Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have your characters ever been in any strange locations? What's the weirdest thing that happened to them there?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread link, if you dare.

My wizard and his party went inside a cave that had some temporal fuckery going on. Between traveling back and forward in time and dealing with evil reptilian shapeshifters, that cave is easily the weirdest thing I've ever seen in all the campaigns I've participated in.

How do I build a character to be the most "koboldy" kobold possible?

1. Write "kobold" in the race field on your character sheet.
2. Have some nice cocoa to celebrate your success.

Level 1 fighter that dies like a lizard-dog first encounter.

You need to:
Fuck up stat allocation.
Be a complete coward
Try to be a meme, only for the other players to hate you for eternity
Die

How do you make the most human character to every human?

Does anyone remember the name of that trait that gave you Wisdom to Diplomacy checks?

Most people fail miserably.

I know conversion inquisition allows WIS to diplomacy...along with bluff and intimidate.

I'm well aware of the conversion inquisition. I'm not playing a cleric/inquistor/incanter. I'm looking for the trait.

I got'chu senpai

You have 2 options:
Either a Draconic Sorcerer if you wanna be a caster
Or pick a martial class that has a trap building/setting oriented archetype. Alchemist can also work as well, as long as its built around traps. If you can convince your DM, you can also try he Vauntguard class by DDS

As for character, you need to be an even mix between cowardly, loyal, anal-retentive, and collective/group/hierarchy focused. Avoid doing anything on your own or splitting the party, and show, while also being incredibly aware of your own weakness and squishyness.

Also, on occasion talk about how Kobolds WUZ DRAGEENZ AN SHIEET! while also being super racist towards gnomes and dwarves

This is literally impossible. Everyone has a different view on what a "true human character" is that 100% real people will seem fictional to a significant number of people.

Take every Kobold racial feat possible, even the terrible ones.

Real life is stranger than fiction desu

Thanks.
>regional
Well shit, time to flip a coin between this an unorthodox method.

>implying 100% real people exist

How can DMs be real if players aren't real?

Are we all in the Matrix? Shit.

God, Qadira really is the greatest country in Golarion, isn't it? Their people are so wise and knowledgeable, they can sway people with their unmatched common sense and worldly experience!

Sarenrae provides.

Spinoza pls

I just realized having a NE Necromancer in a party with a LG Pharasman was a recipe for disaster. What was Wubu even thinking?

>all that concentrated Evil Bitch in one party

They're gonna suck that poor Warder dry, aren't they?

Matrix would be a blessing compared to the shit demiurge has done.

They weren't

But there hasn't been a disaster yet, iirc.

Conflict breeds character.

There's going to be a lot of breeding in that party.

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

It's okay, he's got someone to help carry the burden.

>Greentext literally had [Angry Pharasman Noises] when the zombie came out
>Party got ambushed, presumably from how loud things got

Its only going to get worse the stronger the Necromancer becomes.

Gnosticism is a shit meme religion that cannot sustain itself logically, and is only for cowards who wish to blame their life choices and struggles on some boogieman rather have the strength to keep movie forward

Well, my party sold groceries to dwarves and fought rat-people. Oddly enough, it was pretty fun.

A lot! Plenty of action, some good out-of-session character building, and strangely enough both the actual sessions ended on cliffhangers.

user, that conflict is one character's gripes and religious beliefs against another PC's MECHANICAL FUNCTION.

Some really cute pbp posts, Fennec user. I'm quite pleased.

A-are they going to suck Viviana dry too?

Terrible and fucking nothing.

Vult attacked the party?

Well, it certainly makes a shitton more sense than Christianity.

Probably bandits.

Yep. They need to decide who they want more, and nip the other in the bud, fast.

What's your favorite trope?

I always find myself playing Good characters who want to help people and are generous and selfless.

I'm a social worker and part time first responder trainer irl

Hell yes, the Paris Catacombs are awesome! I "baptized" my d20 in the water basin here.

No, it's a core values of a fictional person against the whims of another fictional person and the deliberately inflammatory spell choices of a player.

>failing the test of the Cogito
>failing to provide an actual logical reason why there is hope against the Demon/Evil Genius
>not having a proper epistemological answer to the trap of solipsism
>makes more sense
u 'avin a giggle m8?

Free will is a cheap cop-out and doesn't explain things like natural disasters.

As long as Branwen is focused on material possessions instead of dick, it should be fine.

Can a medic triage out of combat?

I'd assume so, but it depends on what the other limits of the ability are. I don't know the class, but how does triage work? Does it have a limited number of uses? And how do those uses refresh if it does?

Finally got my head wrapped around a proper Flower Court character. I'm actually liking it a great deal.

Well I mean, Slow is playing Andrik, and he doesn't seem averse to dropping campaigns? Would help remove the sole big stick in the mud keeping everyone else from getting their Evil on.

