Faction Focus: Death Guard

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-death-guard/

So it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for Mortarion. And no Deathshorud.

>blight launcher

Does this confirm that a DG proper box set is coming? Because I don't see anything that could fit that description on the models shown so far. I also wonder if it's gonna be like the Grave Warden launcher and available for terminators. That'd mean Grave Wardens are fully usable in 40k.

*Cough*

Mid row far right.

*Cough*

The 2nd edition ork plasma gun?

That's a plasma gun.

>Blight Launcher
>Has almost exact stats of a plasma gun (perhaps one that has DEGRADED)
>GW with stupid names for everything

Not that much of a leap of logic to think they would rename plasma gun into something retarded.

Is that Nurgling he's stepping on alright? :O

>Only 1 guy in the starter box has the cool bells

Well, there goes half my motivation for getting them.

But yeah, could go either way. I just have a hunch.

The Deathguard YouTube video confirms non-starter set Death Guard are coming.

I guess you're right.

Hellblaster (ugh.) = primaries plasma gun
Blight launcher (ugh again) = death guard plasma gun.

Why the fuck can't they just call it a plasma gun?

cuz this aint your grandads 40k, this is NEW Games Workshop. Remember?

I prefer tacticool plasma rifles.

Ever tried to get copyrights to the name "plasma gun"?

They could have at least called it a Noxplasma Scourer or something, so it actually sounds like a plasmagun variant instead of a blight grenade launcher

>S6
>AP-2 (so AP3 in current-year-k)
>Assault
>almost exact

Only thing matching with a plasma gun is the 24" range. Now, it could be, but "blight" isn't the thing that comes to mind when thinking about plasma.

>this bright shining pink

If only I could accomplish painting like this. Mine often looks dull.

It's a poignant visual metaphor for how in even the happiest and most egalitarian of societies the upper classes tread thoughtlessly upon the heads of the lowly masses beneath them, never stopping to consider the effect their metaphorical boots will have.

It's dead, user.

It's not. It's there because the designer thought it'd look neat.

Dr Belisarius, i am DeathGuard

Me and a coworker were gonna split two sets of these, but I don't know anymore with the really ugly poxwalkers and the very fixed pose marines that'll be quite hard to do much with even as an experienced sculptor, due to all the stuff on them. I do however like the HQ models (except the sorc) and the drones (with some more creative basing)

>First of all, they keep a pain-ignoring mechanic, which is now called Disgustingly Resilient, as we saw with Nurglings. The best thing about it is that you still get the save, even if you get hit with high Strength weapons that would have previously prevented you from getting a save due to the Instant Death rule.

ID from high strength confirmed.

That's fucking massive, considering the wound inflation.

>that would have previously prevented you from getting a save due to the Instant Death rule.
>previously

No, nothing there seems to state ID is still in the game, it seems to have been replaced with multi damage weaponry.

That Lord of Contagion keeps trying to assemble one of those palanquins for himself but there are never enough Nurglings because they pop whenever he tries to sit down. What we see is his latest attempt.

'Previously' as in previous to this rule being added.

I can see no other context in which it would make any sense to add that clause; if there's no ID then this rule is the same as any FnP.

The article was saying that in 7th, Instant Death prevented saves. In 8th, they'd get a save regardless.

It's strange wording, but that was the intention.

Oh wait yeah I see it.

That's really shittily worded then.

just imagine how hard the little rotten penis of this nurgling must have gotten, crushed under the disease and rust ridden boots of lord senpai

I don't even see how it's poorly worded. With knowledge of 7th and the context of the article it absolutely reads how it's supposed to.

No, it pretty much stated "the attacks that previously caused instant death like s10 to t5 did not give you fnp, but now those same attacks give you this new version, but you roll once per the multiple damage that has now replaced ID" pretty much. Nothing in that quote imples that ID is still in the game. Maybe we'll see it as special rules for certain characters though.

It's more that telling you that it would give you a save from ID is redundant if there's no ID.

It talks specifically about high strength weapons for no discernable reason, there were other sources of ID.

?"The best thing about it is that in 8th you still get the save, even if you get hit with weapons with the Instant Death rule."

what the terrain in the back right?

Something new?

I would ask what the fuck is wrong with you, but this is the website that loves traps and other deviancy

Previously would have had the instant death special rule. Previously. Previously you idiot. They are trying to make fnp sound exciting by showing how it is better than it was previously. Who are you pretending to quote?

kek

They aren't Slaaneshi you degenerate.

remember

here
forever

It's about to pop like a zit

>So it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for Mortarion. And no Deathshorud.

The terminator lord in the new box set at least makes for a decent Typhus stand in.

Why is bottom left guy holding a :potato masher" German WWII grenade? Where'd they dig up that "tech"?

No, it's growing out of the bottom of his foot. One of Papa Nurgle's little miracles.

Stole it from and Ork and slapped a few more skulls on it, duh.

