Lets admit it, This coin sort of sucks

I have been holding verge for awhile and was happy and surprised to see this new growth. I started looking into it a bit more, and what I have found just sucks. I’m sitting on a nice profit and will continue to hold as it seems to be tracking well after the first few pumps. It has held very well the last 2 days during all this BTC drama. But…

1. Wallet: The OSX wallet doesn’t work. I’ve tried it on 2 different versions of OSX on 2 computers. One won’t install at all, telling me I need High Sierra. On High Sierra, it installs but won’t connect to the servers. I tried putting in the new recommended servers and that doesn’t work either. Plus its some hackoff version of electrum, which would be fine but…. Monero has a great working desktop wallet. Slick as hell. Mining built in (although its not feasible, its nice to have it there). Monero also has an iOS wallet that is very nice. Verge has an android wallet, maybe its good, I haven’t seen it, but I’m guessing its not. Shit even Navcoin has a nice desktop wallet that you can stake out of. It looks like legit amateur hour. I have no problem using electrum for BTC, but with all this branding they are trying to do, how about make a decent wallet with a UI and shit.

2. Is this Private or not: Some people are sayings its the most private coin there is, some say its not private at all. Privacy optional. Thats kind of a neat feature, I Guess? I haven’t seen the android app so idk if there is a function to switch between private and public. I guess it drops the IP? Nav does this too. Verge has the tor thing too. From what I managed to see on the verge-electrum wallet, I didn’t see where you could make privacy optional/happen. Shouldn’t that be a big thing? But I couldn’t connect to the servers so maybe I didn’t get that far. Either way, Nav as the same thing built into the wallet and its all pretty like.

Other urls found in this thread:

faucet.vergecurrency.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3. Funny thing in the FAQ: “I’m a merchant blah blah, how can I incorporate Verge into my business
to allow customers to use Verge to make payments? The answer?

“You can integrate XVG in your business by using Coinpayments or using existing APIs that can be found on github. “

Wow how convenient. First off, coinpayments doesn’t work in some states. Doesn’t work in New york, I am guessing they didn’t want to pay for the Bit License. Second, so you’re telling me as a
business owner, I need to go fuck around with shit on github to accept this coin? Gee thanks.

4. Coin Supply/Top wallets: This is slightly nerve racking. I realize that this coin was a fraction of a
penny forever so people probably accumulated it for fun. The dev team/friends, etc. The top 100 wallets hold 95% of the coins. The top wallet is worth 84 million right now. Now these people aren’t
going to be cashing that out all at once, they couldn’t if they wanted. I’m not too afraid of them pulling any sort of serious dump because the price might not ever recover and they would just fuck themselves. A slow sell off will probably happen and the supply distributed. Its not a huge worry, but a concern for sure. Yeah, this is a true 15 cent coin, but with its supply that is putting it top 20 at 2 billion, thats crazy to me for a project that seems to have so many rough edges.

I’m not an expert on this thing. I’m open to hear anyone’s thoughts if I’m wrong about something or you disagree. Its just not user friendly. How can you expect to exist as an everyday payment system coin and you don’t even have mobile wallets for both platforms? I don’t even see it in the roadmap.

I’ll continue to hold, its not going to make or break me, but it doesn’t look good boys.

Verge, you have a pretty website, get the rest of your shit together.

quit shilling absolute shit

dodgecoindark

/thread

heh. I like how they say that on the website too at least being honest.

This coin is shit right along with TRX.

Not to mention the founder is a fucking idiot who took 3 years to integrate fucking Tor.

This shit is all hype and will get washed away when they fail to actually provide anything of real innovative value while everyone else is breaking new ground.

I used to invest based on what I thought had future, but at some point I noticed that barely matters.

I honestly feel very bad for anyone left holding this bag. They may kill themselves

Up 150% and I heard it’s mooning tonight

The github is practially empty

It's a scam coin getting pumped by Fomo faggots

i agree. the market cap of the coin seems not to matter at all, this could could go to a 6 billion MC easily. at the end of the day its an 11 cent coin in the top 20, thats all that really matters. mcafee was right about the 'people like cheap' thing. i'm sure the team will buckle things down a bit, fixing the issues i outlined above

the whole idea of "too many coins, its not going to go much higher" is out the window

how much paid macaffe for chilling a bitcoin clone + tor?

Oh yes, the horror! I can't stand it!

>May 19th

Nobody is talking about people who got in at the start of the alt runs you dummy

>verge faucet
excuse me you're going to have to provide a link for that my friend

I get what you are saying OP but I don’t think I can take the risk of missing out on the next moon mission. My plan is to sell 500k next time we pump if it goes high enough

in comparison-- Navcoin aka Summercoin, Summercoin 2.0- Navajo Coin has undergone a really good rebranding by the lead dev that took over the project. Its not as fancy as Monero but they have a nice staking system which now that the coin is going up is getting more promising. Slick desktop wallet. No mobile wallet yet (could be android, not sure). Some good stuff lined up on the road map. Good weekly updates. (one of the biggest upcoming features Navers rave about is dapps but lets be honest, they are a meme) It drops the IP which is questionable how private that actually makes it. If Verge could get the rest of the project and communication on that level, they might have something there. But the fact that I can't store it because it doesn't fucking work on my computer, come on. I don't mind it being Dogecoin Dark if they were more serious about the project. Thats what happened with Nav. I'm sure they ARE serious about it, it just doesn't come across that way.

you know we can see you just added all of that to blockfolio right?

lmao larper

i totally agree, i'm in the exact same boat. and the fact that the sats have maintained after the last pump just gives me more confidence thats its gonna go and stay past 1000. bitcoin dropped to 13000 and it didn't dip below 700 sats, and it was even going up towards 800 during that. So people aren't panic selling which i totally expected. It seems like people jumped out of almost every other alt today just to pick up the btc dip sats, but it didnt' happen with Verge. People seem to no want to get out of it incase ot does randomly pump again. and we aren't that far from the ATH so its not like the bag holders are in that bad of a position. idk, its a weird situation right now. i would like to see it trend upwards a bit and not just sideways. ANY news that comes on Verge could blow it past 20 cents for sure

It's this trippy game where you collect coins and dodge obstacles. There are periods where everything slows down and the music changes. I played it for a two days or so when I first invested. I believe it was/is run soley by donations.

I don't know if it's still running or funded. If it is, I bet the payouts are decreased.

faucet.vergecurrency.com
Not sure if it's still functional. I'm on mobile and it's not running.

I have no reason to larp, but believe what you will.

Oh man, I remember playing this game a few months back.. never sent my coins though. :(

i have nearly the same gains, about 5k less, when this thing pumps again i might eat my penis

Glad to here someone talking sense about xvg it gets shit on round these parts. It ain’t all roses but there is definitely potential!

I hate when people just assume everyone's larping. They may stroking their e-penor, myself included, but it doesn't mean it's made up or that no one ever makes those kinds of gains.

*may be stroking