>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

astranauta.github.io/races.html#Triton
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats the best way to stat out a war wagon full of orcs to fight my party? My party will be on foot and I'm thinking there will be about 6 orks in the wagon with bows and swords shooting out. The wagon will be powered by goblins turning the wheels or will be pulled by some boars.
Do I just stat the orks inside or should I stat out the war wagon as one entity?

I couldn't find anything on enemies fighting from carriages

>tfw mystic bitchslapping cunts 50 feet away from me when they try to step to me trying to start a tavern brawl

If at any point they're gonna get out of the war-wagon, stat them each.
If they're just gonna fight in it and you're gonna have it blow up when it's defeated, just stat the wagon.

Personally I'd stat it all together, give it the attack stats of orks, depending on how hard you want the challenge to be the number of attacks however many orks are inside, with a movement of ~40.

Also one chunk of health, pretty much adding up the orks health, and markers where an ork goes down, thus loosing an attack, to simplify it.

It's time. Post your confessions.

I have been running campaigns set in Equestria.

>make a dexterity saving throw

Why the fuck did these need to exist? There was literally nothing wrong with Fortitude, Reflex, and Will. They were even part of the D&D identity, and D&D is nothing without its identity. That's why HP, AC, alignment, and multiple other shitty mechanics haven't been fixed despite there being obvious ways to objectively improve the game through doing so.

However, Merals wanted to pander to AD&D grognards so he went back to "every ability score can be used to save" because Charisma saves ("OMG you are using your EGO and CHARM to protect yourself! it's a very struggle for your soul!") or intelligence ("you have to be SMART enough to fight off the intellect devourer's mind blast, cause it;s the power of your minddd") or Strength (this one I can actually see for bullrushing but otherwise no) are so undervalued in D&D otherwise. So it's great that despite having a good Wisdom, which is defined as your willpower, you can still fall victim to all manner of mental attacks, but if you are low-Strength you'll get fucked by physical attacks despite being tough as fuck. All they did was spread out the saves for no reason and make characters weak to shit for no fucking reason. Saves might as well not exist as a mechanic because of how fucking ambiguous it is as to when you use them. Sure it's more "elegant" in some ways but in others it's just clunky as fuck, and if you are even pretending D&D is meant to be designed elegantly then you need to burn out the entire system and rewrite everything.

That's what I was going to do, but also sounds great. Oh man, what do. I think I'll make the rival a female high elf or half-elf.

I'm also worried that the monk will jump inside and start beating up the orcs. I'd say that its too cramped to Shadow Step into and even if you kill and orc there will not be enough space.

Sounds good. I'll probably up the AC from default orcs to account for how armoured it is. They are 6 level 8s, this should be difficult.

Hi Virt back to post the same pasta as always I see.

>trap edition
tfw no qt half elf trap gf

Why not both?

Can't shadow step in if he can't see inside

I'm sick of playing badasses, I want to play timid waifubait... not even in a magical realm ERP way, just a character who's allowed to be gentle or get afraid or cling to someone else when theyre scared. I want to be the little girl.

I'd never actually subject any of the other players in my game to having to deal with a character like that though.

assuming you are just an idiot instead of a troll, they are there to give relevancy to each stat, so now it makes sense to put points in something other than con dex and wis.

If they can manage it, why not let them brawl inside? It's a big risk to surround yourself by that many combatants without support.

>six players
How do you manage? Five gives me anxiety, and I prefer three to four if I can.

It's virtualoptim, don't reply.

Everyone look at this man's trip, look at him and laugh

Cool, a Dwarf Fortress player.

oh i am sure it is, just replying on the off chance it's just some other deluded moron.

I believe you have the wrong thread pfg is three doors down and to the left.

I really want to play something that's pure edge. I want to play a pure, balls to the walls, teleports behind you, nothing personnel kid edgelord.

All I've ever played were good characters. Characters with personalities and ties to the setting and with motivations to adventure aside from just wanting to. But it feels like it would be so cathartic to sweep that shit aside and say, "I want to fucking murder things that piss me off."

