>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:

Best races for fighters?

any with a physical stat increase
and as always, v. human

How do I actually add the 5etools Roll20 userscript to Chrome?
All that happens is it downloads the js and then chrome says I can't add an extension from that page.

Variant human for compulsory weapon feats.

As with all classes, the answer is variant human.

humans and anything that is big and tall.

Variant human is only the answer for classes with compulsory weapon feats.

Dorf

Pay the feat tax.

AND MY TAX

Bullshit. Feats are always nice to have - and when you're out of compulsory ones, you can finally get to the fun stuff. Have you seen all the racial feats recently, and skill feats too? Things will only get better for variant humans from now on.

Usually if you want a feat as a person who doesn't have compulsory feats you can just wait until level 4.

Starting with effectively +3/+1 isn't worth it over +2/+1/+nice racial features.

What sort of ridiculous rule exploitation has been found in 5e? Stuff that any sane DM would veto but technically work according to the rules?

Something along the lines of older editions where you could drown yourself to save yourself from massive negative damage

Close your eyes for disadvantage, then use lucky to pick the best of 3 dice you roll for super advantage, as opposed to attacking normally and using lucky for normal advantage.

Nuclear druid comes to mind.

UA Gothic Heroes allows you to do that, as long as you are a revenant.

Net fighting. You can make a melee weapon attack with a net to avoid disadvantage and deal damage with sneak attack damage.
A lot of UA shit like nuclear druid.

What's that?

What everyone opinion on Tunnel Fighter style?
Does it work is sentinel?

If you exploit one of the UA Druids' features, you can *technically* do an astronomical amount of damage with Magic Missle. Any DM who allowed it would be foolish, however.

Pathfinder is to 5e like Broodwar is to Candy Crush

Seriously, no options, no customizations everything dumbed down... why play it

@53380640
For fun and because we don't want to play a spread sheet simulator

What did he mean by this?

When I play 5e and want to create a fighter wielding a sword and a shield, I just make a fighter.
When I play pathfinder and want to create the same, I need to dig through five thousand splatbooks and dozens of internet guides to create an optimal build, and then I'll still fail to contribute because 3.PF is a caster game.

Also, 5e playerbase is not infested with weebs and furries.

Black men.

Are you mad that 5e is stealing potential Pathfinder players?

My party finished the Barber of Silverymoon. In the end one PC ended up transformed into a Yuan-Ti Pureblood and the Dwarf's hair, mostly consisting of beard, became a gateway to Ysgard

The first PC was a teenage Human Noble and this is super not cool. What are methods a PC might change their race in game?

Also what information/material is there for Ysgard? The DMG is really sparse on it.

Yeah, it's infested with X-Card wielding snowflakes.

Or is that certain man with a certain rainbow avatar doing it ironically

>Teenage Human Noble learns that reptilians have been controlling human society for years.
>Because he is one of them.
How is this not super cool?

Does radiant damage break things, such as a chair for example?

Her parents will be pissed fer sure and how is she supposed to get a date to the homecoming dance now?

Don't purebloods look exactly like humans? If so, either he was too ugly to get a date anyway, or he'll have no problem since some girls like the aloof bad boy type.

Whoops...just realized its a female that got turned. Either way my statement stands. There's guys and girls out there who like that type.

Where does Veeky Forums gets this idea of PF = furry userbase lol

It's not technically, it's obviously. They intentionally made their ridiculous errata to multi hit spells when it comes to adding your damage modifier, but decided that "simultaneously" hitting with multiple missiles somehow means you roll once for all missiles, meaning you add your damage bonus to all missiles.

My pet theory: The emphasis on shitloads of stats and rules spread across 500 books appeals to the autistic behaviors commonly found amongst furries, weebs, and bronies.

>pathfinder is brood war
You wish.

They can "pass" as humans, and as it stands she has fangs that conceal like a rattlesnakes so that's not a huge problem. But under close inspection purebloods can be rutted out. She has some scales under her clothes. Another side effect is that her hair is green and scaly, easily concealed with a hood etc.

Nigga if you don't think Pureblood women are hot as fuck, then get out of my face.

I played BW back in the day, but what's going on here?

What's an X-card?

