going to make the memest army after playing total war
Allegiance: Chaos
Darkoath Chieftain (80)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
10 x Chaos Chariots (800)
Total: 1000

>memest
Please explain, I haven't bought the game yet.

The new Mausoleum comes with two gardens.. so its actually cheaper than the original for the plastic you get. Good stuff.

the AI for the forces of norsca spams a retarded amount of chaos chariots

He is either trying to force a meme, or has no idea what a meme is, because nothing about his army says 'meme'

I really want to know how Special Weapons work in Age of Sigmar Skirmish. Namely, how many Arkanauts do I need to take in order to bring all 3 special weapons. I think an Arkanaut Company is actually a decent unit in Skirmish because of their varied special weapons, but if I can avoid taking 10 so I have more points left over for Thunderers or Skywardens it would be great, since I think it would be a neat little themed "Away Team"

my buddy told me Elves are coming back in AOS. I thought they all died in the end times and that AOS had no elves. Is he full of shit or do we actually have to suffer the elves again?

You are both full of shit and assuming facts.

The Elves were all killed in the End Times, but so were literally everybody else except Sigmar. They all got brought back, so they exist again.

On the flip side, there are not reliable rumours of an impending Elf release. There are the two Elves from Silver Tower, but that's it.
I wouldn't be surprised if Elves are the next release, but don't expect that soon.

>I have never been to /twg/

From what I can tell its all or nothing. If it says 3 in 10 get weapons you need 10 to get any of them.

>There are no reliable rumours.
Bullcrap, both hastings, atia, and a no-name (who seems to be on the money as he more or less got right the kharadrons... with a week of delay) have said they are the next release. Then skaven.

It's a shame, since I could do without the Skypike if I was going to bring Skywardens anyway, and I am estimating that a Khemist and a 10 man Company already comes to 40 renown (using the "divide points per model by 5, round down to nearest whole" method that seems to have been somewhat accurate), not leaving much for others.

I suppose if I am going to use Thunderers and Skywardens I don't NEED the Arkanaut Companies special weapons, but the light skyhook just looks so good for sniping the enemy hero.

The common warscroll determine the amount of weapon. You Have to take the 10 arkanauts to benefits for any special weapons. Miniwargaming did a video where they enter deeply into the book. Quite nice actually

>Elves are the next release
>they are the next release

spill the beans... whats the details on this as far as we know them?

>*blocks your release*

Needs more marauder horsemen with javelins.

The rumours are split a bit. What is universal is that the will follow a Cthullu or, more accurately, a "deep one" theme. What ISN'T universal is their alleigance proper. Hastings ventured nothing, so did Atia. But the no-namer affirmed they'd be slaanesh worshippers. It COULD be, some have ventured, that it will be a split alleigance, one part alligned with morathi and another alligned with Malekith.

We have some leak for the skirmish? I'm interested especially about Seraphon, can I use my "Not Kroq-Gar" Oldblood on Carnosaurus or I have to use another kind of Oldblood without mount?

Without mount most likely. The biggest/most wound heavy model in the game is the Megaboss.

mwg were saying that battleshock wrecks you in skirmish. They probably wanted to discourage armies with 6-10 models and make at least 10 of the cheapest guys a standard bring for every list. Thus you have to have 1-2 point models to sacrifice.

No resin or metal models have points

>Elves will be chaos
>Nurgle tome incoming
>Another Stormcast Chamber still left
>40k reboot dominating releases
Just squat death already.

>Then skaven.
What the fuck mate? It's not as bad as dozens of Khorne releases back to back, but Skaven are definitely amongst the factions who need attention the least, if at all.

First for Sylvaneth!

That is so last years army. This year we are all about sky pirates and bone deserts.

Aren't most of the skaven sculpts old as dirt?

