Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Remembering who the real heroes are edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/20/new-warhammer-40000-stronghold-assault-may20gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Fallen Power Armour.

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mjZcYAN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So I have a friend whose really into fluffy, narrative battles like myself, so I figured I'd start trying to build a campaign for 8th Edition. Obviously we don't know the rules yet so it will require some work before we can use it this summer, but I think we know enough for me to start work on the structure. Here are the specifics:

The Campaign is 15 missions long, consisting of three standalone mini-chapters. It is designed for imperium (Space Marines & Guard) vs either Chaos or some Xenos faction. Each player gets 1 lord of war that, if destroyed, cannot be used again in the campaign (If the xenos faction has only one player he of course gets 2 lords of war). It is also the only unit that a player can choose to retreat off-table, and doing so awards kill points when applicable.

Each Mini-campaign has an introductory mission, one that is small in model count for one reason or another, followed by a medium-to-large sized battle. Then three small-medium battles, then a climax. The second and fifth battles are noticably effected by those that came before it, as one can see by tracing the lines on the charts I attached.

Story is simple: The imperium is invading a planet with three proto-hive cities currently occupied by heretics and/or xenos. Taking 2/3 of the cities is a victory for that faction, but that victory can be mitigated somewhat in the third chapter if someone wins the first two cities.

What do you think? Are the bonuses too harsh? Can you think of better ones? Still trying to hammer out the scenario battles in my head so any adjustments before I invest time in them would be appreciated.

Thanks for new thread, user.
You are appreciated.

I'm other news, what are you all excited for in 8ed? Any particular rule/faction change you'd be most excited to see?

3rd for whatever faction you enjoy playing!

>The Campaign is 15 missions long

That sounds a little too ambitious. How about 5? Or even 3?

Land Raiders being awesome, strategems to build your army, chapter tactic equivalents for everyone (which might just be stratagems), assault being great again and that everything's getting an update.

Also that we might get new bundles with the release of 8th, might see a comeback of the troop+transport boxes.

2+ rubic saves!
No longer shall I fear the mighty lasgun, or fear it half as much at least

I would add that the LoW wounds carry over between missions. Maybe recover a handful or something, but make it so that a big fight between 2 LoW that ends in 1 dying doesn't give a big advantage when the other is pristine and untouchable in the future.

I'd like to be able to play Tau without immediately being considered the scum of the earth and having to willfully avoid certain options because the person who wrote them didn't understand how balance worked. So yeah, a moderate nerf would be nice.

I'm probably most hyped by the whole thing. I'm a sucker for customization, and love the idea of being able to pick a sub-faction for some minor mechanic effect. It'll do a lot to add a bit of flavor and uniqueness to everyone's armies. By extension, I'm interested to see how the faction-specific Stratagems turn out.

I just had a game of "Valkyrie down!"
Orks shot down a Valk carrying "unstable psykers"

Basically we had to carry around screaming bitches that shrieked to death the unit carrying it.
That player that could carry the most psykers to the one use only "null thingy" won.

We need to check the silly rules. Our poor dudes die way too fast

The Inquisitor got shriek to death

Unlimited Combi-weapons

Seems like an interesting idea

be more grimdark if you executed them instead

I am really looking forward to the faster games and smoother fresh rules. My greenwing is going to come out again. I hope it will be fun.

I think the power level system is really cool, but I am almost certain nobody is going to use it, which is a shame. The points system in Age of Sigmar is actually really nice I think, and the power level system is close to that. But I am almost certain people will opt for the more granular system without even trying the other one...

I am not pleased to hear that one of the army projects I was working on will no longer be playable. If it was just bad an non-viable that would be one thing, but to not even be a legal force anymore is rough. At least I am only out about a hundred bucks on it.

What's the most annoying model you've ever built?
Hardmode: no vehicles
Extra hardmode: no finecast
European extreme mode: no HQs or independent characters

Does anyone else unironically run Nobz? Let me tell you, I'm hyped at the prospect of them being better.

