Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1510: Golden God Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>Still no To Catch a Predator joke jump
>Jump consists of Jumpchan giving you 1000 CP, followed by Chris Hansen asking both of you to take a seat

Rolled 397 (1d816)

Let's do it.

What would Sanctioned Xeno do in other jumps?

Dangit, let's try that again. Anyone know big ships in the same vein as the Light of Terra? I want a consistent home for myself and companions that carries over between Jumps and I want it huge so I can populate it with monsters. Light of Terra is great for this, but I like having options too and don't actually know of anything comparable or even similar.

I don't think there are any as BIG as Light of Terra to start with. You could buy the spaceship from Captain N, though, which is at least as big as a videogame "world" (which is smaller than an actual world, but still pretty big).

You can also get the spaceship from Star Wars OT, and that comes with its own hangerbay warehouse attachment, which increases in size as you add on parts to your ship. So, technically, you could eventually create your own Death Star if you just kept adding onto it, and the hanger would grow to accommodate it.
Though I remember there was a distinction between "actually making the ship bigger" and "just plugging the ship into another bigass ship", so no shortcuts on that end.

From Smallest to Larges

Sunrider-Aassault Carrier
Supreme Commander-Derelict Craft
Homeworld-Super Capital Ships
(About Imperial Star Destroyer Scale)

Sins of a Solar Empire-Capital Ships
(Super Star Destroyer Scale)

Dahak Chronicles-Asgerd Class Planetoid
(Roughly 4,400 kilometers in diameter.)

Also, so ships specifically state that they keep changes you make (I believe Star Wars OT and Riddick) so you could just make them bigger yourself if needed.

I can't recall the name of it right now, but wasn't there some jump in the imaged folder that let you get a giant robot that's also a manufacturing plant? Also, I think there was an option to let it transform and make it super-duper big, so I assume you could just get it a giant ship form too.

>That Pic

Reminder that Four did nothing wrong, she just killed Elf Pirates.

Drakengard 3 after you clear your current plate of Jumps Valeria? Plz?

I think you mean Supreme Commander.
You can import a mech or vehicle for the ACU section.
One can then purchase "Experimental ACU" which increases its size by 3X.
It was this that started the Biggus Dickus formula.

What's the status on the WoW jump? Has the Shaman perk tree been fixed yet?

How would I go about getting an Eclipse SSD?

If you just want it for housing and having monsters inside of it, you could grab the Tower of Fate or the House of Mystery.

There is a planetoid ship as a scenario in the Dahak jump. And I think there was another similarly large ship somewhere.

I mean, when it comes down to it Four is the Third most moral of all the sisters, with Two and One being second and first.

Of course that says more about how fucked up the Intoners are then how actually moral Four is, but hey it is a Yoko Taro world.

I've heard that the tree ships from Tenchi are pretty good in that regard. Someone described them as essentially having garden world interiors.

Or you could go after the Macross in Robotech.

I can certainly agree with your interest in populating a ship with monsters. I sort of have rough plans to take control of the monster moon in Final Fantasy VIII and bring it and the monsters along in my adventures, starting a monster kingdom of sorts on the moon.

Four really is best girl. She's got the right ideas.

Drakengard 3 is...progressing. Slowly. It's not a big focus. If I do manage to clear off most of my big jumps (Nier/Nier A/Grand Order) then I'll try and focus on getting at least one of the Drakengards out, which is probably 3 since it's the closest (Though also the biggest so).

Thank you all very much, this stuff is gonna be hugely helpful. I'll look into this stuff on my own time, but some of these sound real interesting already.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something mobile and unless I'm missing something about those, their names suggest something fairly planted.

Girls Und Panzer gives you the school ship which can be integrated with Warehouse, this can be upgraded the way you like Jumpanon

>Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm looking for something mobile and unless I'm missing something about those, their names suggest something fairly planted.

Both can appear at any point of space and time, as they exist outside of the conventional multiverse and just manifest when you call them. You can even make them float like the TARDIS across space if you fancy that.

They are also nigh-infinitely large on the inside, over-protective with their masters, indestructible, come with a load of minions inside of them, and almost impossible to get in without an invitation.

They're the definitive jumper-base, if not for the Warehouse.

I think Dahak chronicles has a reward for a moon ship or moon sized one.

Updated BD so that companions can buy items now with the import.

