The Next Primarch to Return

Not that anyone cares about Khan or the Scars, but shouldn't Jaghatai logically be the next Primarch to return? There's literally no reason for him to still be missing after the Gathering Storm books.

He's dead.

No but seriously, the reason he isn't back isn't back is because they don't think people care. Same reason they had Primaris marines be a thing instead of just saying they were updating all Space Marines to true-scale: they thought it would make less money.

Why do 40k players start threads like this instead of asking in /40kg/?

Veeky Forums is /40kg/

It'll be Sanguinius.
He'll light up the night in the Dark Imperium,

>logically next
They brought back gman because he's the most blue to go with their blue doods. That's it. He'd had his throat fatally cut open by hellpoisondeathbladedoombads, and got better. Its a fictional universe with a 10 000 year old psychic lighthouse man. They could probably asspull ferus back at this point and people would buy it.

I'm so sick of GW's self fulfilling prophesies.
>This won't sell, so we won't make anything
>We won't buy it because GW won't make it.

Okay, look, let's run this down.
Even though the Ultras aren't my favorites, Gully did make the most sense to be the first Loyal Primarch to show up - he's a logistics guy, the Empire could use one of those, the Primaris thing, etc, etc.
Now, I'm assuming we'll get the other three Daemon Primarchs, at least, so, based on nothing whatsoever, I'm assuming three more Loyalist Primarchs coming back.
We've got:
Sanguinus (Dead, but everyone around here assumes that 40k writers use the lore for toilet paper, so don't let that stop you, I guess?)
Dorn (mia? confirmed dead? I don't know what's true and what's tts meme)
Khan (disappeared)
Corvus (don't remember what happened to him)
Russ (yip-yip)
Ferrus (also dead, but there's the weird clone thing going on, I guess)
Lion (terribly mysterious, but technically still alive)
Vulkan (also not dead, I think...I can't remember if confirmed dead, and if confirmed dead, I can't remember if Highlanders are still canon or not.)
So, who makes sense to bring back? Most of these guys are gonna be 'who the crap is that', honestly, so it's a matter of what makes sense for the Crusade and the Dark Imperium.

My guesses would be the Lion, Russ and vulkan. The lion and Russ don't get along well and are not confirmed dead so they would be good for the story Vulkan like the emperor and Olanius Pious are prepetuals meaning Vulkan can't die I feel he will returnbecause of it I also think alpharius and Corax will come back

Sanguinius should not be brought back, have the Sanguinor buffed up to primarch level and maybe explain that its the psychic gestalt of the BA made manifest, like a collective of sorts that counter-acts their curse which is also psychic and collective.

The IF are going to bust IW out of their hole according to GW and their minis and successor minis were taken off for pictures a while ago, so expect something to happen around that which could lead to finding Dorn, maybe Perty has been torturing him for millenia in his personal dungeon.

Ferrus is fucking dead though it'd be cool to have the Legion of the Damned with a giant legionnaire with burning hands and a burning skull.

Who's next? Im betting on Dorn or the Lion after Mortarion's released.

It should be Dorn.

The fluff is really well laid out for him to make a unique return. Let's review the facts.

>"Died" in uncertain circumstances by being mobbed by a bunch of Chaos randos in a black crusade
>His remains are retrieved even though Chaos randos ought to have parted him out for trophies immediately, but wasn't
>They supposedly have his whole skeleton, but for some reason his hand is treated with special attention

I think it'd be pretty great if instead of dying, Dorn was mortally wounded, losing his hand in the process. Moments before death he (and his hand) was retrieved by some fists. Realizing that he's about to die, his fists (or him if he's conscious enough) decide to inter him in a dreadnought. Not just a basic dreadnought obviously, but a unique primarch sized dreadnought.

It'd explain why his fist is so important even though they have his whole skeleton. It'd be pretty unique as he'd be the only dreadnought primarch and it opens the door for a super cool model. It also fits with his whole masochism and "I must suffer for muh humanity" theme since being a dread is apparently a pretty shit existence. He and girlyman also had tension in the past that could resurface and make an interesting plot device in the current story. Overall I think it'd be a good idea, but I doubt GW would go this route.

Corax left out of shame and self pity, which is still more justification than Khans crusade to kill a few Dark Eldar.

If three more loyalists, I'd put my money on Dorn, Vulkan, and Corax... maybe Omegon. Codex chapters sell well and putting primarchs in the main book could promt people to actually buy the models.