Inquisitors was an assholes, and he die as an asshole.

MarkVIII Errant was supposed to be the newest Astartes armor but it was mostly used on veterans and HQs because of its scarcity. Now that GW has given the MarkVIII to the Deathwatch and released the new MarkX Tacticus for Primaris what do you think will happen to MarkVIII? Do you think it will be common to start armoring the humble tactical marines with or will GW just start "upgrading" them with the Primaris surgery?

Sounds really cool, but I think 15 missions are a bit much. My buddies and I did a sort of evolving campaign over the weekend - we settled on three rounds in the campaign. It keeps it shorter, makes each battle more exciting, and just easier to be excited about.

But apart from that user, it may be the bourbon talking, but I'm glad to see people pursuing story-driven gaming on the tabletop. Cheers.

/40kg/ Discord channel link: discord.gg/mjZcYAN

Everyone's welcome to join. There are various channels set up like WIPs, fluff talk, and even a Tabletop Simulator(voice and text) channel so you can set up matches with other anons.

Penitent Engine since Walkers are not Vehicles.

What were you working on that will no longer be viable, comrade user?

The Anglican Third and the Guard of the Raynus V system were once again forced into the breach against the forces of the Heretic and the Xenos. The vile Tyranids of Hive Fleet Pebejayus and the Warband of Isaius the Murderer were on the warpath and forced to confront the shared enemy of the Imperial Guard as they tried to kill and devour those in their way to their own nefarious ends. Maelstrom of war and started at 10,000 pts and then moved to 5,000 later. So would you anons be interested in a batrep? And anyone else play games today?

barring HQs and independent characters - do you have only thumbs? no gw model is challenging to build now that we are beyond the age of 10 million metal pieces being superglued together

sooooo...

what if somebody hooked a cogitator matrix to cortex of a Tyranid creature and found out they had a categorization index for prey that translated roughly into, "Crunchyness?"

That's why it's called european extreme mode user, you gotta work hard to get that Foxhound rank

I already played one yesterday so... go on.

Trygon. Lots of parts. Managed to slice myself on some of the back panels, and even handling it was a pain since it felt like ever square inch had a spike on it.

Nothing is completely painted

?
So a landraider is very crunchy while a grot is least crunchy?

marines were "jawbreakers"
Tau and Eldar were "jolly ranchers"
Imperial Guardsmen were "popcorn"

landraiders are translated roughly as "Do not eat!"

a list consisting of 36 tau drones and 4 tau tanks (no infantry, no suits, 1000 pts)

I had acquired all the drones and was working on cleaning them up, rebasing them, and adding some bits (they were an ebay purchase so they needed some extra love)

It would also have protocols so it would know when it was okay to consume a smaller tyranid for sustenance.

>Tyranids categorize enemies by the taste and texture
>They translate into a bunch of separate cooking terms
>yfw Tyranids keep a compiled database of what best pairs with each type of edible organism.

Land raiders are like artichokes. It's a lot of work to eat one, you don't get much out of it, and you're left wondering why you tried this in the first place.

Do it up, user. I thoroughly enjoyed the last batrep. Also,
>Hive Fleet Pebejayus
Kek

Skitarii vanguard no question. Each of the legs in the box only fits one torso and it's not clear in the instructions. Some of the legs will fit other guys "well enough" but you'll run into a problem if you just wing it.

Put together a lot of models with more parts but none as confusing/annoying as the vanguards.

I'm so disappointed there is no "How to Serve Man" joke somewhere in 40k

Guardsman surprised to find he goes best with salsa.

hey guys its garfeld marine guy here, made some progress on the chapter, heres a garield tactical marine upside down.

at the center of the artichoke is a tender and flavorful part though

So if Land Raiders have an artificial brain for a computer, whats stopping a Mechanicus inclined chapter to put the brain of a very wounded/dead marine in a Land Raider? They put serf brains on missiles, so why not?.

eldar go good with peanut butter,

also heres a more detailed version of the chapter logo i made using ms paint.

god damn it brian, quit jerkin' around!

