/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: "I expect so little and yet you disappoint me" edition. All is still lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HnWV5c79
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

picking multipage cyoa for op is always a mistake. Whatever.

anyone got that monstergirl cyoa where goat girl offers to find you a waifu? It had a badger, tiger, spider, cow, goat and other animal girlsto choose from

I take it you mean this one

correct, thanks

Has there been any news on that apocalypse CYOA that was being worked on?

What is the correct order of these pages?

Okay I'll admit I laughed.

I was just thinking about how I hadn't seen unsalted potatoes in a little while.

>not in front of the bab-
This is getting a little too dark.

hey unsalted-potatoes might be memish but he gets a chuckle sometimes

but fuck frogposters

Is Unsalted Potatoes the name of the poster or the waifu?

it's strange that the greatest creation of cyoag it's not a cyoa

i dont understand why this thing gets so many replies, is he samefagging?

what/who is this unsalted potatoes you speak of?

Hmmm. Highest form of flattery or cause for a murderrape?

dis be the potatoes that lack saline crystals

You can't monopolize a meme user.

Rape is okay but no murder please.

Have some, they are lovely!

W-what happened to unsalted potatoes?

janitors cant stand the site of idahoes without they seabalts

I guess someone was a little salty about the whole issue.

nofunallowed.jpg

Who the fuck reported my adorable Unsalted Potatoes-chan?

That pic would make for a great cyoa.

Why were they deleted? I don't think there was ever a problem with unsalted potatoes before. Far more malignant shitposting has been allowed without interference.

I'm serious: is the CYOA community in reddit this bad? I'm genuinely mad if it was really some janitor that deleted unsalted potatoes. What rules was it breaking?
I'm inclined to belive that not even reddit could be this bad.

Across all boards janitors are choosy assholes that just delete whatever they don't like because they can, and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

At least one other has been deleted. All it takes is some triggered bitch to report it. The moderator will likely think it's off topic garbage or something and delete it.

In the end it's just shitposting. I genuinely don't see how anyone could think those are funny, unless you think that Ben Garrison style 'satire' is the highest form of humor.

hows cyoa reddit called, are their waifupickers good?

I don't see why your mother didn't abort you, but she apparently thinks differently than I do.

If your problem with Veeky Forums is the mods, then there aren't many good boards on this website. Also Reddit is pretty shit.

What's this potatoes thing and since when is the cyoa reddit relevant again? Last time I checked that thing posted stuff from here every fortnight without much discussion happening.

hmmm... really makes you think

We're a niche community that is technically not on-topic to begin with. Most posts here that aren't clearly and obviously about cyoas can get you banned if someone reports it. Some people abuse that fact.

I've personally been banned before for asking a question about user's preferences for fetishes in cyoas.

1) It's pretty dead. (~expect 20 comments a day or so, last time I checked)
2) Pretty normie. This could be good or bad depending on your preferences, but I find the 'more out there' people on here a lot more interesting.
3) Barely any original content (and most of it tends to be mediocre at best).

They've been deleted in the past. They're retarded strawmen so they deserve it.

>Gentle Fem""""""dom""""""""

It's pretty much an Oedipal complex haha.

Speaking of which, that guy who asked about our fetishes a day or two ago ... was he just curious? Or is there more to it? Saw a lot of dominant/mind control stuff in there.

>it's off topic garbage

Funny so many share the same fetishes but ain't nobody gonna make the damn thing!

Well ... TokHaar did one.

Stay on topic, shitposter. No one cares about your garbage.

The person who asked will probably take it into account when making their CYOA, though not a dedicated one.

reminder to never reply to SDA

They also take CYOAs very seriously. CYOAs that get edgy joke shitposts in response will receive essays weighing the morality of each choice on the reddit one.

It has been a few days. Let's autism!

Is that Cyoa Stand-alone?

Oh dear fuck no
We do not need this again.

anyone have full poisoned citadel cyoa?

That's assuming he makes it!

thanks for posting this. this is my favorite cyoa by far.

We need more Sabers.

No we don't. I only see every third or so thread and even I'm sick of this already.

If you want more builds, expand it or ask specifically for feedback.

> I don't like this thing. STOP LIKING THIS THING.

