Uno thread general

Discuss all things Uno related!

What are your favorite house rules?
What are the best strategies to use in order to win?
Is it ever okay to use your "full power" against younger players? Or even your own kids?
Can adults have fun with Uno as much as kids?

I'll start with an Uno related story:
>Be le me using a le Reddit begining for greentext
>I am forced to attend children's birthday party
>Join kids in a game of Uno
>Fucking around, only half paying attention
>8 year old kid is down to one card and screams "UNO" as if it's the only thing he'll ever accomplish for the rest of his life.
>I throw a Wild Draw 4 on him
>He looks 20-something me square in the eye and says "FUCK YOU!"
>I LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bMO9U00pZ3k
youtube.com/watch?v=eN-bvbdUc8E
boardgamegeek.com/file/download/4kitsn71mx/Unocitta.pdf
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cumulative Draw 2 and Draw 4, as in, you throw a Draw 2 at someone, and if they have a Draw 2, they can throw it down and the next in line either has to lay a Draw 2 or else draw 4. This keeps adding up until someone can't throw a Draw 2.

There is no real strategy. It's pretty random. And I don't really have house rules. This shit is gonna be deader than chess threads. We need a "games nobody else but the biggest fucking spergs care about" thread. Because a lot of games get drowned out in 40k, ttrpg, and magic threads.

My family has a house rule where if you have the exact matching card you can lay that card down out of turn. The play goes on as if you had skipped everyone else's turn. This speeds up play because if you aren't laying cards fast there's a good chance you'll get skipped.

We have multiplicative draw. ie draw 2, then 4, then 8, then 16. Draw 4's stack this way as well sp 4, then 16, ie
I once had to draw 64

Is this a house rule? I've never played without it, so I assumed it was official.

youtube.com/watch?v=bMO9U00pZ3k

What the fuck did I just watch?

I feel like it was meant to be an intro to some other game or anime, it didn't get used, so the Uno game people picked it up on the cheap and stuck an Uno card in at the end.

draw card stacking and 7-0 (0 passes all hands to the person who goes after them, 7 forces a hand trade).
it's the best way to get people salty and arguing.
youtube.com/watch?v=eN-bvbdUc8E

This works great as a drinking game too

It is from a Japan only Uno Game intro.

Who else here Unocitta?

WTF is that?

On the topic of games that break families apart, anyone else a fan of hearts? Shot the Moon last time I played, causing no shortage of butthurt among my family.

>53347407
We started using this rule, though it didn't have much of an effect. Getting rid of the no play penalty of drawing until you had a play and replacing it with just drawing 1 sped up gameplay substantially.

boardgamegeek.com/file/download/4kitsn71mx/Unocitta.pdf

>Hearts

Does your family use the "If you get exactly 100 points you go back to zero" rule? Mine does and I caused a rectal ragnarok using it. I was in last place with 74 points. I passed a runner hand to my dad and helped him shoot the moon. He gets it and my mom and sister are pissed off that in their minds "was giving away the game." I just said to my dad who keeping score to tally the scores. My dad started laughing when he did so. When my mom ask why my dad was laugh he said with the 26 I got from the run I was at exactly 100 and therefore went back to zero. A whole new wave anger erupted because I was going to win because I played to lose for a hand. Now my mom and sister are adamantly against the 100 to 0 rule, which is funny as hell.

>tfw mattel will keep printing this stupidly OP piece of shit in each expansion because it appeals to tryhards

You can put more than one card down on your turn if they have matching numbers.

Also cumulative draw 2 and 4

I really want to try out a new house rule I thought up but I don't have any friends, so

I call it Diez.
Get ten decks of cards, everyone starts out with 70 cards, each number displayed is x10 (So pick up 2 = pick up 20). Skip cards skip two people, and if two are played in a row, it sips everyone.

I want to add more rules to it because I really want this to take all day.

>tfw can't find a simple basic non-cancerous mobile uno game