What makes Variant Human so good? And how is it different from regular human? Sorry if this is obvious I'm new.

Are there any useful Android apps?

Magic Missile is worded that you roll 1d4+1 damage, and each missile deals that result, rather than rolling 3d4+3.

This means when you combine it with features that add spell damage, such as for example a wizard who adds INT to one spell damage roll, so instead of doing 1d4+6, 1d4+1 and 1d4+1, it does 1d4+6 multipled 3 times, potentially against the same target.

This is then used with the Twilight Druid, who can empower spells with necrotic damage, adding at peak 10d10 Necrotic damage to a single spell cast.

So your magic missile now does 1d4+1+10d10 damage, an average of 58 damage. And if you use a 9th level spell slot, you're launching 11 missiles for an average of near 600 damage that automatically hits with no saving throw and can be distributed between multiple creatures.

There are multiple builds that focus around different methods of this, such as using Magic Initiate, or a single level in Cleric for the Arcane Domain, often splasing Fighter for Action-surge to fire two rounds at once, or taking Grave Domain for channel divinity to mark a foe with vulnerability to necrotic or the like.

But the general idea is to get a no save, no roll to hit 500-1000 damage spike, thus the name Nuclear Druid.

There is also Nuclear Monk, who uses the "Peace and Serenity Pacifist" style because at level 17, when an ally is dropped to 0 you gain +20 damage to your damage rolls for one turn. You then pull out a wand of magic missile and empty it for 1d4+21 multiplied by 11 darts.

Humans get +1 to every stat, a very questionable bonus, since you don't actually need every stat. Variant humans get +1 to two stats, a free skill and a free feat.
A feat can be used on many things. Rogues want Crossbow Expert. Martials want GWM and Polearm Master, or at least a Shield Master. Casters want Resilient. Everybody wants Lucky.

Versatility and a jump start at early levels.

I don't understand why people think it so good though. Maybe cause no one here get past level 7 or something.

It really loses steam to other races later on

>Magic missile is overpowered and unbalanced
>Again
Who would have thought?

Oh, that's pretty wild. Thanks for the explanation.

WoTC literally did a survey and found out that 90% of games don't get to level 15. It's level 5, or level 10 if you're lucky.

Not my call. These are the worries of a teenage girl, I don't have an opinion on the matter. I'm just wondering what options she could pursue to resolve this.

He sent his arbiter into the base, but for some reason, probably due to having it in a control group moved it back out, and recalled just to the right instead of where he thought it was.

"The X-Card is an optional tool (created by John Stavropoulos) that allows anyone in your game (including you) to edit out any content anyone is uncomfortable with as you play."

Basically the concept that at any point anyone does or says anything, including the GM, that you do not feel a hundred percent comfortable with you flash your X-card and the event never happens and they must come up with something else, to ensure that every tabletop is a safe space for everyone.

Aka.
"The Dread Pirate Bludfang has been raiding every port along the shore, him and his crew slaughtering the militia, raiding the houses and leaving with nothing but ruin and a few bastard children in their wake, the Young navy captain who hired you to take him down being one of those sons."
"B-but that is R-r-rape! I'm starting to get t-triggers X-card!!"
"Oh uh, they uh.. Lovingly seduce the maidens into consensual relationships while raiding their homes and murdering their husbands?"

Or
"Aha, now that we're at the tavern, I flirt with the pretty barmaid."
"Oh my GOD do you know how sexist that is? X-Card!"
"I guess I get a drink then.."

Or
"The Dwarf Guardsman spits at the mention of orc raiders, "Ruddy Greenskins."
"What the hell? Racism like that really makes me uncomfortable DM, X-card!"

The Fifth Edition Character sheet app is pretty good for making a build quickly, and saves at each level so you can go back and tweak things.

I also use the D&D 5 Spellbook Cards app for quick spell reference, and the D&D Quick Dice app (mainly for large damage rolls).

>not using it to nix Godfreys homosexuality in CoS

That why more people should get into the habit for starting the campaign at around level 9 or 15.

If you already know what you doing, it's no fun to start at level 1 or so.

>not calling them Piggers

The fuck are you guys even doing?

+1 to All stat isn't good, because most characters only use 2-3 stats anyway.

