Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Genestealing edition.

>Previous thread
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/20/new-warhammer-40000-stronghold-assault-may20gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=aqR7aepzCXc

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mjZcYAN
1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure
zinge.co.uk/collections/vehicles/products/apc-vehicle-conversion-kit-2-x-axels-4x-27mm-wheels-and-2-upgrade-forest-sprues
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for competitive 40k

Last for genestealer impregnation fantasies.

>Previous thread
Dayum, that's so true.

Oh my god, user... please tell me there's more

So this guy charges you gf from the other side of the table and hits her ass with 80 rending attacks
What do you do?

Ok, so instead of shitposting - do you think that pic related will stay as an Elite choice in 8th, or will it be taken back to the HQ slot ?

I'm wondering this since I started scratch-building my own with various random bits and a flyrant body.

Game over man. I simply welcome my new genestealer overlords.

>mfw
>also, captcha says "field stop"

Dunno, but definitely one of the coolest tyranids, lore-wise.

I hope HQ. commanding tyranids that are attacking pockets that survived the main onslaught to pick out worthy genetic material to incorpirate into the hive fleet.

>Tau pulse rifles are 30"
>Genestealers can charge 34"
>A dedicated melee unit with no guns can outrange the shootiest faction

>And everything was exactly as it should be.

How assmad would you be if someone used a night lord army as Carchardons?

>W-WHAAAT?!
>G-G-GUILLIMAN IS BAAACK?!?!
>NOOOOO!
>The primarchs have been proven to be corruptible! Power was given to us High Lords for a reason!
>If you trust Guilliman he'll put Primaris in your chapters to replace you!
>H-He'll bring back the legions! It will be anudda Istvaan!
>HE HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!!

I'm happy for you, 'Nid players.
Consume a riptide or two for me!

That's what you get for playing blueberries
I'd play them too, since I like their aesthetics, but since I prefer melee and since Tau's just can't into it instead of kroots and farsight himself, I gave my soul to the hivemind instead

>Not having a wall of kroot or a Devilfish to protect you Fire Warriors

Do you even 8th edition?

Not a tyranid player and I kinda dig that possibility. The onrush ought to be fast enough that sometimes you can only get off snap shots. Not always the case with random charge distances, but I like the possibility. It means sometimes you'll have to accept the casualties and just regroup while the rest of your army shoots them down.

It means the genestealers need to be pointed at a high value target, like they should be, and even then they might not make it.

What a coincidence I play nids, I just thought it was funny my guys can run further that your guys can shoot

Ork faction focus next plz

Having them wait so long to do it feels likee theyve got something to hide

>Oh my god, user... please tell me there's more
Working on it. Will probably draw some more tomorrow. Stay tuned.

>magos biologis in charge of backwater forge world delves into psychology/sociology to try to figure out how serfs tick to better motivate them
>makes shocking discovery: cute things are cute
>begins experimenting with Theory of Moe (named after an assistant); machines with more human/feminine aspects tend to increase productivity and morale, reduce mistreatment of machine spirits
>begins sequestering and indoctrinating young girls into local Machine Cult and Skitarii en masse, relying on Hive World imports for labor as prole population swings towards completely male
>invasive biomechanical reconstruction arrests physical growth; as (the appearance of) injury increases coefficient of Moe, warplate is scaled back in favor of subdermal plating, respirators are replaced with mechanical lungs and nasal filters, and artificial muscle compensates for smaller stature
>new Skitarii deployed in limited engagements, favorably edited data uplinks are screened to test audiences with favorable results
>recorded exploits (and later, daily lives out of combat) of Skitarii become cornerstone of forge world propaganda, with vidscreens erected everywhere and in every hab-block
>seeing what could have been their sisters or daughters fighting to protect them, and increasingly desperate for the touch of a woman, manufactorum output and registry for auxilliary forces explodes, fear of the Xeno subsumed by hate, to the point where recruits have to be turned down in droves to maintain production quotas
>Skitarii slowly allowed to retain more personality and autonomy/receive less training to increase Moe appeal and drama; Maniples are supported by forge world auxiliaries, and, in sufficiently dangerous situations, doctrina imperatives turn them into cold, analytical assassins/berserk killbots
>when bandages/cosmetic flesh/metalsculpting can't hide aging or disfigurement, Skitarii are recycled and replaced

TL;DR: Magos Biologis tries to increase productivity; inadvertently invents anime.