So who here are everybodies' favourites?

Personally feeling Stikkbomba and the melty ass champion.

It's not the fucking plasma gun

Previously, as in "in the previous edition" you mong.

God damn those notzombies look fucking stupid what the hell. Oh well at least I'll be able to pick up those plague marines and blight drones on the cheap when people start breaking down these boxes.

oh right, stikk bombs look like Stielhandgranate too
I forgot

What's with the champion? His fucking face is melting off or some shit. I'm not a fan.

Personally I like top left MKIII Iron helm guy, just enough decay and guts without looking stupid like fuckface champion mcgee

The Terminator Lord with the big axe.

>implying your face wouldn't be melting off after a few hugs from Papa Nurgle

The ones I like the least are the guy to the left with the stupid horns, and bottom right. I like the rest, but stickbomber is the best one.

MY FUCKING DICK !
Longtime chaos player, I don't even play DG and i'll take one to make a small allied detachment for my Vraks renegade.

Nothing gets past you does it sherlock?

> However, the fact that those high-Strength weapons usually do more than 1 Damage now, means you may need to take multiple Disgustingly Resilient rolls.

This confuses and concerns me. Are damage rolls before saving throws now? I assumed you hit, wounded, saved, then damage is rolled, but this makes things a to more troublesome if I have to save multiple damage that way.

Or maybe disgustingly resilient only triggers after you fail a save, and after damage is rolled?

Assuming it follows AoS then it will be hit wound save damage. I would assume that disgustingly resilient triggers after damage, but maybe we should go back and look at the nurgling stat block and see what it has to say just to be sure.

Stickbomber, antlerguy and the dude with the plasma gun are my favs out of the plague marines.

Out of the characters I like the bingbonglord the most

Interpretation of a piece of art is not limited to the artist.

no

that's the land raider excelsior door and the standard building kit partition things on a scratch built stairway

Do they actually generate revenue from such copyrights in that it prevents recasting companies from calling it that?

If not then it seems very pedestrian of them.

Wait, there are two dead Nurgling next to him. He really hates these little guys.

the Nurgling and DG pages confirm its
Hit...Wound...Save...Damage...FnP

It would be cool if Nurglings divided like Horrors

my kind of guy

Also that's how it works in Shadow War: Armageddon so I don't see why that wouldn't carry over

Because its hard to copy write a generic term like plasma gun

I would not doubt it if GW tried to sue anyways if someone somehow made a functional, real life one

>blight launcher

what if the blight launcher is their basic bolter?
it looks different to the normal bolters to me

Looks like a regular phobos bolter with a shorter and fatter muzzle.

(tm)

I kinda like Babyface McMagic

>Roll for damage for each successful To Wound roll
>make one save for each successful To Wound roll
>add up the damage from all failed saves
>for each individual point of damage, make one Disgustingly Resilient (read: FnP) roll

I think his staff is a bit wimpy looking, but weapon swaps are so easy a newbie could do one on a metal model, so it's no big deal.

>Assault 2
>R24"
>S6
>AP-2
>Dd3
Yes, that will be for sure their standard weapon. Obviously.

I don't like him much, I feel like the best parts of the others are the helmets and weapons, while this is lacking in both regards

Guys, can we just take a moment and direct our attention away from the nurglings and to just how bitching that axe is.

Honestly, that axe is the weakest part for me. While I get the idea with the Nurgle symbol made up of circular saw blades, it's just too much for me. That said, replaxing the axe head with something from the Blightking set should be a cinch.

nah, weakest parts are the censor smoke bits

modeled on smoke rarely works for me

So what's next for CSM, new world eaters, or new emperor's childred? new emperor's children with noise marines pls

>slaanesh
>relevant

no shut up, fulgrim will get a daemon prince model within the next few returning primarchs if not the next

>mfw Hashut CSMs before EC
>mfw Horned Rat CSMs before EC

Just let it go, Ferrus Manus will regrow his head before you'll get anything.

It's pretty goddamn metal, that's for sure.

Really, any scythe head you could stick on the end there would pretty much give you an all-plastic Typhus, and that's pretty damn neat.

it'll happen. Next is probably mortarion though, I think someone saw part of his scythe. And then maybe a loyalist, then it's fulgrim.

Hope dies last.

>I am the wizard jizz hands

Mortarion's already been seen. He and the Death Guard are pretty much the counter to Roboute and his Primaris Ultrasmurfs.

LMAO

Eldar Bright Lances used to just be Lascannons.
Orks used Bolters and Bolt pistols before they were renamed Sluggas and Shootas.
This weapon naming evolution is not new.

I heard mortarion was confirmed, can't find pictures yet though

This is the best we have, but it matches the scythe showed in the DG teaser.

oh, that was leaked ages ago, I'm surprised it's real

why he head too wee for he got damn neck

The face belongs to a nurgling under the hood. The space marine himself is headless.

NO!
This --->

that makes more sense