Reason for this is that it was too easy to end up with a 50 CP overhang and then the only thing you could buy with it was the one 50 CP perk.

Did a build with 8 companions a while back and it made it really annoying due to the 300 CP perks you can get a discount on.

Get a ship, get nanites, go to DC, fuse your ship and Pic related together with nanites. You win.

Huh, really? Maybe I just remember really small ones but they were pretty standard as far as personal spaceships went size-wise.

Having just looked up a picture, that thing looks pretty sick.

I know, right? The concept alone is just so cool. I don't even know what I'd do with them all besides try and lead as ship captain/the mayor or whatever and make the ship extra nice for'em, teach'em how to do stuff.

Sounds weird, but I'll keep it in mind.

Shit dude, that sounds amazing actually. I'm in it for a mobile giant home and those sound like crazy giant homes with real get up and go.

Query, if I may.

What would you say an upgraded Brainwashing quirk would do?

Also -

a. Does it essentially last forever until PAIN?
b. Does it work on literally anyone?

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

Anyone do anything interesting there?

1st Gen Tree Ship is best ship. Accept no substitutes.

how goes automata btw

I picked up girls in a dungeon. It felt right, it felt sooooo right.

Why is a lord of chaos protecting the house of fate, isnt fate like the opposite and enemy of chaos due to fate being the ultimate form of law?

Only now do I understand.

>time
I dunno. I'd guess stopping time, preserving things in a state of timelessness, speeding up or slowing down time or even reversing it for something relative to other things is all doable at that point. Time travel probably is to some extent, but time travel is a crapshoot in Marvel, so who knows?

>social change
That's a weird one. I'd imagine you'd fine it pretty easy to manipulate societies into your ideas of social progress even on world-wide scales.

>eclipse
No fuckin clue.

>imports
Yeah, sure.

Communists did everything wrong.

Well, this is what I heard one person say about the treeships:

"Make sure you get yourself a 1st generation treeship, and you basically have a giant FU to any other space opera settings you might come across because lighthawk wings. They are canonically the reason why Jurai became such a powerful empire in the first place, after all. It was because they have no counter, as they are literally conceptual bull of an arbitrary number of orders of magnitude higher than human minds can comprehend."

"Plus, a treeship makes for an excellent base to get started from. It's basically a very small garden world all its own created inside a subspace pocket, and the first gen. tree comes with some things that would be quite useful for an aspiring multiversal emperor all its own."

Those a are a "bit" too big for what I'm wanting, but they're amazing nonetheless.

Brainwashing seems to wear off if the one who cast it isn't maintaining it, so I imagine going to sleep or whatever causes it to come off. We haven't really seen what the limitations for who it can affect are in the series, but just from what I can tell, it can be fought off at least a tiny bit if you try really hard. It's just not enough to do much more than wiggle a finger most of the time.

Still, the person is at least semi-aware while being controlled so if someone has abilities that can be triggered remotely with their mind they might be able to break free on their own. That's if they know how of course (inflicting pain on themselves).

As for what it can do upgraded, I imagine it would be even harder to resist or break out.

Not tooo much progress. More perks and items filled in, considered a few ideas and started thinking of what I'll do for the scenarios for the Drop In, Resistance and Machine origins, since only YoRHa had one before.

Time for the Shrinkinator!

I kind of wanted that, but it always came across as just a little more unpredictable than I'm comfortable with.

It's a really good jump first jump. It's also got some of the best generic skill perks I've found, and basically the entire God perkline is worth taking.

Can I make new race of beings as God with all of God perks ? And which domain would be the best (maybe life)?

Shit dude, that sounds amazing actually. I'm in it for a mobile giant home and those sound like crazy giant homes with real get up and go.

They're pretty cool, yeah.

But if your really want a ship, has the right idea. Treeships are without a doubt the best kind of ship offered in the chain. Pic related of one of them.

Fate is also the strongest Lord of Order (and probably the strongest 'Lord'). Him bounding a minor Lord of Chaos to his home is not that far-fetched. He has all sorts of dangerous bullshit in trapped in the tower.

You mentioned that Nier and F/GO where going to be some of your biggest jumps. How large are we talking about?

Well alrighty then.

When did we get a Phineas & Ferb Jump???

