Cities of Death, urban combat and terrain rules

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/22/new-warhammer-40000-cities-of-death-may22gw-homepage-post-4gw-homepage-post-4/

Can't believe there wasn't a thread for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/30/new-40k-shooting-phase-apr30gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's because there isn't anything to bitch about. Urban battles are some of my favorite to play though, so I am happy for this article

There wasn't a thread because wow, it's fucking nothing. Some of these teasers are 'why even bother' tier.

Eh its nothing much but Im glad only Infantry can gain the full benefits of a ruin with other stuff needing to be obscured by, no more giant monstrous thing have a pinky toe in a ruin for a 2+ cover save.

What, so we only discuss things if there is something to bitch about, not if there is something worth discussion like say, a stratagem that lets you essentially give infiltrate to ANY infantry unit of your choosing? Or new information about the benefits of digging in for those who play a gunline? Or learning about how they are adding a fire in the hole rule? Those all seem worth discussing to me.

I'm sad your heart is bitter and shriveled and all the salt that's been packed into it over the years has left you unable to experience innocent joy.

Which is pretty important, and worth speculating over in my opinion. It's a big change.

so. fire in the hole rule makes it look like they're going for grenades as a terrain clearing tool.

makes sense i supose.

You think we'll still be stuck lobbing just one?

6 shots rerolling wounds per man seems a little overkill if it isn't.

Point, but the range would probably be shite and you'd have to slog up close enough to use it.

Between the Cities of Death stratagem and the Trygon earlier, I think it's safe to say the default for deepstriking will be automatic when you want it, but 9 inches away from enemy models (though of course, some might break from the default)

>50 point squad of Guardsmen dealing 60 auto hits

Seems a bit broken. I think it will still be stuck at one.

They're shots not hits, it's flamers not grenades that get d6 autohits.

but they also mentioned how whatever wasn't on the field by turn three was just dead. If you were automatically able to get it all on...well that could still work actually even without the element of chance that might mean you'd loose some reserves. Yeah, maybe. I'd kind of miss the scatter though, if it's 100 percent going to go where I want it that makes things too easy.

Maybe, deep striking is supposed to be more uncertain in where you turn up than a trygon coming up or walking through some sewers though. Both those cases you can only get lost if you actually lose track of where you are physically, rather than warp nonsense taking you somewhere else even if you calculated it right.

> Grenades are now 6-shots against infantry in ruins
> Tactical Marines and Scouts now both have 2+ armour in cover, except that scouts now have not only 2+, but also a -1 to hit for enemies.
> Scouts in cover are now nigh-indestructible

>but also a -1 to hit for enemies
When was this stated?

its speculation.
smoke launchers were mentioned to now be -1 to hit instead of a cover save.
so presumably Stealth will be the same.

The scouts need to stand still to get the +2 and from what I read that rule is only good if you are playing a city fight game. So your opponent will at least have some forewarning and ability to pick his own good units for such a map.

That said IG vets could be in the same or similar position to Scouts and that is a beautiful thing.

Also makes Noise marines ignoring cover more potent.

We also don't know if there will be a cap on how many grenades you can 'shoot' like there is now. That 50 pt squad might still only be 16 lasgun shots 6 grenade shots and 1 las pitol shot

But will they still ignore cover?

One of the preview articles said sonic guns would ignore cover. I think it was the chaos faction focus, maybe the first gun preview.

Found it, it's the shooting phase article
warhammer-community.com/2017/04/30/new-40k-shooting-phase-apr30gw-homepage-post-4/

>There are also a few weapons that ignore this bonus cover to armour effect – such as those wielded by Chaos Noise Marines and a Leman Russ’ nova cannon.