>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2029
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is there a pdf or .zip of all published battleplans, or whatever the missions are called? my friends and i want to play 4p ffa but we cant find a mission that doesnt favour turtling shooty armies

I'm looking into starting age of shigmar and I was wondering how important magic is since I still have nightmares about tzeentchian daemon summoning in 40k?

How many dice do I need if I use blightkings?

Having 1 "Wizard" keyword model in your own army to cast Mystic Shield / Arcane Bolt and unbind the occasional spell can be nice, but some armies simply don't have Wizard support. A lot of the ones that don't either have other means to unbind (abilities or models that can unbind without being a Wizard), or they have "Priest" keywords who can pray for a variety of effects and don't have to fool with magic or unbinding, they just need to make the pray roll for their ability.

The benefit of Prayers is that they can't be unbound. The benefit of Magic (in general) is that Wizards, especially the strong ones, typically can share spells - so you might bring a Wiz who has a particular spell so a different Wizard (who's better) can cast it. A lot of the Death casters are good examples - Arkhan the Black / Nagash, etc...all models that have big bonuses to casting and multiple casts themselves.

Summoning in Matched Play (ie: where points matter) means you already have to pay points for the models and keep them in reserve. So no, not even Nagash can summon infinite Zombie waves, although some models can convert casualties or have other abilities kind of like recursion.

As for how Summoning is useful despite having to pay points for the models - consider that the summoning Wizard can set them up anywhere within 18 inches of the Wizard (although 9 inches away from enemy models). This lets you deploy models on the fly where they need to go. Having trouble with an objective you can't get to? Drop some Zombies on it. Opponent counter-deployed your tarpit? Drop some Bloodletters nearby. There are multiple possibilities. It also lets important models stay safe until its time for them to come out, although it's sometimes hard to get them into the fight in the turn they're summoned since they are 9 inches away.

I want to start playing this game. All my friends play. No skirmish comes out. Everyone is hyped. No army appeals to me, except the rumored cthulu elves. FMl.

I just sold my 1k sylvaneth army. I had literally no time to play due to being a lazy ass to go to the FLGS and also I don't have a proper carrying bag nor the fucking wyldwood trees so I said fuck it and sold it all. AMA

I'm trying to sell 2 Warmachine / Hordes armies and holy shit I'm looking at like 35-50% of retail on Ebay, FFS. I haven't played in like 2-3 years but holy shit those games must be dying. Shit is going for fire sale prices.

That said, how much did you get for your stuff?

theres a chaos wizard and his spell gives a nearby unit 18" movement and flying, so when i play team games he's always in high demand, when you get a unit of flying mournfang cavalry up your ass turn one you're gonna feel it

sold it around %85-90 of the GW price. but my currency lost a bit value since I bought so I probably sold it for the same price I bought the whole thing in the first place. my paintjob is nice though.

So, no whfb general threads anymore? Jesus Christ, good goyim.

Are Seraphon fun to play? I've always wanted a Lizardmen army, and their Start Collecting box seems really good.

They seem a bit behind the other factions in terms of new sculpts. I swear, some of these models are 10 years old at least. Is there any reason to think they'll get new stuff anytime soon?

It's dead. No one cares anymore and Veeky Forums couldn't be happier.

my friend loves dropping his camo skinks behind me lines top of turn 2 and 1shotting my GUO.
on that note

How can i stop my friend using camo skinks to assassinate my heroes? playing demons of nurgle, chaos allegiance

You can make one if you want to? What where you expecting?

No idea on new stuff, but definitely fun to play. The first time you use solar beam on chaos is a pantry dropper.

lol

Don't play chaos is about the only solution I have for ya. Seraphon are literally made to fight chaos

How would you even lift a pantry to drop it

Trolls.

Have you never had Trolls in your pantry?

My pantry is walk in

Exactly. That's how hard 2d6 shots, at 20", with 3 wound per hit, hits. No one expects to suddenly be flattened by a goddamned fully stocked pantry, and if you do suffer such a random casualty it isn't likely you'll survive.

whats a good, balanced 1k points nurgley list?
are there any units i should absolutely take?
my current list is basically
a GUO and a wizard or herald of nurgle
2-4 squads of plaguebearers
squad of plague drones, beasts of nurgle, or nurglings
occasionally something like Sayl the faithless or some blightkings

I couldn't tell ya mate. I'm only just getting back in to AoS. When are first dropped, I played lizards and I lived for the days I played against chaos lol. The damage is mad.