Reminder that taking "Why, Jumper, Why?" as a Drop-in, so you can have a running gag of people reminding you that you've never been to Vietnam, is the best build

>wendy's bag and drink

Now that Sesame Street's finished, I'm back to work with Magical Pokemon Journey.

Here's my latest version. I altered my overall approach to the Hardy perk, and I made Grandpa's Mission into a separate scenario.

If there's anything else that needs to be changed, please let me know.

And do not forget that they can spawn lesser versions of themselves.

>Here's my latest version
Uhhhhhhhh

In one of the more recently translated Keijo chapters, one of the characters used a forbidden technique where she surrendered her ego and basically became her ass.

File? You forget file.

Let's not also forget that 1st Gen Treeships are sapient and if you have one it's because it chose you. It wants to be your friend, protect you with its cool powers, and see the universe with you.

>The jump is gone
All right, which one of you assholes didn't believe hard enough?

I, uhh...think you might have forgotten a little something there.

Nier A won't be the biggest, since I don't believe I'm doing double trees. Nier 1 I likely will be pretty big, and with 7 origins it's fairly big. Of course, this was before I made Majikoi which has 10 origins so it's not too big in comparison anymore. Grand Order's going to be about the same size as Majikoi however. Though that is just in the content, often end up changing how much writing I put into each description as my mood changes. Which is why FSN is still my longest jump by far despite having significantly less options then Majikoi.

Oops! Sorry about that!

Anyway, here is the latest version of my Magical Pokemon Journey jump.

>Val is not a size queen
I am inexplicably pleased by this

What's the best monstrous race to become in Ravenloft?

I'm rather partial to Tome Dragon, it's the nerdiest of dragons.

>the best

You mean...Thor? He's strength and thunder, I think.

Definitely some form of dragon, as those are the strongest that I know f which have a human form.

Dragons aren't really a thing in Ravenloft

If you going to be a vampire somewhere, Ravenloft is the place. They're just D&D vamps, but the whole atmosphere is perfect for vamp life.

Ohoho, not in that way at least.

In all seriousness though, if you think a jump would be better off with a more narrow focus and you've genuinely given it some thought, I'd say to always go for it, since it is always possible to make it bigger later, unlike making it smaller.

>Paying 800 undiscounted to become a shitty vampire

I'd go with some form of litch. They're neat in and of themselves, and as a litch in Ravenloft you'd be tempting fate. After all, what's the point in going to Ravenloft if you don't risk a terrifying end?

Pretty much done unless there are any major complaints.

I'm not happy with the way I ended up doing items, but user(s) was right, better this way than putting some stupid fucking ward on all the equipment you buy with RP. Besides, most of the stuff on offer in the main table you'll be able to pick up through out your stay.

So I added a drawback to extend your time past 10 years and I think that's about it.

I'll post this over the next few threads before considering it gold.

Literally the only right choice is a Prismatic Dragon. If you don't go Prismatic Dragon, you're just doing it wrong.

I highly doubt that option is there so that you can cheese your way into buying a CR 6000000 race on the cheap. Ravenloftanon did a good job of capturing the feel of the series, so I imagine the option is meant to be used for one of the classic Ravenloft monsters.

Ask her and see what she says, though.

I also highly doubt that it's actually asking you to pay 800 just to become a vampire.

You're doing it wrong, you closet homo dragon

Best to create new race of beings.

>EXT EN DED SERVI CE - 100CP
The amount of time you are required to stay here is doubled. This additional time starts after you've completed any scenarios
you've selected. Can be taken multiple times and doubles with each time you take it, (20, 40, 80...)

Can we not do this? Yes, I know the original Warhammer jump does it, but it's fucking stupid. Buy the entire jump in return for as much time as you want to train and research stuff. Make that drawback only give cp once and then it gives nothing for future buys.

kay

Also y'all niggas should calm yo tits and ask Ravenloft, he shows up a lot

Oh, easy. Life, fertility and Gaea as your Elder Goddess mother you slut

Thank you

It always pleases me when you're willing to engage in double entendre and banter.

>spoiler
As a general rule I think jumps need to be long enough to represent the setting. So fluff should be there to convey tone and give a sense of place. Mechanic description of powers and items need to be long enough to describe what they're about.

Things that are more familiar can can take up less space, things that are unusual in either form or function need more. Those are my thoughts at least.

Please don't capitulate to shitters. Leave it there, there's nothing wrong with it.

