Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Whats the most interesting style of combat you've played! Something far away from swords! The strange and unusual!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059241/character-rules-tone-and-other-special-things
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this but unironically
>1 IP
hmmm

Excuse me, but what's with that pic?

I could have gone through the effort of changing networks to make it seem like TWO ips but i can't be fucked

What spells should a cleric use/have? What about a mage? From level 1 to 12.

>mage
Wizard you mean? Also a Cleric gets all his spells for free.

Yes, but which would you consider to be the most useful?

read a guide nigga

Prestidigitation
Grease
G. Teleport
Color Spray
Cloudkill
Fly
Invisibility
Wall of Wind / Force / Element
Prismatic Spray
Animate Dead
Dimensional Anchor
Major and Minor Image
Explosive Rune
etc.

solid list

I'd add Glitterdust onto that list, but otherwise this user has the right of it.

The etc. is to cover shit I'm forgetting
Sepia Snake Sigil, Major Creation, and Contact Other Plane can probably make the list too.

Prismatic Spray is amazing

I'd put Finger of Death and Disintegrate on because of how much damage they can do (generally enough to OHKO any monster of your CR or very close) on a failed save.

Well i'm working on a character that kills people with Dice, so there's that.

t. broodie

Yes and.

wow rude

Remove the R@! C@ meta now!

Disintegrate is also one of the few ways in directly handling a Wall of Force short of a Disjunction. I prep it mostly as a utility option in the event that something manages to really impede the party or force a separation, but it really is quite one of the more damning damaging spells available.

I mean its kind of irrelevant, because Clerics can prep whatever they want.

What do I have to do to play a good miqo'te scholar in Pathfinder?

Disintegrate also doesn't leave any corpse so Raise Dead doesn't work.

Bakeneko Catfolk of whatever variety you want, some spellcaster shit thats book based I guess go for it

It can also be a little bit of a double-edged sword if something you want is a part of the enemy you need to take down. Disintegrate would be fuckin' amazing to help take down a dragon if you don't mind never getting any of its scales.

Disintegrate is basically the "I'm fucking done" spell. It's good for when you finally lose patience with the team rocket tier assassin who's been stalking you and running away last minute for the past six months.

Reminds me of when my GM kept sending a regenerating orc skeleton at my team based on Prak Jaws.

We killed that fucker nine times before finally just burying him alive (unalive?) and letting the weight of a mountain keep him from bothering us anymore. That didn't stick, so we ended up having to plane shift him to hell just to get some peace.

>weight of a mountain
So Son Goku?

Well, you see, the girl in question is one of five magical entities known as the Intoners, who seem to be harbingers and love, peace, and order on the surface, but are in fact merely simulacrums created by an entity known as the Black Flower, made in the image of the woman who called it into this world, a literal whore/murderhobo with no morals named Rose.

Drag-on Dragoon 3 tracks Rose - now known as Zero - on her journey to kill all of her so-called "Sisters" in an attempt to atone for the sin of enabling the flower to manifest in this world. As only a dragon can kill them, she enlists the aid of Mikhail, a white dragon whom she intends to have kill her once all is said and done. Along the way, she discovers her "siblings"'s various neurosis - in Four's case, as the OP pic shows, she doesn't view elves as people, and sees them as an acceptable target for her rampant sadism.

On her journey, she's joined by the boy-toys she steals away from her sisters, as well as a time traveling Android named Accord who is there to find a timeline where Humanity doesn't go extinct. Accord ties in with the Android's from Nier: Automata, as she is from the future of that game, and shares the androids' wish to see Humanity alive and thriving once more (as she is an Android herself).

>she's joined by the boy-toys she steals away from her sisters
based slut

Outstanding.

>Nier talk
How strong is it to have a floating book familiar that just gives free flanking? And has phylactery stats and a snarky mouth?

Sounds more like an Intelligent Item

If you grab a parrot or crow, they can do it. Then you just need a way to grant them reach, and they can fly around the battlefield providing flank bonuses for you and your party.

What races make more sense to appear in a notRussia/Muscovy setting campaign?

I want to prismatic spray all over your face!

How would you make an Intoner in Pathfinder?

Changelings, Hags, Hobgoblin T*rks that insist they're humans and Hobgoblin Khanates that know better.

DMPC

Are zippers a thing in Golarion?

What about the traditional playable races such as elves and dwarves, would they make sense in any role?

No but belt buckles are so go ahead for maximum Final Fantasy.
Or Kingdom Hearts.
...now I kind of want to try and stay a Keyblade.

Unlikely but you could probably Major Creation them and fiat it away as having 22 INT.

Why do you want to make the life of craftsmen more miserable than they already are?

Zero > 2B

Zippers weren't invented until 1893, when the world was really starting to pick up industrialization.

If zippers are a thing in Golarion, they're only in Alkenstar, where they have the factories and industrial base for it.

Why is Alkenstar best PF nation?

After a massive FF14 and 11 binge, I almost forgot the prevalence of zippers and belts in some of the later games.

That said, I would totally play a cheesy Kingdom Hearts inspired campaign.

Who else is going to make a robot for Starfinder?

I still kind of hate how all these nations are on the same planet
You know I guess it kind of fits the lore in a twisted way, but Golarion isn't a prison - it's a trash can.

Not really, they're more of a Swedish thing I thought?

I want to get hogtied by that Cowgirl!

>Golarion isn't a prison, it's a trash can

That explains just about everything related to the setting's SocJus ways.

Not me! I'm making a human brain-in-a-jar piloting a state of the art body he's still paying the mortgage for! In retrospect, I'm basically making a male Makoto Kusanagi with a different origin story.

