Concepts you want to play

ITT we post concepts we'd like to play but we haven't had the chance yet, wether because of time, forever DM or stupid close-minded DM.

For me it's a Camarilla character
>ambitious neonate with lots of charisma but not much else
>found a way into an old vampire's den
>commits the Amaranth
>got caught but found in his memory some things he heard about what could happen after diablerie
>uses wits and charm to pretend that the old vampire's soul, much more powerful than the neonate's, got control of the body
>is now in a sticky situation, having to pretend to be an old vampire to not get killed whuile also not knowing much about the guy he pretends to be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwFVh_c4bcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Telekinetic brain in jar, laughs manically and zaps people.
Plays as a true lawful evil.

Want to make a wizard that only know illusion magic and is charismatic to people

Any kind of combat oriented character that is min-maxed to shit and back, but IC he is the mildest and friendliest guy on the planet that would rather try to talk a situation out instead of dismembering a fool.
That changes immediately the moment the offending party attacks or gravely disrespects him or his companions.

A legendary warrior, who is now crippled, weak and needs a cane just to walk. It's a very difficult thing to pull off in DnD, which is why I haven't used it yet.

Kinda sounds Gary Stu-ey
You'd need to make him more flawed to make him not unbearably perfect

Find another game to play him in

Shit, you are right. I don't know what direction to take him though.

I just want to play a character that for once isn't a very angry heal-guy that gets incredibly frustrated that nobody sits down for their wounds to close or a smug asshole that would sell his mother to the devil for a three-day old double cheese sandwich. I want to be the kind guy for once.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwFVh_c4bcg

Would love to be some kind of large barbarian type fuck in a sci-fi cyberpunk game. Maybe his augmentations make him a big boy or something but he's ignorant as he is strong

Guy with a magical prosthetic arm that's just the arm from a full plate harness, maybe with some magical fire inside or whatever.

Dont give a fuck about the character beyond that, it just needs to be represented mechanically.

But I don't want to play another game. I want to play DnD.

Then you're fucked.

There are a few types of nice guys.

Annoying nice guy : who is and acts nice but also would like others to follow his path, often paladin type or old wise Man

Naive nice guy : wants to always act nice but sometimes gets used by his trusted fellows into some not-so-nice stuff, see healer or insecure warrior

Clever nice guy : tries to be nice in all situations, even if it means lying or manipulating as long as the least harm is done, sometimes gets accused of being evil because of his methods, see thief, merchant or bard.

A character who combats primarily through piloting a small mech, kind of like DVa from Overwatch. Here, I even got a picture - it's APLU Ripley from SS13.

Like my obese multimillionaire who meched around punching vampires
Gurps is a wonderful drug

>The Narrator, a traveller who uses magic as a storytelling tool, scouring the lands at the whim of his 'god' who tells him where he is needed for 'plot reasons'
Essentially a seemingly self-aware bard/warlock who mostly uses illusion magic. The part about 'plot reasons' gives him an infallible reason to stick with the party.

> An arcane-originated lifeform created to assist in research, given free will and the gift of magic from his master as she died. He now searches for a way to commune with her so he can complete her work as all her books are in a coded script that only she knew.
I even have a character sheet ready for this one.

> A rogue who uses purely social stealth to talk his way to his target

Human warlock that uses a mixture of alchemy and magic to roid himself up

A batshit mad lumberjack. Not the "lol I do something funny" kind, but the "cuts down trees and uproots their stumps because fuck the birds" kind, the motherfucker that will let out a coherent word thrice per week. All the other days, he just rambles about shit that may or may not have happened, with the intensity of a man walking into hell and then sell wood in whatever price is asked, no negotiations

I'm basing him 100% off a guy that my family let stay on our old house after his folks asked to pay the rent for it. He was actually a cool guy, but the first week there, he killed the entire garden, trees included.

Mute character who has to communicate with hand gestures. In a pinch he can scream or moan or something, but otherwise can't talk.

Split personality - intellectual, eloquent spellcasting wizard type, and vicious mailing barbarian type. Mechanics don't really allow it without sucking hard.

Character with one of every class level.

The hidden power of wizard 1/fighter 1/etc

I wanted to make a character with ptsd, but I have no idea how to do it mechanically. Any ideas?

A witch that's part of a coven that refers to one another in familial terms. She just need to go visit her Auntie for tea, which may actually be a tea party. Everyone listens to Grandmother.

A dragon sorcerer whose bloodline is expressed more as a mutation. He's a beggar whose flesh is twisted and draconic, with like patches of scaled skin, a misshapen mouth with one draconic eye, wicked claws, and body protrusions. He's rather meek and grateful to any kindness, but can get real fucking scary, and as he levels his mutations get worse and even painful.

Pre-Highlord Alarak, with the other players being other Ascendents. Attempting to sabotage each other while working together until direct challenges can be made.

>doesn't want to try something new

For D&D or PF: a strix monk who had clipped wings, accepted by neither his own people or humans, on a quest to get both to finally set aside their grudges and get along.

Main reason it hasn't happened is the one game I wanted to play him in one of the players was being a lore,fag and kicked a fit. He ended up creating a blue kobold warlock named Shitface because "if I could have a stupid character concept, so could he."

A farmers son trying to hunt down his mother killer. Twist is, he was approached by a mysterious, smooth talking elderly man in a slick grey business suit that offered him a damn nice (if a little edgy looking) revolver and a clue to get him searching in the right direction.
The revolver has some supernatural element to it, he may trade away parts of his life, his soul, his essence or whatever you want to call it and in return the revolver temporarily gains a lotta punch proportional to the life given. Now who the man in the grey suit is and why he gave my character the gun are loose ends that I'd leave up to the DM to give him some plot elements to play with.
Prolly work best in a street level supers campaign.

You seem to be quite attracted to fourth-wall breaking. That's good, I like that.

World of Darkness did a lot back in the day to implement madness into its system. Basically, depending on what illness you had and how you got it, you got certain triggers, on those triggers you had to roll willpower and if you didn't succeed, you had a panic attack (or violence outburst or hallucination episode).

Nice idea for a dragon sorcerer. I always tend to think of them as kind of too perfect a race/class.

Always give tools to make your DM torture you.