How do I make this into a BBEG?

Here's your "ugh".

Make it a lich's phylactery
It becomes a golem when threatened

Put googly eyes on top of it.

Also, Ugh.

>BBEG

No, thank you.

Make it permanently on fire (yet doesn't burn itself) and shoot lightning in random direction every d6 rounds.

>No, thank you

Ugh.

>Gazebo golem
Some jackass player says "I attack the gazebo"
it animates and kills the entire party

>Immunity to arrows
>Immunity to melee weapons
>Immunity to parlay or any kind of charm/enchantment
>Immobile, unmovable.
>Infinite HP

It's already a BBEG, user. A very tough one.

It's haunted by a charming and knowledgeable spirit. Placed in the palace park, it advises leaders and kings, and ultimately the players, with great wisdom. Many great men rise to fame started with a calm talk with the gentle spirit. But while doing it, it actually manipulates everyone to destruction, so that everyone will follow him into the tomb.

Nobody can help you fight it. You must defeat it by yourself.

It's not an enemy in its own respect. It's a place of cursed visions. Resting in it for too long causes you to connect with that vision. It might not be anything obvious at first. Dreams of terrible events or actions here, fears of something watching over your shoulders there... You think you can hear voices, or swear you've seen shadows. The only time you feel safe is in the confines of the gazebo. But you can't stay there. Staying there means you shirk responsibilities. So you try to endure it, to tell yourself it's just needless worrying. But things get worse. Rather than just faint images, you see terrible, horrible things. You're talking to your friend at lunch and his eye pops right out into his soup. He doesn't even notice, even spooning it up and eating it! Your children suddenly run through the house, carrying something that looked far too close to human skin in their hands. The crack in the ceiling above your bed... The one you fixed a month ago... It's back, and fucking bleeding. You start hearing things that are beyond insane come out of peoples mouths. Declarations of murder, statements of baleful hate and shame, admissions of betrayals so heart wrenching they bring tears to your eyes just to recall them. Reality warps so badly everywhere but the gazebo...

So you give up. You stay in the gazebo. And when they finally track you down, to take you back, you fight. You fight tooth and nail, kicking and screaming, damning anyone who gets near and harping on about the insanity that only you perceive. So they force you... And you pull the knife out, stabbing one of them to death. The police eventually restrain you and take you in, but the damage is done. You'll never be free of the terrors, and the blood of your victim does nothing but soak into the wood of the gazebo, feeding it another poor life, while placing its mark on those who came to take you away... Only a matter of time for them now...

I imagine you could have the cursed person buy the property on which it stands so they can lurk in it.

I imagine that might be counter productive to an extent. The point of the gazebo should be that, while a safe haven, it is out of the way enough that it's hard to stay near for too long. This makes the visions and illusions all the more terrible the longer it goes on. It may even have unknown means of selecting prey to give itself the highest output possible without jeopardizing itself.

The gazebo doesn't want you to stay. It wants you to go about your life long enough to let the madness sink in. Either you kill any who try to take you back, or you kill yourself in the confines of your only safe place. Either way, the gazebo gets its meal, and no one is the wiser to its sinister scheme.

But we're making a villain, not just a trap. Let's say some victim starts running their affairs from the garden, waiting in the gazebo with armed guards pacing the grounds, perhaps even forcing any meeting to be held in the gazebo. His associates might also start seeing the visions to a lesser extent, and everyone in his social orbit might get pulled into some horrible, vague conspiracy in pursuit of horrible unknown threats.

I suppose. I had something more in mind with a CoC feel to it than anything else when I thought of it, but for classic fantasy or similar, it isn't very threatening without some external force on its victims in that sort of a way.

True Tales of Tabletop Misadventure is proud to present -
Eric and Ed in tonight's chilling episode:
The Case of the Sinister Gazebo!

RIC: A gazebo? What color is it?
ED: (Pause) It's white, Eric.
RIC: How far away is it?
ED: About 50 yards.
RIC: How big is it?
ED: (Pause) It's about 30ft across, 15ft high, with a pointed top.
RIC: I use my sword to Detect Good on it.
ED: It's not "good," Eric. It's a gazebo.
RIC: (Pause) I call out to it.
ED: It won't answer. It's a gazebo.
RIC: (Pause) I sheathe my sword and draw my bow and arrows.
Does it respond in any way?
ED: Nnno, Eric. It's a ... gazebo.
RIC: I shoot it with my bow (rolls to hit). What happened?
ED: (Slowly) There is now a gazebo with an arrow sticking out of it.
RIC: (Pause) Wasn't it wounded?
ED: OF COURSE NOT, ERIC! IT'S A GAZEBO!
RIC: (Whimper) But that was a +3 arrow!
ED: It's a gazebo, Eric, A GAZEBO! If you really want to try to
destroy it, you could try to chop it with an axe, I suppose, or you
could try to burn it, but I don't know why anybody would even try.
IT'S. A. FUCKING. GA. ZE. BO!
RIC: (Long pause. He has no axe or fire spells.) I run away.
ED: (Thoroughly frustrated) It's too late. You've awakened the gazebo.
It catches you and eats you.

Next Episode: The chilling "Head of Vecna" affair ...

Foreign spies awakened it to be an invisible spy master. Started working for itself after its creators tried to erase their work.

It's a mimic.

Plot twist: it's a gazebo made to resemble a mimic.

>How do I make this into a BBEG?

In MTG there was that mad oldwalker who pretended to be buildings like that in order to lure and eat people. Something along rhose lines.

So, they were scared of it because they didn't know what is it.
It's a building from Eldritch Horror Dimension manifesting in real world, doing weird shit with its presence, then moving to other place with tides of Dreamscape

>Gazebo
Ugh.

I came to this thread to post this.

>But we're making a villain, not just a trap.

Oh, if only OP wasn't a faggot and used clear language instead of making this thread just to get his "Ughs".

All he wants to do is be a gazebo. He wants people to, like, have picnics in and around him. His life dream is for someone to have a wedding on him.

But these adventurers keep attacking him. He doesn't know why, but every few months a new adventurer party rolls into town and tries to burn him down. Even the ones who aren't generally too murderhobo. It's like some kind of weird adventurer in-joke that you always destroy gazebos, apparently? He's basically impervious to the attacks of any adventurer still scrub enough to be bumming around the small town whose park he lives in, but newly leveled wizards testing out their shiny new fireballs on him means that the park spends a lot of time scorched and people are afraid that the gazebo is a magnet for trouble. The murderhobo parties don't bother evacuating civilians for their "epic battles" with the unmoving gazebo, so people are saying it's bad luck to visit the park. As the park gets a reputation, more and more adventurers - including the well-intentioned ones - start attacking him, and people in town start to wonder, what with how dangerous the park is and how adventurers keep trying to destroy the gazebo, maybe it *is* some kind of unholy artifact.

He just wants to be a fucking gazebo, and these goddamn adventurers won't let him have it. The party rolls up to attack, and he snaps. He animates, reveals himself as a gazebo golem, rampages through the town, and leaves. He gathers dark forces around himself and prepares to lay waste to every society that has ever produced a fucking adventurer, and when it's all been reduced to ash, he's going to settle into what's left of the nearest park, pick like a drow princess and an ogre or some fucking thing and they are going to have a fucking wedding in him and he is going to be a fucking gazebo.

Why "Ugh"?

To show mild disapproval at the choice of using "Big Bad Evil Guy" rather than just saying "villain" or something similar.

Faggot.

Glorious.

>To show mild disapproval
That's not how you spell "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Because replying to the slightest mention of "BBEG" with "Ugh" or some variant thereof is the dank new maymay on Veeky Forums