I love batreps, user. Do it up, and keep it up.

surely your contribution will stand as a testament to the ages, now if you don't mind...

So I had an idea for an unorthodox/reformist cult (so double heretics, basically): Their founder was a reasonably powerful witch who received (somewhat nebulous) visions of the ancient past;
>warp was a nice place until the War in Heaven ruined everything everywhere forever
>warp is a realm made of pure emotion, so the disaster twisted and corrupted the gods and their servants
>imperium is an oppressive, festering, bloated carcass of a bureaucracy ruled in the half-forgotten memory of a long-dead genocidal maniac
Seeing the visions as a divine mission, she started accumulating followers, preaching her apostasy, and subverting or dominating other chaotic cults on her planet in order to try to set right what once went wrong.

Presently, the cult is ruled by a small inner circle of elite psykers; they use their powers only for divination, and, fearing the true nature of the warp (and their otherwise inevitable consumption by it), they developed a sorcery by which they force their entire essence into a crystal, in a crude facsimile of an Eldar waystone, and then use their psyker powers to reanimate their old bodies as external hardware (kept fresh over time by sorcery and preservatives) in pseudo-immortality-- most who attempt this either die spectacularly or don't have the strength to reclaim their bodies after soul jarring themselves, remaining trapped in stone forever; only those who successfully complete the ritual may join the Ascended Prophets.

Khorne (blood, honor, and courage) is the primary subject of veneration, but they also pay homage to Tzeentch (change, hope, and ambition); Nurgle's followers are seen as pitiable, but usually beyond salvation (due to space AIDS), and Slaanesh is regarded as an entirely false god, having been spawned by aliens, whose followers should be PHYSICALLY REMOVED as the degenerates and mutants they are. (1/2)

(2/2)
The cult as a whole has a massive justice boner; blood is to be spilt in defense of the meek and the innocent, and to punish the wicked, as taking the blood of the unworthy is to dishonor Khorne. When they finally took over the planet, the revolution was fairly bloodless, but the scourgings and executions were very much the opposite. Rather than install themselves as rulers, they became stewards of the people's government (asking only that they supply them with arms, volunteers, and a tithe of blood for ritual and medical purposes (while keeping up appearances with the Imperium to avoid immediate reprisal)) before moving on to the next world.

>while utterly defunct as an institution, the imperium is full of fundamentally good people; they attempt to sway the commons to their cause as roving crusader/mercenaries while avoiding the imperial military inasfar as possible
>Eldar can be trusted precisely as far as they can be thrown
>Orks and Tau share many of the same interests, and the cult is enthusiastic to work with and prostelyze towards them; orks on the march are redirected or bribed before they're fought as they'd prefer to fight on the same side
>remove deldar REMOVE DELDAR you are the WORST XENOS shit SCUM
>the forces of Chaos range from corrupt to blasphemous, ESPECIALLY other 'Khornates' who seek only mindless slaughter; daemons are warp monsters
>by purging the corrupt and either destroying or reconciling the xeno, they hope to create a region of peace and martial virtue that can begin to calm the Warp and restore the minds of the gods
>servo skulls are holy machines, which the cult will make pains to capture and reprogram

This isn't too fluff-rapey (Khorne-affiliated psykers and all), is it? Also, CSM/Cultists or Lost and Damned (tending towards the latter, maybe with Ork allies for dem trukks)? Khorne appealed the most to me, but I wanted to try something with a bit more depth than BERSERKERS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a good idea. Given that the Lords of war will likely have 20-30 wounds apiece, I figure letting them regenerate D6 wounds before each large battle (battles 2&5 each chapter) would be fair. Should also make a point of making that health post-regeneration the maximum wounds for that battle, else the imperium will likely just spam techpriests one battle to bring it back to full health.
You have a point. Fortunately, the chapters are designed as standalone mini-campaigns. I figure we can get any one done in a couple of weekends.