I'm super hyped for AoS skirmish, can't wait to try it. I'm gonna make a skaven warband, what will you guys play?

Either KO or vanguard see. Depends on whether or not the lord aquilor is in the book to use as a hero. If not, I have the knight Venator as backup.

i had a skaven warband on the hinterlands fan-supplement, until the 2.1 update limited mortal wounds to 3 per turn.
good units for you are warlock-engineers and acyoltes

Probably a Nurgle warband

what are some chaos-allegiance units that get bonuses against order?

Has (or can) someone uploaded the novels Nagash Undying King and the shadows over hammerhal book?

I'd love to play Sylvaneth, they look amazing, but their reliance on big-ass terrain that you can generate X pieces of, and that is pretty much no-go zone for enemies kills any chance of it. It's frustrating.

Are those khorne guys a fun army to play? What is a fun army to play in this?

following on from
and
our circle is discussing order units that get a bonus against chaos. is there any element of imbalance here, if you know you're going to be playing against a chaos army every week?
in particular skinks and bastilodons

one more thing to check off the rumor checklist

Is the sylv user painting the birchwood / red leaf theme around here ? I have a few question for him

Wrong thread?

Ask away

Hey there, Do you have a guide or something relevant to get this vibrant scheme ? I'm mostly interested about the white wood effect but i wouldn't mind if you have something complete

White wood was done with a Rakarth flesh basecoat then an Agrax earthshade wash, after that I used P3 Menoth White Highlight (about 2-3 thin layers usually), leave the recesses dark for contrast. Final highlights of a mix of Menoth White and White Scar.
Hope this helps

thanks mate :) helps a lot !

Not really, people like to tick these things off even if they are 40k, helps narrow the rest of them out

A friend of mine bought me a box of varanguard knights as a b-day gift, but im new to AoS, (been collecting 40k for a while) and now i want to get to building an army, could i field them with blades of khorne army? or what would be your suggestion?

All of them

You can run them together as a Chaos list, but because Varanguard doesn't have the Khorne keyword you can't run the list as a Khorne army

As a moonclan player, get hype because my leaders hide behind units.

Man, I hope they change that if they ever update the varanguard's warscroll. It's a pity these models cannot be given marks naturally.

About to build my first miniatures. Is there anything special I should know? I've built model planes and tanks before but never anything this small.

ah, cool, so i can mix in from other armies, like Tzeentch. Should i also get the new archaon model from everchosen? I hate the overdesign, and it looks like most of it would snap off just by looking at it. My roommate has an OOP archaon, without the mount, is it still possible to use that instead?

Okay news from War-of-Sigmar. While it's not an official source, I think it may be an interesting rumour:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2029

>Bob:i think Fp are going to stay and prosper in one form or another. especially with the dev of pen & paper rpg in aos setting ^^
Tomas Höll: Along with the new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay edition?
Bob: yes.
Another comment.
Bob: will see what they announce at Warhammer fest

Interesting to say the least.

war of sigmar is usually correct

i cant think of a time theyve been wrong

Think before assembling your minis. For example, if an arm is too close to the body you might have a really difficult time painting its chest. Consider painting them separately.

Magic in Sigmar is irrelevant unless its, bring this one wizard to this one specific spell combo.

Tzeentch is the only army that can field effective magic capable of wiping out whole units.

>Magic in Sigmar is irrelevant unless its, bring this one wizard to this one specific spell combo.
Well thats just wrong

Mystic Shield is clutch for many armies

>Tzeentch is the only army that can field effective magic capable of wiping out whole units.
Vanhel's Dance will do far more damage indirectly than any single spell Tzeentch can cast

>Good luck i'm behind 100 Plague Monks

I wouldn't mind, makes infiltrating, summoning, and skirmishers more valuable to army comp. The only problem is some dudes like Ironjawz literally can't deal with characters.

Isn't that 40k g... oh my bad, should stop looking at the pics only.

New orc battletome that combines bonesplitterz, greenskins, and ironjawz WHEN

Vanhels is one specific spell combo like I said. Read between the lines mong, tzeentch has a lot of effective combat magic, no one else does.

Vanhels isnt a combo, its one spell that buffs one unit

A combo would be adding in Righteous Smiting and +hit buffs to a unit with Vanhels.