Nah that one you can solidly ignore, it's pasta

So make the inside well lit.
Or better yet, there's no opening he can see to step inside of it.

you're fucking pasta i spent like 5 minutes typing that post fuck you

Whoops meant for

Because of the sheer volume of players which is sometimes 8 because the campaign started with 4 people who each brought their significant others we only really get one combat at a time. As a result the monk burns all his ki points in one encounter and wrecks shit pretty well.

I also only play once every 2 weeks which makes it manageable.

but i love pasta

I've been running a campaign and two of the NPCs fall directly in my fetish of tall strong women, it was done on purpose and no one is the wiser.

Just because you only have time for one combat a session doesn't mean each session needs to be a single day.
You can easily put them into positions where burning through stuff is a terrible idea because just because the session ends, it doesn't mean you get to rest.
Cliff hangers are a good way to keep people interested. They're also pretty easy to do in d&d.

Assassin 3/Nomad Mystic 3/Anything else

*teleports behind you*
>nothing personnel, kid

I unironically wish there were less casters. My most fun games were when we only had one full caster and maybe one half-caster; martials and sneaks are fun.

My druid did a 1 level dip into sorcerer

Then don't give them a rest every session. Make multiple sessions be in a single day or period of action.

It's a bit DBZ, but you won't have your guys burning all their resources in such a meta fashion.

Everyone except faggots who only play wizards wish for this, but unfortunately the wizards turn into unbearable schreeching autists if you try to take ANYTHING away from them.

Fortitude, Reflex, Will were a dumbing down of paralyzation/poison/death magic, petrification/polymorph, rod/staff/wand, breath weapon, and spell saves. They were also more integral to the D&D identity than fort/ref/will.

If I had my way there'd be the one full divine (cleric), one full arcane (wizard), and one full nature (druid). Shit like sorcerer, mystic, and warlock would all be subclasses of one or the other.

Should tridents do more damage than spears?

Uhh, isn't this the system and even campaign setting where transgender, androgynous or even hermaphroditic Elves is not only canon, but encouraged by the books?

Yeah. You typically don't stick as far with the spear in tests I've seen, and the "doing more damage when you pull out," is just viable with wide-bladed or winged spears.

Sorry, meant to start with "no." Tridents don't stick as far, and I meant to say just AS viable.

Fucking phone.

Once again pfg is three doors down and to the left.

So what's the point of the trident then? It's the same as a spear except more expensive and heavier?

Easier to parry and tangle enemy weapons with.

5e has a hard time with that.

A wider threat range. Even if the three points don't stick as far as a spear's one, nobody wants to approach three separate points. It's intimidating.

But this is literally the place to discuss hermaphroditic and transgender (or just genderfluid) Elves.

No thats pathfinder general, you must be new here

He's doing memes, famalam. /pfg/ is where those sort of discussions happen because the community cares about shit like that more than playing their game, whereas we don't care that much about it, so it doesn't come up.

They look cool.

Learn to roleplay son.

See

The issue then is when the trident becomes a 1d8/1d10, what's the point of a longword, battleaxe, warhammer, flail, warpick, and morning star?

How else is my aquaman character supposed to be useless if a trident actually does decent damage

Have a beast bring out eternal sunlight that evaporates water.

But can't the spear already become 1d8/1d10 with one of the UA feats? In which case, what's the point of the trident?

D&D is fucking garbage trash, that's my confession. pic related

It takes a feat, user. That's a resource being used, and not all of us play with UA feats.

Fixed Trident.
>Trident: Martial Melee. 1d8 piercing. Versatile (1d10)

Is there a stat that the gaming set (dice) uses for rolls? Charisma or something? I can't tell.

I'm aware, but I'm just pointing out that the spear has the potential to outclass the trident in every single way. Which seems backwards to me.

There's honestly no valid reason to take melee weapons over ranged weapons on a ranger other than 'flavour'.

Ask your GM if you can use a spear and fluff it as a trident. Much easier than trying to fix the weapon without throwing off potential balance.

The best way to fix it would just be to give it spear stats anyway. They might as well have not bothered with statting it. Tell players to fluff their spears as tridents. Fixed.

See . Tridents serve no purpose, and may as well be an alternative spear.

