Delta green/ call of Cthulhu

Favorite shotgun scenario?

fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/schrodinger-s-dilemma

Other urls found in this thread:

zigguratbuilder.livejournal.com/104866.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus. How does this count as a shotgun scenario? It's huge, detailed, and thought out.

Yeah, I'm kinda confused about how it comes in under the word count, but I really enjoyed it. I used the "trap set by Alziz" option.

It's the winner of the 2005 contest so I guess the rules are more like guidelines.

I had a shotgun scenario I liked that I wanted to run someday but I can't remember the damn title.

So did the Case Officer's Handbook ever come out? Is it ever going to come out?

It should be in layout right now according to the schedule from the update two weeks ago. They had sent out an early unedited copy of the first few chapters a few months ago and the chapter on hypergeometry two weeks ago.

So glad they changed how Hypergeometry works, so spells can actually be cast a little more reliably now.

Anybody else waiting on Horrors of War? Glancy finally logged into Kickstarter for the first time since Feb last week. Unsurprisingly he didn't respond to any of the comments that were left or the messages he's been sent asking for an updated schedule.

Bummer. I remember first hearing about Horrors of War when he mentioned it on a podcast a year or two ago and I've been hype ever since.

Which is why it's so goddamn confusing. I've listened to recordings of him run every scenario that is in the book and fucking 2.5 years late and nothing.

Someone had to shame him into posting in update by tracking him down at gencon last last year. The excuse was that he took on too much work at once and since he has no boss for this project it suffered the most.

But that was fucking forever ago and there hasn't been an update since December and he won't respond to messages.

Fucking come on, Glancy. I love his work but he's basically burned all the the credit his name had and he's basically guaranteed he'll never have another kickstarter again.

Follow detwiller on twitter. Seems like he's having too many ideas, but the said the first half is going to the printer and it'll be out after gen con

I read through all of them recently, what was the premise?

Two of those dudes on the cover have their guns out and are apparently screaming in the kind of horror that typically causes cranial explosions. The guy in the middle, however, seems to be gritting his teeth as he gives the monster the hand job of its life. And apparently if he fails to please the nightmare entity it has a raised sword ready to lop off his hand.

Truly this is the endtime scenario we've all feared.

I found it actually. First Hand Accounts.

TEECCHNIIICALLY CoC related
found on this LJ site
>zigguratbuilder.livejournal.com/104866.html

Call of MOE
>In this game, which uses the Call of Cthulhu system as a backbone, you play normal humans, salarymen, police officers and teachers who somehow come into contact with vile, dark tomes of otaku lore (basically your run-of-the-mill anime/otaku geek shit). From that point, you lose SAN. You keep losing SAN as you do things like:

>Buy your first doujinshi (1d4 SAN loss)
>Write your first doujinshi (1d8 SAN loss)
>Attend your first Comic Market Convention (2d10 SAN loss)

I'm usually not too big on jokey interpretations of Lovecraft stuff but this is actually pretty funny and I'd like to play it.

Huh, at first I was expecting the Elder Gods and assorted weird shit to be little girl based evil that drains you of sanity, with various cults and shit built around them, and the players must defeat their hideous machinations while slowly, inevitably, succumbing.

I guess in a way it still is, only the waifus never actually invade from the 2D realm.

>weebshit causes SAN loss
at last I truly see

I was brainstorming some delta green hooks and thought of using the global blackout from Flashforward as a cover from a cult heist that the players would have to investigate. Its in really broad strokes right now but does that start to sound like something that would work well?

anyone find the new in-world canon update a bit lazy?

It's not really new. There was material discussing the reformation of the official DG written 10 years ago.

You might note a few of the winners are way over length, because the 'rules' were of the sort that you can break them as long as you are good enough to get away with it.

This one busts the rules but they liked it so much they went with it.

It makes sense, when its main purpose is to promote the game by having highly publicised 'user' scenarios to give new GMs games to run, and more experienced but less confident GMs the idea that they too can make really cool scenarios.

I can understand why the gamebook for DG is turning into a huge delay. Their Kickstarter succeeded way beyond what they expected, and they added, what, almost ten extra major books to the pile. I suspect they may have underestimated how much extra work each one would take to integrate into the system - they admitted after the Agent's Handbook was loaded that actually they'd have to change the Handler's Guide to be called the Delta Green book thingy.

The only reason to do that is if you decide to support the entire system at once with that, instead of just the core game. So all of the rules that were going to be in the other separate books will be covered in this, which makes the system much easier to use. It also means taking a month or two off the write time for every other book, in exchange for making the core book take many months longer.

It's annoying, but not outside the normal bounds of Kickstarter late. And it's not a 'fuck it we went too hard' job because they've been posting regular infrequent updates. If the book is legitimately good it'll make everyone happy and bode well for the rest of it.

Horrors of War, though, that's bullshit. He admitted he did too much, but that's not enough. You have to admit what your fucking up will mean to everyone. It's not good enough to claim that you fucked up but you will get it together when you are unwilling to offer any proof of this.

Have the decency to front your fans and payers. A monthly update is not too much to ask, even if all you have to say is "I'm working on it, but there's not enough progress to show". I could even take that every month and one new chapter a year for five years, and tolerate it even if I won't be happy.

But going silent is never okay.