You made me laugh OP. Thank you for that.

Warmaster, what does the scouter say about his game's points level?
>ITS TOO DAMN HIIIIIGH!

Also, your poor shadowsword! The titan's clear across the board and the only nearby targets are termagaunts!

I'd say it's more 'popcorn shrimp'.
Unless that occasional Guard pulling off a neat trick with special weaponry is the equivalent of getting a kernel stuck in your teeth.

I'm excited but since I play Templars and Sisters and get no real love there (beyond plastic Celestine nearly a decade after her initial release) I started me some cogheads. They look like they might be fun in the new edition.

Plus Forge World Metalica has a great color scheme.

So I'm going to start CSM for 8th and I'm trying to decide if I should play a traitor legion or my own snowflake warband. Right now I'm strongly considering either Iron Warriors or Word Bearers as far as legions go or a warband based out of a fallen Hive World that enjoys Dark Mechanicum support (kind of a traitorous Iron Hands feel).

You're literally non-chaos, chaos
You're also humans who embrace xenos
And you worship Khorne who is literally slaughter incarnate and despise daemons but worship tzeentch who is all about making more daemons from his daemons

Almost none of this is kosher and I'd just nod and make non-committal noises if you started reciting this to me during a game

Move shoot move is a fucking stupid mechanic no matter how it's done. It needs to be taken out of the game.

I'll type it soon anons got to resize some images. And at least my Grey Guard were completely painted and based (just not well) and finished my last model right before the game started.

Guys....I'm new to 40k and thought about buying Daemonnettes and CSM. I was thinking of playing Flawless Hosts.

The shopkeeper at a GWS store laughed at told me i'm making a bad decision to play for Slaanesh. He won't tell me why but he insisted for me to either go Chaos Undivided or at least change to Plaguebearers/Death Guard.

What's going to happen to Slaanesh?

>tfw this happened to me with rangers because i wasn't paying attention
fixed it by taking clippers to the last guy's ass, though, and I'm pretty happy with how dynamic the pose turned out

Penitent Engine would be my number one (since it never stays together) followed by the metal Chaos Dreadnought.

Outside of those though I'd have to bitch about Necron Warriors and their fiddly skinny ass arms and ball sockets.

Thank the Emperor's hemroids that the modeling team moved away from ball socket construction for joints.

Sounds like the shopkeepers a dick. Play Slaneesh if you want to, sounds like a WAAC fag.

What's stupid is not being able to run and charge or some variant rule of "I'M COMING FOR YOU, BITCH." so that they can close the distance and then make the actual charge.

Bad bate, you should have stopped after the 3rd sentence. Let the rubes fill in the blanks

2/10 just awful

MkX is just MkVIII taken to it,s logical, and somehow larger conclusion.

That said I can definitely see the Inquisition getting their hands on it first for theDeathwatch (since most regular chapters couldn't get complete suits, just parts) but since the timeline is no longer frozen it could have been the way forward but Embiggened Marines seems way forward now.

Dunno Iron Warriors already have the mechanical aspect down.

You probably shouldn,t be allowed to build, handle or look at Dark Eldar models lest you hurt yourself user.

>fixed it by taking clippers to the last guy's ass
what seth mcfarlane has his assistants do before every awards show

I didn't buy anything and told him that i'll come back once i do a little thinking.

It's true. From my first impression of him, he looks like an elitist and keeps talking shit about Chaos.

>female space marines and kingdom death models.
was he furiously masturbating his dick the whole game?

>new to 40k
>What's going to happen

nice try, but if you were really new you'd have asked "what's wrong"

I thought it translated to "gooey filling".

Sort of? They are siege experts but they're not particularly complicit with the Dark Mechanicum, not at all the way Iron Hands are dependent on the Mechanicus. They have obliterators and the like but they actually aren't particularly technologically devout outside their siege expertise.