Fuck off treefucker

Rev up those Starpriests cos it's Seraphons only released plastic hero. Oldblood/Scar-Veteran on foot are technically available in plastic but not as a standalone kit

>he thinks the next release wont be nurgle
>followed by stormcast eternals

>‘Thank you, queen of the forests. Clan Arleath shall repay the debt in whatever fashion is required. We owe our existence to you, mother of hope.’
>‘Mother of hope no more,’ Alarielle replied, her expression turning grim. ‘The avenger, the scourge, the cleansing sun I have become. None failed the Jade Kingdoms more than I, and none has more for which to atone.’
>‘I have returned, but I cannot bring hope,’ she told the treelord ancient. ‘We stand upon the brink of oblivion and have only taken a single step from the edge. My return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known. I am strife-bringer, woe-seeder. Look not to me for hope, Diraceth, for I have none.’
>‘Then why…?’
>‘Because we must fight or surrender. Victory is so far away that even I cannot see it, but it is not victory for which we strive at the moment. This is a war to survive, to push back from the precipice, to claw our lands free of the grip of darkness and corruption.’ Alarielle stepped back, her canopy-wings turning to golden streamers behind her. ‘I guarantee nothing, Leafmaster, but bloodshed, misery and death. I am clothed in the light of the sun, but I cast the shadow of the grave. Without hope, without even hope of hope, will you fight beside me?’

Reposting where it belongs

I just played some Sigmar, I ran Slaves to Darkness against Ironjawz. I got my ass beat soundly in two games. I rolled total shit, but I also think the units are pretty unbalanced. In both games I only managed to kill one unit before being completely tabled.

I had:
1 Sorceror Lord
10 Warriors
1 Gorebeast Chariot
1 Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
20 Daemonettes

He had:
1 Warboss
8 Boys
2x5 Brutes
1 Weirdnob
1 Warchanta
3 Goregruntas

How do I win against this shit? Should I just play my cheese-list Seraphon all the time instead?

You had little synergy and melee focus

He had lot's of synergy, with an even better melee capability.

Stick to one faction for best synergy and combos, and gets some ranged and magic in there.

legacy stuff is non-competitive against anything released since AOS came out.

This isn't entirely true, don't take the bait.

Free peoples, for example, kicks ass in the tournaments. I've beaten plenty of battletome armies with my dispossessed.

This hurts me.

He blocked my sorcerer every time. His weirdnob gets bonuses just by being close to orks, so I couldn't get any spells off. And I'm wary of dropping more money into this faction.

t. Never plays the game

>This isn't entirely true
>This hurts me
>t. Never plays the game

well a shitty no synergy list of new stuff will lose against the most dialed in legacy lists. So its not true "all the time".

But generally speaking, the best lists for the new stuff will beat the best lists of the old stuff every time.

Which is why they released that Tomb Kings nerf after the tournament in February?

Well yeah against skyfires and other waacfag shit like kunnin rukk

Chaos Knights are great, get some of those.
A Hellcannon is excellent ranged support.
Get something to buff your Slaanesh units like a Chaos Lord of Slaanesh/Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount.

I forgot to list the chaos knights, damn. I got 5, came with the Get Started box. They woefully underperformed against the 3 goargruntas, only killed one because my sorcerer got in there and helped. The no rend really hurt since he was able to get mystic shield on them and I couldn't deny his casting.

I'd love a Slaanesh lord on a demon mount. I'll have to order one since they're not stocked at my LFGS.

It will be
>Nurgle double tapping with the 40k Death Guard Release
>Cthulu Aelfs
>Skeletals with the Shadespire release in Autumn.

Right. But the fact that he was running legacy is not the reason why he lost, so don't make it sound like it is. The reason he lost is because he had little synergy.

I was thinking about getting into Age of Sigmar, probably starting with Skirmish. Are the Free Peoples an option with Skirmish?

They probably will be. We'll see though

Painting up beastmen as we speak for AoS Skirmish.

