Degenesis: The Killing Game

a.k.a that obscure racist rpg with spandex Nazis and evil POC got a new campaign book today.

Does anyone have a PDF? What's your first impression? And did it add anything noteworthy beside a new story line?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk
degenesis.com/character-en/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Degenesis
docs.google.com/document/d/1uyxJrsz9Wv6u0BIfRHkQyKzxcycmy4LosUJA3TXiaFo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
shop.sixmorevodka.com/en/13-degenesis-eng
marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What's your first impression?

I want to like this game, the setting seems really interesting, but the writing style is one of the worst I've ever come across in an RPG. The fact that everything is written from a semi in-character perspective, combined with the vast amount of setting-specific terminology, makes it almost impossible to pull any solid information out of the text. Which is frustrating because I really like the bits I've been able to decypher, but I just can't get into the fluff enough to come up with a character or story I like.

I know you're joking, but aren't the spitalier or whatever they're called polish? And some of the player factions are brown people? And a lot of the mutants are white?

I like the idea of writing lore through military reports, backwards sources, rumors, unreliable narrators and so on - it's a novel way to emphasize how the world really collapsed and there's no general consensus on what actually happens in the world. It's also good to leave some things vague so you can interpret it yourself, which could make all different kinds of stories work in the setting.

However I agree, it's all over the place and it's simply frustrating to find what you're looking for at first.

>aren't the spitalier or whatever they're called polish?
They are most Borcan (Germans), but there's some poles and others.

>And some of the player factions are brown people?
What do you mean? Are you referring to different shades of white or blacks? Because both are present in the world.

Pic related, majestic Neolibyan ready to explore your culture.

>And a lot of the mutants are white?
I guess. I don't think I saw artwork of black mutants.

Africa doesn't have any Aberrants because they've got the crystal plants instead. Although the anubians have something really funky going on.

Cool didn't know they was even planning to have that come out in english I still have to get around to checking out any errata for that core but then check this out.

so it finally came out.
This time I will remember to buy the hardcover.
Forgot to buy In Thy Blood book (tho got pdf from share thread) and I kinda want to own whole set.

Mostly because these books are so fucking pretty.

>The fact that everything is written from a semi in-character perspective, combined with the vast amount of setting-specific terminology, makes it almost impossible to pull any solid information out of the text. Which is frustrating because I really like the bits I've been able to decypher, but I just can't get into the fluff enough to come up with a character or story I like.

Can you give example of type information you have hard time to find?
I find the books generally easy to parse for bits and pieces.

I refuse to believe no one has TKG PDF

-------------------------------------------------------------

For newcomers:

Books:
mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w

Trailers:
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw

youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

www.degenesis.com

character sheets
degenesis.com/character-en/

1d4chan page (still needs some fleshing out):
1d4chan.org/wiki/Degenesis

NA homebrew:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uyxJrsz9Wv6u0BIfRHkQyKzxcycmy4LosUJA3TXiaFo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

I really wish the devs would pull their heads out of their asses and make a legit PDF for their game. "But people won't buy muh 100$ book" doesn't lead to your game lasting all that long.

Which is a shame, because the game is fucking cool but finding a group for it is impossible when your options are A: Pirate it. Or B: Don't play it because nobody carries the books for a reasonable price.

You know that they sell PDFs on their site right?

Holy shit they actually did.
shop.sixmorevodka.com/en/13-degenesis-eng
Last time I looked into this game the devs were very adamant about PDFs being a mistake.

>a.k.a that obscure racist rpg

Lel you severly misunderstand the whole topos of Degenesis.

>spandex Nazis and evil POC

>spandex nazis

The Spitaliers literally are a play on doctors in fascism and authoritarianism in general. Also the whole lore heavily implies that the players are supposed to go rogue and that the whole organization is evil and fascistoid.

> evil POC

The whole africa schtick is literally a left wing wank fantasy where the tables are turned and the africans are the colonisators. And even then the african imperialism was started by spain invading africa via the bridge of gibraltar.

Its a fucking modern wave german rpg. Its distinctly left wing senpai.

I actually got it originally because I saw a thread with some of the art, and it looked cool

>le ebil racist rpg

>HA IT WAS IRONY

You should really work on bringing across irony/sarcasm.

But I'm not the OP, I'm just a poster who understood from OP's text that he was being silly.

Posting images smaller than 300x500 is one of the signs of autism.

>Thinking it's "distinctly left wing" because Africa is only slightly less fucked up by the alien virus then the rest of the world.

>plain artwork in my Degenesis thread

hol up

Senpai. I have read everything in the first edition and most of the second edition.

>spitaliers who are distinctly authoritarian and right wing completely fail to truly understand and combat the spores

>Widertäufer (don't know the english name have read the german original) are a huge scam where 50% of them don't even believe in their dogma

>jehammedaner are a constructed religion probably lead by a marauder

>the big bad ebil guys in the back ground is a company

Degenesis surely isn't some left wing wank but you clearly see that the authors have left wing tendencies.

>slightly less fucked up by the alien virus then the rest of the world.

>slightly less fucked up

Africa is better of than in our timeline and actively punishes europe in some form of weird blacksploitation revenge colonialism.

>alien virus

The primer isn't a virus. And its debatable if it is even truly alien. It is heavily implied in the lore that the primer visited earth earlier and is responsible for the cambrian explosion and the genesis of complex life on earth.

marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/gallery/

Yeah, I know DA is a realm of cringe. But there's the lead artists page. Some NSFW art in there so be prepared to see a mutant with its donger hanging out.

>spandex Nazis

Never heard of this game but I'm immediately interested

>Also the whole lore heavily implies that the players are supposed to go rogue and that the whole organization is evil and fascistoid.

What do you mean by this? Spitalians are probably the best cult in the setting.
>good agenda, fighting spores for the better tomorrow
>organized, not controlled from the shadows
>promote hygiene
>medicine, will fix you up
>allies with almost everyone

The only thing that's terrible about them is their methodology but considering the setting it's kinda understandable.

>military branch of warriors that consists of mindwashed killers

>killed a bunch of alpha muties (these creatures living underground Spaltenbestien in german) fucking their social structure up making them the raging threat they are

>at least 2 techlevels too low to effectively fight the primer, mostly just fighting symptoms with no real Progress

Yeah...

>not controlled from the shadows

The marauder aspera literally helped creating them. Its in the fluff.

did the NA homebrew ever go anywhere, seems like people stopped being interested pretty quickly.

>Africa is better of than in our timeline
it really isn't. All the africans alive in the setting are literally the ones who didn't get super HIV. Only North Africa is still habitable and power is split between the super wealthy Neolybians and the tribal warlords that rely on their wealth

>All the africans alive in the setting are literally the ones who didn't get super HIV.

Sure Africa was fucked like the rest of the world but in the setting after their downfall they quickly rebounced due their ressources and euro tech.

>Only North Africa

True.

>s split between the super wealthy Neolybians and the tribal warlords that rely on their wealth

Todays social/political structures in africa are a beacon of stability....

Their social structures in the setting might be somewhat dysfunctional but they allow for economic grotwh and military expansion. In our world their structures are far more dysfunctional.

Hybrispania will be free again!