Or we might just get giant Kaldor Draigo and Cato Sicarius models, idk. The new characters and updated profiles are what I'm most looking forward to in 8th.

If we assume (based on nothing) that we're getting all 4 DP, and further assume (based on nothing) that we get further Loyalists, based on what's come up in lore recently (plus love for their chapters), then maybe...
>Magnus
>Gully
>Mortarion
>Dorn
>Fulgrim
>Lion
>Angron
>Russ
I dunno, I could see it.
If one wants to go *really* crazy, they can assume Pert Lorg and Omeg showing up, resulting in 3 more loyalists, but that's stretching this even more implausibly.

>the Khan should be back
WHO?

>Sanguinius should be back
no. that would cheapen his sacrifice against Horus. he is dead and he should stay dead.

>Ferrus should be back
as a headless horseman, maybe. otherwise, no.

>the Lion should be back.
he's a legit choice. he would also introduce some internal conflict in the Imperium, so good for the story.

>Russ should be back
yeah. maybe. SW fanbois are already insufferable, but if he drives SW away from WOLFWOLFMCWOLFSON towards frikkin space vikings, then sure.
he's also a good foil to Magnus.

>Vulkan should be back
I guess. He's pretty meh tier though.

>Dorn should be back
if they can fluff it, sure. much better choice than bringing the Khan back.

>Corax should be back
also a good choice. the Imperium needs more reasonable people.

kek

>Veeky Forums is /40kg/

he's right.

corax, vulkan, khan, and ferrus just aren't that popular though, that's the real reason. Sanguinius, lion, and dorn are big favorites, and make the most money and hype.

I really wish that the Khan was less of a 'WHO?', but you're right. Being the guy all about the bikes, when we already had the Dangles, is a great way to stay redundant.
(This is probably similar to my general feeling that Ferrus has been served badly by lore, but there's not really any fixing that when its your job to be BTFO by the setting's resident hand-to-hand badass.)

Yeah at the same way as Veeky Forums is /EAg/

Ya'll seem to be forgetting that Guilliman is the only primarch they actually had access to. All the others are missing, presumed dead. Unless they were planning to build a new rogal dorn from his skeleton hand.

They have the most important thing necessary to bring back a Primarch...
GW's love of money.

The Dream Team would be Dorn, Corax, and Lion. Russ should go all chaos-y; you don't fuck around with the warp that much and get away with it. Khan and Vulkan.... idk. Who cares, 'nids got 'em.

Actually, I'm curious to see that Rowboat has to say about Tyranids. Can't imagine he's thrilled.

honestly they should bring back Dorn, the Lion, and Russ. and maybe Corax, but 4 loyalist primarchs are more than enough, and I doubt there is any real demand for the rest of them. Corax is already stretching it.

Guilliman, Dorn, Russ, and the Lion are the real power players here anyway.
as for the traitor primarchs, Mortarion, Fulgrim, and Angron are obvious choices. Lorgar isn't an active player in the fluff. I can see Perturabo coming back though.

Alpharius/Omegon should be left alone.

I'd really like to see non-Marine factions have Primarch-Equivalents turn up if that happens.

>Actually, I'm curious to see that Rowboat has to say about Tyranids. Can't imagine he's thrilled.

yeah. I'm also waiting on him to weigh in on that problem. GW is focusing too much on Chaos. I'm really hoping we get some fluff on what the big guy thinks of nids, necrons, and the tau stepping on the Imperium's toes.

Well eldar pretty much have theirs now

I dunno, it depends how much the new lore references 30k. I'm sure a lot of fans want to see a reckoning from Lorgar and friends.

Pert is pretty irrelevant, though. They made him a daemon just because everyone else was.

A lot of factions less so. Tau/Orks/Guard for example are all lacking there.

I doubt that will happen. But eldar could really use some update on the Phoenix Lords. Avatars maybe.
Tau don't have anything of the same tier.
Maybe necrons can have some high echelon lords - the Silent King comes to mind. maybe updated rules for C'tan shards.
Nids got the Swarmlord. Update his rules and you pretty much got a primarch equivalent.

what else?

The high leader of the SOB is currently missing. Her ship vanished in the warp and hasn't turned up yet.

As a result, her seat on the High Lords is empty.

C'Tan don't really work for Necrons. They are powerful but not really leaders for them.

