/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Surviving Exsurgents Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip
>>Second Edition Playtest rules
drivethrurpg.com/product/211293?

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

Just what the hell do Scum get up to all day? What's your [insert faction here] character do on an average day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AlwKsrf36DU?t=4777
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What's your [insert faction here] character do on an average day?

I think this is the intent behind Your Whispering Muse, some.

Yeah? I wasn't honestly sure what that was.

The name is inspired by "Your Whispering Homunculus" which is a PF thing and it's basically full of oddball or unusual setting elements and how to make mundane aspects of the game more interesting.

So in EP the intent is similar, to give players and GMs more memorable aspects to normal life, or off-the-cuff ideas of the setting you might not think of right away. Obviously since it's gonna be a series it's not going to hit every type of group or locale all at once, though.

And IRL the intent is to try and fish for people who have never written for EP before to write for EP.

New writers, eh? That's interesting. It'll be nice to try and get some fresh blood that might restore some of EP's diversity.

>playing Ultimate characters
I seriously hope you guys don't do this. It's very problematic.

Why is Provoke necessary when Persuade and Deceive exist?

Provoke is basically intimidate+, which is a function not really covered by persuasive discussion and debate, or outright lying.

How is intimidation not a form of persuasion? If the skill was about being physically threatening it would have been (SOM). One of the examples for Provoke is seduction which clearly falls under Persuade.

>Persuade is the ability to convince others to do what you want through words and gestures, logic and reason. It is the art of subtle social manipulation.

>Use Provoke to taunt an opponent, intimidate a witness, rile up a mob, scare someone into submission, browbeat a captive into surrendering information, or seduce a potential lover.

Persuasion is social engineering or argumentation. You get the target to do what you want or come around to your point of view through using sociocultural cues (like 1E's Protocol) or through a reasoned or logical debate.

Provoke is instead playing to baser emotions, instinctual or irrational responses. Yelling at someone to shut the fuck up or baiting them into responding is Provoke, as opposed to offering a reasonable argument or debate. It's an important distinction because in the rules one is resisted by rolling SAV the other by rolling WIL.

So how do you do impersonation then?

Impersonate has been rolled explicitly into Deceive (which sadly makes it more bland, but it's simpler so w/e). And physical disguising is covered as an exotic skill because I suppose physical makeup and costuming and stuff is a little outmoded in the future of shape-changing clothes and face-sculpting.

So, on the topic of mundane bollocks, and inspired by , what is the average transhuman diet like?

Does the average transhuman even eat? How many clankers and infomorphs are there?

The playtest has pretty clear stating "majority is splicers" and does not necessarily seem to claim quite so large volumes of synths as to truly rival skins.

Recycled and processed, probably. Makers are cheap, but produce cheap food. But assuming you have all the basic ingredients they should be able to shit out your full nutritional plan.

Plus flavoring agents. It might not taste good, but there's no reason it has to taste boring.

How do I play an Infromorph??

Am I limited to mesh interactions, is there an advantage to ghost riding versus riding in a tac net?? How much am I going to be depending on forking and synthmorphs??

I think the ratio is usually about 60/40 to 70/30, for biomorphs vs. synths and infomorphs. Which, now that I think about it, is surprising. Still, most indentures are going to want a biomorph when they're done, I suppose.

In the games I've run where I've gone into detail, my standard's been that you can buy fabber feedstock made from vat-grown algae. It tastes like paper-flavoured jello, but it'll keep you alive. Might do terrible things to your digestive tract, though.

The game was set on Luna, in Clever Hands, so there were other foods available. Somatek has money to pay its employees and more deeply indebt its indentures by providing actual food, including real rice, real vegetables, and vat-grown meat, or even live fish if you really had credits to burn.

One of the signs a headhunter (the business kind; looking for talent) worked for a profitable company was being able to invite prospects to a restaurant that served real food, not disguised fabber feedstock.

And if you couldn't afford that, algae noodles taste almost like rice noodles.

I'm trying to create my first character. I like going through from the ground up but is there any real reason not to pick packages? If I just go to the background section all it is is uplifts and AGIs.

>splitting gunplay into seven different skills was dumb, so it got condensed down to one
>social interaction is still split into three different skills

Fundamentally, there's not really any difference in how you employ a beam weapon, a firearm or a spray weapon. You point at the target and pull the trigger. The target rolls Fray/2 to dodge. Individual shortcomings and advantages of each group can be handled by the gear itself.

With the three social skills (which is technically less than the last edition has) you have three completely different approaches mechanically and narratively - each is defended by a different roll. This can even make interesting tactical decisions when solving a social encounter.

A target may have great Kinesics, so they aren't easily fooled by lies, but have a middling to weak WIL so they're vulnerable to emotional manipulation. Or somebody with an iron WIL might have a mediocre SAV, and easily be socially engineered into the response you want by exploiting their cultural cues or personal ethos.

Although the various firearm skills also handled their maintenance and basic repairs, so in that regards, it made some sense to keep them split into three.

Sure, or you could take Hardware: Armorer and cover all your bases anyway.

>Am I limited to mesh interactions
For the most part, yes.
>is there an advantage to ghost riding versus riding in a tac net??
You can ride in a ghostrider, but you can't ride in a Tac Net.

A Tac Net is computing resources spent feeding your team tactical data and assistance, not a place to store egos.

>How much am I going to be depending on forking and synthmorphs??
The former depends on how much you want to do at once, the latter on how physical you need to be. That said, if your primary form is an infomorph, synthmorphs are probably going to be your preferred physical form... you can sleeve in and out of them extremely quickly.

In theory I could remotely access a Tac Net through the mesh if I was authorized access, but it sounds like I'd need a synthmorph in some capacity to make hacking checks and so forth to gain access to system that aren't integrated, is that right??

You can also puppet bots

Any system that's air-gapped will require a physical interaction point, yeah, but you're better off using drones of some kind than a full synthmorph.

That guy on the left looks like a character I played once. Cosmetic morph tweaks are fun.

Daily reminder that American Government already discovered a Pandora Gate in Afghanistan and First Contact was made a century before the Fall by Ozma

youtu.be/AlwKsrf36DU?t=4777

Does that lady on the right have her tits out?

Stop phoneposting

How are people adapting the playtest rules to actually work? There's nothing for combat or mesh out yet..

Doin' what now?

I think they're just running with the existing rules, with the playtest stuff copy-pasted over what's relevant.

If she does they're very metallic and hexagonal titties.

One option is to ride another player in a ghostrider module, and when the mesh is off or inaccessible, you can plug into systems via fiber wire from the head of the other player.

When all else fails, you could still assist with aims and basically support the TacNet and the others in, say, combat.

She's going to have a bad time if she doesn't tighten that harness