If it's your warlord, you get a special Ripper buffing strategem. That'd be fun.

Stop trying to make Magical Girl Warhammer happen.

>friend invites me to his lgs
>has some cool terrain
>decent amount of shit in stock
>check prices
>MSRP or higher
>mfw

That is the first shop I've been to that wasn't at least 15% off msrp. I wanted to buy something, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

This is... beautiful, user.

I'd watch that show.

It only needs a 300 point unique character and a 1-in-216 roll to work! Now you can finally kill those five FW!

You underestimate how wide 20 Genestealers are.

Completely buttflustered

That's assuming they aren't charging from an outflanking or deep striking or infiltrating position.

>can't deepstrike within 9 inches
>can't crash your drop pods into enemy units

I've never been to a lgs that wasn't msrp.

no

Thanks!
The real question is: How would I model them?

I never understood this, since this is basically the entire point of using them in every non-tabletop medium.

I'm guessing you guys have some experience with recasters. The one I see referenced a lot around here is 'the chinaman', which I guess is probably CCON or Z.

Does anyone have any experience with Fast & Cheap? They are russian, have an actual website you can order through and offer free shipping.

G-guys...

Will my deathwatch be good in this edition?

>I never understood this,

Gameplay must take precedence over fluff.

Honestly, despite being very cynical about the new rules fixing the game, I think there is actually a reasonable chance every army and most units will be 'good enough' that skill and luck become the main deciding factors.

But it depends entirely on points costs. We've seen like three actual points costs, plus another half-dozen or so power ratings which we aren't sure how to translate. There's nothing like enough information yet to judge if the game is balanced and if not, in who's favour it is unbalanced.

That said, I very much doubt that your existing models are going to stay competitive if the game is at all unbalanced. They are old marines, exactly the range that GW feel the least need to support now that the new improved marines have arrived. If deathwatch are good, it will be because they have the best primaris units, not because their existing guys are good.

With the stat-line for regular dreadnoughts being confirmed, what are your thoughts for how their leviathan brethren will stack up in the new edition?

Will they be just as durable? Even more so?

Why?

All my dudes are getting buffed. Everyone told me terminators and dreads were shit, but I loved them and ran them. Now they're going to be good and people will think I'm a bandwagoning WAACfag. What do I do?

I could see them becoming t8 2+ save maybe 10ish wounds

The only non-china I used was Legion Forge, and I loved what they made. In fact, I'm kind of sad that their 40k was taken down because I wanted to order more shoulders and shit for my Night Lords. I think they were Ukraine based, though.

You're just gonna have to kill yourself

Can someone tell me what all the tyranid hype is about?
I read the faction focus, what did i miss?

But I've already tried that...

tell them to fuck off if they have any problem with you, Terminators and Dreadnoughts are one of the best parts of playing Space Marines

Considering how hard they got shat on throughout 6th and 7th edition its about damn time they became tanky again

High to extreme movement/charge ranges depending on how well you roll. Plus synapse makes you immune to morale. Since bad morale rolls incur more casualties instead of falling back, tyranid blobs will be more resilient.

Tyranids are fast as fuck and good at melee, expect guaranteed T1 charges and put you back line stuff in transports or it will be raped to death by bugs

I mean, an army of practically sternguard surely should pack a punch right?

So, I guess my lore is out of date (been out of the game since 5th), do Harlequins no longer use possession and self-exorcism to recruit new members anymore?

So shooty nids will be shit?
Fuck, i like my shooty nids..

