This son of a bitch joins your group one night, and turns your current campaign into a shadow game

This son of a bitch joins your group one night, and turns your current campaign into a shadow game.

If your character dies, so do you, but you get one (1) special ability to affect the outcome. A couple rerolls, seeing what an NPC sees, making one combat encounter into something else such as a card game or another thing that would you give a better chance, things like that. Your choice. Of course, if you win, he takes the penalty, be it the shadow realm, trapped into his ring or your dice or whatever unusual punishment your setting would allow.

There is no DM, for the duration of the shadow game the world will proceed as it would if it were real and each side has an objective to fulfill in order to win. You don't know what his objective is, but he is incredibly fond of fucking with your group in increasingly murderific ways and has his three time manipulation hourglasses to freeze or rewing time three times before the end.

How do you play the game, and what's your win condition?

i'm a slime, and my group's quest is to protect our slime town from the incoming adventurer guild that's going to wipe us out to train their newbies.

win condition: town head survives/ 50% population survives

how to win: believe in the heart of the dice(?) and bend rules because yugi could bend rules too

I'm the GM. Am I now All NPCs or did Bakura just replace me or what, what's up here? Do I count as part of the group? Do I get to make a character or just replace somebody in my setting?

You get up to three existing characters, with one being your "main" character. Since you're the DM feel free to get the king or guard captain or anything of the sort, any important NPC you introduced or mentioned. Any characters that didn't exist before the shadow game started are NPCs unless you specificaly choose to control them. The cities are full of life and people, but unless you picked them individually they came alive because of the shadows and are out of control.

Yes, you're part of the group, it's the entire group vs ancient egyptian dickhead thief.

Also, you're at risk for every character you control. You won't die instantly if one dies and you have others, but it'll feel like a third of your soul/life energy burning away.

Bakura's got his own three characters, as I said no DM, but everyone gets one mechanic manipulation counter. Bakura has time/turn manipulation like in his shadow RPG.

It's too bad I'm playing maid RPG so good luck.

So what's to keep us from declaring that the objective is to blink three times? You've gotta come up with something less exploitable.

I'm now a female necromancer working for the Izzet in the streets of Ravnica, and already gets three rerolls a day because Lucky is a stupid feat. Special ability would probably be that I get one free stockpile of a Wish spell, no jerkass genies, and I can't use it to directly progress my win con such as knowledge of how to accomplish it, the best location to be at X time, or just winning. Win condition is the same as the end goal she already had, reviving her long-deceased father.

Well it'll take some time to do whatever the objective is, but I'll just take the rerolls.
I have trapfinding, damage reduction, can turn ethereal a few times a day, and have total concealment when outside of direct sunlight. We're miles underground. I have never taken damage this campaign and I'm not gonna start getting risky now.

>Izzet
>Necromancer

Who let you build this character? How are you not Golgari or Orzhov?

For my special ability, I'm going to take the ability to turn one combat encounter into a karaoke competition.

My goal is to beat this dickass thief in some sort of test of skill.

The first thing I'm going to do is challenge him to a duel.

You can see where I'm going with this

Human, rouge.
This is a world of eternal night, the people are unsure why however, it is noted that a mysterious pyramid has formed within the core of the world, many have entered, some have even returned, but not without being... changed...

One such individual has given you a set of three cards, red yellow and blue, each he said has a purpose, before appearing to have his soul ripped away...

The yellow card often glows near places you are told... or ment to go...

The blue card has allowed you to fly free from your body, for short times

You have tried using the red card too, it appears to shoot a stream of fire just by thought...

People theorize that the pyramid has a source of power, and that is causing the twilight, if it is removed? The night shall leave!

You have been set on your quest, the yellow card starts to glow.

Good job my setting has been conquered by a Sorcerer-King then, that's one of my character's sorted

That one special ability, eh? I'm honestly not sure what it ought to be or if I could possibly win. Is there a Get-Out-Of-Shadow-Realm-Free Card?

Jokes on him, I'm an min-maxing faggot.

I'm not currently in a campaign.

I guess I ask why the fuck he's in my house. Who the fuck are you? What did you do to my kitchen table? Why are there all these miniatures? Is that a scale model of Egypt?

I'm calling the fucking police.

>Is there a Get-Out-Of-Shadow-Realm-Free Card?

I'm guessing some kind of Dr. Frankenstein or Herbert West.

>You die in the game, you die in real life
fuck

Back to /osrg/ with ye!

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>playing a lich/necromancer with mythic levels
>retarded amount of magic items
>a group of mid powered undead
Checkmate

R/U are the colours of a Dr Frankenstein type necromancer (see Ludevic) but that's more an Innistrad thing. Izzet tend to produce madcap inventions that blow up in their faces, sort of like Goblins in World of Warcraft.

The closest thing to Frankenstein on Ravnica are the Rakdos zombies, which are basically standard fantasy type zombies except they implanted somes spikes and gave them knives for hands.

Golgari are probably what most people associate with the classic necromancer. They use magic to bring back zombies which help them do manual labour.

Orzhov could be necromancers at a push. They bind the spirits to their will through the small print of their contracts but as far as I can remember they don't have zombies, just ghosts.

You know... I can't believe that manga finally ended. What's worse it didn't even end, it just stopped.

"This combat will be resolved by playing d02. My Hat of d02 Know No Limit!"

Sauce?

My character is some kind of technically ex-Azorius after backstory bullshit I can't think of a legitimate explanation for but the GM won't check there anyway and has an unnatural hatred for the Orzhov due to said legitimate reason I came up with. She's been Gateless for a long while, as none of the U or B guilds quite click with her goal of "strictly educational progression towards making dead things move again" outside possibly Dimir, but one does not simply seek out the Dimir using her father's now-damaged spellbook as a base for her spell list, with some typical low-level B shenanigans.

Also the other party member is an Izzet Eldritch Knight Boros-style Deus Vulting isn't her style and we needed an excuse for them to be able to consistently mission together, and we bullshitted that "well, out of all the actually insane guilds, at least this one is educating in magic" and now we've got a "duet of outcasts in school" dynamic going on, where +4 Str is nerd-bullied for being Veeky Forums and my character ostracized for always introducing herself as Gateless. I secretly hope she can Show Them All and hit the highschool queen bitch cliche, she's a very prideful, angry, and short person, to the point where I can't help but compare her to Vegeta.

My ability is rolling dice in such a way that I always roll exactly what I need to succeed.

Yugi pulled that shit, so it's fair game.

You talking about the old one or the new one that focuses on Yami?

Because the first one stopped because the author's wife was being a little bitch, and the regular girl in the harem was based on her.

If it's the second one, then holy shit when did that happen?

I wonder why nobody on Veeky Forums seems to remember that manga arc. /literally/ playing a RPG.

I choose to have my special ability be the ability to revert the game to being a normal game, and tell the edgy fag to get out of my game.

If a character is resurrected does the player revive too? If so we have this as we have both a cleric and a fucking science lich.

I dunno, maybe they know the series more for Magic and Wizards/second series anime and spinoffs and are missing out

Well monster reborn brought back Tristan, so I would assume yes.

I do, it's what got me into RPGs

Why did you even post in this thread?