Art Thread - pictures that have a story to tell

A picture is worth a thousand words. Any character background longer than that is probably terrible.

ITT we post pictures that could, all on their own, relate to you the important parts of a PC backstory.

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=27526
youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really, really like this picture.

This is one of my favorites for post-apoc style games.

Honestly, if I ended up in a situation like that there, I'd probably just fill my tub with hot water and sit down in it, put some music on and slit my wrists.

Yeah, but then there's no game to play. That's like saying "If I were actually in DnD, I;d quit adventuring after my first dungeon because the 600 gold I got is enough to live comfortably forever."

Obviously, yes. I was just making idle conversation.

Which goddess is this?

The one pictured at the back, it seems.

As it's clearly inspired by Aztec or Mayan culture, I thought it was one of their deities.

Every time I look at it, I notice something new.

Pour Guy was then slowly flayed alive for a few days.

>samurai-noir

Have all my yes.

This is some good shit.

SCP game when?

This is you BBEG tonight.

In b4 "BBEG ugh!"

I'd like to imagine it's actually the dragon/Tarrasque thing that is possessing the dude riding his hand just for a view from higher up.
>"Goddamn I'm gorgeous!"

There's a story here... it's probably the kind of story where someone was trying to magical-realm, but it's there... probably.

fat nigger gets drunk a lot

faggot Tumblr user leaves university

Antifa member secretly wants a loving Christian family

*teleports behind a snowman*

a bunch of niggers in line for gibsmedats

local paedophile has a successful hunt

Legend of Korra fan art

Holocaust victim gets revenge

robot hides its lunch from bullies

nigger gets a job

wizard gets drunk

the bridge is out

Thom Yorke wears a hat

Morrowind fan art

that pussy is going to be destroyed

james didn't get the memo we changed the costumes

Star Wars fan art

hunting Muslims

Berserk fan art

fire education seminar

that's what you get for multi-track drifting

trying to identify who farted in a crowd

I lul'd.

Artist:
pixiv.net/member.php?id=27526

Reminded me of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI

this may be cheating, since I drew this for /domg/, but fuck it.

There's The Secret World, does that count?

Don't see why not.

Those expressions are priceless.

Something along the lines of "knight goes to visit wizard buddy and finds him attempting to sacrifice a maiden to a demon for power." The story ends when "knight drops helm, draws sword, and kills wizard to acquire pussy"

>I have come here to spread the Good Word and kill daemons. And there are no daemons left.

is that a jurassic park banner?
In order to reclaim the island, humans developed robots to fight the dinosaurs, but the robot's AI developed to the point of sentience and now enslaved/allies with the dinosaurs and are on the verge of leaving the island to attack humanity

>FUCKING CHERRY SLUSHIES

my favourite thing about this is that in addition to all the arcane shit there is stuff that clearly belongs to a Knight like his helmet and spare sword.

It makes it seem like they live together and the long suffering knight's just finished work and walked in on his room mate doing ungodly bullshit in the communal space, AGAIN!

A lot of DCC art could qualify for this thread.

S
See this is why I can't really enjoy . The goddess is supposed to be mischievous and fun but she just got that servant tortured and killed

Nah, I'm tired of AI developing sentience and trying to kill humanity. Every time there's a robot someone has to say "and then it becomes sentient and tries to kill us."

Fuck that, it's 2017, we're better than this.

New scenario: those robots killed the shit out of the dinosaurs, one robot developed rogue sapience and came to venerate the monolithic lizards it culled. Now there is a lone robot on a quest to resurrect the species it killed, at any cost.

Side-option, the robots decided to fight fire with fire and began self-modifying themselves to take on dinosaur forms.

There. No more "robots trying to kill humanity," that shit has been in common literature and culture for far too long.

This art doesn't tell any story. This is what underground shopping malls in China look like. Those red arm bands are worn by every police and security officer, everyone smokes, it's grungy, etc. I mean it's seriously like a picture. In fact, I may have taken a picture in that same damn mall

Source: I lived in China

"These aren't my glasses!"

that elf looks so damn done with this.

yeah, it really says something when the only narrative response to advanced technology personified is to see it as hostile, and something just as pointed when that response becomes trite and loses resonance.

"Why have you come here, small one? Are your own lands not enough?"

"Lord G'uruk, there is a tradition among my people that a bride's father must give her away on the day of her wedding. Ysolda spoke at length of your compassion after her own parents left her at the border of your lands as a babe. We would consider it an honor if you would attend our wedding a tenday from now. ysolda and I look forward to her father giving her away."

Hey remember that time Pokemon made Dragons weak to Fairies?

nice

for the sake of context

Hold on, pretty sure that's a T-800, possibly T-850.

SkyNet sends back a Terminator (or 2, or whatever) to preserve genetically-engineered dinosaurs by making Isla Nublar off-limits to the world, by causing the park (and all of it's successors) to fail catastrophically from behind the scenes, infiltrating the operations of each park and subtly tweaking safety procedures, construction, etc, so that horrific accidents and sabotage would always occur.

And then it waits in the jungle til Judgement Day, killing poachers and scientists who make land.

Consider this, what if the chieftain was feeling really uncomfortably warm just then so the cool, refreshing liquid that just washed over him was a pleasant, if unexpected surprise. And that servant was rewarded with a promotion.

I will now considered this to be the official story behind that picture.

Fiendish Period Elemental has arrived to sow chaos.

Angel of Acceptance saves poor person from Thin Privilege.

Doom's lucky Oneg "The Prober" isn't there with the rest of the fellas.

them's people is ghosts though, the only corporeal person there is the lady

>implying she gives a shit
>implying this isn't the gods' definition of mischievous, getting apes ''comically'' killed
REMOVE DEITY

Dragon tells goddamn Mongolian to stop tearing down his city wall.

Nah, the guy refused the call to adventure, so the Goddess is forcing the matter in a sufficiently amusing manner.

The helm and sword could be the wizard's. For a guy who isn't supposed to perform martial combat, dude's ripped as fuck.

OWO Hi.