/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 4 (1d26)

Imperial Shitbad Edition
Dancing Thallax
Anons told us about their dudes on a thread that seemed as unending as the Great Crusade itself. Magi gather their forces to the sound of True Martian Beats from the Ullator, as their transports are going to buttfuck everyone. Fulgrim got LOYALED, minis and lists were posted but no-one gives a shit about Magnus' ugly mini anymore. All that and much more in the previous thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I completely missed the tiny snek holding up the tide of doom and destruction from stopping the Hoplites horribly raping that Dread. This must be how they won in the Paramar Labyrinth. Oddly adorable for a horrible knife-skull murderbot tentacle.
Could there then be a reason to make some slightly scarier ones as a Distraction Carnifex of sorts? I was thinking something like a tiny Netch from Elder Scrolls, but with twin lasgun barrels pointing out from under the lens cluster in front. Go poke people and try to get them to shoot it, since it's probably going to live through someone trying to perfunctorily remove it with a Rhino.

Or do you want them titchy and hidey until you can use them to block, so they don't notice? I admit I didn't exactly think of them as actual units until you mentioned blocking things. I could use the spider swarms that come with Xander's Abeyant, rather than using them as basing material for the Myrmidons to denote personal favour.

You could also hide a couple behind your Myrmidon squad, providing cover fuckery and Interceptor, then afrer shooting jump them over the squad to block pretty much all charges and also provide cover if they're modelled slightly taller than the baby sneks. The possibilities are ENDLESS! Muhahahahah!

Thanks for summarising, user. The lack of them has been saddening while I was too busy to bake and/or asleep at oven time.

>The lack of them has been saddening while I was too busy to bake and/or asleep at oven time.
I know, right? We've actually had comfy threads. But threads usually archive at 2 am for me, so don't get used to my summaries.
Again.
;^)

2nd for fuck you, this in now an IF thread.

Oh, that's alright. It can be both ;^)

Yeah, I see what you mean.

A lot of the other legion heads are generic enough that you could use them. On the more daemonic side, what about SoH heads, or 3rd party stuff like Spellcrow? Maybe TS if you shave off the forehead decorations but they are pretty out there.

Romance is both inefficient and worthy of a pain glove.
If you want love to bloom on the battlefield, then look to those who come after us.

Cerberus Tank Destroyer - great tank destroyer, or greatest tank destroyer?

Or the worst, because it's a lot of points without getting as many shots as the cheaper Sicaran Venator or more expensive Falchion. But it's so ugly I kind of want one.

Dind ding ding on the last parts, if you want fast and Killy, get two Sicarians. If you want Xboxhueg rapefests, grab a falchion.

The ironic part is since it's D3 you're statistically going to have the same number of shots of the same power from both machines, except one is twice as expensive.

I own a falchion, and it's really not my favorite thing. Sure, D is fun and all, but ironically I don't think it's worth 600+ points when I could bring a knight-errant for Killy power on all levels for roughly half the price.

So yeah, a knight or a pair of venators, hell maybe even some laser destoyer Rapiers, but never a Cerberus.

It's mainly burdened by being inferior to its counterparts in all three regards:
- The Sicarian Venator stunlocks for way less.
- The Glaive punches harder.
- The Typhon is more flexible.
That said, it is by no means a bad vehicle. It's still a tough bastard that takes a concentrated effort to get rid off while being fairly mobile.

>"Are you ashamed, Magneric?" said Kalkator. "Is this why you pursue me so recklessly? I remember a time when our comradership was lauded as an example of how our Legions could set aside their differences and find brotherhood"
>"A trust and bond you betrayed"
>"Sh-sh-sh-sh" hushed Kalkator as he made placed a gauntleted finger upon Magneric's cold, hardened glacis. "I could say the same of you. We fought together, Magneric. We must do so again. The alternatives are poor". "We can kill each other now...", the Warsmith's servo arm made delicate circles at the neck joint supporting Magneric's sensory array. The sensation reminded him of when he still was flesh. "...or let the orks slay us one after the other. Together, we have a chance. Together, we might leave this world" cooed Kalkator.
Love blooms on the ramparts and the artillery batteries, user. There is no shame in that.

>Glaive
Derp, I meant Falchion.

>siding with traitors most foul, even if it means your own life
Please tell me the templar stuck a sword through this guys neck before charging towards the orks shouting at the top of his voice.

...c-can my love bloom?

>while being fairly mobile
Hmm, maybe being a super-heavy means it'll make more sense in my WS army than a Sicaran Venator would. Six Javelins would be more fluffy... but they'd struggle against a flare shield.

what do you guys think of my new contemptor

n-nice

Are IF, IS, and BA the only Marine forces that participated in Siege of Terra? Or can there be other Shattered Legion forces, Blackshields, etc on it?