>Read between the lines mong
Suck my dick faggot. If you want people to understand what you intend then write what you intend

Armed with swords, daggers, sabres, cutlasses, falchions and scimitars the new "Thesaurus Warriors" make a fine addition to the Lizardmen army list.

>greenskins
squatted factions don't get new tomes user.

You're were trying to one up me like an autist, don't pretend like the difference between tzeentch magic nuking and Van hels isn't obvious. Hurrrr actwually van hels is teknicaly more effective!!

>greenskins

You have a better chance of a Clan Moulder / Eshin / Disposessed / Wanderer battletome existing

That is to say, next to nothing.

MOONCLAN TOME WHEN

>what will you guys play?

ONLY NEED ONE MODEL BRO

Flanking Lord Aquilor would be practically immortal and could just teleport himself to the other side of the board with his command ability if you're going to get into melee next turn, lol

Of course there's the problem of him not being on the board when the game ends sooooo~

I saw I can bring an Herald on Seeker Chariot.

An Herald.
On Seeker Chariot.
In a Skirmish game.

So cool.

That and a bunch of Seekers.

I have two Dwarf warbands I intend on making.

The first being a Kharadron Overlord away team lead by a Khemist. They will be mostly Arkanauts with some Thunderer and later Skywarden backup.

Then a Dispossessed scouting team. Not sure what exactly is going in there yet, but it will most likely be lead by an Unforged, have a Gyrobomber and the core of the warband made of Quarrellers to represent rangers

If Bretonnia are allowed - Bretonnia with my Bretcast as Paladin.

If not, my Skaven.

Best get painting some rats, since Bretonnia isn't supported.

Is Pestilens/Moulder in it?

I guess i need to see the points first. probably warband based on a traveling salesman packmaster and his gang of mutants

bubble wrap your backfield with nurglings. Pretty sure he cant deploy within 9" and the range on those skinks cant be that long. A few units of nurglings in your back field should go a long ways towards fixing your problem.

this is one of the rules teased by GW for 40k 8th anyone who thinks this is not going to be part of AOS 2.0 is delusional.

SERAPHON

looks good

Can Beastclaw play? someone said only Mournfangs are in, but GW said nothing bigger than a Megaboss is playable

It would make more sense for Hunters, Sabertooth, and Yhettees to be the skirmish troops, given Hunters can communicate with both

Mournfangs only, you can have a maximum of two and they're 16R each.
So you'll have to include other destruction stuff to pad your roster out

Wow, that's lame and lazy as fuck. might as well have not even bothered. a Mournfang will look terrible in small skirmish warband style game too.

Skaven/Freeguild it is then.

what did you expect? to be able to take a frostlord on thundertusk? lmfao no absolutely not.

No non-plastic models because fuck you, why would you want to let people play with the models they want to play with.

Suddenly my Nurgle Herald went from "tough motherfucker who is constantly making my dudes survive" to "untouchable motherfucker who is constantly making my dudes survive".

i hate all that instagram shit but it always makes me laugh

I mostly see people online playing specific factions, such as Skaven or Stormcast, but isn't it possible to field multiple races within the same Grand Alliance?

Is that kind of thing frowned upon? It seems like it would be pretty cool.

There's a lack of synergy when going multiple races in an army.

It's mostly to do with synergy, a lot of it is pretty faction specific and secondly it's because of newer battletomes giving buffs for taking everything from one specific faction

who thinks these get rules for AOS?

Seeing as kitty and huneter are out
Uhhh...
Gryph-hounds and some beast master guy?
Or pirates?

Skavens, I have two Spire of Dawn boxes but I will probably sell them to buy Nurgle Daemons
>These modern weapons
user, I...

I don't think so, the clothes on some of them really don't fit the AoS aesthetic even if they change out some of the weapons.

>those guns
>cyborg arms
nope

No one , what the fuck would mortal of nurgle do with a flame thrower and automatic weapon ?

They don't look like demons, more like humanbound nurglings.
So they are most likely not going to get AOS rules.

I just bought 2nd hand treekins with square bases. Couldn't find them from gw site so could you guys help me with choosing a round base for them? They are on 40mmx40mm square bases

points pl0z

c'mon man. These ones at least look somehow fantasy. Also show me nurgle-related AoS model with stuff like this

if they fit on a 40mil square base then they should probably fit on a 40mil round base although if you went up to 50 that'd be the same scale as hunters

With the huge success of Sylvaneth last summer, do you guys think GW already works on an update?
I know we don't deserve it but more trees would be still nice... :3