If you could only play one RPG for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If you could only play one RPG for the rest of your life, what would it be?

GURPS

Changeling the Lost (1e of course).

2nd edition AD&D.

DnD 5e

Currently Legends of the Wulin, since after we finally managed to get the damn thing working it runs my preferred style of game, heroic action fantasy, extremely well.

If we ever finish work on a full rewrite to make it less of a clusterfuck, that'll replace it.

My African

One of my own design, so I could design and modify it to fit my fancy of the week.

Morton's List, maybe that'll cut this curse short.

GURPS is best

I guess Mutants and Masterminds 3e, since you can run almost any genre within it and it's the one I have the most material for. It gives enough crunch without being nitpicky bullshit.

But life is already the best RPG

But my character rolled poorly on all stats and my GM is forcing me to either stick with it or leave the game.

Shadowrun.

probably this shitty one which I am working on

Seems interesting

Definitely GURPS

i like it, the system is simple and easily adaptable

You can make pretty much anything in Mutants and Masterminds 3e, so probably that

>4 horned chick with a messy ponytail wearing an office outfit complete with glasses and short, tight skirt
I have never seen something cater to so many of my fetishes at once

i bet the artist ruined it with a dick

It's a close tie between Exalted and Rogue Trader.

>ruined
*perfected

My African-American sibling.

End yourself

FATE Core.

FATE or Savage Worlds. Something universal and rules light because I'm fucking lazy.

I'll same fag on this.

Is that oni blowing a condom?

My literal situation right now. A system my old GM made using over 40 years of experience playing RPGs. It's kinda like a mix of GURPS and Cyberpunk 2020, designed to be used in literally any sort of setting.

So far we've done low and high fantasy, modern intrigue, space opera, semi-hard scifi, space fantasy, super heroes, campy wuxia movie, and Pokemon.

Pretty much the only thing left mechanically to test is Gundam style games, which does present a problem because numbers don't scale in such a way very easily, but a Rifts style damage/mega damage thing would be a good starting point.

Hillfolk

You got a pdf?

Important thing to note is that this is an old version, and we haven't actually updated the game in years on paper. Most of the changes we've made were for the goal of simplifying more esoteric rules, because it's simplicity is the more important thing about the system. For example, we've done away with ranges, because it was literally the only instance of division in the whole system, and just went with a penalty for shooting beyond the weapon's range, or a bonus for shooting within half or a quarter of it's range.

The weapons, armor, and creatures represented are just to give you ideas for statting up your own creatures. I've found the easiest way to calculate random enemies is to go with a basic formula. Unskilled enemies, like brigands have pertinent skill bases (attack rolls, dodging, blocking) of around 20, skilled enemies, like guards have 25, masters at arms and career soldiers at 30, royal guards and dedicated badasses at 35. A 40 base is for world renown experts, like an undefeated champion fencer, or the world champion chess player n shit.

Only with my setting-adjusted inventory hacks, though

RISUS

I think you should name this gift from heaven

Mo' nica

Wholeheartidly this.

Tails of Equestria

>53385020
BALLS BALLS BALLS of steel

Hey it's not fault your attracted to Feminine Demon Dick

What kind of fetish addled brain do you need to be projecting by implying that I am projecting that I have an atraction to traps when i explicitly state that you should kill yourself if you like them.

/thread

GURPS. GURPS can simulate anything.

Can it simulate narrative games?

Can it simulate fun?

Probably Apocalypse World, because it's hackable as fuck and can fit most settings.

> If you could only play one RPG for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The homebrew I made for my group. It's easily hackable and has module-like structure.

Yeah, there's a supplement for that. Also a few Pyramid articles.

fpbp

RPG-7

fpbp

>if you have high appearance you will intimidate people less

>this is a good idea

Anything Battletech.
I've gone this far with it as the star of the show, no real point in stopping a good thing...

I refuse to name it myself because it is the brainchild of our previous DM. Standing name is OOG, named such because our group could never keep from talking out of game.

Personally, it's a rule I tend to ignore when running. It imbalances persuasion.

With the GM's permission, you could probably sell this thing. If you just typed up the newest version, gave it a flashy yest inciteful name, and got some good artwork, I could see it being remembered for a very long time.

Glad to see it's going over well. I was actually a bit iffy about posting it because he does intend to sell it at some point, though I do need to get back in touch with him and discuss all of the alterations we've made in the years since splitting.

But I will attest to it's quality. I very rarely use any other system after starting this one.

Savage Worlds, nigga

>designed to be used in literally any sort of setting
>has goodevil axis right there at the chargen

is this some murican thing, seeing the world in absolutes?

Some settings use good and evil bud. If you don't think a particular rule fits with the game you want to run don't use it. It says that several times over throughout the booklet. The system is adaptable, so instead of bitching about minor issues, adapt them.