I know nothing about Mechanicum armies, but I understand volkite weapons are Martian - do any of their units actually use volkite chargers or the larger ones?

When the fuck are the Aquilon Terminators and Telemon Dreadnought coming out? I NEED them

>"If they do not stand united, your craft will never make it to surface either". The Warsmith inched ever closer. "Do not be a fool, Magneric. Remember our battles, and how often I was right then". The Warsmith bent forwards to caress the engraved glacis of Magneric's sarcophagus, his eyes at the level of the dreadnought's visor slit.
>"I am right now", he whispered, eyes half-closed.
>A long moment passed. No words were forthcoming. The two lines of Space Marines faced each other silently, awed at the physical closeness of their commanders.
>Kalkator shook his head, blushed hard, and replaced his helm. "You are making a grave mistake. I will return to my warriors, and we shall-"
>"Wait, don't go!" said Magneric, his voice low and distorted. "I recluctantly agree. We shall fight side by side one more time. Hear me, warriors of the Black Templars!" He rotated from side to side, addressing all his followers. "No member of our chapter is to harm the Iron Warriors until our treaty is sundered. So swear I, Magneric, Marshal of the Kalkator crusade. Ralstan, command Ericus to aid the Iron Warrior ship. Have him provide me an estimated extraction time"
>Magneric bent down, his sarcophagus slit glowind in the failing light. "We will leave this world together, Kalkator, or not at all. I-it's not l-like I want to leave with you, though, don't get the wrong idea! It's the ork's fault. Don't even think of betraying me".
>"You have my word that I will abide by the terms of our agreement", said Kalkator, "more for the sake of our old frienship than for anything else in the galaxy. Now come with me ;^)! Bring your warriors into the redoubt. We must make our preparations, the two of us, like in old times". Magneric was thankful the thick shell of his dreadnought was hiding his blush, as his former brother at arms led him by the hand into the secluded confine of his chambers.

It's somewhat implied that they were the only legions present with the small possibility of very small representatives forces less than 40-50 strong from other Legions.

As far as shattered Legions and such? Your guess is as good as mine but I bet you they were so heavily scrutinized it's nuts; they probably were the first line of defense.

given that we've got the black library retards fellating themselves over the chance to get rid of the old fluff, I'd say it's likely they'll do a retarded every legion is there smashup, with all the primarchs fighting each other and acting like retards

I fully expect that there'll be small shattered legion forces present, possibly marines who were already in the Segmentum Solar when the war broke out. On the traitor side, the Alpha Legion aren't known to have participated... it'll be interesting to see if FW writes them in.

The Siege is likely to take more than one book to cover, and it'd be good business for FW to not leave anybody out. A mere company would be enough to cover most people's armies. However - I wouldn't expect them to be featured at the palace itself.

Blackshields are a little more questionable but I don't really see Dorn and Malcador turning them away if they pass the smell test.

>with all the primarchs fighting each other and acting like retards
It'd be a very minor retcon to have Guilliman and Mr. Johnson land before the traitors finish their evacuation - that's a good opportunity for some primarch-on-primarch action.

I'm loving this

Look, the Telemon I can live without, the Galatus and the Achillus both look better at any rate, but the Aquilon are needed. Like, a lot.
Hopefully they have non-retarded sculpt that is at least somewhat posable (looking at you, Agamati) with infernus firepikes as hefty, two-handed fuckers.

>Minor

Hnrg

Rules-wise it seems like firepikes would be one-handed, sadly

One option is to have them not land before the traitors take off, but fight them in space. The Lion boards a Word Bearers ship and gets possessed by a daemon before returning to Caliban, and Guilliman boards an Alpha Legion ship and kills Alpharius, but gets killed and replaced by Omegon.

Write my OTP for me? Or me and senpai?

> Or me and senpai?
You already have Vivian. Can't top that thing.
Nor surpass that writing :^)

Honestly even if they are in still planning to extend the barrel to be as long as the old art. It just looks too damn cool

Red.

Was Siege of Terra warzone the whole planet? Or mostly centered around Himalaya / the Palace?

> Battle of Omaha Canyon
> Attack on Great Wall of Meksico

That's why I mentioned it. I still hold out hope that it's a two-handed weapon and just uses the melee profile of the solarite talon, but I am aware that odds are low for this being the case.
Well, if so I am sure can convert them in some manner.

>Brother Octopus
Where is Arachnus Manus when we need him?

It's spelled "Y'all."

Quit appropriatin' my culture you urban-dwelling prancing lala homo man.

I keep them small and unnasuming so people ignore them until it's to late! Once you fuck up a prime units charge or movement it's hilarious that they ignored the stabby skull for so long haha.
Hell yes Mechanicum use Volkite of all shapes and sizes, I run a unit of myrmidons destroyers with heavy volkite and they choom like champs

Mostly centered on the Imperial Palace around what's currently Nepal - I don't think they had time for much more, given that (in the old fluff, at least) it only lasted 55 days.