What are you guys doing tonight?
I painted my first black templar. I really didn't enjoy it, I don't think I'm gonna do space marine allies to my guard...

Well, kraken penetrators might translate well into 8th edition, since AP -1 is way better than AP 4 was. Also, they seem very close to the new marines' basic gun, so that's likely to be at least somewhat useful.

Power armour got tougher and much better in cover, so shooty marine units are looking good.

Heavy bolters and heavy flamers both seem good, so that big combi-weapon thing should rock pretty hard.

Trygons burrow in with a unit of 20 Genestealers + Broodlord, Swarmlord casts Hive Commander on them. Boom, guaranteed turn 1 charge generating 80 attacks hitting on 2+.

Don't know yet, only Genestealers and the Swarmlord were really talked about.

Warriors are apparently more resilient due to the changes in 8th, whilst pyrovores are meant to be good or so he says.

So I guess we'll wait. Would be nice to get some decent firepower though, hopefully the Rupture Cannon actually lives up to its fluff

Everyone stop sperging out and post pics of the table(s) where you play.

Below the table are several large totes of terrain for classic 40K golf course forest, desert, ash wastes, hive world, and death world jungles.

Well, considering that Genestealers, the Swarmlord, Warriors, and Pyrovores were all some of the worst units in the last codex, the fact that they're seeing improvements across the board is a good sign.

Don't reserves come at Turn 2+?

How can the Trygon burrow with the genestealers T1 and attack in the same turn?

>I never understood this, since this is basically the entire point of using them in every non-tabletop medium.
That was just the rule for Trygons, though. It's safe to assume it won't be identical for Drop Pods.

Yet I still don't understand how Warriors got better. Their T and W is literally the same right now, yet they wrote they are more durable.

Terminators got an extra wound, why not Warriors?

Post models that need to be updated.

My wife Yvraine is so cute.

The real question is what till the stats on a chaos contemptor be? Loyalist variant is fine too.

Working on said contemptor.

No more ID and they're wounded on 3+ instead of 2+ at S6 and S7

I think someone said this thing turned 25 years old.

They're improved by the removal of instant death, which had been their biggest problem.

Well, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, that they no longer lose as much from weapons with AP. AP 4 is now -1 and leaves them with a 5+, and you need a Lascannon to ignore their save entirely.

Also, even with toughness 4, they're now wounded on 3+ by S6/7 guns. That helps them out a lot against the likes of autocannons.

Finally, having 3 wounds matters more now that Instant death isn't a thing. A Lascannon that used to be a certain kill now has a 1/3 shot of falling short.

I do hope they take the chance to add in some cool biomorph options though. Now that specific toughness, wound, and save values are less key, paying points for an increase wouldn't be as drastic or hard to balance for.

Garagehammer table from yesterday. We set it up for my friend and I's first game of SW:A.

Use the heavy flamer I have on overwatch. Nobody is getting cucked exceot for that genestealer!

/40kg/ Discord: discord.gg/mjZcYAN

All are welcome, steadily growing, various channels are set up such as WIPs, fluff talk, listbuilding/tactics, and tabletop simulator.

>One heavy flamer

That'll do great. 6 shots if you're lucky, wounding on 3s, only a 5+ invuln save to protect them.

That'll probably kill 1 or 2!

Got ya covered

That must suck, user. I've never been to a LGS that sold MSRP or above. Maybe paint but thats it.

Welcome to 8e, friend.

Man, although it's unlikely that non-aligned legions will get anything new I really wish they got some cool toys. I feel bad for those who aren't in servitude towards on of the gods and are likely not getting cool new models. Can you imagine something like at the very least a new set of hq kits in the manner of exalted sorcerers? Dark apostles for WB (maybe with some sorcerer options for alt builds), Warsmiths with options for warpsmiths, or a more raptor/warp talon looking jump pack chaos lord for NL.
Hell, if they got new terminators and stuff like we did then WB could get possessed terminators, IW could get siege terminators like those from HH, and NL could get something or another like that fan concept of heavy raptors perhaps? I dunno
I feel bad for you guys.