How do you guys fluff your '5 by 30 ft line' breath attacks?
I've been using MonHun as a general reference point, seems to work

It was a joke, if i were really making aquaman i would get a trident of fish command

is the issue actually tridents, or that some simple weapons, like the handaxe and spear give too much for a simple weapon?

Not really. Simple weapons can still be devastating in the real life meta of melee. The spear was used for thousands of years because it works. The handaxe was also used for thousands of years because it is a simple and efficient design. Anyone can pick either up and use it with but a little practice.

Yeah basically like that, but I don't allow them to sweep or anything. That doesn't seem to be the intention.
However, a cone can be flavored as a sweeping breath, that's cool.

Also depends on the dragon. For example, a black dragon that shoots a line of acid, I have it basically projectile vomit that shit.

>tfw donaar blit'zen's silly vomit sounds

Triton Player Race, Costal Druid instead of Paladin of the Ancients

Alright, had a session last night. Joined in the middle of a campaign:

>town is being raided by orcs
>players go to the town and help end the menace
>they eventually hunt down the orcs and free the citizens
>no reward
>eventually, the players learn that the Thieves' Guild holds an important artifact
>artifact in particular is needed for one of the pary Wizard's quests
>LG Paladin and CG Ranger want to get rid of the local Thieves' Guild because they have been controlling the town
>Captain of the Guard says 'don't do that leave them alone'
>party Rogue goes and steals from a business protected by the Thieves' Guild
>says they'll trade the artifact for the Rogue
>Thieves' Guild Leader says that they must enter a binding contract
>party 'no thanks', but take the Rogue anyway
>join in; be LG Fighter working for the Town Guard
>hear word of this Thieves' Guild from Paladin and Ranger
>learn about their hideout and inform the Mayor
>know the Town Guard has had trouble with the Thieves' Guild, thinks its our chance to rout them
>next day, Thieves' Guild leader and the guild evacuate as the Town Guard raid the building
>Guard Captain is angry at the Party
>find out from him that the Thieves' Guild was helping the town by hunting down the Orcs too
>but the Guard Captain intentionally left the Thieves Guild alone in exchange for their services
>none of the Town Guard or any other official knew, just the Captain and the Thieves' Guild Leader
>now the Guard Captain has been cursed to be a quadriplegic cancer patient until he dies because we unintentionally broke his contract with the Thieves' Guild
>currently, the party is on their way to defeat some lake pirates the town has been harassed by, as the Town Guard has done nothing about that too

Moral of the Story: Don't get involved with level 10 Tiefling Wizards who control a criminal organization and neglect on your own resources such as the Town Guard.

My DM is now giving me shit over "silver purity rates" in silver pieces when it comes to procuring the appropriate amounts to make holy water

God damn I want to quit playing this game.

No a triton might actually fit the role, nonvariant human for aquaman all the way

Just stop playing with that DM.
Seriously. Just ask him straight up. Does this kind of thing make the game more fun for anyone? The answer is no, no it doesn't.

It's a fucking game not a second life simulator where every detail needs to be accounted for. That kind of shit is and should be left up to the DM/player in the moment and purely for fluff reasons. It shouldn't be a burden.

>want to make holy water
>okay go procure some pure silver
>no problem! maybe a second of roleplay and you spend the necessary money

That's all.

Sounds like his problem.

Is this sort of shit a common occurrence?

>God damn I want to quit playing this game.

So quit.

Is it ever. We're at level 15 and he still harumphs the crap out of our game flow to bitch about Rations management

Even though we have a fucking druid in the party.

You're not trying to argue that silver coins only need 5gp to make a holy water even though it specifically says 25gp worth of silver?
Or is it that silver coins are worth more than their value of silver? Or is it that the other metal in with the silver is worth something?
Can't you just buy silver with the silver coins?

what is the point of taking a path of the Kensei monk?

Wouldn't be so bad if at least he spread it out but the man clearly plays favorites.

What's the point of longsword, battleaxe, warhammer, flail and warpick when rapier exists?
inb4 'versatile actually does something!'

>My most fun games were when we only had one full caster and maybe one half-caster
Then you have a case when the rest of the party pushes the full caster into picking boring but valuable cookie-cutter utility spells and focusing less on stuff that'd be more fitting role-wise.
>martials and sneaks are fun.
No they're not, most boil down to playing a tabletop variant of left mouse button. Just remove battlemaster and give those shitty half-assed maneuvers to every martial already.