The only fighting we know of beyond the palace is from the Emperor's Children getting bored and going off to have fun with the natives, and some White Scars going after them. No idea how far they may have gone.

It sure is.

Would it be Heretical if I minor-convert GW Centurions into Myrmidons?

Yes. SM inside SM must die

What're you planning to do with it? I feel like it could be done with some part swapping and maybe some choppin+greenstuff, but it depends what your goal is.

No

Head swap, gun mounted on shoulder, cables here and there?

Not sure what to do with the chest plates though. Damn aquila...

Sound gross and way to much work to make it even half passable for 30k. If you are going to be tight on cash then just China them bro, but if your tighter on cash then that then why are you wasting time and money on toy soliders instead of improving your life .........

>The Siege is likely to take more than one book to cover
I figure something about the same. Mars will probably have its own book as well, but at the very least we'll get a book on the Siege, and a book on 'everything else' in the Sol system.

Chinese Myrmidons are cheaper than GW centurions

>Chinese Myrmidons are cheaper than GW centurions
They speak in Binhndarin and steal weapons designs from other Magi. Easier to manufacture, but of great fragility, poor quality and usually toxic emanations.

What was Alpharius's endgame here? I know he wanted to prove his superiority to Dorn but was his ultimate goal really single combat? The Alpha Legion and their Primarch never really excelled in straight-up fighting so it's weird that he'd voluntarily choose it as a final arbiter.
>he didn't think Dorn would unceremoniously open fire
How could he possibly have expected anything less? Dorn's two major character traits are loyalty and stubbornness.

Anyone have the Shattered Legions audio book they can dump?

>that picture

>Dorn's two major character traits are loyalty and stubbornness.
And Alpharius's are being overly clever and also pretty desperate to prove himself - he wanted to tell Dorn his plan, and prove to Dorn that he was doing the right thing.

>Dorn's two major character traits are loyalty and stubbornness.

And sucking the emperor's dick

Eat a dick, perturabo

Tough for Alpharius to beat Dorn when Dorn refuses to play the game.

Though Dorn did out-ruse him by pretending to send his fleet away.

It was cool to have Dorn's statement that he understood his brother be validated.

>also pretty desperate to prove himself
Goddamn why are all the Primarchs so fucking insecure?

i would but between Dorn and Guilliman, they've managed to covet all the cocks in the galaxy

Pardon me if I'm wrong, since I haven't gotten to that story yet, but are we 100% sure that was actually Alpharius that was slain? Given the levels of samefagging and misdirection within the Alpha Legion, it can be difficult to tell who is who.

100%

>Warpsplosion when he loses his head
>Dorn knows it's him
>Omegon wakes up and is like "Whelp, I'm alone now."

Yes. There was the standard whirlwind of warp nonsense from a primarch's death, but more telling was that his death knocked Omegon unconscious from across the damn galaxy. Omegon had never been unconscious before in his entire life.(That statement is stupid as fuck, but it is in the book.)

They then devote an entire scene to Omegons point of view and him feeling alone for the first time in his life, and his realization that when he says "I am Alpharius" it won't be funny anymore. He has to actually step up and BE Alpharius now.

Also, Goulding said it was canon. People here hate him, but he IS the one in charge. Good thing the AL had a spare. Must be nice.

Also, if you read the story where you know that particular marine is Alphy it makes sense when he does shit you'd call bullshit on if a regular marine did it.

It went deeper for Alpharius than others, because he had a pathological need to have his method be right. It's an actual genetic trait among the Alpha Legion that they tend to gloat about how masterfully they keikaku'd their opponents.

It's a legion of sledgehammers that really want people to acknowledge how great they are at chess. That's neat and all, but it's a waste of your assets.

Joke's on them, mortal operatives could do all the crap they do without wasting so many years and hard-to-make organs.

>Good thing the AL had a spare. Must be nice.
>implying Bob didn't kill Omegon during the Scouring
The Alpha Legion in 40k only make sense if both their Primarchs are dead and they have no direction.

>i would but between Dorn and Guilliman, they've managed to covet all the cocks in the galaxy
Fucking kek.

Fair point. During the HERESY they had a spare.

I'm sure the Iron Hands would have loved a spare Ferrus rather than the original in two dead pieces.

What interests me is what the split between Dorn and Rob will be like. Both will claim they killed Alpharius, and both will call the other a liar. I want to see those two hating the shit out of each other.

But the Ultras claim Bob didn't kill Alpharius and that whole campaign's account was a lie.

Yeah, the Ultras admitted they weren't entirely sure if it was actually Alpharius that time. Dorn can with certainty.

