What if Elves were more like ants?

What if Elves were more like ants?

What if Elves were more like mushrooms?

In both cases they'd be Ents

Talislanta has bugs that make little bows.

Why even call them elves then?

I'm currently working on turning elves into a "transformation" or "mutation".

Basically, some magic-users that grow wise and old enough will one day wake up and discover that their joints stop hurting so much. The following months, they'll notice their stamina slowly returns and that their ears are getting pointier. Eventually, they'll transform back to how they looked in their young adulthood.

Of course, that would mean that you could only play an elf at the end of a campaign, so I kept the long ears trait as something that can be passed on to offspring - once you've transformed into an elf.

The offspring of a transformed magic user has an easier time reaching the true elven form, but they'll still have to use magic for decades before they can attain it.

This way I can get the typical weak D&D elf that isn't very different from humans, AND the typical Tolkien elf that duels fucking pitfiends with their arms tied behind their back in the same world and it still makes sense.

I assumed OP meant the elves would be eusocial but otherwise look like elves - sort of elven versions of those ants who live inside a tree and defend it from herbivores.

either that, or they would be blind and use their ear-tennae to find their way around along with pheromones they release in their BRAAAAAAPs

>Of course, that would mean that you could only play an elf at the end of a campaign, so I kept the long ears trait as something that can be passed on to offspring - once you've transformed into an elf.
That sentence is a bit awkward...

Anyway, if you transform in an elf, and you make some new babies, those babies will have elf ears.

Might get a bit awkward if you already had kids back when you were human, but that's a problem I haven't even considered yet...

I like it. Also helps to justify why Elves are such insufferable douchebags, since they literally are better than you.

That's called Drow.

Stop being subversive for the sake of being subversive. Leave my comfy cliches alone. Make your own shit if you want to be original instead of making your own shit and then pasting it over old stuff.

So then Elves would/could basically become different lineages of highly adapt sorcerers and sorceresses

I am down for anything that helps make the core races more exotic.

I utterly hate with 105% of my being that most people think that skinny human or short human should be the standard races.

They wouldn't be elves.

So elf population is composed 99% of females, with an elf queen who is the only reproductive individual in the elf village/hive and constantly popping out babies? Sounds pretty Magical.

In all seriousness, eusocial animals are quite interesting and I'd like to see them represented more often as something other than the standard science fiction hive mind which doesn't really have much to do with how eusocial animals actually work.

Could be expanded to include their gods, too, the first elves and most powerful of their kind. Lolth as some kind of prehistoric spider witch that first ascended to elfhood, then godhood.

>This way I can get the typical weak D&D elf that isn't very different from humans, AND the typical Tolkien elf that duels fucking pitfiends with their arms tied behind their back in the same world and it still makes sense.
Just make the latter higher level. Is that so hard?

What if OP wasn't a fag?
But then he wouldn't be OP.

But what about further transformations like Elf 2, Elf 3 or Elf God?

>Another person ripping off the Witcher

How does the witcher work?

Elves with chitin or living armor and tech.

Elves ruled by a Queen and chiefly populated by sterile females for the vast majority of the population.

Males are drones/prized mates of the Queen.

Elves are deceptively strong.

Elven settlements are organically shaped caverns dug out of the ground/trees.

Massive industry in scents and perfumes. Certain scents and perfumes associated with certain houses.

Or the Queen alone has the power to imbue the "elf seed/eggs" with life.

What if all of the humans were killed off by the superior elvish civilization?

Not remotely like that...

Then they'd be ants, not elves.

A man can dream

Elves are nigh immortal, rare, intelligent, creatures with very high quality physical bodies in pretty much every setting.

Ants are incredibly short lived, endless, mindless, creatures with very low quality bodies (simple diets and most important nutrients go to making more ants rather than maintaining more complex bodily systems).

If you combined an ant and an elf you'd have a human.

Youd have a super stron and super agile human.

>What if Elves were more like ants?

Either way they'd still ruin picnics.

Ant muscle tissue is of a lower quality than pretty much any macro scale animal. They're only super strong because of the relative scale. If an ant was human sized it wouldn't even be able to stand, let alone walk or do anything in an agile way.

Then they're about to get wiped out by Storm Team.