Yes.
The MWG review talks about how they have points for demigryph knights etc

Thinking of getting Tamurkhan and starting a mortal army, I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma though, if I want to include any of his ogres or trolls it'll no longer be a mortal army so I can't just fill the rest of it with blight knights, I have no real idea what sort of direction to go in.
I'm definitely getting the big guy, I know he's probably not as good as say Glotkin but the model is too nice not to use.

I might be missing something since I'm new to the game, but is there any sort of actual world building and explination of the mortal realms?

As far as I've found it just "fire land, sky land, death land" and so on. There's gotta be more then that about the realms, for instance, is there living people in "death land"? The vampires gotta rule over someone and feed on someone for instance.

Is every realm a planet or a whole reality, in which case, is it really just the same with flavors of "fire theme" for instance?

Did every realm bar one get totally purged during the Age of Chaos or are the realms still around with a long history of their own? If there was only one "standing" realm then what the point of blowing up the old setting if you are going to limit it that much anyway.

I'm trying my hardest to like the AoS fluff it seems papir thin and hollow compared to the old fluff so far. Sure the scale might have gotten bigger but the universe itself seems waaaay smaller when examined closely.

>I might be missing something since I'm new to the game, but is there any sort of actual world building and explination of the mortal realms?

Explaining End Times is kind of hard, but the quick version is that a giant Maelstorm of magic wrecked the shit out of everything and tore anyone and everyone into the "realms" as we know it that are represented by the winds of magic.

Yes, mortal people live in all of them - some more mortal than others.

>There's gotta be more then that about the realms, for instance, is there living people in "death land"?
Yes Nagash has plenty of mortal followers chilling around Shyish - some he actually gives a shit about. Nagash's status is kind of weird - strong enough to have lived through the End Times but he got fucked up bad enough that he can't do certain things.

>Is every realm a planet or a whole reality, in which case, is it really just the same with flavors of "fire theme" for instance?
Every realm is reflected by a particular wind of magic: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar#The_Realms

>Did every realm bar one get totally purged during the Age of Chaos or are the realms still around with a long history of their own?
No, people survived the Age of Chaos, even humans. Most of the remnants are more or less desperate nomads though who just keep moving and hiding to avoid getting shit on by the average roving Chaos warband / Beastmen herd / Skaven / bored Ork

>the universe itself seems waaaay smaller when examined closely
Thing is that no one really knows the extent of the realms because so much knowledge was lost during the Age of Chaos. There are very few people who lived through the entirety of the Age of Chaos who weren't (effectively) Gods. Even then there's no telling how many little pocket realms could be there beyond the "normal" Realmgates.

I assume you're referring to these

I speculate they got the nerf because they aren't a line of products that GW sells anymore and GW don't want to be supporting winning armies that they cant make money off of.

>little pocket realms

Could you elaborate?

>Could you elaborate?

I'd have to skim back through my books to find mentions of this, but I recall it being made clear a bunch of times in narrative play sections that you can make your own realms for narrative play and they would / could technically exist. I mean it's the same thing as saying X planet exists somewhere in 40k and that's what your campaign is fighting over.

Purely from a canon perspective, I want to say this actually IS mentioned a few times what with again how few people know everything that happened during the Age of Chaos. I mean FFS, even people like Sigmar and Nagash get tricked or get their shit kicked in during that time, so you have to figure no one is omniscient and knows where everything is...

Or more importantly: where every Realmgate leads.

You'd assume someone like Tzeentch would know, but even then you're talking about something that's less individual sentience and more of an elemental force of nature that's plotting everything, including its own demise. So that leaves "normal" folk, and besides the Skaven (who have access to what amounts to a webway of sorts that connects them to many places without using the Gates), not a lot of people have the power to go zipping through realms at a whim to map them out.

Next time put /aosg/ in the title so we can find this thread in the catalog

>Are the Free Peoples an option with Skirmish?
The very first Skirmish army we ever seen was a Free Peoples one, so, yes.

