Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How much do you try to incorporate lore into your character's background? Do you ever think about their birthday, or their birth sign, for instance? It might actually help you learn something about them, or give you a way to create a contrast in their character.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cap-of-human-guise-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread: Better thread:

>better thread
>deleted
:thinking:

I roll for birthdate. I've actually ended up with some weirdly appropriate birthdays for my characters. But fuck me are those Cosmic traits awful, by and large.

Here is a picture to get your attention.

Now that I have your attention; I'm currently building a castle. Should I put the moat around the walls, or the walls around the moat?

I always roll for my characters' birth dates unless a specific type of birth date is relevant for some reason. Some characters don't know their birth date because they come from uneducated backgrounds or from cultures that don't keep track of specific days, so it might be a birth season or something like that.

Put the moat on the outside, that way if anyone has to get across the moat, they'll be right at the foot of the walls and in a vulnerable position even if they do.

Ah, yeah. I've only had one character who didn't know his, being an uneducated slave, so he just picked the first day of spring and kept counting up from the best guess at his actual age.

Moat on the outside, definitely. Get some boiling oil to dump over the walls once any invaders get too close. What would the advantage of a moat on the inside even be?

If the walls were toppled from the outside, they'd fall into the water and make the moat irrelevant. If enemies were able to scale the walls, they would be able to fire projectiles on anyone inside the castle, and to get up, the defenders would need to cross the moat or something. Without a moat on the outside, the walls are open to being seiged from ladders or rolling towers. What madness made you think a moat on the inside is a good idea?

So how you deal with treasure? You set a timed event, players have no time to enchant their shit, neither raise resources in a steady time.

Is this being way too harsh with the players?

I'm sorry?
Do you mean that the PCs won't have time to craft, nor ability to acquire magic items?

Because for anybody but casters, that's a pretty harsh handicap.

Now what you do here is

You have TWO walls with a moat between them, then collapsible bridges connecting the two sets of wall.

They can't use their siege towers or ladders on the inner wall, because the moat is there. They can't fill the moat or anything because the first wall's there.

And even in the event you can't collapse the bridges, that's still some chokepoints that the defenders have to hold.

And you know what, a moat outside the first wall too. Two moats, two walls.

Or even three. Just keep adding more fucking moats and more fucking walls. Each wall and moat is higher than the last, in a tiered manner. Boom. impregnable fortress.

Anyone can recommend me tips for playing a Wizard?

Most of the stuff I've read about Wizards seems to go around too much theoretical optimization and high level playing. I am a Level 6 Conjurer and I just wanted to know about more down-to-earth tactics, rather than throwing fogs.

Knock wall 1 over, creating a bridge or semi-traversable terrain. Of course, if the people inside the walls know anything about self preservation they'd be raining arrows down at the siege weapons, and if you made it three+ walls, there's no chance.

Yeah, three walls.

>Hello yes, I'd like 1 tactics please.

Nigga, Conjurors basically play themselves. What kind of "tactics" are you looking for?

Mainly, surviving in the lower levels, till Level 9 or so.

Setting is very low magic. Scarce access to Spells, or Magic items in general. In fact I will resort to Craft Magic Item in the future.

>low magic

AHHHHHHHHHHH

>low magic
>picks magic class
Maybe you should learn some survival tips for having a low IQ

Find a GM that isn't an idiot, I guess. Pathfinder isn't a system that can handle "low magic" without extensive changes.

Stay in the back, and cast Vanish.

Summoning doesn't break invisibility.

Or maybe I just like playing a Mage?

To be more precise, the campagin is low magic at the moment, because our GM doesnt want us to adquire too powerful items too soon. Money is pretty scarce at the moment, too, so that helps with the low magic vibe. Maybe, in higher levels, we will have more access to magic, so this problems get solved.

But in this time, I just like to know how to survive being a low level Wizard, because all around the Internet people are talking about theoretical optimization.

Basically this
But let me reiterate staying in the back.
Honestly, just stay the fuck away. Run in with a knife if a monster is at like 1hp but JUST
STAY
AWAY

Thank you for this.

Also, Its a good idea to get a Ring of Sustenance for crafting magic items? If you need 2 hours of rest, and you can craft a Magic Item in 4 hours/day by increasing the DC, then you could do your craftings at night time, right?

Having to wear it a week straight, and your setting being low magic, I doubt you'll ever get one.

But technically yes, you could craft things at night with it.

>Tfw want to be redeemed
>tfw too deep in the evil to get out

>tfw don't want to be redeemed

Hit up a church, wager with the patron deity.

Well, if you actually want redemption. Would be a fun character arc or impetus for a fun journey.

Sorry user, I already screwed that up by pretending that I wanted to be redeemed to backstab them later.

Should have taken the chance to actually take the redemption.

Maybe they'll let you Zuko this shit, give you a mulligan.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fuck tuesdays

how are you doing /pfg/

how large do you like your stabbing implements

>tfw dagger thrower
feels bad

About 52 inches, completely black of course that increases in potency after every stab

Spears are the king of the battlefield
Swordfags get out

That isn't a fresh attitude.

>E rank luck

i like the new aaaaaaaaa based wist memes

That DM doesn't count.

nnno. It can beee annyyy rreeppeeaatteedd lleetteerr aaaaaaaaa

but the most common wist thing is to extend aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Are we approaching a point where DMs already know who the good players are?

kind of? I think we have a pretty good sense of who makes good apps consistently at least.

