/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Who is the most underrated author?

Me.

The most?
No clue, but that Southern Cross guy showed promise. Kinda wish he'd done more

Absolutely last time I update this for real guys; have added Ra'Kot and Nyalee as alternate healers so people are less pressured to go Godhand or Gourmet

To make up for my shameless display, I'll take your opinions into account as to what to work on next. I've got three rough skeletons planned out so far

Cultist CYOA: You're in charge of a cult to one of several dark powers; choose a master, some fellow cultists, some perks and some problems.

Ultimate Bodyguard: Choose a style of bodyguarding (unobtrusive, intimidating, action hero) and some powers to go with it, pick a client and try to protect them on their chosen quest, while dealing with a list of obstacles.

Long term party builder: Haven't fleshed this out much yet, but the idea will be to form a party of adventurers from a large menu, but with an emphasis on picking teams that work well together. It'll have a time based element like Eternals Rising: ie you take Bob the Paladin and Sarah the Rogue
>Year 1: They squabble and bicker
>Year 2: Bob is slowly teaching Sarah not to be a bitch
>Year 3: They screw Bob falls

Thoughts?

I think if you could do that party builder well it would be the most interesting, but it also sounds like it requires the most effort to pull of in a satisfying way.

The other two sound decent enough though

>sounds like it requires the most effort to pull of in a satisfying way.

Definitely; I'm tooling with a couple of ways to make it work, but it'll be hard to not make it a clusterfuck if I don't limit the roster of potential party members.

But making characters and relationship trees if my favourite part of making these things, so even if I have to moderate my ideas I'll hopefully enjoy the process.

Bodyguard chow sounds kinda unique, especially if it was quasi realistic with some supernatural/fantastic elements.

>2017
>still using skype
Man, I ditched Skype way back. I'm a Discord faggot now.
Also I'm not allowing myself to have fun until I finish the last two girls...

>I'm a Discord faggot now.
Have you ever considered popping in to the CYOA Discord?

She looks pleased.

How powerful are Vignette's curative abilities anyway? Mend a wound? Regrow a limb? Save somebody from the brink of death? Return breath to those who have gone a few moments ago?

>that picture
Can I change my vote for not changing the image, to that pic? Keeps the gun, but more character focused not using half the image on it.

What's the best app to make CYOAs on android?

>kg but no cm
Why ?

Fuck you're fast to shill

I assume because (at least in my experience) most weights in a gym are marked with both imperial an metric measurements.

>CYOA Discord?
...We have one of those?
Those are all things she could do given enough time and concentration.
Vignette can pretty much heal anything except death itself.
I may end up doing that. I really like the character design so I'm trying to just find a better-looking shot of that character.

>tfw just on the edge of normal for my height

gotta hit the gym I guess.

>mfw the chart says I'm borderline obese but in reality I'm around 15% body fat

Do you have steel bones or something user? Or are you just particularly Veeky Forums?

>...We have one of those?
Yep, link's been in the pastebin for a while now.

4+ years of gains, the only aspect of my life Veeky Forums improved.
I probably wouldn't have started if it wasn't for Veeky Forums

Even at 4'7'' it's not that hard to get to 70 kg

>fingerless gloves
>boots
>gatling gun
>twin tails
>eyepatch
>underboob
Just try and tell me it isn't perfect.

Alright, I've narrowed Pisces's new portrait down to and pic related.
What do you guys think?

This one seems like it fits in better with other pictures you've used composition wise

>no boots
no contest
much prefer the other one.

Has anyone made a google drive for DSA yet? I still have a lot of his works to read.

Yep is good

Author-specific archives are made and maintained by the authors themselves.

I prefer this one.

I like this one.

This one.

Whoops, can't show that on a Christian imageboard.

Really? Isn't that a bit ... excessive? We loved mindraping women into submission (MCCYOA), we had a harsh discussion about a CYOA that let you turn your cowgirl waifu into steak, but cheating is where we draw the line?

I don't think anyone chose the steak path... right?