They played them on Warhammer Live Wednesday

That Implies both Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness are good and they aren't.

In one of the Mega's is a shortread called Pantheon. Its a little tale about a wizard who travels to the edge of the realm to discover its secrets. Give it a shot.

Hyper Competitive list that use legacy units like Change Host and Beastclaw Rukk are proving the introduction of battalions to be a mistake. They could have just introduced all the warscrolls and nerfed the overpowered outlier units like Bloodletters, Sayl, Thundertusk, Warpfire Stormfiends etc as they emerged. Instead now its always going to be about who has the newest rule sets to work with, and since mega battalions are so all encompassing it kills most of your customization.

>What is universal is that the will follow a Cthullu or, more accurately, a "deep one" theme
>universal
A few vocal retards don't make the majority lad, who the fuck would even like such a turd of faction?
It will be obviously the return of slaneesh or whatever gay god they come up with. They will be good elves to fill the ranks of order already half assed and the ebin ebil ones111!!1 of kaoz retards for edegelords and the inevitable waacfags explioting the broken new factions and geedubs bias towards knive ears. Mark my words.

Could anyone do me a favor and post the hinterlands pdf?

Hmm I agree with the Necro Knights. SSC should only go up if repeater bolt throwers do as well. VLoAT is crazy, he's only worth 300 compared to already overcosted dudes like Arkhan. Necrosphinx might be somewhat justifiable to increase if FL on Stonehorn with brew wasn't better in every single way for 20 points more than that. I don't see why Kemmler needs to go up either. I'd rather have a normal necromancer even as he is, and Mannfred is still 160 for a double caster with a much better melee profile.

>Hyper Competitive

Yeah, you see these are the kinds of people I stay away from, lol.

But then, if you wanted a tactical, competitive type game, why would anyone have been playing AOS from release?

Because the Kharadron overlords, BoK and newer stormies are so broken.

I had a different reply but seeing you acting like a goddam iliterate retard, I'm not bothering.

UNIVERSAL AMONGST THE RUMOURS YOU FAILED ABORTION OF A MONGOLOID.

Yeah that's what I'm saying they had this sort of concept you could just grab some dudes you liked and thrown them together and everything would be reasonably decent because of the stripped down rules with easy to do global values. Now they're slipping into this 40k formation thing where you have dudes doubling their effectiveness with bullshit rules.

Forgive the stupid question.

Do characters like Grimgor get to pick a command trait?

I don't have the GHB here and posting from phone, otherwise would have checked the op.

I wish this meme would die already.

No unique named characters are considered to have their own equivalent traits and items already equipped.

>Sayl

Good luck getting FW to revise their rules. They are the "Primium Shop P2W" version of GW games.

No one is updating the 1d4chan tactics pages for AoS anymore. It's missing the new Khorne and Overlords. Sucks, always think they're nice reads.

I mean there are way more fluffy / shitty battalions than there are crazy OP ones like Aetherstrike that lets half your army get basically a free shooting phase.

I mean FFS, the one where you take 3 Retributors and a Relictor, and roll 2d6. Add 2 for every Retributor within an inch of a terrain piece. If you roll 20 or better, you destroy the terrain. Lol hardly useful. Or the one where you take 1 of each Paladin unit and IF each Paladin unit does wounds to the same unit in the same turn, it procs some extra mortal wounds. Wooooooo~ And then there's the shit like Drakesworn Temple, and I dunno who the fuck is buying 3 Drakes but I hope you get the money out of those models lol.

IMO, I think you'll either see these pocket cases nerfed or some balance somehow. Since it's (mostly) digital, they're able to do balance passes quick.

Worst case scenario, it really only affects Match Play / Tourneys badly and the rest of the game is still the same.

Sayl would be more reasonable if he were consistent with other dudes and his spell effected his keyword so slaves to darkness only. That was probably just laziness. The only other whack thing I've seen from FW stuff are Skin Wolves because they're pointed ridiculously at 120.

