Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Orky Economics Edition

>Prev. Thread

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/20/new-warhammer-40000-stronghold-assault-may20gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=aqR7aepzCXc

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

First for apologize to the Primarine leaker

2nd for Walkers aren't Vehicles

Second for whatever army is your favorite!

Nth for these threads are gonna keep being shitty till 8th drops.

does anyone know where to get a rogue trader style space marine

>implying these threads won't be shitty after 8th drops due to all the raging by butthurt Tau and Eldar players over how badly their stuff got nerfed by GW, and how everyone else is complaining that their armies are all fighting on level playing fields instead of being able to dominate the knife ears and fish faces like they did to everyone else for years.

Thanks captain obvious

>tfw no sisters of battle with ab-plate

Ebay

Alternately, garage sales

Why though?

What do you think the legion HQs and terminators will be like that haven't been teased at yet? Also, just for funsies, if non-cult legions were to get stuff what might you want to see for them too?
>WE get red butchers and chaos lords using power/chainaxes plus juggernaut option
>EC have some sort of noise terminators, maybe still named phoenix guard but not pure melee anymore
>IW get tyrant siege terminators and warsmith kit, perhaps with warpsmith options
>WB get possessed terminators and dark apostles, possibly with sorcerer options
>NL get raptor-like assault marine lord and maybe something like that heavy raptor fan concept
I just wanna see everyone get cool new toys to use like I did with WoM

>no ab-plate
Are we talking in lore or in miniatures here?
Because the SoB needs plastic sisters first before we can start talking about other things if its the latter.

Both, obviously

Praying for a nice big ork release come 8th

Reminder that orks are intergalactic and the real winners of the 40k universe

>rhino rush back
>now best cc unit in the game
Blood for the Blood God!

Hello? Police? I would like to report shots fired.

>best cc unit
>we haven't even seen their stats yet

NOW DAT IZ A ROIGHT PROPPA ORKY SONG LADZ!

It's gonna be Drop Pods and Rhinos filled with chainsword wielding assmarines as far as the eye can see.

Can't wait.

I just want IW Rhinos to be able to turn into fortified bunkers like in Angel Exterminatus novel. They could even go further with this:
>Predators that go into siege mode like tanks in starcraft
>Forgefiends/Defilers that integrate weapons of vehicles they kill
>Warsmiths that can possess enemy vehicles for a couple turns (with lowered BS/WS for balance)

>tfw want to do Black Templars in Crusaders full of chainswords
>tfw not sure if Primaris marines or not

Needs more spikes desu

Oh Jesus now I want to play against a rhino/raider list with my trukk,wagon list. Dis is gonna be a good edition boss

It'll at least slow down. Most nights for the last year the general would die somewhere between four and five hundred posts. Right now the high six hundreds is pretty normal.

>rhino bunkers

Makes me want to do a conversion from pic related.

It'd be neat for Rhinos class vehicles to anchor themselves for re-rolls on saves or something though.

I played BT with Rhinos and Land Raiders full of chainswords in 3-3.5edition. It wasn't as great it would seem. Still pretty fun and fluffy, but I wouldn't do it again in 8th.

Oh geez, I don't even play IW and that still sounds like it would be a really cool thing to have. That would probably allow for crazy amounts of fun.

>Chaos opened the Great Rift so it would eventually swallow up the entire Milky Way
>They succeed
>Daemons basking in their greatest victory over the materium
>realize they just created trillions upon trillions of Tuska Daemon-killas by bringing ALL OF THE ORKS into the Warp, and all of those greenskins are now directly linked to Gork n' Mork (who now have all their attention focused on stomping everything else in the Warp)
>"NOT AS PLANNED!"

HAHAHAHA!

Been reading through the rogue trader rulebook, and it looks a lot more fun then past couple editions.

Let's get this shit started.

Tau player here. Please bring on the nerfs. My biggest hope for 8th is that we get a decent nerf to be more even against the majority of factions.

What would you like to do with your CP user?

Well, from what the faction focus article said, Markerlights have lost a lot of functionality, and JSJ appears to be gone from suits.

Aside from Riptides being too cheap, those are the 2 biggest sources of annoyance I see from Tau.

Speaking of legions and unique gear, think any loyalist legions might get things like Gorgon pattern armor and stuff in future updates?

