This is what MTG is really about

Creatures and combat, not broken interactions.

MTG is by far the ugliest card game aesthetically

Gwent on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous

Shame this won't get a real print run.

>game about creatures and combat
>the rules for creatures and combat are total garbage
Really makes you think.

creatures and combat are not the fun part of the game

I could see Fantasy Flight doing an LCG out of it. They did do the Witcher board game.

>magic
>more ugly then Yu Gi Oh
Magics arts generic YGOs art is an eyesore

If the game was about creatures and combat, noncreature spells wouldn't have been miles ahead for 25 years.

>game is called magic
>"it's about creatures"
ok

>Gwent

Came here to post this. Come on, OP.

Well. It was probably a smart decision t ofocus the game more on creatures and combat interactions. The problem is that they took it way too far. When threats are always good, and answers are only sometimes good, it's never correct to be the reactive player.

That said, Core Sets should return but not because of their exciting gameplay, but because they're the best way to get reprints of staples into Standard which right now WotC seem incapable of producing -- either because they don't fit thematically or because they're not exciting enough (as if a Naturalize that costs 2G and gains you 2 life is any more exciting than an actual Naturalize reprint had been).

Hopefully it would also stop Wizards from reprinting Tormenting Voice in every single block if they could just put it in the Core Set instead.

It's either that, or Wizards adopt the Conspiracy-policy where only 50% or so of the cards in a set are related to the actual story and plane, and the rest are reprints of staples and exciting cards with no thematic connection. They could easily use watermarks to show which cards belong on the plane and which don't if they're super worried people wouldn't get that the Caves of Koilos aren't situated on Ravnica or whatever.

counterspell, counterspell, wrath, counterspell, win condition is not the fun part of magic, either.

Go play draft or cry more, timmy

>Creatures and combat and broken interactions

ftfy

I cannot for the live of me understand why people enjoy Gwent. It's like a Solitaire Mirror but even less exciting.

i quit magic around the time khans came out.

im come back, and MTG is some social justice warrior bullshit with bans in stnadard and looks like the player base is halved?

>being this wrong
wew

come home white man
come home to edh

Seriously. I'm a huge Witcher fan and even I don't see the appeal.

Not, i go for
Duress, petal, led ritual, ritual, infernal turot, Ad nauseam, Tendrils for lethal

Seriously. EDH is probably the best thing to happen to magic. It's just sitting around with a bunch of friends, drinking beer, and playing a clusterfuck multiplayer legacy-lite.

Well, you're a tripfag who can't seem to write or use grammar, so I'm not surprised that you're pissed off by 'SJW Bullshit'

>grammar
>no period at the end of the sentence
ha!
>implying hes dumb for not wanting dickgirls, race bait and gurlpwr in every set

If he doesn't want those things he has all the right in the world to vote with his wallet.

he also has the right to speak out against it
which is significantly more reasonable than rage quitting a game because of modern political agendas

WotC doesn't care what he thinks as long as he continues to give them money. Especially as his opinion has no weight in the current political climate.

>WotC doesn't care what he thinks as long as he continues to give them money.
you are really dumb if you think people grumbling about this stuff doesn't get the ear of people at wotc, even the threat of buying less product is a significant one especially when it comes to Hasbro
anyone who tells you to stop complaining is fucking retarded.

>dont make a stink it totally wont work
how the hell do you think we got tranny bathrooms in the first place? its not like they are even 1% of the population, the squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say

>even the threat of buying less product is a significant one
Not when the company has said that they don't want those people as customers. The only way to show them then is to stop buying their product and hope that the loss is significant enough that they need to back up.

Cardfight Vanguard looks like an autistic weeaboo's after-school drawings.