I expect Omegon to maybe be secret loyalist and either way to survive to 40k where he pops up in the next couple years where we get to learn about all his secret adventures.

Double super bonus prediction: the Alpha Legion marine working with Eisenhorn from Abnett's new inquisitor series is actually Omegon himself for extra what the fuck.

Someone is the old general posted an excellent example of Iron Banters.

Kek, that was me as well. How did you make the text so big?

>the Alpha Legion marine working with Eisenhorn
Excuse me?

Hey, someone reposted one of my shitty memes. Looking back I think
>tfw to intelligent to win
is a much better caption

>shitty
>Heresy memes

Pick one user

Kind of want to run a squad of five Custodians with Pyrithite Spears.

Is this dumb? They seem great for vehicle hunting. Or should I split the five up amongst standard squads?

Would Chaos actually been fucked if somehow Horus beaten the E?

It actually would've been great for Chaos, since instead of having to grind out the rest of the Imperium for thousands of years, the Imperium likely would've fallen into total anarchy and ruin within a few decades. Aside from the obvious morale implications in losing the Emperor, the Astronomican would cease to function, which would effectively cut off all Imperial worlds from one another (warp jumps without the Astronomican are risky and easily misdirected over 5ly) except within the vicinity of Ultramar. Also, Earth would've been overrun with daemons, since the Emperor had to remain seated on the Golden Throne to keep the Earth Webway (now full of daemons because of Magnus' fuck up) shut.

Though, it's great assuming that eating the entire galaxy is a good thing. Because certain individuals/groups (i.e. The Cabal) think that once Chaos ate the galaxy, it would starve itself to death soon after because there'd be little to no psychic fuel left. So who knows.

>Trusting salty eldars that killing yourself would be good for galaxy.

Dark Imperium boxed set is up guys btw

Not that it gonna matter much to us.... unless you're playing Dark Mechanicum Vulthrax

Dark Imperium box set? Link?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Also, Goulding said it was canon. People here hate him, but he IS the one in charge.
It sounds like he often wasn't the one coming up with ideas, but would make sure that the authors' ideas fit into what had been written so far and what had been planned for the future (and of course he'd contribute too). More of a coordinator than a creator.

But at the end of last year he left - hired by Disney, probably to be the loremaster for Star Wars.

Dedicated squads are always best.

Huh, well that looks neat; those PAssault Marines look fucking huge, wierd. Also the plaque cultists are freaky looking

The drone looks awesome for making Vulturax, but because they Nurgle'd it by hacking bits off of the rotors and such it may be a bit of a pain to convert. Unless I weather it up with the Red Cloud so it looks like normal corrosion, I guess.

New objective markers are fukken sweet. They even have a dedicated medical Servitor I can yoinks and a gurney I can turn into a Throne Mechanicum for something big, and an Imperial bio-storage tank with a fuckton of control panels and such, AND munitions crates. That's basically an "Everything I need to convert up a sexy Genetor army" kit.

It's just a screencap from my phone. I was at work while checking the general. Phone posting is cancer but at least the screencaps are clear and the text is not eye straining.

Wonder if those assault marine heads fit into Tartaros bodies. Would make nice, enhanced rebreather helmets for DG Tartaros.

Shoulder question here. What goes where? From what I've gathered, it's legion on the left unless it's has studs, correct?

Legion markings on the left, unit markings on the right.

Cool, thanks. I was about to glue them on, but wanted to be sure.

So, how likely is it that some ass will try to use these as truescale mkIVs?

Now with tactical support squads...

...destroyer squads...

...two centurions, a herald and a praetor.

>MK8 like torso with aquilla
>Mk7-sigmar pattern legs
>Hands are not mk4 either
>Bolt rifles needs replacing with regular bolters
>That things that is called captain
no

Literally what purpose does that gunshield serve?

Very. To be fair, the helmet is pretty much the same and speaking as a non-Marine player that's pretty much all I look at aside from knowing MK2/3 have the torso plates. There's probably a billion minor differences, but I can't be fucked to work them out.

I will say that the new bolters and plasma guns they have look pretty nice. I may co-opt some, add some Admech sigils and make them into Plasma Calivers if they're not far too big. Which is likely.

The gunshields and landing skids on look a bit silly, though. What was the idea there? "I know, I'll block my eyeline for the occasion I need to accurately aim a shot by attaching this fairly useless armour plate to it, rather than just carrying a Boarding Shield on my arm." "Also, I cannot look where I am jumping because someone set this helmet a mile back from the gorget".

Everyone congratulate the Captain for discovering how to reproduce Marines, he's apparently wearing "Gravis Armour". I guess he's starting a club with the Gravidon Destructors?

Otherwise, I wouldn't really have much of a problem if someone wanted to convert some truescale dudes from these, although possibly not if he'd just got the starter set and called it an army.