Kobold thread

Post all your little vermin bastards.

Both lizards and dogs go, so long as they're small and weak and probably about to die.

surely if you were to look at a village of humans, you'd see them all as weak, frail, malnourished peasants.

ignore the scavengers and militia, how about some tales of the adventuring kobolds that changed the shape of their worlds?

Well, I feel that being that kobolds in particular are just about destined to die at the hands of low-level adventurers, they've got about the humblest and the most underestimated origins imaginable. No better springboard to greatness.

I played a kobold wizard once that reached all the way to the twentieth level and changed the shape of his world quite literally - by altering a bit of its reality to bring happiness to the few folks he cared about and that cared of him.

I feel the impact would have been somewhat dampened had he been some elf with a century of training to back him up before even leaving home, and with a happy clean childhood in a fantastic tree village.

Quick! I need art of artificer/gunslinger/alchemist/techno-wizard kobolds fast!

This guy seems kind of like an alchemist to me even though he isn't carrying much of the stuff. It's kind of subtle.

another mexican kobold

Anons? Honest question: using D&D's draconic kobolds as a basis, would a setting's kobolds being described as mutant, neotenous dragon hatchlings who suffer a racial inferiority complex and so relentlessly pursue methods of mutating themselves into full dragons, feel like kobolds to you?

That sounds pretty damn kobold-y to me, user. Go for it.

Now in theatres near you:
Gunbold
[Lead slinging lizards]

And if the fruits of those experiments have only produced fangwyrms (basically, half-kobold, half-snake, half-piranha and half-cuddlebug) and drakken (the setting's equivalent of dragonborn/draconians)? Does that still make them sound kobold-y?

Eh, so long as your average kobold is still weak and small and carries a colossal-size-category chip on their shoulders, and it sounds like that's the case.

Whipcrack sound!]

and without socks and gloves

Anons? How plausible is a kobold character concept of a kobold who saw her entire tribe eaten for kicks by a dragon and swore that she would have revenge by proving her people don't need dragons? Basically, she wants to kill dragons and make her people stop worshipping them?

If that's plausible, what about the idea that as part of that, she's become fixated on the idea of proving her superiority by eating dragon meat?

>How plausible is a kobold character concept of a kobold who saw her entire tribe eaten for kicks by a dragon and swore that she would have revenge by proving her people don't need dragons? Basically, she wants to kill dragons and make her people stop worshipping them?
Not especially plausible, on the note that I can't really imagine why a dragon would just gobble up an entire kobold tribe. They're useful and worship him and probably taste terrible.

>If that's plausible, what about the idea that as part of that, she's become fixated on the idea of proving her superiority by eating dragon meat?
Kind of hypocritical, no?

It could work out.
Just got to play as her well.
Have her believe that eating dragons makes her gain thier strength so she can kill more dragons.

>I can't really imagine why a dragon would just gobble up an entire kobold tribe
Kobolds serving a rival dragon. One kobold escapes, reports the slaughter to the master, and the master is like 'oh, well, I'll find another tribe'

The survivor is so infuriated by the casual disregard for the lives of her family by both god and devil that she swears a vendetta on all dragons.

>proving her superiority by eating dragon meat
>Kind of hypocritical

Disagree. The survivor could frame it as treating the dragons with the same amount of contempt that they treat her fellow kobolds.

Why would a dragon eat kobolds? Because it can, because it felt like it. Dragons are pretty indiscriminate eaters, kobolds are plentiful and utterly expendable; there's always more kobolds to find, and being so small and weak, they're not even that good as minions.

Any dragon that's callous enough or just feeling hungry could and would easily decimate a kobold tribe. After all, there's always plenty more to find once it stops being hungry.

Hells, it's even mentioned in one 4e sourcebook that many dragons have a hard time *not* devouring a couple of kobolds upon first recruiting a tribe, and that most kobolds are so fanatically devoted to dragons that they see this as an honorable, even glorious, death.