What use is +1 Int, and +1 Charisma to a fighter?

What use is +1 Strength and +1 Wisdom to a bard?

What use is +1 Int and +1 Dex to a Cleric?

Plus Feats being so scarce since they are at the expense of a stat-up that you don't get until 4th level, and even by 20 will only have had 5 chances to get.

I find 6th level is prime to start at, people tend to have a decent class feature or two, martials have extra attack, casters have enough spells under their belt, everyones had at least one ASI boost or feat if they need, all have enough HP that two hits from a goblin isn't death.

A number of feats are practically required to be good at your class, and variant human unlocks them at a level you'll reasonably be playing at.
Classes that could seriously benefit from at least one feat, often a weapon feat are paladins, rogues, monks, barbarians (not barbarogues), fighters and rangers.

Basically feat taxes.

Regular human is only ever really good on a paladin and even then variant human gives them PAM so you might as well go variant in that case.

This is precisely why I boost XP gain and intentionally pace my games to have most of the PCs level 20 inside of a real life year.

So you admit to favoring casters while shitting on the fighters because it's more realistic for the casters. Guess what you blithering autistic retard, you're playing a fantasy game.
Stop being a no fun allowed severe autist and learn to properly DM.

Probably because /pfg/ has had nothing but kitsune anime stuff for every OP image I've seen in the past two weeks

If you insist on realism in d&d then you are brain dead, realistically monsters can't exist, realistically the arcane and divine casters can't exist.
Stop being a complete autistic retard.

Trying to come up with a critical wound table system for D&D 5th edition but it's pretty tough since most tables tend to have results that are either "Yeah, get a new character sheet." or "Hah, you're bleeding 2 points of damage every turn until you use a DC10 medicine check or charge from a medicine kit or receive a healing spell of at least 2nd level!"

Rolling on the table will occur for critical hits, and for hitting 0hp, to add an actual downside to getting knocked to 0 other than the cleric immediately casts healing word and you're back into the fray at no expense.

The fairest way of running this is so that it only occurs whens omething like hitting 0 HP occurs.

For example, if running with a secondary HP pool instead of death saves, you'd roll when the secondary HP pool takes damage. Or, like you said for normal ones, when you hit 0 HP.

That punishment for hitting 0 HP in a game that uses death saves prevents people from wanting to just get up after being downed on 1 HP every time.

Also, it's fairer because 'you could have avoided this by playing safer and not fighting until you hit 0', unlike with crits which are 'yeah, you got fucked by random chance'

Of course if effects aren't permanent then it's probably fine to have it rolled from critical hits, too.

So don't. It's a bad idea in general for the very reasons you already described.

holy shit are you even fucking trying.
this is a pretty pathetic level of trolling.
I espicially like the parts where you completely ignore 80% of what I said and missrepresent the rest.

honestly it was really good trolling, the fact that you displayed how thirsty you are for me to see it gave it away though.

7/10. thats a good score, keep your chin up.

I'm hopefully going to be running and game for a group of first timers soon, myself included.
I've got a general idea for a setting and campaign, wild west with swords and magic.
I'm wondering if I should adapt the starter kit quest to start out with or just have them jump into it.
Also aside from the DM Guide, Player's Handbook, and Monster Manual are there any supplement books that I should check out?
Any general advice for a first time DM would be appreciated too.

II did something similar in my game just to keep the fear of death alive

When drop to 0, critical wound must be stopped before healing can begin.
Can stop bleeding with medicine check and cure wound.

I also employ Matt mercer's rezz rules so that they can't just risk leaving their peeps dead on the battle field and rezz them later

Easiest house rule ever, betting knocked unconscious grants one level of exhaustion to represent whatever various wounds and weariness occurs

My DM doesn't like playing with tiles. I don't mind this, but it makes opportunity attacks almost never happen. Any tips for keeping track without tiles?

Didn't meant to post this early.

Looking for effects that are pretty much all significantly bad, possibly lasting at least the end of the combat or day, possibly even a couple days, but nothing that means your character is dead or crippled. If you're a GWM fighter and suddenly an arm gets cut off then you may as well reroll unless you're close friends with a 13th level cleric or higher. Obviously also nothing so insignificant that they can just brush it off as "Meh." although I do want at least one result that is favourable.