>Pert is pretty irrelevant, though. They made him a daemon just because everyone else was.
yeah. that's true. >

>53367422
>A lot of factions less so. Tau/Orks/Guard for example are all lacking there.
Orks probably won't get any. Other than an Ullanor tier warboss showing up.

Guard... unlikely. if GW can make one good change to how factions work now, they should eliminate the separation between imperial factions, so you can run Guard alongside Marines or AdMech, or Sisters.
probably will be so anyway, so there's no reason to not give Guard access to the Primarchs.

He'd probably advocate for the annihilation or capitulation for the Tau depending on how much he regards their cultural achievements. Most likely he'd want to just commit a few chapters to surrounding their systems and turning them to glass.

He'd probably think necrons are minor threats, too spread out and nebulous to be much of an issue.

Tyranids are the real interesting ones. Can't think of them in tactical terms, can't out-maneuver them, can't isolate or attack their supply chains. Plus, they almost took out his little segmentum.

I'm blanking on that piece of the fluff. could you elaborate on this?

>C'Tan don't really work for Necrons. They are powerful but not really leaders for them.
they don't necessarily have to be leaders though.

I don't think tau or guard should have one. It wouldn't match their motifs.

>I'm blanking on that piece of the fluff. could you elaborate on this?

She's an old 2e Special Character who's ship vanished in the warp because they didn't have a model for her when they transfered to 3e.

Helena the Virtuous. She is actually the origin of the Ethereal's morale rules (Complete with your army freaking the fuck out as she dies as she's that important to the Imperium that even marines might break if they see her die).

>they don't necessarily have to be leaders though.

To fill the same role as primarchs they sorta do. It's not so much the fighting capabilities of the primarchs that makes them exceptionally notable. It's thier role as leaders of actions/the big cheese.

Eh, give Guard a big tank and give Gazghull a Primeork statline.

The lion is alive and well sleeping on the rock.
My source is the dark angels 7th ed codex

A tank isn't much of a leader. Pity Lord Commander Solar Macharius is confirmed dead rather than missing.

Are you suggesting the Dark Angels should use metagaming knowledge?

Doesnt stop GW from giving macharius rules, I mean Cap Tycho has been dead for 10+ years and he gets a model.

Just have Guilliman name a new Warmaster and give him rules, bam , IG have a new character.

Yeah, that would work out.

Warmaster Creed or such.

I think we all know it's Ferrus Manus. Despite being decapitated the incredible strength of a Primarch's soul, much like a Daemon's essence, can survive the destruction of it's mortal host.

He merely needed to find a new host. One strong enough to serve as a vessel for massive energy of a Primarch's very being. A normal human would never stand a chance, not even a Space Marine could hope to. No it would need to be someone heavily augmented and with access to the greatest medical and mechanical technologies in order to prepare themselves. Someone who knew enough to improve the human form even beyond that of the Emperor's work. Someone even a Primarch could trust implacably.

Cawl is Ferrus Manus.

Well, Chaos just hasn't been getting a lot of love lately! So we've got to fix that first.

uggggggggh that would be the day I quit 40k forever. Cawl is already on track to steal the Mary Sue crown; making him the host of a dead primarch would just be too fucking stupid.

>give Guard access to the Primarchs.
Okay, now I want Russ back. For some reason, he strikes me as the most likely to be Quixotic if placed alone with the IG.
"COME, TINY MARINES! FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY!!"

That would be pretty shit. People can do stuff without being marines.

Honestly I'd love for Russ to show up. If not because he's kinda cool, then because he'll hopefully get rid of the furries. In general though, I think it should be Lion and then one or two of the MIA primarchs.

That's stupid enough I could see GW do it.

I agree, that would be pretty awesome.

I'd almost rather they go with 'FM faked his death, got cybered-up to survive his wounds, and has been hiding on Mars for 10k years' at that point.

I have been expecting for about as long as people have been predicting plastic Sisters that Perturabo will get retconed into not being a Daemon Prince.

It's just so utterly stupid. The whole Iron Warrior thing is resolve, self reliance, and cold logic. Willingly making himself the pawn of a group of supernatural dicks that he thinks pretty darn poorly of spits in the face of his character.

He doesn't give a shit about whatever magic wizard powers they can give him. Above all else Perturabo is his own man.

It's gonna be russ and the lion. They each have larger playerbases (due to their chapters having separate codices ) than the other remaining primarchs.