Death Company wants a word with you

Alright so it's confirmed DA are Traitors, so who'll be the Chaos turncoat?

I had hope for The Thousand Sons, but it looks like it'll be alpha legion

didn't Magnus pretty much accept his fate as Tzeetch's herald? Even if he still wanted to help the Imperium, I figure he hates Russ and the Yiffs even more

Yeah, it really would be fun. Could be something like:
>spend a turn to become immobile
>Rhino and infantry inside gain a bonus to saves (rerolls or just +1)
>infantry gain the ability to fire from inside

>Aside from Riptides being too cheap, those are the 2 biggest sources of annoyance I see from Tau.
>implying most non-Tau players won't be completely satisfied unless Riptides are flat-out squatted

Someone say melee?

Lol'd.

All I want to see is the fucking thing not be so undercosted desu, frustrating seeing 3 of the fucking things and a bunch of other shit

The minis themselves are going to be incredibly difficult to find. We're talking small, easily damageable/losable metal figurines that are thirty years old.

If there are any old timers in your meta you might be able to snag a bunch of old monopose 2nd/3rd edition Space Marine minis dirt cheap or even free though. Pick up some old Goblin Green paint and you'll have 99% of the experience of Rogue Trader models.

Alternately just use modern minis with RT rules. Other than the sizes there's no differences.

That'd be cult genestealers, son.

Yeah. The annoying thing with Riptides has always been the spam. One is undercosted, but not insurmountable. You can beat one riptide by killing markerlights and the other squishy things and leaving it as a more durable Leman Russ, more or less.

Once it's the only thing to shoot though? And they get a BS bonus for being the only thing you took?

I just can't wait to try out rhinos full of blood claws. Cheap assault marines that can just dogpile everything? Sure.

What was with all the Chaoscuck/Nidfag autistic screeching last thread?

But you can already shoot out of rhinos because they have fire points?

Wouldn't it make more sense if something that didn't have firepoints gained them instead?

Also wouldn't sitting still make you an easier target for the enemy?

It's just the same autism as usual.

You can shoot out of them now? That's awesome!
I haven't played the game since 3rd edition, but will again in 8th.

Cuck mentality desu.

>tfw Tzeentch and TS aren't on there because they're the only good non-imperial posters and can actually engage in good discussion

It looked like some dumbshit troll and a bunch of people falling for him.
Though I have to admit, that argument somehow proving that hermits have no personalities was amusing.
Literally only thing of any value to come of it though.

>What was with all the Chaoscuck/Nidfag autistic screeching last thread?
You mean at the tail end of the thread? Mostly bitching at the other about which faction is a greater threat to the galaxy (read: destroying it), and how the other guy was clearly desperate.

Which is amusing, considering the 3 biggest races in the galaxy who have a vested interest in its continued existence (Imperium/Eldar/Orks) are completely capable of BTFOing both factions when it comes right down to it...

>Though I have to admit, that argument somehow proving that hermits have no personalities was amusing.

What.

Points brought in line with unit capabilities. Just like everyone else.
Beyond that, everyone deserves to have some cool things, regardless of what they like.
Nobody should be punished because the thing they like was strong in a prior ruleset. Things should be fixed, and that should be good enough.

Tzeentchfags and Nurglefags who don't WAACfag are some of the best posters here desu

Apparently, wikipedia's definition for 'personality' includes social relationships as being mandatory or something.
A hermit has no social relationships, therefore has no personality.

> A FUCKING GAY POET

Fucking got me

Wow... guess I have no personality then ...

Or is only talking to people over a game of 40k considered a social relationship ?

Question: How do I use the ds8 turret in GW KT?

Who was retarded enough to seriously argue that?

>tfw you realize your Primarch is a gay poet

>chaos hype article is shit and non-cult legions are getting shafted in the long run
>deldar article was cool and gunboats are legit as fuck now

Well, I was planning on running CSM, but I don't see a point right now because playing a non-cult legion is basically making sure you never get gold things ever.

can't even believe how many anons fell for it
nor how commited that guy was
holy autism, batman
it was like a reverse DA fag

We're not sure yet, I mean even GW itself admitted they fucked up with the Chaos marines hype article.

And being able to charge out of Rhinos alone is a huge boost for CSM.