I have a request user senpai please draw pictures for the hivestrain azure story!

1d4chan.org/wiki/Hivestrain_Azure

The thing needs to be like 1/3 shorter and 1/3 more broad (at least the crew/passenger section)

But I know realistic proportions are anathema to 40k

How do you know it hasn't happened on some world in the imperium?

nein.

zinge.co.uk/collections/vehicles/products/apc-vehicle-conversion-kit-2-x-axels-4x-27mm-wheels-and-2-upgrade-forest-sprues

this one is best

Odds on Lychguard getting a nice rule for their shields as a defensive melee unit to counter stuff like super charge nids?

>tiny Tzeentch Daemon taking the form of an innocent animal goes around teaching young girls heretical sorcery so they can change the world for the better
>magical girl fights evil, tiny daemon summons bigger daemons to terrorize the populace, claim souls, and continue propping her up as a hero
>eventually becomes sorcererous queen of the planet
>has grown jaded and paranoid after years of conflict, summoning daemons on her own to watch people
>tiny daemon starts it all over and finds another girl to empower to take down the first

Could I get a link to take a look?

You mean like a 3++ invuln so they just don't die to the 80 attacks and then kill the genestealers afterwards?

>yfw Wraiths are even more bullshit in 8th

Pfft get on my level. I finished painting my dark eldar right before the GS2 leaks.

>80 attacks hitting on 2's and wounding on 5's against a 3++ and 4++
>deals roughly 4 wounds on average

huh, yeah assuming lychguard are 2 wounds each the genestealers are fucked.

>Don't reserves come at Turn 2+?
Not in this edition they don't

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/17/new-warhammer-40000-reserves-and-deep-striking-may17gw-homepage-post-4/

>"At the end of any of your Movement phases, set up the Trygon anywhere on the battlefield more the 9" away from any enemy models."

Genestealers have Movement 8. Swarmlord can give them an extra move during the shooting phase. Your do the math.

Fingers crossed for plastic berzerkers before the end of the year.

Two eldar related questions:

1) Could the Eldar Empire, at its height, repel the Tyranids?
2) Now that the Tyranids have shown up, why don't the Eldar take some inspiration from the Tyrands and GTFO the galaxy?

> I really didn't enjoy it
Why not? Was it something about the sculpt or color scheme?

He looks good to me.

I really hope so. I love lychguard so much, they're one of the reasons I started Necrons before also starting Thousand Sons once they got updated since space egyptians of both kinds are sexy
>that one scene in the world engine where the lychguard challenges the assault marine to a one on one in glorious melee combat

1) Likely they'd lose a few worlds early on but would pretty quickly change to hunting nids for sport and having enough psychic strength to just overpower the Shadow in the Warp

2)They probably assume they can take out the Tyranids eventually thanks to their remaining big guns from their glory days and manipulating other races and the Webway is only in the Milky Way

1) Most likely yes, though they might need to get off their asses to do so. During the reign of the Eldar they were mostly above any concerns of real conquest, which is why the physical remnants of their rein on the galaxy pretty much just amount to the webway.

With full control over the galaxy and nothing to oppose them though? I think they could do it. Especially since Orks were still around back then to trick into fighting the bugs.

2) I think they've pondered leaving beforehand, though the answer basically boils down to the risk that Chaos might follow them to another galaxy.

It's a little dirty right now but this is where I play. I built this table in my attic and use it for games with friends that live nearby as the nearest store is pretty far away.

Love the old school ork dwellings on your shelf user. Really excellent. Brings me back.

Aren't they already plastic? Regardless, I hope they get updated, look really nice, and have it like the rubric kit where there are both enough chainaxes or chainswords for everyone instead of a forced mix just so my bud has cool new guys to field and stuff

Oh my fucking god it flipped the image again