I need interesting/exotic weapons

I need interesting/exotic weapons

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet-shooting_crossbow
youtube.com/watch?v=se_N8CrooPY
youtube.com/watch?v=8HhamWzgqwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do they have to be useful as weapons?

Pic wasn't meant to be used, just to show off.

YAAAS

Looks super heavy

It looks cerimonial, so that's not a big problem.

yo, what is this? It gives me an erection

After firearms became common, some crossbows were like this. Google "slurbow" to find lots of them.

Real "hand crossbow" for covert killing

>Real "hand crossbow" for covert wounding/annoyance
>cat5 of 9 tails

So is it literally a crossbow with a barrel and a firearm-esque trigger or is there anything mechanically different about it?

That spring/bow is super thick. I imagine it would take quite some strength to load that sucker.

I'm no expert, but I imagine the barrel does lend one mildly useful element to it

you don't have to worry bout the bolt falling out of the groove as easily.

Also, I wonder if rifling has any effect on bolts. It doesn't on arrows, the way they fly isn't immicable to spin. But crossbows started getting slant fletchings which lent a spin to the bolts, resulting in a more stable and accurate shot. Historians believe this is what inspired the concept of barrel rifling to firearms in the first place - trying to mimic the spin that fletching could give a crossbow.

Honestly these were probably just made to spook people into thinking you had guns, OR, it was cheaper to mass produce the same kind of stock and base for two different weapons. Especially since you can't use fletching on slurbows due to the barrel getting in the way.
It's probably only meant to be fired once, and to be loaded long before you need it, most likely with a hook

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet-shooting_crossbow

these exist, and while a naff weapon in real life, in a setting with alchemical compounds these could be used to launch small amounts of alchemists fire or acid or w/e in small hollow clay balls.

>aztec chainswords
what if warhammer is actually our past

It's a bullet crossbow.
Have a bullet bow.

this is why we need more aztec inspire chapters

aayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
lmao

You would carry it already loaded and fire it one meter or less from target. It's quick and quiet, but not for general combat like hand crossbows from rpg.

Surprisingly common among italian nobility of the 15th or 16th century.

Samoan.

Puckett (automatic) demonstrated two configurations of the basic design: one, intended for use against Christian enemies, fired conventional round bullets, while the second, designed to be used against the Muslim Turks, fired square bullets. The square bullets were considered to be more damaging. They would, according to the patent, "convince the Turks of the benefits of Christian civilization". The weapon was also reported as able to fire shot, with each discharge containing sixteen musket balls.[7]

There's ratchet thing that connect to the handle. You rotate it to cock the bow. Thee's a video somewhere but I'm having trouble finding it.

Obviously not a weapon of war but to deliver a poisoned bolt into a noble without having to deal with his bodyguards, it might just work

found it

youtube.com/watch?v=se_N8CrooPY

You could do that with slings as well

Can't say. Wait until Gropey appears, he might know more about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he already fired one.

Sling shot. You have a sling shot.

Ten points to Slytherin.

fucking hell
ahahhahahaah

I believe they were used to fire bullets, like the firearms of the era, but quieter, and with no need for gunpowder.

bump

this is bad

How does a bullet go around the bow?

asymetrical handle.
yes it works

RAINBOW!

I prefer the Ferguson rifle. Also the Mondragon rifle was pretty cool, pretty much a browning automatic rifle 40 years early.

Model 1894 or 1908?

Do sci-fi weapons count?

Damn, son. Seems like overkill. And what does he do when they aren't in a straight line like that?

Best sword ever made coming through.

Its a Graviton Beam Emitter, basically it somehow detonates whatever matter it passes through, so on higher settings it turns targets into degenerate matter bombs. Also capable of rapid firing.

forgot muh image

anyone got any sci-fi or some less overdesigned fantasy melee weapons? I've got a science fantasy setting I'm working on, and need weapons that fit the aesthetic.

Deer horn knives. Love these things.

What purpose does the backwards points serve other than stabbing your own arm?

Hooking

Doesn't look impressive in the slightest, but check this out: it's a military-grade air rifle. Comes with tubular magazine and exchangable pressure chambers. Perfectly silent, can fire 25-30 rounds per minute (in times when firing four was big deal), and due to rifling, it's super accurate. Also, exceeds range of most weapons from the period roughtly threefold.

And despite Italian-sounding name of creator, it was used by Austrians.

>Sword

If it was so good, why didn't it see widespread use/adoption in other nations?

Too costly?

Apparently the reservoir for the air was really fragile and easy to break. It also took 1,500 pumps to fill it up and it only lasted 30 shots. Additionally it was hard to manufacture too. I can see why it wasn't more popular.

Fuck that. I don't know anyone I hate enough to hit with that.

For some reason I've always liked the idea of using a flare gun as a weapon.
The flare revolver in Killing Floor is pretty neat.
youtube.com/watch?v=8HhamWzgqwM