To be honest, the chaos article was so shit we barely know how half the things are going to work.
As a Nurgle player, I'm just in the dark as I was before the article. Nurglings seem ok I guess but what about this fuck load of units?

I mean, do people even take Nurglings? I do because I find them cute and like fielding them as distractions but I've never seen anyone put it on a list.

>GSCfag was supposed to post nudes if 'Nids looked like they'll be good
>faction focus shows this but nothing was delivered
well well
guess bugs are only good for stomping

GSCfag got banned because of shitposting.

>expecting any less from vaginal jews

> Terminators cost $50 for a box of 5
> Deathwatch Terminator cost $50 for a box of five and come with three Deathwatch upgrade sprues I can sell for $5 a piece

Ok

That doesn't change the fact that as a non-cult legion, ie not World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Deathguard, or Emperors Children, there is ZERO reason to expect anything besides legion rules.

>implying white is that easy to paint

>as it should be
Just remember, when you die you literally becomes furries.

>wyches cost $29 for a box of 10 and a ton of bits
>a succubus is $20 for pic related
>a Haemunculous is $23 for a similar amount

I find it hilarious. We're supposed to be the most treacherous and lying or disgusting and horrid, but yet what I have seen and posted avoids being like that and instead makes decent contribution to threads or discussion in general. At least from nurglefriendos since I shouldn't be judging myself, that would just bring inherent bias to my point of view

>Combi-weapon change means terminator or chosen plasmagun execution squads all game long
>Terminators all 2 wounds now
>"Vanilla chaos got nothin waaah waaah waaah"

I know Chaos is a bit edgy but come on user, at least wait untill we can read everything before crying.

The slaaneshfags shit up this place with their retarded /d/ posting and the khornefags shit up the place by duking it out with them. Tzeentchfags and Nurglefags have no argument with them, hence they don't take part in any of that garbage.

And the best part is they don't fucking shitfling over who's god is less boring/who's god is more bloody/who's god is more brutal etc. so they don't start any shitposts either. Which is why I admire tzeentchfags and nurglefags.

Also TSons models just look fucking awesome so they have that going for them too.

You can't buy this level of butthurt.
And I play Dark Eldar before you mouth off.
If you're wondering what the hell Dark Eldar are, they're what we used to call 'Drukhari' before you started playing

>DOOM: Ork Edition
CHOP AN' SLASH!

>buying termanlets when Primaris terminators are about to be released

All characters are that way. In part it comes down to large fixed costs for making a single injection mold.

Slaanesh is a close second to Nurgle for me. Either relax in the acceptance that the struggle is finally over, or go over the top in hedonistic excess. Two extremes, but I like the idea of both. I was never into the /d/ shit around Slaanesh, I just like the idea that they overplay things so much that they can barely differentiate sensations and it has a similar feel to Nurgle but with the constant battle to find some new stimulation.

>i don't understand economies of scale: the post

I thought she would di it at release once we have all the info on hand

It's all sort of funny. Slaanesh and khorne posters follow their gods and their rivalries in some ways, given the things that you mentioned and so you might expect us two to behave in such ways too but yet that doesn't seem to happen at all.

GW has had way cheaper plastic characters and even handed them out for free. So it can't be THAT expensive.

I'd say it's purely their calculations on what cost the market will bear.

The same could be said for loyalists because they have Sternguard, Terminators, Tartaros Terminators, and Cataphractii terminators. Plus, they're getting nu-marines, so those changes actually help LSM more than vanilla CSM.

My point is that there is no point playing CSM if you're not part of the big 4.

BRING BACK IRON WARRIORS BASILISKS

> One wound Primaris Marines with limited weapon options vs 2 wound 2+ armor save Terminators with tons of wargear to choose from

Really makes you think

This is now a cute 'nids thread

This desu. I'm going to be very bitter if Iron Warriors get nothing.

Prepare some lemons, then.

heck yeah

so kawaii ugu~

Primaris terminators you tard, not intercessors
>1 wound
Primaris have 2 wounds as a baseline

Yeah, like how much lies people tell on the internet.

considering chadmarines have 2 wounds base and not 1, I wouldnt be surprised if Chadminators had 3 or more
plus, since the whole unit gets to swap guns, a unit of plasmachads ought to do the trick

>doing Morks work