"marshmellowy goodness"

Now the second move is basically only assaulting things.

Unless Battle Focus lets the space ponces run during the shooting phase.

Well he hinted something's gonna happen in the new editions...

Ghostkeel
Fuck me those legs were the most cancer thing to attach to a base, and to attach the body to as well. Magnetising it ended up being easier than actually assembling it properly

Not a single Space Marine or Kingdom of Death model in there.

Are you high?

Slaanesh isn't away. Noise Marines are currently a Finecast upgrade while we know plastic Plague Marines are coming.

Berserkers look like ass though so if you go Khorne put backpacks on some AoS guys and give them bolt pistols (holstered or held) to make them WYSIWYG. Sticking shoulder pads on the non-melee weapon arm is a good method to making them look "right" when stuck next to Kharne too.

That said, he's probably fucking with you.

More like anti-Chaos Chaos, maybe? I've seen plenty of mention of all of the positive aspects/virtues that fall in the chaos gods' wheelhouse, but get little attention/have little weight in the warp due to grimdark.

As for the xenos, they're a mite bit desperate for allies, given the sword of Damocles that is full Imperial attention hanging over them: The Tau have a mutual interest in the protection and prosperity of the innocent (and their sect of Khorne worship isn't mutually exclusive with the Greater Good), and both they and the Orks view killing as ancillary to fighting and winning/spilling blood (the greenskins just stubbornly cling to what they view as shamanistic totems when they could be worshiping a REAL god).

Not him, but those Space Marines have awfully feminine haircuts/those Sisters of Battle have awfully Space Marine-y power armor.

Also, the topless model?
Tangentially related, where would one get appropriately sized female models for an Imperium army?

Ah, okay! So I wouldn't have any problems with Daemonettes and Noise Marines getting nerfed or something right?

I have like a few hundred dollars to spare and was thinking of getting a defiler or keeper of secrets.

I'm going to mix daemonettes with Flawless Hosts primarily consisting of noise marines and maybe a defiler and a couple of predators.

What do you think?

Post ending in 6 decides what imperial vehicle I buy and paint.
No forgeworld because I'm poor unless it's somewhat convertible

I would say try to be patient for Noise Marines
We have new rubrics, new deathguard, possibly NM and Berserks
Ultimately it's your choice
Deathstrike Missile

BANEBLADE

Guys, I'm in a real bad place right now

I've been trying so far for so long for da emprah, but all it's ever gotten me is broken teeth and painful nights. I believe in him with all I have.....but I'm just so fucking tired.

I know I am weak. I know I am found wanting.

I want to just end my life and not be a spawn of chaos. But I don't think I have it in me!

What should I do?

Maybe chaos terminators would add nicely? I'm trying to be balanced between armor, infantry and special infantry.

You waaaaant a Leman Russ!
You Neeeeed a Leman Russ!

Classic Dream Forge conversion for SoB, those models in particular have been posted here before as Not! SoB.
The naked model is from Brother Vinni.
While the hammer guy. No fucking idea.

Just what I need, something that makes my guard list, somehow, even worse than it already is.

>tfw no female primaris space woof gf

Penitent Engine

You will suffer!

If Chaos Termis stay the same they fill a role that imperials are envious of
melta-cide, deepstrike danger close and melta the biggest most expensive model in your opponents army, and now with infinite combi you can rampage through the back lines destroying everything

Everyone is getting an update and for once it looks like Daemonettes might be getting less shit.

Plus you should be able to mix Slaaneshi Marines and Daemons into a single FOC in the new edition.

That said no one knows exactly what the new edition looks like yet so don't get carried away buying stuff.

>8th ed
Watch it do 2d6 hits at -4 for 2d6 damage
Get that fucking knight off my table!

In 8th edition, will we still be able to use pskyers to spam out daemons with summoning?

No.

No.

Nope. GW was pretty sassy about it too.