We know which players put out and who makes good smut.

I can't say we know which players are good: some meme players are kind of annoying.

Okay. So our party got a hold of two of these things.
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cap-of-human-guise-1/
Now we can disguise ourselves as kids for infiltration or escape or whatever. Is there a spell or item or skill that allows us to change our voices to hat of a child?

The cabal are on average mid-high level ERP but low-mid roleplayers.

You could go worse.

Ever watch someone slowly get estranged from a group because they can't chat out of session as much as everyone else?

Who's getting booted from PLD next.

There are games in here other than fucking PLD you know

I'm not looking for Vults input

I mean, is it really that bad? Have you guys ever considered that it's okay to be varying levels of close with your group?

Do they get along with you all?

My opinion matters less than theirs. I'm not going to get them kicked over it.

So you guys are gonna kick someone for not having the time to talk between sessions with a bunch of what I will presume are NEETs?

This reminds me of an artifact weapon I produced for a Godlings campaign. It was called Soltimbrand, and it was a bastard sword crafted out of the cursed, starved blood iron of a great Linnorm.

Oh my god who the hell cares? I'm not going on Discord every goddamn night to chat with some random usernames about petty bullshit. I'm here to game, and when it's time to game I'm going to show up and have a good time with everyone involved.

So it is PLD?

Are you alright? Do you have reading problems?

Learn to be more clear in your writing, doofus.

No offense, but I think the real meat of his argument is that people shouldn't put a whole lot of weight on being an active participant in off-session discussions.

>I'm not going to get them kicked
>unclear
Alright, I'm out. That's enough pfg for one day.

I'd chat with you on discord user! I bet you're a cutie!

Bon-bon

This is the most normie thing I've seen on /pfg/ this week.

I hate mandatory blogging. People dump their daily events on me and silently expect me to reciprocate when I don't want that at all. Keep it to yourself, guys.

How? Focusing on gametime over petty socialization is the most anti-normalfag thing you can do.

I thought they were just changing characters.

Is this the real reason we hear nothing about her?

Is bonbon too busy to meet demanding rape schedules?

It's a matter of utilizing your free time; a normie has "better" things to do than spend three hours on Discord chatting about this or that, like working out or watching TV or playing games or talking to Certified Real People.

It's the difference between someone who spends their night in Goldshire ERPing with other players over that guy who only gets on every Thursday night for the weekly raid.

I have no idea i'm just trying to start shit.

>spend three hours on Discord chatting about this or that
Normalfags literally spend hours on Facebook doing just that.

Except normalfags are obsessed with worthless non=stop chatting. I think your priorities warped.

>Implying people still use Facebook for discussions

Yeah, with people they actually know?

There is literally no difference there. Your attempt at making a distinction is worthless. If anything, talking excessively with people they barely know at all is a true normalfag trait.

Is there any high-tier roleplayers in the cabal?

What's your campaign then?

>Implying people still use Facebook for discussions
I wouldn't know - I don't use Facebook and never have.

Honestly its nigh impossible to tell how good anyone is, all we get is the occasional greentext

The only greentext I remember from recent times is Rinka's side-session

Did we ever get last week's dragons2 greentext?

>If anything, talking excessively with people they barely know at all is a true normalfag trait.

So I guess everyone on the /pfg/ Discord are normalfags now? Your statement falls apart the moment we think about any of the myriad of people that seem to make it their life to be in a chat.

>make it their life

Man there's a discord phone-app I can post on there while i'm on the crapper.

That's literally just as bad, user.

Look here and see a man who uses "normie" yet thinks he isn't one

Why? Gotta do something while i'm taking a shit.

>So I guess everyone on the /pfg/ Discord are normalfags now?
If everyone there blogs about their life to people they barely know? Yes!

>not concentrating on just taking your damn shit
>not bringing a book if you feel like sitting on the shitter for an hour
Not even him.

I don't know about you but I personally can't see StarToad counting as a normalfag.

If you forget how much they talk about anime and rape then yes.

Plenty of facebook fucks chat about anime, that's not very unusual at all. Even the rape, depending on the context.

I'm not wasting my time on this bullshit any further though, see you around.

Normally, when I'm taking a shit, I'm either going to take a quick gander at some pages from a nearby book, or take a look at the news on my iPhone.

If I'm going to chat with anybody, it's going to be a text message.

Are you going to make an app for any of the upcoming /pfg/ games?

>iPhone

>Bringing a book with you everywhere just in case you need to take a crap

??

I'll probably figure out something for Flower Court later.

Where are you all the time? Are you squatting in public street restrooms or some shit? If you're at home you should have books anyway and if you're at office even moreso.

Mate I don't work in a fucking office

Well excuse me, what's your job then? Plumber?

Any other personalities?

I thought with the amount of Glorianaposting IKiD gets (s)he was good.

>Wist is top of the line
based wist

>You can only work in an office or be a plumber

Sasuga

aaaaaaaaaa

Well can you answer the fucking question then? Kitchen? Cabbie? Gigolo?

Oooh, wrong again, but don't worry, there's still DOUBLE JEOPARDY, where the scores can REALLY change!

Vult is a good DM once you account for non-standard ooc goals! Its not fair to complain about splitting the party when that's the goal.

>I'm intentionally being a shit DM!

Are you trying to make me guess your job so you can avoid answering and failing to justify why you need to go on fucking Discord while squatting on the shitter and why you can't RAMFB?