Yugioh

Yugioh

Discuss decks, cards, lore and other stuff related to the game

Thoughts on Master Peace and True Dracos? Will they be the dominant deck post-June banlist? What will become of Zoodiac without Norden and Terrortop? Will Pendulum Magicians become meta?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=087NbS4c1XY
pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=926420
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Thoughts on Master Peace and True Dracos
Like any other top-tier shit, I just don't care. We all know it'll be replaced by something even more overpowered eventually.

please stop making yugioh threads on Veeky Forums it just gets filled with magic fags saying how shit it is for not being magic, and people who haven't played the game in 12 years agreeing with them because its "Not muh yugioh".
If you're looking for an actually good place to discuss yugioh go to Veeky Forums

So, this chicken man can:
>be summoned t1
>be unaffected by both spell and trap cards
>immediately destroy two spell/trap cards the next turn

That's pretty silly.

I think that yugioh suffers hard from a need to constantly power creep. Shit Trickstars can do 21k+ of burn damage turn 1...sorta. They have to wait till your opponent draws a card but still.

You can do that, but I think that's blowing your load too early.
You start with his smaller buddy, and start gathering resources with his effect, while trying to survive what your opponent can throw at you.
You drop Master Peace when they've exhausted their own resources and options and can no longer make a proper recovery.

Still, this is meta bullshit, and I prefer decks that are still competitive but aren't meta.

Did the Dino Budget structure deck hit yet?

It did, and it's great. Reprints of twin twister and quaking mirror force alone are awesome, on top of a deck core that isn't extra deck reliant, and can do okay in the meta without external support.

Embrace the tyranno

Is Dino good on its own?
Most guides I find are for True King Dino, so I don't know what to do with it.

It's good, but don't expect to win regionals with it or anything.

it you're going ultra budget, the only card in this list not from the dino structure deck is call of the haunted:

3x Megalosmasher X
3x Ultimate Conductor Tyranno
3x Miscellaneousaurus
1x Rescue Rabbit
3x Souleating Oviraptor
2x Tyranno Infinity
3x Babycerasaurus
2x Petiteranodon
3x Fossil Dig
3x Lost World
3x Swords of Concealing Light
3x Terraforming
3x Twin Twisters
1x Call of the Haunted
3x Quaking Mirror Force
1x Survival's End

Explination:
youtube.com/watch?v=087NbS4c1XY

thanks Rex

Remainder that Yu-gi-oh discussion goes on /dng/ on Veeky Forums.

True Dracos are stupid, but so is most stuff in Yugioh right now; Paleos are at least my kind of stupid.

Also shameless advertisement for a related quest on /qst/.

UNBAAAAAAAAN MEEEEEEEE

"Clown control for life!"

>>>/dng/

I posted in a prior Yu-Gi-Oh Thread but I still want more critique on how to complete this decklist.

I'm coming back to Yugioh after playing as a kid in the early 2000s. This game looks insane! I've always favored spellcaster type monsters and I'm piecing together a Countercaster deck, but having been out of the game and only researching cards now, so I feel I may be overlooking optimal card choices for the deck. Also, I'm on a budget.
I'm also over 40 cards on this concept list, any suggestions on cutting it down to 40?

-Monsters-
3x Apprentice Magician
1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
1x Defender, the Magical Knight
1x Endymion, the Master Magician
3x Magical Exemplar
2x Magical Something
3x Magician of Faith
2x Night's End Sorcerer

-Spells-
1x Book of Moon
2x Magical Citadel of Endymion
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Pot of Duality
3x Spell Power Grasp
1x Spellbook Star Hall
1x Spellbook of Fate
1x Spellbook of Life
3x Spellbook of Power
2x Spellbook of Wisdom
3x Spellbook of the Master
1x Swords of Revealing Light
1x Terraforming

-Traps-
2x Magician's Circle
3x Threatening Roar

-Extra Deck- 1x Arcanite Magician
1x Tempest Magician
1x Explosive Magician
1x Shining Elf
//Other toolbox XYZ monsters

Basic strategy is to pump out counters with spellbooks (I know no spellbook magician or spellbook of secrets, those cards are pricy) while buying time with basic utility monsters along with swords and threatening roars. Then either drop Arcanite and bomb the field or drop Tempest and burn my opponent out with the counters.
Any card suggestions, changes, or should I rework the whole concept of the deck or the spellbook base?