The table we used in one of our games was a little.. Well, either players would have entire limbs cut off and they would roll new characters, or it would be minor things that they just ignored or healed instantly, people weren't worried critical hits, they were scared of the dice saying "Oops, you die instantly.".

Some I have so far.

Player is knocked back 5ft, falls prone, is stunned for 1d3 rounds and drops any held items within 5ft of their new location.

Player is reminded of their own mortality and becomes frightened of hostile creatures for 1 miniute.

Player is struck with gut-wrenching nausea and is poisoned for 1 miniute.

Player immediately loses half of their maximum hit die, meaning they may be forced to long-rest early or consume more healing magic than others, as they don't have their own reserves to draw from.

Player is struck with a crippling blow and suffers -3 to attacks, saves and ability checks, reducing by 1 each long rest.

How is the Arcana Domain for Clerics?

I like it, but it's overshadowed by Arcane Theruge for Wizards.

Can someone define "well built Paladin" for me pls; I'm inexperienced with the class.

Polearm Master.

That's about it.

That sounds fun, but if you do that there's no way to get the pact weapon smite with the thing, is there?

Orcs and half-orcs make good fighters, but better barbarians

Never heard about it. Is it an actual thing in Burgerstan? Jesus, you're pathetic.

Anyone have a recommendation for a magical item (Very Rare) that could fit a Zealot Barbarian? He's an old man (rolled poorly for stats), so he's in dire need of something to keep him from getting hit.

have you ever done party bodyswapping shenanigans? how did it work out?

I'm having a hard time coming up with a character concept for a wizard for an upcoming Curse of Strahd game

What kind of hooks could draw in a strictly magic user in that setting?

Your master has disappeared and you're looking for him.

What would be an interesting multiclass dip for a Battlemaster?

user with the Unseen monsters here, i've patched them as suggested in the previous thread. Would anyone be able to let me know whether they seem appropriate for their CR, and whether or not they sound frustrating to fight?

>Cinial Unseen
The Cinial is the most common variant of Unseen, as well as the weakest. Requiring only a sufficiently large mass of volcanic rock and a months labour from a dedicated magical theorist, they have historically been used against weak massed enemies, with a single one capable of disrupting and scattering an entire formation.Should their master fail to bind them or allow them to escape their servitude, they revert to an animalistic intelligence. A freed Cinial will likely build a lair full of flammable objects to ensure it cannot be deprived easily of a smoke veil, and then periodically embark on hunting sprees in which it attempts to kills and burn away any animal larger than a rabbit.

The cinial is normally engulfed in a cloud of noxious smoke, but this can be removed by high winds, heavy rains, or similar effects. Seen outside of its cloud, a Cinial has pockmarked grey skin, a roughly humanoid upper body, and three legs arranged equidistant around the base of its torso. Its face is completely blank, but can split open into a vertical maw to speak or eat.

With the stelliger here, I also simplified its non-veil abilities, because they were more complicated than they needed to be.

>Stelliger Unseen
The Stelliger Unseen was devised for war against the undead forces of Iberia's Divine Marriage. Engraved on an alloy of copper and gold with a diamond-tipped stylus, this Unseen is physically smaller than the Cinial, but of significantly greater mystic potency and durability. To most, it appears merely as a sphere of blinding light, lashing out with hair-thin filament. Should one somehow see through the glare surrounding it, or should its veil be dispelled, it appears as a parody of the human form - sickly grey and no larger than a child, its arms and legs stick-thin and many-jointed, its entire body tangled in its knotted grey hair, and its face lacking any features beyond a pair of burned-black eyes.

Should a stelliger escape its bindings, or be invoked freely, it is likely to seek a hiding place in which to lair. These creatures dislike heat and open spaces, but also possess a yearning to be nearer the sky. These urges often lead them into high mountain caves and ruined towers in the far north. Once settled, they will begin cleansing nearby areas of any undead life. This crusade has led them to be mistaken for Celestial beings, but their amoral nature becomes evident once their initial work is complete - they will make a point of monitoring any humanoids nearby, and slaying the elderly, diseased, and any others they consider at risk of dying, to ensure that new undead do not rise up. Despite this, they are not averse to forming alliances with mortals against powerful undead - although their inability to speak or be seen makes communication difficult at best.