There are places in Ravenloft that have dragons(because they were ripped physically out of dragonlance and greyhawk respectively if I remember correctly. All to punish the ruler of said lands).

eh, I was a bit iffy on it too desu senpai

Eh, if you're paying for it, I'd go Vampire Lord. The drawbacks would be much lesser, and it gives some pretty cool stuff to go with it.

They're pretty hard to kill too.

>The only way to make sure that a vampire lord does not return is to cut its head from its body, burn the body and the head separately, scatter the ashes from the body over running water, immerse the ashes from the head in holy water, and bury the immersed ashes in consecrated ground. However, if the head ashes are ever unearthed and somehow separated from the holy water, dried thoroughly, and then subjected to an unhallow spell, the vampire lord can regenerate in a week if the ashes are placed inside one of its places of rest.

baffles me that we have so many World of Darkness jumps and no werewolf.

Fuck off furry

I like what you've done with it. There's enough going on with this jump that I doubt you could ever be perfectly satisfied with it, but what you've put up is good. You should be pleased with the jump.

Peterson is great, I wasn't bagging on you. If you haven't seen his JRE interview I highly recommend it. Also, if all you've seen are his interviews then I recommend watching his online lectures. They're information dense, but they're more than worth the time invested.[/spoilier]

Make it.

That is pretty neat. I might have to take a closer look at that. Thanks!

There was a WIP that someone was working on, I was a fan of the kitsune options, but that was maybe a year or so ago and I don't know that there's been any work on it since.

Tbh I can't speak about owod, but if once people found out about what nWOD werewolf society was like I imagine all Jumpers would either leave or try to tear it all down.

Pure or Forsaken, the Firstborn are a bunch of assholes

I watched this whole semester along with pretty much every interview he's done, shit was cash. Well aside from Sargon who spend 2 hours fellating the poor man instead of asking good questions.

Post the jump? I dont remember there being a race buy in ravenloft.

Oh, for sure. I definitely agree that there are extents to which you can limit things and that this often depends on the setting. Some settings really do need really big jumps (To use personal examples, I find the gigantic casts of characters in Majikoi and Grand Order need big jumps, though not necessarily quite as big as I made them) while with others, it can be more of an optional thing (Again, personal examples, FSN and F Zero I felt could both have worked well enough at doing their jobs with just single trees but there was no reason to not go further).

It's more advice I meant for when it's not really that big a setting or for when breadth might be a better focus then depth. Not everything needs more then 4 perks and 4 items for 4 origins and some can even go for less and still be accurate, good jumps.

I do think you should always try and push for more then you think you can do, even if you decide not to go ahead with it, since it's the best way to push yourself to get better.

What would Sanctioned Xeno do in other jumps?

Make people more willing to overlook odd appearances

It's an 800 cp perk that lets you just become any monster as long as it can take human form.

Cant most spellcasters do shapechanging?

Think you got the Hospitaler boosted perks in living Saint switched up

I totally did

How else do you think people are justifying using it to become Prismatic Dragons?

I kept looking at that too, but I thought meh maybe im just wrong.

Actually, a fair percentage of True Dragons have the ability to alternate form into human shape even without their spellcasting abilities.

all right thanks Cracker_Jack. I'm guessing a Weaker combination of both sun,with its solar fire, light and masculine aspects and moon,with its Mystic, feminine and darkness aspects for eclipse.

glad the imports worked out,especially that Dragonfang one,slicing magic is a nice trick and my sacred treasure really needed a durability boost since it has a shield form. The DenGasher was a bit underpowered compared to the rest of my weapons so that also really helped. And being a 10 foot Tall kamen rider that's Low marvel cosmic as a base Is a cherry on top.

>There was a WIP that someone was working on
Do you have a link?

Ah, now I gotcha. I can get on board with that. I think the point about building more than you need is a good one. If you get in your mind you only need 4 perks and you bang out 3, there's a good chance that you'll breeze through that last perk just to be done with things. Better off to make 6 or so perks and then pick the ones that really pop.

Just make a set time extention, I'm jumping the time of Cain up to 100 years for a 0CP drawback. It roughly allows you to stay from the first book to when he dies. Just add something similar? I'm unsure what you could add for the SoB though, perhaps you start in 900M41 and leave at the end of the 13th Black Crusade on 999M41? So 99 or so years.