They're per encounter heals. 3xIniatiator Level in HP. Starts at 3/Encounter and goes up from there.

Eh, Andrik's easy to use if you aren't foolish about it.

I'm annoyed because I'm trying to think of a good aligned Flower Court character, but all I can come up with are LE and NE characters that want to take advantage of the princess' naivety and install themselves into positions of power within the burgeoning kingdom.

Or she acquires the dick and moves on. That works too.

I'd say they should either refresh at the end of an encounter. So you could technically still help people heal up after combat, but then you'd be strapped for healing when the next combat starts up.

So don't apply since you're obviously not down with the campaign premise.

Tell us about them!
Im still trying myself, but I'm worried this one might just be 2deep4me

That sounds fairly reasonable.

What conflict? They're a party in a DnD game. They have to get along.

>but all I can come up with are LE and NE characters that want to take advantage of the princess' naivety and install themselves into positions of power within the burgeoning kingdom.
So make somebody who thinks the Arlotes are wrongheaded in their governance and wants to play the Rasputin role for the public good.

It's kind of a hard premise to like, honestly. It's all too lofty, cerebral, and idea-based to really seem like a fun adventure story.

I've keep thinking about how to make a character, but I want to start a campaign as just a guy and become a hero through my actions, not start the campaign as a philosopher-king.

Not that user, but it clearly states in the listing that that kind of character is completely viable, only that it probably lowers your chances since on top of having to impress the DM like normal, you need to deceive the princess and whoever else might be helping her (the king?).

No. They just have to not want to kill each other and find each other useful enough to stick around with.

The issue is that a Paladin and a fucking Necromancer should very quickly want to kill each other.

>It's kind of a hard premise to like, honestly.
It's just a cookie-cutter noblebright setting, nothing too likeable or unlikeable.

Actually it does, you just fail to implement agency and the necessity of cause and effect on a scale larger than yourself.

Afterall, for free will to exist, all entities must have and share the equal and ineffable ability to independantly make choises that have inviolate and actual consequence. In order for such a thing to be, there must also be an apparatus for such choices to be able to occur and take effect, therefore cause and effect must exist and it must exist completely irrespective of everything, including out surroundings and environs. Since these things must also bend to cause and effect, this creates a universe girdled by a web of consequence and effects, all bouncing around and effecting everything else around them. Sometimes the chain of reactions and events bounces in such a way that disasters and calamities occur, other times it allows good things to happen which the limited mind of man would consider to be acts of serendipity. However, in the end it is all merely the srious of millions of interactions and reactions occuring at such vast scales over such long periods of time that they only appear to be divine to our limited mindsets

This also extends to the nature of Evil, and why bad things happen to good people. Evil is not an actual force or cosmic existence, but rather is the byproduct of choice made by individuals wilfully at the expense of other people for net selfish gain. Likewise, bad things happen to good people often times because the net of cause and effect beyond your comprehension occasionally gives them a raw deal. However, it is necessary that such things exist so that we may truly exist as free being capable of using our agency and ability to choose to shape our own lives, future, and purpose in a meaningful way, irregardless of who we are as a person or individual.

This is also the roots of human interaction, competition, growth, cooperation, and nearly every integral part of the human condition. Agency meeting Agency.

It's an OD/ZS Warder in this case, not a Paladin.

He just started raising a big stink because MUH PHARASMA.

Guy who is way over his head with the whole adventuring thing but still manages to not crack under pressure.

He's saying if you put the Satanist in a group with a devout Christian and the Satanist starts summoning devils with baby blood, the resulting conflict where the Christian realizes that's okay (because otherwise the other character has to change, or leave, same with the Christian) is good healthy character development.

Foolish about what? A Lawful Good surrounded by fairly evil, amoral people who can not only outvote him, but their evillness is a core part of their mechanics?

>Only Paladins are allowed to have deeply held religious beliefs

Shouldn't it be called nobledark? Fall of Rome is pretty grim, some of the regions have been described as literally starving to death because of it, and the impetus for the campaign is that everyone everywhere has lost all sense of meaning in life and doesn't know what to believe in anymore.

Lote itself seems very bright, but I don't think that holds true for the whole setting, and even with Lote we've been told that the archetype wise, noble king is becoming depressed and insecure.

That's still a divine powered class, a Lawful Good one at that.

AND HE'S a Pharsmite? He should have run her through,(with his sword that is made of metal that he uses to make things die) ages ago then.

Wait, can Pharasmans even be Lawful Good? I thought Pharasma was "True Neutral".

>lol dogs don't have souls see this one screaming in pain it's just a reflex haha
Burn in hell, Descartes, along with your worthless philosophy. The demon fooled you hook, line, and sinker.

