Dorf art thread

Hey teegee, I need some more dwarf. Post all of yer dorf pics, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dwarves
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is the best way to DORF
>Build
>Construct
>Kord
>Undercommon Slayer

>Dorfs

rip my asshole, you really showed me

Rekt into the next millennium

That's all I've got.

here, this should tide you over until someone else comes along with more

Posting some favorite GW dorfs

Final favorite

So Veeky Forums, why do dwarves suck so much?

Because they're all the same person

Thanks for the help, anons.

Dorf grill a cute. Even with the beard.

Those hair are absolute retarded.

>Old
>Heavily bearded
>Celtic
>Axe, Hammer, or crossbow only
>WoW stlye shitty looking armor or LOTR angular stuff

Why are dwarves the least aesthetically diverse token fantasy race in every setting ever

In all honesty, no idea.

I don't think people in the past saw much need for variety and liked them as they were - or maybe compared to elves, they were only liked by people who didn't want variety.

Sounds stupid, but think about it: elves ended up getting at least three basic flavors, high, wood, and dark. Arguably elves could have ended up as just wood elves and been like how the dwarves are, but obviously enough people liked them they wanted variety - they wanted to be an elven wizard, or an elven archer, or an elven rogue, not just one or the other. Really simple way of explaining it, but it gets the basic idea across.

But with dwarves, most people would just want to play a short hitty guy in heavy armor and probably with some sort of magic resistance, or reluctance to use magic. You don't need to change the initial concept for that at all.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dwarves

I really recommend checking this comic out. Came for the dwarf tits, stayed for the good art and well written stories.

See, I like Dwarves just as they are, and I remain entertained, to this day, by the short greedy Jews Scotsmen that live in mountains and drink oceans of alcohol.

I dunno, I'm easily entertained.

Thanks for that user

perfection

You anons are truly gods among men.

I
Disagree

Personally I find that role being filled by an entire race as pretty pointless. Consider this:

Dwarf, doesn't like magic, easy to ire but loyal, skeptical, competent in battle and in tradesmanship. Strong connections to his kin. Practical.

Have you ever- EVER played a game with a dwarf character that does not follow that archetype? I know I haven't.

I mean, I like it, but it's been done to death. If we're roleplaying the first session and I can already anticipate EXACTLY how your character is going to react to every single situation, I'm sorry, but your character has no depth. I don't mean to say that dwarf can't be done right, I just think it's a shame that people can just say "dwarf" and that explains their whole character. Best dwarf-related character I played with was actually a human from a society that was built on top of dwarven ruins and idolized a romanticized, chivalry version of dwarven society.

They are all ugly, there are no fabulous dwarves

I'm playing a shifty dwarf warlock in a game currently. Fascinated by magic artifacts, overly friendly but secretive, poncy and greedy, avoids all talk about kin. Though I suppose you could argue the goal was to be the most suspicious seeming dwarf possible.
I would disagree.

Also, I'm curious to know when the whole anti-magic thing became a part of dwarves. Being overtly magical craftsmen was the core of their concept if you go back enough. How'd this reversal come about?

I just seems fucked that your typical Elf character that would follow an elfy society in their respective setting is generally shit on for being sueish, but just writing the word "dorf" on a sheet of paper, sort of vaguely doing a scottish accent, and remember the hit dice for a battleaxe gets a pass most of the time.

I feel like there's a better avenue.

I mean, how do you do "MY DORFS ARE DIFFERENT" without loosing that ephemeral... dwarfyness?

>Asiatic dwarves
I never understood applying human ethnicities to nonhuman races. Wouldn't they have like... different ethnicity? I mean, I understand convergent trait development, but with that much time species might just interbreed, depending on how that works in your setting. I don't know.

Dwarves have been a lot of things if you dig enough. It's just the modern expectations are bizarrely specific. It think you'd just have to ignore the fact whatever you come up with will always leave someone moaning that it's not dwarfy enough