Some people did just for the sake of being edgy. Someone did it on /d/ yesterday, where he chose a girl that voluntarily became a cowgirl and he turned her into beef. And the 'fun' goal.

Only ironically. In fact, cutting tendons pissed people off too.

The difference between that sort of thing and mind control is that the cow/cheating examples constitute a betrayal of someone who loves you. A pain that everyone knows and the mere thought of causes your heart to twinge. Whereas mind control is an esoteric sort of rape that we can't really empathize with, as it only exists in pure fantasy.

Janitors are cucks and they hate being reminded of that.

What got wiped?

protip: use appchan x

That one about having an affair.

no
Really? Thats fucking stupid. NTR is a dumb fetish but no one said every CYOA had to appeal to every person, if you don't like it just ignore it.

It is a bit odd, considering the usual amount of consistent and recognizable shitposting that goes on here. It reminds of me of the time TokHaar's shit was taken down even though it was SFW, while the political and cuck posting continued unabated all around it.

The one time I recall a decent wipe of posts was just recently when someone went full retard on the rose girl and everything associated got deleted. Only for it to show up again later, with no one doing shit.

Really? Ahahah i guess someone got triggered

A little while back the mod deleted everything having to do with [waifu whose name is an incorrect synonym for yam], including people who quoted the l
post.

What the hell has this place turned into? When someone got triggered, we told them to grow a thick skin and hide/ignore the stuff. Nowadays we're getting purged because somebody feels a little triggered.

They're probably deleting the "source" of the shitposting, thinking that will stop anything. It's probably much easier than banning people over multiple IPs. Although, I think banning the people having a complete fit over things they don't like would be preferable, it's harder to enforce.

Can someone post the not!-GuP Tank commander Cyoa?

looks like the third wasteland thread in a row

why did it have to be this way anons?
why cant we just have fun and play pretend?

The last two months or such were mostly wastelands.

Couldn't find the DLC
1/4

2/4

Whatever happened to Southern Cross Tyrant, anyway? I was looking forward to the deliquient CYOA.

That's page 3.
Here's page 2

And here's the DLC

Exactly, just like only gay people hate fags.

We got conquered by /pol/. This is why we needed to stop them.

Well, /pol/ is not too keen on cheating on your spouse, so ... they seem to have won this round.

>/pol/ is not too keen on cheating on your spouse
Nobody is. Except for cucks.

I thought cucks liked the idea of things they love getting fucked by guys manlier than them?

>NEET Blessing
>$500 a day
>More than the average worker
Dude, with that blessing, you make more than entire middle class incomes. That's over 150k a year.

So naturally my choices will be:
>Aura of Automation, NEET income, Subspace House, Just Plain Ol' Luck, 15% Discount

Admittedly, while the subspace house might not have as many accomodations or reduce time at nearly the rate of other comfy-zone CYOAs, the ability to basically catch as much sleep I need and even squeeze in work-out time would be amazing.

...if I take the White Queen, can I become the little girl?

Otherwise, I'll take the White King.

Thanks anons-tachi!

>White Knight
>Black King

I am probably not going to use this wisely.

the bodyguard thing sound pretty traditional (pick powers, pick waifu) and I like novelty.

I'd say cultist.

>White King
>Black King
now I can save the world? maybe?

Could someone post the Maze CYOA. I'm not sure the author but you get to pick the types of mazes you are in, the drawbacks, your companions, and some items. I can't even remember how many pages but it was my favorite and I never saved it before starting my CYOA folder.

Double Pawn. Is there any other power that can compete?

>Powers
Damned Good
Temptation
Read Soul
Shaken Foundation
Contract

This will take a bit of a run up. I'll have to rely on Temptation in the early years, probably driving drug addicts and such to the edge. But Contracts will pay off in the long run, especially with the ancillary powers to back them up. I know what they want, I know what they would trade anything for, and I can make it so that the sheer need consumes them until they make a wish that'll give them what they crave. After 10 years, the souls will be rolling in.