Yeah, I'm not really sure which Primarch is best 'suited' to facing the Tyrannids.
>that pic
I appreciate that the guardsman has asked himself what the Commissar would do if he were still alive.

Fulgrim staying his hand at the last moment and only badly wounding and kidnapping Ferrus would be a tragic story.

If Fabius cloned him who's to say that the skull Fulgrim gave Horus wasn't from one of them?

On the one hand, I don't mind it as a shitty tragic fate for one of the more tragic figures amongst the Primarchs. Especially since I've seen it fluffed as him basically being tricked/trapped into it by others (or am I thinking of Angron?)
On the other hand, it's also a waste. Like, the four main Daemon Primarchs work really well as concepts, but people can't even bother coming up for what Daemon Pert should be like.
And yet, because we can't have any of them survive and *not* be Daemons, I'm not sure what you'd have him do otherwise. Just sitting in a perfect fortress world, sulking and telling Abaddon to get fucked?

Honestly, I would love it if Ferrus survived.
I've always felt the worst for him, as I said upthread.
But end of the day, him and Khan are probably tied for 'nobody cares', so I doubt he'll be seen any time soon. (Unless they're bringing everyone back, which would probably be a gloriously terrible idea.)

Youre thinking of Angron, Pert ascended on his own when he sacrificed the geneseed of the dead IF that were killed in the iron cage incident.

Right, momentary brain fart. Means that there's even less reason for Pert to be a Daemon.
I mean, yes, earned through the Iron Cage, but honestly, the Cage should be about him finally beating Dorn, not about him getting some 'reward'.
(And I say this as an Impfag rather than a Chaosfag.)

>I'm not sure what you'd have him do otherwise.

Build. All he ever really wanted to do was build. He had incredible dreams, drew plans for beautiful palaces and stadiums (he designed the building the Council of Nikaea took place in and hated that it was used for such a divisive purpose), and created mechanical models of unparalleled craftsmanship.

Let him remain on Medrengard building the things of his dreams. His sons fight one another in their own version of The Great Game and the fickle gods give and take from all the others who sided with Horus. Let him remain away from all that. A distant man who has become too tired to take sides in wars and struggles that are as pointless as they are endless.

The Tyrant of Lochus is dead. The Emperor is dead. Horus is dead. Finally Perturabo can be free.

But we can't have nice things, user.

Dorn is highly redundant.

Khan does make sense as a dude coming back. The galaxy is torn asunder and if any fucking knows about traveling the fringes in long distance missions, it's Khan.

I swear I will have a fucking aneurysm if it's Russ

The Imperial Fists are crusading again, so Dorn is the logical choice. Plus he's the builder of the loyalists, and with the Indomitus Crusade they need to fortify their positions. For the Imperium.

Sanguinius in one way or another for the Dark Imperium. Since Baal is up next on the menu, Sanguinius is most likely to come back first.

On the other side, Mortarion is sure to come back with the beginning of the 8th edition.

The Khan and Vulkan might come back for flavour.

My hope is GWs announce Russ and Johnson never come back just so I can listen to the weeping and gnashing of teeth on Veeky Forums for years to come.

This. Pert should have taken his legion and fucked off as a mad hermit after the heresy, building up his own little fiefdom. Fluff-wise, he should be closer to Huron Blackheart than Lorgar.

It'd be an easy retcon, though. He doesn't show up much in the lore after the Heresy and there's no fluff about his ascension whatsoever. They could write it off as an intentional misdirection by himself or even Magnus.

The fluff for my IWs is that after the Siege of Terra they took a bunch of warships, looted a forge world of most of it's assets and then fucked off into the halo stars to live as renegades and try and build a new Olympia. I could easily see Pertruabo doing the same thing on a larger scale.

Fuck, this is so cool. I'd love if GW saw this and took this route.

From the most likely to least likely to get a release considering we'll have one Loyalist Primarch for each of their chaotic counterparts (6 in total) :

>Russ
200% in. He's a great counterpart to Magnus, he's from one of the most popular chapter, he was never confirmed dead.

>Lion
Confirmed to be alive and well in the latest DA lore, also from one of the most iconic chapters, definitely in. Also, bringing him back would give some political tensions to the Imperium.

>Vulkan
Latest BL and Salamanders lore hint that he'll come back eventually, plus he's an Eternal so he can't really be dead.

