Jain Zar

Finished reading this book today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has read it. I quite liked it, especially the parts of it that depicted the beginning of the Phoenix Lords in the ruins of the eldar empire imedeately after the fall. I fucking wish that GW would focus more on the eldar lorewise, especially their past, instead of the constant Imperium wank.

Also, UPDATED FUCKING PHOENIX LORD AND ASPECT WARRIOR SCULPTS FUCKING WHEN?

I didn't even know it was out. The Asurman one was okay but not great, but I hate abandoning a series once I've started it, so I'll end up getting this one sooner rather than later.

Probably never. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Eldar and Dark Eldar are going to be merged into a single Ynnari army in time, with old units like the Aspect Warriors that GW is too lazy to update phased out of the lore.

Maugan Re is next.

You hyped?

Yep. He's the best Phoenix Lord

If gw forces than ynnari bs down our throats I'll be fucking pissed off. Nobody fucking asked for that crap

In part yes, because as says he is the best Pheonix Lord.
On the other hand, in Jain Zar they've already started screwing with his old lore somewhat by having him be raised and live in a library/university type thing in the webway rather than Altansar, and if they can't keep track of what little lore the PLs already have then they could easily ruin what people already liked them for.

Even if they were going to merge them fully, I can't see them ever removing aspect warriors, even if they never update the models. They're way too integral to the identity of the Eldar, may aswell take out wraith constructs and jetbikes if they were going to do that

Yeah, Maugan Ra not being born and raised in Altansar is pretty iffy, though I guess the change makes some sense if they want to make it clear that the Phoenix Lord began right in the aftermath of the fall, before the disparate surviving groups of eldar had made contact with one another.

Calm down child.

NEVER

I wish that there was more lore about the pre fall eldar and of the state eldar were in immediately after the fall. All we have are now the two Phoenix Lord books and small lore snippets here and there, while imperiumfaggots get 20+ books about the horus heresy

Carefull what you wish for. A de-mystified eldar empire might turn out to be not the thing you wanted.

At least having some hints would be nice. Shit like pre-fall relics that amount to more than just fancy fucking swords and spears the eldar already have a metric fuckton.

Bumb

If only Jain Zar looked that good in the tt

Was Nazdreg's crew the Ork threat in the novel?

I think it's mentioned he tried to mine Spirit Stones in the lore, but that Ulthwe repulsed him.

The name of the orks are not mentioned in that novel, but it is very strongly implied that the orks fought in the novel are the ones who will eventually ransack armageddon due to eldar interference redirecting them

This whole sequence as weird. Why does Khaine desire the death of all the Eldar?

>Why does Khaine desire the death of all the Eldar?

The Eldar were prophesied to destroy the Eldar Pantheon so Khaine wanted to kill them all.

That already happened though. There is no reason to want them dead now. Wouldn't he disappear if they all died?

I don't take it as him wanting them all dead per se, he's just their god of war and murder, naturally his only plans and desires are for them to go to war and kill a lot, regardless of the consequence. That plus the inherent arrogance that almost every Eldar seems to have, multiplied by his status as a god, and the fact he's likely still pissed that they got him broken apart by creating a new god, something he was perfectly willing to wipe out their whole race for when it was prophesied, and hes not exactly going to have their best interests at his molten heart.

>That already happened though.

Not totally.
Khaine was right.
Eldar are scum.

>I don't take it as him wanting them all dead per se

Jain Zar vision showed him yelling in joy and triumph surrounded by burning craftworlds and corpses of the now extinct Eldar race. And then he explodes.

I thought only Chaos Gods are into self destruction. I guess like father like son.

My issue with the novel is it made Eldrad an upstart punk whose motivation is power, fame, and immortality.

Vect is quite based in the novel though.

I'm fine with Eldrad showing those traits since the novel seems to take place pretty early in his career as a farseer, even if it is cliche that the hotheaded prodigy has to learn humility and patience before they really become great.

Although I think that does raise questions as to when the fuck the novel is meant to be set, since Vect being in full control of Commorragh and the Phoenix Lords being well established legends implies it's been some time since the fall, yet Eldrad is described dicking about in the great crusade which ought to have started right after the fall.

You can ask Gav via social media. He is always willing to answer the fans. I remember that he had a long discussion with the fans abut his AoS book.

I didn't see any references to the great crusade. There were scant mentions of imperium in the whole book. I got the feeling that it took place somewhere around 32-34th millennium

I take it Jain Zar had a problem with what Eldrad was doing in that regard?

Do Orkanauts or Stompas appear in the novel at all?

Aside from the Evil Sun Rising novel, I don't think Orknauts appear in the books (except maybe the Beast Arises?). It's like most Meks don't bother with them or either build Killa Kanz and Deff Dreads, or just move right on to looting an Imperial Knight or building a Stompa.

Kinda want to see a fight between a Wraithknight and an Orkanaut in the lore.

>"Who knows blood better than we do?"

You rang?

GW writing is trash. What do you honestly expect?

>when you are despised by your own gods

Why?
Orkanaut and Wraithknights are just cashgrab ideas to sell big models. They are smaller titans, but not too small! They aren't interesting.

> They are smaller titans

>They aren't interesting.

That in and of itself is kind of interesting to me. They bridge the gap between smaller walkers and titans to me.

Anyone have a link to an .epub/.mobi/.pdf?

>When the lore re-write is that retarded

Khaine hating the Eldar is as old as his first mention in the lore.

Then why doesn't he just kill them after being awoken and join Khorne as a greater demon? It'd be a win win for him; he gets to enjoy bloodshed and he gets to kill who he hates. Khorne is the one who saved him from being killed by Slaanesh. Why didn't he join Khorne's realm when he knew his existence was in danger? What possible reason could he have to repeatedly join with the Eldar unless he identifies with their race?

They're not. There's a reason why Craftworlders and Dark Eldar had separate faction focus articles for 8th edition.

Yep

Because fuck you, khaine does what he wants

>There is no reason to want them dead now
Aside from being broken into pieces and slaved to their purposes?

if anything he should want to kill them all even more

>Let's rob one of the only cool, enigmatic things left in 40k of its mystery and make it really, REALLY boring, retconny and disappointing!

Thanks Gav!

The last time so many paragraphs were written so say absolutely nothing was a two days long filibuster. Jesus, is this the "quality" of 40k writing?

Who the fuck is Maugan Ray?

As someone that's been playing Eldar since 1990 (with 20,000 points and 12 other armies), speak for yourself.

>actually liking the hamfisted ynnari bs with the mary sue oc donut steel dark eldar bitch leading them.

Top pleb

Okay young blood. Speak. For. Your. Own. Shallow. Grasp. Of. The. Fluff.

Stick to your Veeky Forums fluff and others thinking for you. But speak for yourself.

I've got you covered on that m8

Nice projection dipshit.
I know eldar lore inside out. I never said ynnari break the lore or shit like that.
Ynnari are bs because the execution of them sucks ass, and because Yvraine is a bloody mary sue.

I wish gw would just hire that russian bastard and make him design eldar stuff full time.

If hired, they would put him to design marines full time.

Yeah, sadly.

Personally I found the details about the state of the eldar immediately after the fall quite interesting