>Features
Hypnotic
Stunning
Buff

All the better to get in their heads. I was tempted to go for Hung, but I just want to be a decently large size, not humongous.

This one is a little confusing. It says you're going back if you don't send ten souls a year to hell, but also that you're going back if you don't have ten souls "irredeemably corrupted and ear-marked... for hell" at the end of two years. So do I need to make sure to corrupt and kill ten people a year, or just corrupt them?

desu all those ideas sound great, and like good departures from most of the more typical cyoas. I gotta lean towards cultist cyoa, but long term party builder could easily outshine it if done well

Saberface jokes aside, is this the only good Fate CYOA?

What happened to the Endless Space CYOA? Author just disappeared or something?

This thread's shrieking every time someone doesn't immediately convert an idea into finished content could put an entire gaggle of baby birds to shame.

Well, he posted WIPs rather often and now he didn't for a while. Can't hurt to ask, right?

I would think just corrupt, otherwise Contract on its own would just get you killed. So a Soul that's been tied to a Contract must count towards your total. Of course, maybe it is intended as a weak early, strong late option. Strife cyoas aren't really known for balance either way.

I wonder if we get rollover souls....

>How about a CYOA where some akbar blows himself up next to you and you get to go to Islamic heaven instead of him, because Allah's not actually cool with that shit?
You get to customize your Houri, even going full hardcore with the clear, see-through skin with only the blood in her bones visible look if you want (yes that's actually a thing.) Then I suppose you choose other things you want to do/have in your afterlife, sorta like your typical comfy or plane builder CYOA to a degree.
And of course, 40 virgins would be one of the choices.

Yeah, but not because he is not cool with that shit, but because the bomber was white guy like you who converted to Islam and Allah can't tell white people faces from each other so he confused the two of you.

White King, Black King. Go into politics. Profit.

>Wish
Become Saber
>Alignment
Lawful Evil
>Personality
Sakura Saber (Confident, Mischievous, Cool, Cheerful, Friendly)
>Class
Caster
>Features
Female Saber
Horrifying
Teen Saber
Double Ahoge, Emote Ahoge
>Clothing
Ceremonial, Thick robe, Formal Gown
>Parameters
Strength: E
Endurance: E (-1 rank from thick robe)
Agility: E
Magic: EX (+1 rank from thick robe)
Luck: EX (+1 rank from ceremonial)
Noble Phantasm: EX
>Class skill
Territory creation: EX
Independent Action: B
>Personal skills
Divinity: EX
High speed spellcast: B
Bravery: C
Eye of Mind (True): D
Monstrous Strength: C
>Noble Phantasm
EX++++ rank ability Anti-Self

>Profit
With both kings, it would be entirely plausible to change the entirety of humanity--to pursue marvelous feats of technological advancement; to spread humanity to other planets and conquer the stars.

borderline underweight/skellington here

You can do that with damn near any combo including White King. Seriously - Black Pawn's eight bodies, Black Bishop's nigh-Za Warudo, Black Knight's "be my friend!" aura, and Black Queen's Immortality are all viable choices for White King.

White King for scientific advancement.
Black Rook for invulnerability and immortality.

I know how you feel. After a rather nasty time of starvation, I ended up looking like pic related. My weight? 132lbs

All of these sound like good ideas, but I have a strong leaning towards Party Builder

Whoever made cowboy

That is not dead which I can raise. Cultism!

Update: Scorpio done.
Only one more girl to go.
If I can hammer out Pisces today I'll finally be able to post the very first completed CYOA I've ever done.
Wish me luck.

I like this idea so much I'm gonna screencap this post so I can save it for later. Will try to get started on this idea this weekend.

Though if anyone else is really fond of this they can make one too, cause mine probably won't turn out too great

YOU CAN DO IT!

It's a shame you posted every single ounce of content you made before releasing the finished product.

>I like this idea so much

but it's just a waifu builder with different introduction, nothing else is fresh in that idea