>but their evillness is a core part of their mechanics?

Huh?

I think only the necromancer gains actual benefits from being evil.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Viviana gains powers from being *not* evil, because Knight Chandler.

I was going to mow the lawn.

But then it rained.

The rest of the party is 1 LE, 2 NE, 1 LN, 1 NG.

Only one person has necromancy as part of their mechanics. The entire argument of everyone except the necromancer in question was "can we please not discuss this when we're trying to set up an ambush?"

>trying to save your own shity situation by bringing in nonsequitors that have nothing to do with the current topic at hand
Yup, you mad. Further I was never claiming to be Descartes, I just felt using his pictures would help convey my words better.

So, do you have anyhting intellectual to actually say, or are you just going to shitpost to avoid justifying your spook?

A post last thread got me to thinking about the linguonyms for the various regions from EotFC. Here's what I've got so far:
Azure Mountains - Bluespeek
Gray Hills - Hillfolk
Ayo - Ayonese
The Waste - Saraezeshi
Bazarchel - Bazian
Versyl - Versylian
The Great Marsh - Marshian
Etther - Etthereal
Philtheir - Philthan

So it's a case of "I need to be this to work" versus "I oppose this on a fundamental level for basically roleplay reasons?"

Sounds like Andrik needs to go.

I have one word for you: Omnipotence.

I don't think so. Pharasma is a bit of an asshole.

We have gained the favor of a particular noble house. What kind of business enterprise would make more money taking advantage of his good graces?

To be fair, he's also an Abadaran and a Gorumite on the grounds that "Well, that's just what a good Brevic boy should do."

Ironically enough, it's the Iomedaean who's trying to help talk him down.

Smuggling Drugs.

>spook
it's funny because Stirner died miserable

Talked about him in the last thread. He's the inheritor of the hereditary title of Court Executioner. The position is meant to be more of a general enforcer/law bringer, but traditionally also carries out executions for capital criminals and others of importance. The position is supposed to be obscured as to who exactly is doing the execution, merely a member of the family. I represented this by the Faceless Enforcer vigilante + the Steel Skin trait.

From a character perspective his main conflict revolves around the two male figures in his life, his aging and ill father and his drunk of an uncle. I looked towards the Crimson Dreadnought PrC for this conflict to sort of center around. Becoming a Crimson Dreadnought fucks you up severely, involving being burned inside of your armor to perform the ritual. The character's gamily would trace their origins back to Baz and the training would be done in house and carried from heir to heir. The character's uncle is the older brother, and rejected becoming a Crimson Dreadnought, forcing it on the character's father. The reason the character's father is so sick is because being a Crimson Dreadnought puts enormous amounts of strain on one's body, and shortened his lifespan severely. My character is hiding the fact that he's the only one fit to do executions where it should be him, his father, and his uncle (he's hiding behind the Faceless Enforcer mask). The character's only other living family is his younger sister.

Something the character is extremely paranoid about is the possibility of dying before producing an heir. If he dies then the one to inherit the role of the executioner is his uncle, as he's the only one fit + has the training. So marrying and producing a male heir as soon as possible is high on his list of priorities.

In the end what the character's main choice is whether to reject the Crimson Dreadnought training, being like his uncle, or take up the Crimson Armor, and be like his father.

We all do.

Speak for yourself.

Also his family's symbol is a snake, he and pretty much all his family members have freaky snake features, the most common a fangs/mouth. He has scales covering a portion of his body and a strangely reptilian face. The family's actual crest is a snake tied in a knot. The plan for the statue is of a man with his throat being bitten by a snake while trying to devour the snake's tail. His character is supposed to represent primarily Pietas, and secondarily Gravitas and Severitas. Basically 'order and peace through law'.

Okay, how does anybody maintain Crimson Templar status? Being Lawful Good and being a sneaky, backstabbing fuck is hard to reconcile.

I think we should have some faith in the players to resolve this cordially rather than seeing all of their potential issues as "incompatible party X must go."

The Bling players are all veterans with good reputation, after all. The likelihiod that the game will somehow explode is low.

I want DHB to leave.

My Sorcerer has been inside a meteor heading for the planet and to another world entirely

Ran my usual session of Rappan Athuk with the party meeting a Goblin obsessed with metalwork, a half orc samurai and a cowardly Gnoll who only spoke 3 words of common(no, fuck, shit) and nobody could speak Gnoll.

Also played in our usual session of Carrion crown. completing book 5 and using some of the money to create a flying animated bag of holding to carry me and my familiar around

Pharasma is an asshole, but it seems Andrik is not. Alignment is a personal code and countenance as much as anything.

Imagine super honorable ninja archetype

Don't let that discourage you. Just think about what you think is important in life, browse that tv tropes page, read up on philosophies until you come across an interesting idea that appeals to you.