Let's talk strategy

I get it. You want me to HODL through dips. I do. But I'm not interested in long term investment. I have made a consistent 5-8% every day for the last month using Pivot Reversal Strategy, Bollinger Bands, and RSI as an indicator.

Today, for whatever reason, this strategy has failed me >dramatically< and has been my first loss day since I started using this strategy. It is a complete mystery to me as to why this hasn't worked for me today.

So, other than HODL, what tools and strategies are you guys employing?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ToneVays/status/943554975321542657
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Monaco man will make you rich, definitely

>It is a complete mystery to me as to why this hasn't worked for me today.

Likely because TA is nonsense

in dire times, rsi bollinger and whatnot kinda doesn't work that well.

trade using the order book/depth chart for days like today.

You only made 5% a day in a market that has grown 15~% every day. You're an incompetent retard kill yourself.

because it's easy to win in a bull market (throw a dart at the board). even easier with TA

when signs reverse you can short on margin if you have big balls.

That would trip the breaker. The metallic object upon the left prong is also touching the ground AKA lower prong.

OP is a faggot and we should kill him.

Your strategy can't account for this
twitter.com/ToneVays/status/943554975321542657

>YOU WANT ME TO HOLD
>YOU WANT ME
Wtf OP. What kind of faggot are you. There is no we. Go fuck yourself.

You aren't very aware of your own market. I've made more than holding BTC would and am barely down more on average for today.

My strategy doesn't rely on market trends. I make the most money when the market is down for the day, desu. Today has been very bizarre.

I scalp so those quick panic buy and sells rarely impact me.

>user clicks 3 indicators on tradingview and thinks he’s a genius for making money when everything is bullish
>loses money in a bear run

COMPLETE MYSTERY

lol, I’ve been holding LTC & XRP since February, I haven’t traded any thing for months.

Fuck your TA, I’m Almost at 10000% ROI. Crypto Day traders are the worst kind of retards.

This is how you get manipulated in the easiest manner lmao

TA doesn't work on this shit

dumbass
you forgot to include the fundamental analysis and exit all crypto markets

What the fuck is this pretend TA lmao, you clearly have no idea what you are doing, quit fooling yourself and actually learn how to trade

>holding BTC
yeah, but no one is going to get rich holding BTC unless you got in super early

You get rich playing Alts now, it's why they've pumped so hard.
Everyone has given up on the big players because for the most part, they're done

Why do you think the market cap went up 150B yet BTC went down?

i buy a coin when nobody else wants them. i hold them until everybody starts wanting them.

^^ this guy is doing it right

Day traders btfo.

Came here to say this, though I've seen stupider shit work, along with people who just rip the ground prong out.
t. electrician

>buy a year ago
>make lots of money
gasp, how did you do it?

I wish my friend convinced me to get back into crypto a few months before he did.
Literally was sitting on 100K at the time doing nothing with it, not even in an index fund, and my friend was dabbling in crypto. I even already had a coinbase account from like 2014 as verified and shit. Coulda been rich!

in times like these, you need to consider the big picture.
this is regarding btc of course. stick to daily charts, realise that we hae had the biggest bull run imaginable, the entire market went from 200 billion to over 600 billion in something like a month. we blew past every big even, and just kept chugging. the way to play this, is to look for confirmation of strong correction using moving averages and big evens, and upon confirmations get out/open shorts and find areas of support like with the 50 and 100 day averages which are major support levels historically for btc. also find gaps in the chart where a previous resistance line becomes support, look for major lines on the daily. right now, it looks like we'll run into the 50 day at about 1200, and we have a support line sitting at about 11250. we also have 10k as big even, just make sure you have a plan for if we break this support level as well, and find signals of that break in support. next level down is the 100 day at around 8k and it lines up with another nice support line.
the bigger and faster the movements get, the simpler your TA should become. when it move so large and so fast that it renders the more nuanced TA and signals useless you need to return to the basics of support levels becomes resistance and vice versa, use big evens based on market psychology, use historical markers and patterns, and use big moving averages and daily charts. good luck, hope you weren't down too much

I'm not the guy your replied to. But all you have to do is just buy on a dip and then sell it high. It isn't fucking rocket science. From your $100,000 put it in the coins that are slumping then sell it back once there is more coverage and hype around it.

Watch the price of BTC very closely because if the king falls, I am pretty sure a bunch of us are fucked. Not to mention the cryptocurrency capital gains tax might dissuade a bunch of people from investing in 2018.

lol nah, market cap is too high
I have money in that I do shit with alts to build up my BTC stores, but the days of putting 100K in and walking away with millions for doing nothing are gone

Aren't big ICO gains still a thing? I think that if someone bet $6K on the right ICO they could walk away with nice profit if the coin went up 10-100x. The only coin like this in recent memory was IOTA.

We just hit a resistance barrier nerd readjust your gay retracements.

ICOs get dumped the day they release and then you have to wait forever to make any profit through holding

ICX went 12x from Ico as soon as it listed on binance a few days ago. And it was even higher a few hours ago before btc dip

Wrong see

Yeah that is a really good example. I got in on ICX at 2.10, and I'm thinking that I might have overpaid a bit. But I think there still is somewhat easy money to be made, you have to be willing to take on the risk. Also seeing as how this tax shit is going to fuck us over we may as well just hodl ICO tokens that aren't complete shitcoins, or at least have a future to succeed.