Fire Dragons

Any books or writefaggotry about these bastards?

Well, besides the "Fucking Autarchs" one of course.

They're poncy meltaguns with legs That's it. Nothing else to say.

They are actually my favorite aspect warriors.
Just a group of warriors based on a gun is totally radical.

That's literally all of them.
With the exception, I suppose, of Avengers who are the aspect of "general warfare and shuriken catapults"

I've always wondered what type of angry you have to become a Dire Avenger.

Fire Dragon
>I WANNA BURN SHIT AND MAKE STUFF BLOW UP

Dark Reaper
>WAAAAHHHH CRY SOME MOAR

Striking Scorpion
>Psst nuthin personnel, kid

And for our Commorrite cousins

Incubi
>pic related

Dire Avengers are controlled rage. Like when a parent gets so mad they actually get quieter. And start using middle names.

Is there any fluff in 40k that would be more boring to read than accounts of aspect warriors?

0400: Woke up, practiced with the gun
2000: went to bed, excited to use gun tomorrow
0400: woke up, practiced with the gun, I almost felt an emotion today but I practiced through it
2000: went to bed, planning to practice with gun tomorrow
0400: practiced with gun today

What you describe is like taking the training montage from every kung fu movie ever and making it the whole film.

The point is to just focus on them actually using the guns on the baddies.

0400: I used a gun on a tank. I felt nothing.
2000: went to bed
0400: I used a gun on a dreadnaught. I felt nothing.
2000: I went to sleep.

The flames of the ancestors are yours to command
Your song shall guide me
There is wisdom in your words

...I always imagined them as reverse traps because of that voice

Dire Avengers are all about being tactical in how they operate. They think about nothing but tactics, implementing tactics, recognizing tactics, and trying to operate operationally using these tactics.

It's like being the soldieriest of soldiers, except you're a space elf.

This is why the Fire Dragons are the best aspect.

0400: I used a gun on a tank. I creamed myself.
2000: went to bed.
0400: I used a gun on a dreadnaught. I creamed myself again.
2000: I went to sleep with an erection. Had wet dreams about the Mon-Keigh women with the armor.

Always love when this is relevant.

damn, was about to post this. about all the reading material you need for fire dragons

You know, there is also the stuff about the mythological figure they are trying to get into. And they actively live out their emotions, which is the entire point of the mask.

You're describing Space Marines. Aspect Warriors actually have an interesting internal struggle. They need to learn how to compartmentalise all their rage, grief and bloodlust into a alter ego through strict meditation and training so that they can literally put on and take off, lest the warrior self consume them and overwrite their original self. They need to balance their original personality with their warrior self.

Every war-mask has a different flavour to it and warriors are drawn to different shrines for different reasons. Banshees learn to vent their grief through the psychosonic shrieks of their war-mask, Dragons channel their rage through their fusion guns, Reapers grow to accept death and cultivate a morbid sense of humour and equanimity. Every mask has a built in character arc and they have a deep, interesting lore, but it's just a shame Thorpe is a shit writer and the only one that gets to do Eldar.

Luthaniel Pussywillow, the elf beneath the mask, felt nothing, but BURN FUCKWIND, the mask persona, felt fucking amazing.

>They need to learn how to compartmentalise all their rage into a alter ego through strict meditation and training
>so that they can literally put on and take off
>They need to balance their original personality with their warrior self
>Every war-mask has a different flavour

EDR EDR, I'M NOT A MONKEIGH I'M ELDAR
EDR EDR, I'M NOT A MONKEIGH I'M ELDAR

>I almost felt an emotion today but I practised through it
But that's Exarchs. Actual Aspect Warriors have the dilemna that when they go to war they don a separate persona to their standard one, their 'War Mask' and after conflict, when they drop it, they are often overwhelmed with the emotions they buried.

In the new Jain Zar novel, for example, Jain Zar leads a group of Howling Banshees into combat and, during the fight, they are all ferocious but, later, Jain Zar finds one of them crying alone on the Craftworld because she now experiences the grief at all the friends she's lost and she doesn't know if she can keep going on as a Howling Banshee.

Aspect Warriors are not emotionless husks at all, they struggle with incredibly intense emotions but, in combat, protect themselves by donning a 'War Mask' and deal with the emotions only outside of combat.

Aspect Warriors are really interesting, the concept behind them actually fun and nuanced and allows for a very large repetoire of things. Its a pity there's so little fluff about them, I find them a lot more interesting than Space Marines since they have a much larger arsenal of emotions they have to grapple with, and their is more choice in their existence making their decisions to become who they are more meaningful since they aren't indoctrinated and then brainwashed into it as children, but ahve to make the decision as an adult to join.

I'm so starved of Aspect Warrior fluff and novels I've been tempted to write my own fan fiction. I have A LOT of free time at work. I could probably fire off a few short stories for shits and gigs. After the bitter disappointment of the Path of the Warrior book, I reckon I could genuinely do better.

Yeah Eldar novels are few and far between, though the scary thing is that compared to other Xenos they've got tons.

The fact that there's kind of a Phoenix Lord Series forming gives me hope we'll see more Xenos stuff coming, Aspect Warrior stuff in particular, but I still get how you feel.

fuck came in only to post this. that would be the first time I post anything in an Eldar thread. And now I will not.

>it the training hard?
>meltagun

get's me every time

Ironically, Phoenix Lords, despite being some of my favourite characters in 40k, are the one thing I DON'T want a series about. Asurmen's been robbed of a lot of his mystery, and all for a really dull novel. It's the same problem with the HH series where the more you learn about the Primarchs the less inspiring they are.

I'd love an Aspect Warrior series where the PLs are very rarely featured from the POV of other characters, but having them narrate stories and explain their origins kills them dead for me.

The hint is in the name. Think tranquil, vengeful fury.

Was there ever an RTS with better voice acting than that?

Them and the Dark Reapers give me a nice feeling in my ear till this day.

>*booming voice* let them try to move us...

Aspect warriors aren't emotionless you mong. The whole point of the warmask is to compartmentalize their rage, hate and bloodlust into the warrior persona they don, so that they can express those emotions in a way that doesn't consume their whole persona and lead them down the path of out of control and over indulgent emotion tge dark eldar tread.

I find the details about the state of the eldar society before and immediately after the fall those books provide to be quite interesting.
Also, I liked the glimpse we got into what eldar children are like in the Asurmen novel.

I think part of the thing with the Primarchs is that fans hyped them up to be supermen who magically didn't have the failings of ordinary humans, not realizing that if they didn't have the failings of ordinary humans then some or the majority of them would have never turned to Chaos or got on board with Horus in the first place.

Even HH wasn't the first writing to depict them as flawed. Index Astartes as Mortarion being jealous of how the humans of Barbarus fawn over the Emperor despite everything Mortarion has done for them and seemingly paints Alpharius' entire reason for joining Horus as being upset that Guilliman and maybe another loyalist primarch or two talked shit about his method of waging war.

They get a mention in a few of the BL Eldar books.
Valedor has an Exarch in a wraithlord since his shrine got fucked over by chaos when the craftworld was attacked.

>Banshees
>Fire Dragons
>Reapers
Dire Avengers never get any love. Apart from pic related.

That was pretty good