Here are my test minis. Should I do albino or normal?

What did you do today, /AoSg/? I liquid green stuffed my stegadonald, going to paint it soon.

Both, just mix them, but maybe less albino than normal.

I've completely avoided doing anything and totally wasted my evening, occasionally staring at the model I was going to paint. It's why it takes me weeks to actually paint a single model

Where did this guy go?
I demand progress photos.

derp didn't attach.
Where are you lizardbro? Is this painted yet?

Cool what color(s) are you going to paint it?
I'm doing the beastmen above.

Its weird to me that the same guys are writing the fluff tier battalions and Khorne ones where its like free attacks for everybody. Like I don't see how its possible to do a lot of work developing Aetherstrike for the book and not realizing how its out of line with shit like Vanguard Justicar Conclave you just wrote in the same section that's only letting the exact same units reroll 1s.

Probably green, since I already have some greens when left over when painting my bastiladon.
Mix albino and brown, and maybe some lighter/darker browns too to make it look like an unruly herd, might look good.
My dad uses beastmen, they're cool.

Kharadron are there, but its messy and only listed under the general tactics page

Yeah Aetherstrike is kind of dumb - I haven't seen it on the table but I have seen writeups and the amount of abuse it allows is kind of dumb. But then so was the Stormcast Banner (Vexilor) that let you deep strike 3 inches from stuff, and that got nerfed to 9, which is more than reasonable.

Even Hammerstrike Force is 6 inches now, and IMO is one of the better Stormcast staples that keeps with the fluff (deep striking shit from Azyr) and isn't insane (you still have to roll a 6+ to make your charge when your Paladins come in). Of course you probably still want the Vexilor for charge re-rolls so your 400-500 points of Paladins don't stand there looking stupid and eat charges to the face after failing lol...

>posting assault marines in an AoS thread
Nigga you serious?

how are the new skirmish rules? like mordheim? any rules for sylvaneth warband?

You got a problem with all this CELESTIAL MIGHT?!

>MFW you could get 13 Bloodreavers for what it costs for 3 Prosecutors ;_;

>celestial faggotry

The Hammerstrike is within 6" of the Prosecutors not the enemy. So I suppose if the Prosecutors were 3" away you could set the Paladins up in b2b if you wanted.

>bolt throwers
these are not worth taking for the 120 points they currently cost

nice executioners

Yes, all their special units(jezzails, acolytes, gutter runners, censer bearers, etc) are like 10+ years old.

And the ogres look like shit and none of the cool weapon teams are sold seperatly. Their range is amazing, just very uneven.

You do it then, lazyfuck

>reading the 1d4chan tactics at all

It's just a brief summery of what the unit does on the free warscroll anyone can read anyway, no tactics to be found

1d4chan is shite

So what is a good resource for current AOS Tactics then?

Finished painting some Warriors of Chaos. Are my paints thin enough?

>AoS
>tactics

Truly this is the pinnacle of keks. If AoS has strategy then kids smashing their action figures together has strategy. As long as they roll some dice occasionally.

What a fucking joke.

So skirmish is basically just small scale AoS right? I was thinking about getting a small ironjawz warband for it if so, how do they play now?

It's weird but Verminus and Masterclan have the best models, all plastic and good looking.

Pestilens is probably third best, priests are easy to convert, Monks look nice, Censer bearers are terrible anyway so no one cares about them

Eshin has nice heroes, old Gutter runners still look great, but shit-ugly baseline night-runners from Mordheim.

Moulder has issues with the fact you just get i think 8(?) Giant rats and 2 Packmasters in the Ogre kit. Rat swarms suck balls anyway. Stormfiends are great

Skryre has the biggest problem really, in that the most desirable units have bad models and are all sold separately. Acolytes and Jezzails look crap, and you can't even buy a wind mortar on it's own.

So why are you in the general then besides to troll?