Peeps, I have a question about Path of War multiclassing.
I'm about to start as level 3 character, Paladin 2/Zealot 1
I have a Practiced Initiator Trait, increasing my initiator level to 3. And so I have a question. When I take the first level of Zealot, will I take all 5 maneuvers as a 2nd level maneuvers? Or it works other way around?

Look up the Scepter of Ages. It is actually a keyblade.

>dat bulge
Why?

>question
Only if I can be a loli cowgirl sniper.

Are Elans really supposed to be that good at being a gishy martial?

If you were a Psychic Warrior or some other manifesting martial class, not only are you immune to quite a number of effects that would normally apply if you were a humanoid, you can also use PP with no limit except your power point pool to absorb damage or boost saves

You'd be utterly amazing as a marksman. (Yes. Yes I am quite proud of that pun.)

That's more ninja cowgirl sniper.

What's the point of a cowgirl if she's a loli? That's like wanting a half-giant shota who's already taller, stronger and heavier than the woman who's corrupting him.

>TFW I want to make my Ensoulment character come from the Great Marsh just so I can make one of his languages Marshian

Few meme players seem to be applying to the most recent games.

Was it just that TSS killed them, or are we in an age of dark/light?

Or is this the power of finals week?

If TSS and ROaB were both bamboozles, what if Ensoulment and Pilgrimage are both bamboozles too?

It's the power of "everyone is in a game".

This is what happens to your characters after they get killed

What do you mean? Disk and Sappy applied.

In the game i'm in, the DM seems to play a little lose with the rules considering what NPCs can do, such as disarming someone in a time-stop to steal a miguffin or just somehow knowing where we are and teleportation to us without any scry or similar ability.

This makes me feel like I'm just along for the ride in the story of some other powerful NPCs, and not really contributing to the outcome of the story.

How do I explain this to him and ask him to change it?

It's the power of being burnt out on the application process for games you don't actually plan on getting in. I'd rather set up plans for a character I actually intend to play, or even one I'm already playing. Especially when I know people interested in experimenting.

Two of them already applied (and will probably get in), and the apps only just started so I don't know why you're counting them out of the fight yet. I bet you they'll get into all of the games again.

If it were me, I'd ask "Are we supposed to be the main characters of this story or not? I sure do not feel that way" and then explain from there

This was not in DnD/PF system, once I left a roleplaying forum exactly because it feels like the players, who were put in place of mooks, with the idea that they eventually rise up to be heroes in their own right, are basically just spectators to all the spectacle that the GMPCs and Moderator PCs get to do. Eventually I left in disgust and the forum rotted away to obscurity

Say it outright.
Now that being said, are you sure he's actually being unreasonable? The baddie doesn't need Scry if the barmaid is in his pocket and has a token that lets her contact him, and Time Stop allowing for disarm should've been in the base game anyway desu

They become nurses that work for a corrupt doctor and then they are lured into a room where a school girl dressed as a cat, a schoolgirl in hers school uniform and their even more corrupted teacher, who is in cahoots with another teacher who makes money by mindbreaking schoolgirls and using them as prostitutes, whereupon the schoolgirl dressed as a cat flanks you and rapes then with a strap on?

Are we talking about PLD

Is this Cashmere

>tfw I reversed the Quetzlcoaltl situation from Maid Dragon in my campaign
I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. The idea of a big dragon hiding behind buildings out of embarrassment was too much to pass up

baka can we not?

>Broodie makes a gambler waifu for Demonlands

>someone else makes an uptight jerk that hates gambling

Just remember, Vult feeds on every bamboozle, his power grows.

Play Ensoulment of the Flower Corut, user! Even if you're rejected your character will still be used!

>Your character gets pulled into something you'll never see, probably played from by the DM, as a minor sideshow compared to the good characters

Wow, its like a Honeypot game.

What's a honeypot game?

>when a manticore girl is ready to chargepounce you but she's already way too turned on for the dominate spell to work right and the dominator is kinda turned on too so she just pretends to trip on the floor

>when the kung fu oni girl named salt in wounds in fact, DOES have enough rock salt on her fists to put people into negatives

>when all the traps go off and they're not lewd AT ALL, except for the one that goes off when stealth is most important and then the smart party member is mostly jealous and anxious

>when you spl@ two r@s @ once

>when your enemy has an ojousama laugh

WotRaunchy in a nutshell

A fake game someone makes to mine for other people's creative characters.

At least 25% - and this is being very optimistic, it's likely far higher than that - of roll20 games and myth-weavers entries are solely about taking others characters and using them elsewhere, whether a different, "real" campaign or even a story.

It blows my mind that Flowers is straight up SAYING its going to take characters. Honestly my brain finds that to be a kind of violation, like fuck no you can't use my character, make your own character.

>I'm angry someone wants to use my OC Donut Steel even after I give implicit permission

You're like CWC with Sonichu.

DarkDumpster scariest girl

I didnt know Cashmere was making guest appearances!

That's the point of Flowers
In fact I'd say it's one of the biggest draws

Guys, calm down.
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059241/character-rules-tone-and-other-special-things

Last post, you get to play them when they pop up.

I mean I know i'm autistic but I just am not comfortable with it. Its just like, fuck off and get your own shit, ya know? Its put me off from applying at all.

I don't see how thats a draw, lets be real, you'll never know if your character is used or not in reality, and even if they are they won't really be your character because they're going to inevitably played different or altered in some way by the DM

I just don't get the appeal.

That just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Flowers is literally the Mercy game
Protag is saying "oh no you didn't get accepted! But don't panic, because I'll let you play anyway!"

2hu is already making a guest appearance as Cashmere last time I heard.

>I don't see how thats a draw
Because you're the one playing them?

This sounds like a living world tier disaster

Who's going to be the first person to try to suicide-bomb the main party during their guest appearance?

Who's going to be the first to try to Dominate Person the cutest qt3.14 in the main party?