/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Who is the most overrated author?

I am dying. I need OC. Have mercy on me.

Sorry. Still working on it. Will be for quite some time.

whoever made the MonHun CYOA.

DSA (I actually really like his stuff it's just that it's not nearly as spectacular as people treat it, it's just above decent)

It's spectacular by CYOA standards.

Not really. Compared to necromancer or star dust or spess refugee it's nothing special. He does constantly make above average work though

Spectacularly shit.

Beri, in my opinion. His cult of personality is obnoxious.

this is /cyoa/, obnoxious is what we do best

Eh, I don't really like especially long CYOAs and mostly judge them by how well they inspire my imagination. Those two definitely have a lot of work and care put into them though.

This too. Nothing against the author but the fans are completely in denial

Beri is the fast food of CYOAs.

Necromancer has amazing world design, atmosphere, and ideas in addition to an extremely appealing visual theme, but the writing is actually pretty stilted and grammatically poor. Except on the Map, oddly enough

It's funny because it looks like it says SIDA, which is AIDS in spanish. Which is what you are.

Is spess refugee really a long one? I mean I guess if you count the companions, but the real meat of it is one page one. I never thought of it as long, but that could be because I found it coming off of star dust

Dunno, but I want another Blissy adventure.

Oh yeah it's not that long, was thinking mainly of the first two.

You're SIDA from now on LOL!

What's that? Someone's insulting my favorite author? BERI DEFENSE SQUAD, ASSEMBLE! SHITPOST AT WILL!

(He is my favorite author.)

I am going to post some CYOAs now if nobody minds.

user stop bullying me, it hurts.

necromancer is too long or poorly constructed, refugee and stardust are ok

That's funny, I always thought of the companions as the meat of Space Refuge.

>too long
It's really not. It's significantly less complicated and in-depth than Stardust or Battlemage, there's just more to read. It's also significantly narrowed down once you choose which Books you'll be sticking with.

And next to Traveller or Universal War?

I meant more of the complexity I guess. The most choices you're making are before it, and then you just read and pick who you like, so it's pretty short, if that makes sense

I'm sorry. Here's a cutie for you. Good luck with your CYOAs.

There. Those are some original and interesting CYOAs that never get posted.

>Next to traveler

I remember a be the little girl CYOA that looked kind of like this and all the options were weird and interesting.

I like CYOAs to be relatively short and to make me yearn for that reality. My metric for the success of a CYOA, therefore, is how much emotional resonance and depth it packs into each page. By my metric, you're the best CYOA author. Star dust is so fucking huge I have no desire to bother with it. Space refugee is bretty gud, but it doesn't have the same density of awesomeness your Angel/Demon CYOA has.

It's too late, user. I'm giving up CYOA for good.

>all this shit taste
Does it hurt to read and think a little, user?

I'll miss you but not reality.

Thanks, user. On a serious note I hope you enjoy my next work.

DOS Prompt
Corel draw

I will fix everything wiz man...
i will fix the world...

Gotta go with Changeling. The Eternal looks good at first, but being stuck alive, being unsettling, and ending up on strange worlds with no real way to adapt seems a bit much

>I'll miss you but not reality.
>not reality
nigga what

Would anyone here miss reality?

>It's significantly less complicated and in-depth than Stardust or Battlemage, there's just more to read

>or poorly constructed

More too read despite being simplier is not good. Obviously it's not a bad cyoa but you have to invest a lot of time to get any fun out of it.

I get what he means, and use it as a doctrine for when I make my CYOAs. Anything that requires the reader to think but doesn't directly stimulate them or change the way they perceive the scenario inevitably gets chopped off my works.

If you're playing a game of imagination, do you really want to spend it doing anything other than imagining?

How do you even read, the font is an assault on the senses

Do you miss reality? Reality is boring. Isn't that why we're here?

Anyone have the multi-page recent monstergirl survival cyoa that was posted in the last couple weeks? Iric, it wasn't 100% complete.

I couldn't find it in the archives and searching on deployed fob internet is stupidly slow. I'd rather survive sexy monstergirls than haji's.

Hey guys, just here to let you know that I'm changing the Zodiac Brides CYOA to Zodiac Husbands CYOA. All the new ones will be sexy men, and the old girls will be re-imagined as male. I finally came to terms with my sexuality, thanks to you all.

It's not really a game of pure imagination. You're inserting yourself into someone else's imagination. To that end, it may be beneficial to have more information about how they think of "their" world.

Unless it's something like Time Stop Chill Zone, which is purely for you.

No

NO.