Don't lump me in with them, I don't play by tumblrite safe space rules.

Any more info on what items he already has, or what feats and fighting method he uses, no point suggesting a mighty shield if he is a GWM wielder ect. What stats does he have that are good or what race does he have, things like that.

Definitely run Lost Mine of Phandelver first. As a first time DM you'll have a lot to learn without having to plan out the sessions as well. Besides, it's a really good campaign, and quite adaptable to a Wild West milieu. Just make everything set in a desert.

Alternately, you may wanna run a one shot first where everybody can get a feel for the game without having to commit to a particular character.

At any point, don't go full improv to start with. Learning how to run combat takes time, as well as figuring out the proper flow of a session.

Also, I hate Initiative. It grinds everything to a halt, and is tedious. I started having all my players pre-roll Initiative for four or so rounds at the beginning of each session. That way I have a nice table I can refer to at the start of each combat, and the game moves faster.

You don't *need* any extra books yet, as I imagine the starter material will keep you busy for a while. That said, Volo's Guide to Monsters is an excellent supplement. Also check out the Elemental Evil Players Companion, which is free online.

The adventure supplements are mostly good, with the exception of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat (though some say it can be fixed with *a lot* of work). I ran Princes of the Apocalypse, and quite enjoyed it. Tales from the Yawning Portal is also one I'm using at the moment.

Make it clear during character creation that the point of the game is to cooperatively solve problems and kick shit, not turn on each other or play as a bunch of loners. If anybody gives you shit at the table, take them aside. Do not hash out conflicts at the table.

Good luck user, let us know how it goes.

There are SOME hooks, but you should probably discuss it with your master due to spoilers.

How is tunnel fighter knight sentinel? Is it worth going pam on top?

>every player starts with a free feat at first level
Could I make this work? I'm going for a pulpy, super-heroic sort of feel and I think this would help sell that. I'm also including most of the optional rules from the DMG that would empower the players.

As a side note, I probably won't allow variant humans (ie. you can't start with two feats because that's insane), but I do wonder if they'd be more or less OP, relatively speaking, than they normally are.

rogue

And the Deprensus, because I like the idea of invisible shoggoth, in ur village, reading ur lore.

>Deprensus Unseen
While the Cinial and Stelliger Unseen were great successes as weapons of war, their very nature denies them the possibility of subtlety. The Deprensus Unseen was an attempt to bypass this limit and create a specimen equally capable of gathering intelligence and slaying armies. While the experiment was clearly successful, the nature of the beast limited its use - the living mind simply will not perceive it. The weak-willed ignore its presence completely, save to subconsciously step out of its way, while those of great mental fortitude can force themselves to notice it as an absence, a sucking void that will appear to close itself if their attention wavers for even a moment. The master is not immune to this effect, and as such, most sorcerers prefer more reliable minions, such as familiars or bound devils. The requirements to create a Deprensus further limit its use - it must be carved into a single piece of living human or elvish flesh massing at least eight hundred pounds, generally requiring the sorceror to graft several living individuals together before beginning their work.

Should a Deprensus gain its freedom through luck or hubris, it is likely to occupy a small and isolated settlement. These slothful creatures may simply steal food, but more ambitions specimens may cast themselves as an unseen god or spirit, granting what minor favors they see fit in exchange for tribute and worship. Once secure, they may also attempt to gain the knowledge of how they were created - for they alone among the Unseen possess the desire to reproduce, possibly due to their fleshy origin. More than one Deprensus-cult has been rooted out when authorities either caught its minions stealing tomes of lore, or discovered the failed results of its experiments.

tweak normal human so they are actually viable over half elf

Wont break anything. You could say no stronger feats like gwm etc if you're worried

Warforged

>Make it clear during character creation that the point of the game is to cooperatively solve problems and kick shit, not turn on each other or play as a bunch of loners.
This is extremely important. My LMoP campaign fell apart due to unchecked munchkins. My fault, really, as DM. I should've seen it coming and stepped in.