How do people 'play' the end part or just build combat oriented characters in general? I just feel like I have no clue what wouldn't end up an absolute dumpster fire build. To me it's kind of like if someone told me to build a high level wizard in dnd when I've never played it.

SABER CYOA WHEN?

Never.

Fate is gay.

someone please post OC to stop the shitposting
thanks

Just make your luck EX.

Just be yourself and have fun. These things aren't going to become real one day.

Why don't you?

i'm too autistic to curate my content
it'd either be mystery boxes or a long ass CYOA that will never get finished

how are you with photoshop? im writing a cyoa and collecting the images but my photoshop skills are shit.

Not the author, but...
The Noble Phantasm part is basically a freeform writing section, giving your build a unique defining power and whatnot without becoming so powerful that the world simply deletes you.
It's so open ended because in the source material, Noble Phantasms are rather open ended and can do almost anything, really, just so long as they don't 'break the game' (or, you can try to do just that if you want - try to defeat the world).
But, really, it's basically an excuse to go wild and have a good time coming up with an insane character, or whatever you want to do.

There you have it. You're why we don't have OC.

I only have WIP stuff. Someone tell me the how fuck to fix flying.

I know it looks like shit, it's in HTML and I do the style later.

The reason we don't have OC is because these threads chew up OC like candy and devour hours of your work in minutes. You're lucky if you get 10 (You)s /OC. I can make 10x that with an hour of memeing.

You need a legitimate mental disability to make CYOAs.

What's your CYOA about and what system is it?

>You need a legitimate mental disability to make CYOAs
You mean like creativity, or casual interest in game/graphic design?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your main point, but you act like the only reason to make stuff is for attention.

>These things aren't going to become real one day
Ahaha... ;_;

i literally made 1 (one) single page waifu picker and got dozens of (You)s and more than 76 people reading my cyoa

>waifu picker
Yes, but you're a disease. I'm talking aboit actual CYOAs.

None of us will live to see perfected virtual reality.

This century is the ultimate horror for any of us.

>waifu
Please don't mention that word around here.
This thread is already bad enough.

Aside from a general dearth of images, version 1.0 is complete.

Or you could post thousands of WIPs in multiple stages. Zodiac got lots of (You)s.

This place truly is a cancer. I feel bad for people that create stuff for us.

It's Drakengard, it's better it doesn't become real.

Allthough one of the Endings has the setting cross over into our world. It doesn't end well.

That's not exactly a testament to the artistic merit of the medium.

Notice how slow and boring the last 3 days were? That's cause I was banned. Trust me, I don't need help getting (You)s.

I think that's mostly because of the waifus.

People here get pissy if you don't feed their dicks.

Yeah, even the /d/ cyoa threads are much more friendlier than these

pastebin.com/HnWV5c79

pretty much a space version of "Overlord CYOA", which was a project i pretty much did the same arrangement on (i wrote most of it, the Scientist added to it/put it together)

Probably gonna do away with the "City construction" part cuz it doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a planetary scale.

I think it's kind of amazing how he's been able to keep up people's interest. I've posted a few updates of my own CYOA and while they're individually well received they don't really get reposted much and I think there's less interest each time. It's impressive, and as immature as it is to feel this way I'm a little envious.

R.I.P Zodiac guy

Assassinated by the fujoshi whore

did you accidently post the incomplete version? This looks identical to what you posted before, and looks plainly incomplete (eg, there's nothing to do with cohesion points).

literally all waifus except vignette were shit
the 2 first pages were all that was needed

No need to feel bad about this. The internet is a vast and uncaring ocean and Veeky Forums is a deep sea rift into another dimension of unending madness. And if you weren't doing a power fantasy/waifu sim combo, you probably didn't stand a chance to begin with.

the point is that you can get many more (You)s than the guy was implying, even with low quality content

>pretty much a space version of "Overlord CYOA"
You weren't kidding, it's very much alike. Sorry it's not my thing.

HE DIDN'T PUT IN ANY HUSBANDOS

They are literally jerking each other off though. You wouldn't be rude to your dealer.
It's a shame my sex drive isn't high enough to go there/make the content they would love.

Yes, and my point is, do you really want those Yous if it's just the same shit over and over again? I guess it's down to personal choice, I rather make something fun that only few people ever reply to.