So he's a Thunder Warrior right?

So he's a Thunder Warrior right?

Lading theories are The Missing Primarch and Chosen Avatar of Malal.

Malal does not exist in 40k.

Because, true to form, he was murdered by his own champion

>another one of these garbage threads.

>an ancient good awakens.jpg

Not even close. He's not even on par with a Space Marine, and Thunder Warriors were better than Space Marines in almost every way.

are there any descriptions of thunder warriors in combat? just trying to visualize them

i sort of just think of them as super mutants from fallout

i imagine them using tons of explosions everywhere to obliterate their opponents and causing lots of collateral damage

tossing grenades, firing grenade launchers and missile launchers all over the place, maybe even small tactical nukes storm troopers style

sort of what real life fps multiplayer looks like

forgot pic

Not much is known about them. But IIRC there was one in the Outcast Dead novel

There is also the Cerberus Insurrection. It doesn't go into detail, but it does describe how horrifically powerful the Thunder Warriors really were.

>Initial attempts to impose order by Terran troops had been thrown back in disarray as it became apparent that among the insurrectionists was a renegade cadre of outlawed Thunder Warriors, long believed dead, calling themselves the Dait'Tar. With many of the Space Marine Legions already assigned to the first Expeditionary Fleets of the Great Crusade and en route to the stars, the Emperor Himself dispatched His War Hounds to Cerberus with explicit instructions to reclaim Cerberus colony and carry the Emperor's wrath to those that had defied Him.
>The War Hounds slaughtered all prisoners, but their confidence would soon be shaken when they encountered the Dait'Tar, despite being greatly outnumbered by Astartes and Guardsmen, the Thunder Warriors held their ground, fighting amongst the bleak tunnels of Cerberus. Eventually, after five hours of brutal close quarters fighting, a signal was received that Cerberus-Primary had been returned to Imperial Compliance. The second wave of Imperial Army troops were ordered with the bleak task of clear-up operations in the wake of the War Hounds' assault, hunting down any survivors hiding in the warren of tunnels and passageways, of which there proved to be precious few. There were multiple reports of coming across the hulking carcasses of Thunder Warriors, each with four to five Space Marines dead around them, of rooms being turned into blood soaked charnel houses and prisoners weapons being found abandoned. Aside from these facts much else remains a mystery and the entire insurrection is kept highly secret by the Imperium.

i think the armor does have a good techno barbarian feel. being asymmetrical and muscly looking

> asymmetrical
It's completely symmetrical except for a couple of shoulder pieces

If anything it looks more like medieval jousting armour which had similar differences between lance-side and shield-side shoulder areas.

your right user. it looks like medieval jousting armor...fucking idiot

He took down a demon the size of an imperial warhound titan, and when taking into account in-game mobility is about as fast, maybe a little faster, than what that image describes. furthermore he does more damage than those bolters are said to with his FUCKING FISTS.

Nearly every thread is a garbage thread.

The Icon of SIn is much bigger than a warhound, it's miles long

No, he's just a really tough and angry guardsman.

He's Emperor's buddy back from 23'd century

did unification wars earth have demons? i think they had a lot of psykers which is why thunder warriors is especially resistance to magic

I think that was suppose to show that the war hounds didn't give a fuck about having a proper battle and would rather just run into melee.

If it was another legion they'd most likely take a lot less casualties by, you know, shooting the mother fuckers.

God damn what an aesthetic meat sheild he has there.

>did unification wars earth have demons?
No, I don't think so.

The unification wars happened before the ruinous powers really became conscious and actively interested in the material plane.

The in universe book the Chronicles of Ursh, mentioned in the first or second HH novel, describes daemons and other major warp phenomenon on the battlefield.

And Ursh was one of the nations that the Emperor conquered during the Unification Wars, so it's certainly possible, and probably likely.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Lord Malal the Wise?

im pretty sure thats wrong. the unification wars were like a few years before the great crusade started right

I think he's talking about a different demon literally called the Titan. He killed it before the start of the game and its corpse is a level.

We don't have an approximate length of time like we have for the Great Crusade, but we know it was at least decades, and possibly centuries.

Also we know that the Thunder Warriors weren't replaced at the end of the Unification wars, but some time in the latter third of it or so.

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Daemon.