It's that in his setting ( which has this retarded forced conversion where every coin is actually 100 times more valuable than their standard price, as in each "crown" is worth 100 gold pieces ), I have no idea how to know exactly how much silver is there in a silver coin.

Rapiers are boring

So even if I offer to pay 100 times their value in sheer silver crowns, I still can't do it because "muh coins"

Has anyone ever seen this before? A DM that special snowflakes an entire currency?

Why do you need to?
You only need 250 silver worth of money, and if everything's worth 100x more than you only need 2.5 silver. What's the problem?

So, the only reason is non-mechanical.

mechanically, versatile actually does something

>Versatile actually does something
Waste text space on a page?

It's so that he can go "Aaaaaaah, but you can't so easily buy pure silver in a realm such as this. What a challenging conundrum HMMMMM"

I have a player who wants to have a "sword hand," kind of like Ash Williams' "chainsaw hand." They want it to be something they can take on and off, and they would have a prosthetic wooden hand (no life in it) for when they're not in combat.

This is no problem mechanically (it'd basically just be wielding a one-handed longsword) but the idea of playing as a character with only one hand should come with drawbacks. We already agreed that switching hands from the sword to the wooden hand would require one full action, and that they can't possibly wield a two-handed weapon, but would I be too much of an asshole DM if I implemented, say, disadvantage on any DEX skill checks/saving throws designed to catch or climb something with two hands?

They also want to wield a hand crossbow in their other hand, wouldn't it be impossible to load it with just one hand?

Enable great weapon features?

Oh, so it's not 'The book says you need 25gp worth of silver but fuck you it's now 2500gp worth of silver' it's 'The book says you need something which I'm not letting you find'

Why doesn't the DM just say 'You can't find this item because I'm a bitch', then?

>Has anyone ever seen this before? A DM that special snowflakes an entire currency?
If I'm not using CP/SP/GP/PP, I'm using some unified currency. While different coins may have varying denominations, they all come with differently-shaped holes in the middle so you can run sticks of uniform size through them and have a nice roll of some useful amount. I like the image of people pulling a stick of fantasy quarters out of a bag and slapping it down because that's $20 rather than counting GP out of a fucking coinpurse.

Plus, someone in the party invariably beats some monster to death with a stick of silver coins.

What if you went Alphonse Elric on it? Found a great tinkerer who makes a retractable sword pop off his prosthetic hand?

So you can use a particular already quite weak fighting style with it when there's no reason to use a greataxe or greatsword instead other than 'I forgot to bring one' and in that case why did you bring a longsword?

If you have a fighting style and forget to bring decent weapons so you can actually be a decent martial, what the fuck is wrong with you?

I'd say disadvantage on climbing something that requires two hands when you only have one is being lenient

Is there an official merfolk playable race floating around? DM wants to do a coastal/sea-based adventure and I'm got a hankering to be a merman.

More importantly why did they remove the ability to choose whether your kensei weapon uses your dex or strength?

Because you're fucking boring and you want to play 'monk with more damage and maybe AC and nothing else interesting about it'

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of the one-handed man when it comes to getting equipment suited for his handicap. A crossbow isn't some hugely complex thing that's going to unload itself if it gets bumped; they have retention springs, so you can wave the fucker around all day. There are numerous ways the guy could load a crossbow without using a second hand to place the bolt in.

Maybe he's got a bandolier of sorts full of bolts around his legs and one of his upper arms. He slaps the crossbow against it just so and catches the bolt on a hook or forces it into the flight groove. Maybe he's got a nice magnet between the risers that sucks a bolt's head to it and holds it in place.
As for cocking the thing, he uses the crossguard of his swordhand to yank the string back, or has some special bolting mechanism that lets him cock by running the side of the crossbow against some other part of his body or the sword's guard again. It's just a dinky hand crossbow, it's not like we're talking about bajillions of pounds of draw weight here.

Aquaman is not useless, that meme is literal decades old.

Tritons in Volo's Guide to Monsters.
astranauta.github.io/races.html#Triton