anyone who tries to see my future (or the future of anyone within a few miles of me) just gets the message "THE MONSTER IS HERE". Ruins my cover a lot, but is so fun to surprise people with.

... I am stealing this image.
Thanks, user.

Oh, hello, how's your sex life?

The Room is so darn quotable.
Pity it was a terrible film.

But user, it's only quotable because it's a terrible film.

...Doesn't that only happen while actually in Infernal Monster Form? Are you constantly going around in Hulk-style martial arts poses?

So?

Hardy: I based this on how the humans in the manga survive a lot of comedic catastrophes, but I also got inspiration from one heartwarming story. A Charmander and his human friend Peanut are searching for a flower on a mountain. Throughout the journey, Peanut, who is extremely frail, keeps getting into trouble. When they get to the plateau on top, a rainstorm closes in, and for once Charmander is afraid. However, Peanut covers him, saying that while he's frail he's actually pretty hardy, whereas Charmander is highly weak to water, so he'll protect his buddy. I'm not sure how it would work in practice; I was initially going to say that it reduces the degree of damage to some degree and prevents the weakness from being too powerful, but then I decided to up it some, and now it's going back down again.

Introduction/Next Volume: The former is more narrow, while the latter is broader. The canon introductions often focused on little stories like dates and vacations, whereas the volume previews often pointed at multiple things coming up that have more relevance than in a single episode.

Friends and Family: Okay, I'll see about reducing that and Marin.

Since the big appeal would be kind of lost, I think I'll just get rid of Reunion here.

I don't remember.

Yes to both. Like I said, overzealous use.

But that story doesn't have anything to do with a human ignoring their own elemental weaknesses.

If you want to base a perk on it, maybe something that allows you protect other people to cover up for their environmental weaknesses, being able to perfectly keep rain off a Charmander, sunlight off a vampire, etc.

Good idea. I'll see what I can do.

I like retroactively giving my enemies weak points that they don't know about by modifying the past from the present, but still maintaining the old progression of time.

So apparently what caused Thor to lose his hammer was Nick Fury stating, "Gorr was right". Which he meant that gods being petty & vindictive (what else is new?) didn't deserve the love of mortals they protect.

Which is half true & at same time half-false. Sure there's gods that act like dicks. However it seems most the deities in Marvel are pretty chill or distant from mortal realms.

Same guy here.
Good point, user.

I want to be spider.

What jumps should I take?

Go to FR and worship Llolth

Nope. Few issues later revealed he MEANT worthiness is not an inherent quality in gods, but Thor himself is worthy by virtue of seeking to be.

Fury's fucking depressed because he's precognitive or some shit, so he couldn't say too much without changing the future or whatever but he couldn't keep his fat mouth shut so he butterfly'd Thor.

>Fury accidentally fucked everything up because of a miscommunication
Damn it, Nick.

Well that's a way better explanation. Kind of dumb, seeing how many mortals lifted Mjolnir in the past? How many gods couldn't?

They gonna retcon the feminine storm elemental in Mjolnir? Or they gonna explain its actually Thor Odinson's soul or part of it? Because he with help of Dr. Strange helped reforge it when it was shattered or something. The point was he placed portion of his soul into the hammer.

Make a jump of pic, become spider goddess. Otherwise take SMT and choose spider for Lord of Vermin

Not really a 'prophecy' per se, but a cat named Merlin told me how my jump would go from start to finish in DC Occult.

It later turned out to be my future self making sure I'd 'pay the toll' for the magical power I had and was gaining, the price being my connection to Earth Prime or the ability to return home.

Whether or not that was a bad deal depends on how you feel about our Earth, really.

>Reading HoI jump
>You can companion the Generalisimo

Jumpers, have you ever companioned a real life person (either a historical figure or someone who is alive today)?

>tfw remembering user counting how many Simo Hayhas you could companion

Wasn't it 3?

Man, who even knows at this point? Thanos is smooching Hela because he thinks she can fulfil his death wish after Death immortalityzoned him.

...to look on the bright side for a second, can I just say after reading all these Thor comics-I've come to really appreciate Thor? He's like Superman without the existential crisis. He knows he's a god, so he just tries to be the best damn god he can. And he's a loveable goofball on his downtime.

No one knows what HoI is, you dumb fuck. Even saying Hearts of Iron won't help you, since it was a poorly-received game that barely anyone remembers.

>Simo Hayhas

I guess Platoon, Hearst of Iron and Victoria II?

I'm thinking about companioning Linkara if only so in case my jumper does anything immoral he can call them out on it and be the party's moral compass.

But then again he's a real person alive today so...I'm unsure how that would be received or if it's a good thing. I'm not a huge fan of real person fic, so companioning him would make me feel hypocritical.