The deck feels really slow. Like, you have too many normal summons. It feels like a deck made a few years ago. The game is too fast for Spell Counters to work. Sorry dude, I don't think there's any way to make it better.

The deck is fine for casual play if you and your friends play stuff with similar power levels.

no worries weevil

If you want, you could pick up 3 lithosagyms and wait for dragonic diagram to not cost more than a booster box. iirc they're like 6 each

I want to get into the game later this year and can spend about $150 for a deck. What does this deck need to work better?

Biggest thing that helps this variant is a rank 4 toolbox. Laggias and Dolkkas are good stuff.

After that, the deck works best when mixed with another archetype that can destroy cards you control on demand. True Kings is the best for this, but also the most expensive. Yang Zing might be a cheaper archetype to augment the dino mania.

RIP /dng/

Is it necessary to mess with Link monsters too now?

True King Dinosaur is like Tier 1 in the OCG even with links. Low tier 1/High tier 2, because Zoodiac and True Draco are the best decks.

If you're gonna use Spellbooks, why not throw in Spellbook Magician of Prophecy and High Priestess of Prophecy?
They're around 15$ each, though, so I'm not sure if your wallet would be okay with them.

I feel your pain comrade.

>has no protection whatsoever
>can only remove things by battle
Why was she banned instead of limited to 1?

Different times.

Alternatively, KoA doesn't know what they're doing.

Exemplar helps speed things up with special summons and graveyard summons, but I agree the deck is super slow.

Is there a way to speed things up with other cards, or is there really no way to get it to be more powerful?

I'm not looking to bring it to tourneys, but my buddies and I are starting to piece together some casual (moderately powerful) decks. My friend runs Monarchs and Dragons, and another runs a variant of an Ancient Gear deck.

>monarchs and dragons
I think you need to run an archetype deck to be able to stand toe to toe with those.
Prophecy (considering you already have spellbooks) and Dark Magicians might be decent.
I have no idea whether they'll be affordable, though, as I only play on simulators.

I've heard there's a pendulum variant of countercaster, I may look into that and report back with a different decklist

Pendulum Magicians and Zarc Magicians are fun and can be pretty good, but I'd recommend against building a deck with them.
The new rules coming in a few months will slaughter (probably) every single Pendulum deck.

Is there any way to run spellcasters then?

Dark magician would probably be your best bet. Not sure how expensive that would be though.

Tempest OTK is also another route, if you're into that kind of thing

Tempest is my favorite part of the deck, perhaps a burn Tempest deck could work?

How does the Tempest OTK work?

UNBAN MEEE

But you're not even banned yet.
You still have a month to enjoy your degenerate Zoodiac loops.

So I picked up 3 of the ABC structure deck the other day. What do I need to add to make it decent until Links come and I can run it like some sort of robot Infernities?

By abusing Royal Magical Library and Magic Citadel to stockpile spell counters and draw through as much of your deck as possible. It has serious consistency issues, but when it works, it's capable of FTKing the other guy.

Here's an old pojo post with a simple and cheap build you could throw together on YGOPro to experiment with: pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=926420

Do you think the spell counter deck would be viable in a 60 card highlander format?

>play Norden in shitter Fluffal Deck
>banned

Reeeeee

What does Norden do for the deck besides free Shark and Meme Frog?

Probably. Really depends on the build. You'd need something that can control the board while you accumulate Spell Counters.

How do you play Fluffals anyway?
I tried mixing them with Shaddolls, but I tended to use the Shaddoll fusions more often, like setting up a double Winda lock.

air neos best neos

I have not played yugioh in over four years but DMG was my favourite card and I just found out about the Magician Girl archetype they're CUTE I love them