>Khan
Technically alive but isn't from a popular chapter and isn't mentioned in latest lore, maybe will get a release later

>Corax
See above

>Dorn
Basically confirmed dead since his skeletal fist his worshiped as a relic. I don't think they would asspull some resurection bullshit on him. Would make a great antagonist to Perturabo tho.

>Sanguinius
Eventho he's from a popular chapter and is well liked, his sacrifice is too iconic to be wasted by some random bullshit resurection. I don't think they'll bring him back from the dead

>Ferrus
Deader than dead ten thousand years ago, never mentioned after that, no one cares.

So, my guess would be Guilliman (allready out), Russ, Lion, Vulkan, Khan and Corax.

You guys are dumb if you think GW won't just pull some magical shit out of their ass to retcon the lore.
Sanguinius is dead but the Sanguinor could be a psychic manifestation of him, etc. etc. etc. resurrection.

>>Dorn
>Basically confirmed dead since his skeletal fist his worshiped as a relic. I don't think they would asspull some resurection bullshit on him. Would make a great antagonist to Perturabo tho.
The skeleton thing is uncertain. Also, he was mentionned by Vulkan in the Beast series in a vague manner that might hint to him being alive.
>>Sanguinius
>Eventho he's from a popular chapter and is well liked, his sacrifice is too iconic to be wasted by some random bullshit resurection. I don't think they'll bring him back from the dead
It has been said the fight onboard the Vengeful Spirit will be changed. Anything goes right now.

Russ and Lion are the most likely loyalists to return next. SW are dying and will reject the Primaris Marines, so they will need to find Russ and the 13th to stave off their extinction - and that means journeying into the Maledictum.

The cat's out of the bag for the Dark Angels regarding the Fallen. Guilliman knows or at least figured out their little secret by now. They will not submit themselves to Guilliman's control or Inquisition investigation. Their schism from the Imperium is imminent.

The first primarchs to get plastic models will be any that have plastic models of their legion. For loyalists, that's BA, DA, or SW. Ravens and Scars are out because of the lack of unique units. Why release a centerpiece for an army that's just vanilla space marines when Guilliman is already out?

To sell more models. Half of Deathwatch model line is just Space Marine models with Deathwatch bits. A biker squad box with White Scars flavor bits and a tac squad box that's essentially a repurposed Space Wolves squad box isn't out of the question.

>Dorn
>The skeleton thing is uncertain.
He is a boring character and a shit tier primarch. The setting is better off with him being dead.

I'm feeling like it'll be the Lion, if only due to Cypher being back and his sword being in focus in Gathering Storm. Last thing that convinced me was the rumour engine thing, since it wouldn't surprise me if the Lion had a lion shoulder.

Be that as it may, there is canon conflict regarding the whereabouts of everything but his hand.

Also fuck off, Dorn is a great Primarch

>Corax left out of shame and self pity, which is still more justification than Khans crusade to kill a few Dark Eldar.
While he's had 10,000 years to figure it the fuck out, he can't really be blamed for getting stuck in the webway initially.

I haven't really been following Pert's storyline in the HH books, aside from reading Angel Exterminatus and the short story with Pollux, but he apparently is kinda hung up on being rewarded.

And theoretically Omegon could be 'alive'... but honestly let's just avoid that whole mess because other anons are right about how lame it would be, and I say that as an Alpha Legion fan who's probably going to paint a squad of Primaris Marines up in their colours for the lulz.

The big problem with both Lorgar and Perturbo though is that they break the '4 god mold' that GW has decided on when it comes to Chaos. Because Lorgar is definitely Chaos Undivided, while Perty probably is.

Also Perturbo did fuck off and become a hermit after the Heresy, under the current fluff. He basically rebuilt Olympia, except dialed the whole "castles and fortresses!" thing up to 12.

>Codex chapters sell well
Dangles and wuffs sell better once you take guilliman's chapters out of the picture.

From the perspective of GW, if I were to take three more it'd definitely be lion and russ, with the third probably being dorn, to catch the second-largest pool of codex-chapters.

Isn't this what Celestine is for?

I like the Ultramarines but literally any other Primarch would have been more interesting to bring back. NuRoboute is basically just a mini Emperor. He doesn't have any of the major personality flaws that plagued his brothers. He's just a reasonable guy who's very competent at governing and math. That's boring as shit.

It's cool, original, and fits the character pre-established lore.
And that's qhy GW wpould never do it.