I was having her figure it's more "they kill and eat my people because they're stronger. If I can kill and eat them, than that proves *I'm* stronger." Plus, what said about her viewing it as ironic as well as showing them the same kind of contempt for their lives that they showed her tribe's.

evil dragons would definitely eat their worshippers from time to time
neutral might if they're hungry enough or as part of a ritual depending on their element
most good dragons would likely not eat kobolds of their own type, but may eat the ones they perceive as evil, if it just happens to be more convenient than simply stamping on them to death

Gotta love kobold fighters.

To them, every battle is a fight against a giant.

>No lizard tits

Surprisingly acceptable.

Fuckin, Dawwwww~

Kobold removal services.

Rubbed a quickie.

Kobolds only live to hide from threats and serve dragons fanatically.

Nothing else.

>david and goliath, but david was a lizard-dog-dwarf the whole time

Anons, query: remove either halflings as the de-factor servant race or gnomes as the clockpunk/steampunk/dieselpunk tech race and replace with kobolds. Do they work?

If you have kobolds. NEVER remove gnomes. That Blood feud is just RP and lore gold.

That is a delightfully thicc 'bold.

Oh fuck yeah a kobold thread. Can you experts rate a character concept:

Kobold born and raised in the underdark gets driven out and makes it to the surface half dead. He's found by a troupe of good-samaritan type monks who aid him and offer him a roof in exchange for work. Had never seen the surface before, Kobold didn't know acting this kind was even an option, and sees it regularly and people acting this way instinctively during his stay at the monastery.

Grows to believe EVERYONE on the surface acts this way, and the underdark is some sort of subterranean hell of cruelty and cold that folk like his are purposed to live in. Dedicates himself to wander the world and unlearn this cruelty. Due to sunlight maladaptation, believes the sun is some sort of protection for this realm of kindness that berates him for daring to walk around outside the underdark. Is determined to learn the kindness of these people and earn a place beneath the sun. Campaign spent tearing between natural kobold instincts and half-learned monastery good-samaritan lessons. free reign to the DM to turn the 'paladin falls' routine up to 11

As someone who hasn't played much dnd how poor is this concept on a scale of -10 to 1

I wouldnt punch you in the face for it, so it's decent enough

I would sure as shit punch you in this face for this bullshit

Gnomes are otherwise pretty boring, though.

You could easily make the blood feud be about dwarves or something instead.

It's valid.

Anyone got any pictures of kobolds in snowy enviroments or wearing thick warm winter clothes?

Unfortunately, all I have is a winged silver dragonwrought with a raven familiar.
Rather specific I know, but his coat is warm and floofy.

>and everyone he meets is Goliath

So I got a question for you lads: Dog or lizard?

I greatly prefer lizards myself, but dogs are fine too - so long as they mostly stick to one or the other, rather than doing that weird mash-up of the two like pic related.

Lizard is objectively superior

See

That is absolutely horrific. How would you have both lizard and dog kobolds in the same setting? Since they're not even the same species nor share any similarities I'd imagine you'd just have to give one of them a different name.

A mix of both with tasty scales

>How would you have both lizard and dog kobolds in the same setting?

In our current game we have all sorts of kobolds: lizardbolds, dogbolds, ratbolds, big dogbolds, godbolds (little godzilla people with laser rays), fairy-bolds, the whole kitchen sink.

It's eventually revealed that the reason is the word 'kobold' being such a catch-all term for weird mythical monsters such as these, so the local folk of whatever we are in at the time usually plant that name to whatever local nuisance. They all still hate gnomes, for some reason.

Dragon-related lizardbold for tabletop

Dogbold for magical realm

Lizard.

HEY
anyone know thst one game where you're a dragon and you molest kobolds for trinkets? Not TiTs fyi

Forgot image

Who's going to buy Ever Oasis just for her?

Some Bolds i made for my campaign

look similar to some of the bangaa class designs

As dragon is a chimera of lizard, bat, magpie and flamethrower, kobold should be both lizard and a dog, and with some rat thrown in

Don't forget cat.

Vain lazy bastards.

The entire campaign is inspired by ivalice to some degree, and i found that bangaalets would be a perfect cross between lizardbolds and dogbolds

Can half-kobolds happen in your setting?

I use the "kobolds are a really degenerate dragon-kin" thing from 3e, so, yeah, technically, half-kobolds happen.

Well that is quite the rare gem of an image. Half kobold images are quite rare.

They sure as hell can now!