I mean, we'd all either be dead or just not exist I guess, so no. No one would miss reality if it was gone.

>whoever made the MonHun CYOA
Ayy that's me, Bliss.

I am thinking hard about this one. Had some ideas but they were too similar to other ideas or discarded WiPs. I am always fascinated by fantasy, power and evil or chaotic neutral. Like demons.

Do you have any ideas?

At least you don't need to change Vignette since he was already cute husbando

aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BTW, just realized I was thinking of a different CYOA when I referred to Stardust. Stardust is pretty great, but I still prefer SDA's Angel/Demon CYOA more.

>Your Magic: Blue/Black High Tide
Arbitrarily large magical reserves, time manipulation, knowledge gathering through Demonic Tutor and Blue Sun's Zenith, and the swiss army knife that is Cunning Wish. Good start for me.

>Your fetish
I get off on god/priestess BDSM roleplay. With my High Tide powers, I've pretty much got the god part down, and now I can turn women (and feminine men) into my devoted priestesses.

>Your vehicle
Harlequin-painted/bashed DEldar Raider. A webway-hopping pirate ship with plenty of drugs and guns, and geometry-defying insides for a cozy experience.

So I'm pretty much the Doctor.

You'd be the greatest author here if you did that, you know?

I want an edit of this for Angel

>MonHun CYOA

This sounds interesting. Anyone have it?

Brilliant

Strange land
Adventure and melancholy
compendium, fellowship and transport

>Do you have any ideas?

I always have ideas. Whether they're any good is another question.

Let's say you have a fantasy world with evil demons who spread destruction and death wherever they can. The humans have some source of powers, classes, magic or whatever that allows them to fight the demons. Typical fantasy CYOA stuff. Here's where it gets unique. The CYOA would have a completely optional section of demonic magics, imbuements, and other things. Taking anything in this section grants you more power, but there's a chance of becoming corrupted. The more stuff you take, the greater the chance, though there should obviously be a limit to how much you can take for balance reasons. There wouldn't be any mechanics in the CYOA about becoming corrupted; it's more of a roleplay and build choice thing. Becoming corrupted makes it easier for demons to influence you, and you'll eventually consort with them for more power. Inspiration for this idea was taken from Diablo 2.

Oh for the love of...
That's it.
I'm tripping now.

Have the most up to date WIP to prove this dork isn't me.

NO
YOU WILL MAKE ME HUSBANDOS
AND YOU WILL MAKE THEM NOW

Now I feel like making supernatural waifu CYOA where you can hold hands with ms. Reality.
Don't worry, it'll probably pass so I won't subject you to it. Got other CYOAs to (never) finish.

Sorry, Fujoshi user, but that would defeat the purpose of a "Bride" CYOA.
Maybe I'll do a mix of waifus and husbandos if I decide to make another one, but this one is 100% waifu.

die you nigger

That's ok user Reality is a bitch

How many experience points would I garner from slaying the fujoshi whore?

Pitch me more stuff. Like things you'd really want to do or have. I might have some use for some of them.

Highlander

Wanted to drop this off again before I forgot about it, just on the off chance that anyone who might've been interested didn't see it.

Fujoshi Slayer sounds like a good name for a CYOA

Any chance you could make the green text for Suri a bit darker? It might be a bit easier to read that way.

I can't even really do this CYOA, every choice feels miserable. The only one that feels right in any way is !!!

>He actually made his cuck shit.
You're an inhuman shitstain. I hope all your future girlfriends and wives cheat on you.

It's that kind of the point?

No, the guy who made it is legitimately into NTR.

I love this one.

Mount:
>Wingwraith

Oddities:
>Small nation
>God of light
>Burned Man
>

Your mother regrets not getting that abortion.

DSA are you here?

I'm fairly certain that even people into NTR recognize the things wrong with it/forcing it on others.

They do, yet they get off on that wrongness. They're innately terrible people.

Get a name so I know who to hate in the future.

Hey, I hate myself for my terrible fetish, but I don't think I should persecuted for it unless I try to bring that shit into reality. They might hate themselves for what they get off to, but since I don't know that fucker I guess that doesn't matter.

Apathy is death.

You bring that shit around other people and they have a right to be disgusted with and despise you.

Revan understood snacks.

Fair enough. He did make a whole CYOA out of it.

Behead those who insult our desert rose

>Choose one of your figurines for waifu option
>The only figurine I have is a Diablos from Monster Hunter

Fuck it, why not?

The rest of the stuff aint too interesting, so

>Your Power
>Manga's technically a comic book
>Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Works for me.

>Your House

I don't really care, the mansion from Vice City I suppose.