>tfw Dorn is a Knight sized dreadnought
Fund it!

I can't wait

>I'm also waiting on him to weigh in on that problem.

He rightfully puts them as a minor threat compared to Chaos.

They have saint celestine.
I really doubt sob will get anything else.

I miss get reagybto check yourself into a hospital then. No way they don't bring back King Yiff. The space corgi fanbois can always be counted on to throw out a lot of cash on even the most retarded looking models.

>>Ferrus should be back
>as a headless horseman, maybe. otherwise, no.

I would be hype for a headless warp spirit/ghost that torments Fulgrim who THINKS it's Ferrus

>Okay, now I want Russ back. For some reason, he strikes me as the most likely to be Quixotic if placed alone with the IG.
>"COME, TINY MARINES! FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY!!"

There's a reason they named their main battle tank after him. Originally it was because he was OG with the guard, and also designed it and it's standardized parts. Kind of hard to imagine Nu-Russ designing anything, he probably made Bjorn do it

>The Tyrant of Lochus is dead. The Emperor is dead. Horus is dead. Finally Perturabo can be free.

Unfortunately, this isn't how Chaos works.

The reason he's still missing is because he's FUCKING DEAD

If Sanguinus does come back, they should have it done through warp-fuckery, call it a clone and have him fall to Khorne, so he could have a final duel with the Sanguinor representing the hope of the Blood Angels and clone-Sanguinus representing their rage (especially since he triggered the Black Rage). Just bringing him back really ruins the point of his sacrifice.

calling it now order in which primarches will come out

Mortarian (Confirmed)
Lion
Fulgrim
Russ
Angron
Dorn
Pertorobo
Anyone game after that.

You're right, it is cool and a great idea. But i love Dorn and i couldn't stand to see him like that.

That would be beyond dumb.

>plebian: the post

Legion of the Damned Ferrus Manus -might- not be a bad idea.

I think the new explanation is that he conquered the planet they found the STC for it on.

You might have come up with the only good "Chaos Sanguinius" idea so far.

But in general I fucking HATE all of them, and I'm not even a Blood Angels fan. It just shits all over everything the guy stands for as the noblest character in all of 40K. Especially since he rebuffed Chaos at least 2 twice (on Signus Prime, and when confronting Horus).

Rule of cool brother. It dominates all. This has been the bane of us imperial fists since time immemorial. When we vowed to hold the walls of the palace on terra our skill was made a mockery by forces who decided, and now i quote:
>wait, they cant get in there? What the hell thats so lame! Why do you want a book about a bunch of dudes standing on a wall? Im gonna write a book that makes them fail on the wall and shit.
And lo, it was made 'cool' at the expense of our honor. Many times, and over many years, have the imperial fists, 7th of the legions, but first for Terra alone, has our name been spent and our glory lost to those around us with the choloer and color to best us.

And so i ask you, would you not vaunt the primarch's return? Would you not embrace it, even if it meant that he must return a shell of himself in a shell and metal mockery of life? Praise be to the Emporer, for his son will return, and only time will tell if this be true or folly in plan and deed.

+++ Thought for the day+++
>at what point does a primarch dreadnaught reach Tau levels of giant mech? And if they fought, would it be just as cool?

>Fistfags, who're just Ultramarines but worse, think their shitty nothing Primarch will be back anytime soon.

Russ, Lion or Sangunius are next.

In all honesty Guilliman would have been the perfect Primarch to put into a Dreadnought.

>Consistent transfer from a static coffin to a walking coffin
> Keeps with the 40k theme of tech stagnation and lost glory while offering hope
> Cassian Dracos: Primarch edition
> Perfectness of smurfmarines taken down a notch but still showing the best of their steadfastness and courage
> Contrast of being physically broken but brutally strong
> Can still give great advice and planning but countered by being groggy from Dreadnought sleepytimes
> Gathering storm 3 focuses more on his secret contingencies set up across the galaxy and ends with him heading to Mars with Cawl where he busts open the Primaris vault

Emphasises more on the urgency and desperation of the situation turning into faint hope, rather than the string of unabashed Chaos BTFO and big name jobbing we got.

Only manchildren and autists see The Fists as anything other then one of the absolute best Legions/Chapters and the embodiment of The Emperor's greatest virtues.
t.Blood Angel

Also, i do want Dorn back. Very much. But seeing him in that state would be heart-wrenching.