Weird Victorian age char portraits, help me?

'sup Veeky Forums (dunno if it's the correct greeting line nowadays)

I was here ten years ago and I collected pretty awesome art directory, but I need your help.

I am making a pulpy weird victorian age RPG in FAE and I need some arts to inspire me and to help my players.

First adventure is supposed to be in India (before fall of Mughal Empire) or in Malaysia in the same time, later we will move to Hong Kong.
It's not steampunk, it supernatural weirdness, maybe some horror, maybe some adventuring in hidden temples, forgotten civilizations and such.

Any help would be appriated, I will be dumping some of my old stuff from my "character folders"

I'm kinda seeing the Victorian age of these pics, but they don't seem that victorian, maybe its just me.

But anyways, I might as well help

>Shooting the priest

Why though?

They are not... I have folders and folders of random fantasy stuff. And sci-fi. And shadowrun and exalted and world of darkness, call of cthullhu.

But I don't have almost anything that is Victorian or Far East exotica with touch of adventure without some elves or animish things in them.

or rather I have something - but it's steampunky and I don't want a steampunk...

Alright, gotcha

Dunno, tell me a story behind this image, to be honest I was just donwloading whole threads in the past and I don't even have this sorted. I am posting something from my "gunslingers???" folder.

Anything you want in particular, I have lot of stuff, several gigs of images from Veeky Forums from a 2007-2010.

Can you believe they used to actually wear this goofy shit?

Being sold as 'body shields'

And OP remember that most equipment will be heavy if it is going to be useful, this shit was 91 pounds!

More modern, but you can make it work for victorian times

Yup, this gear basically gives 2 Aspects: "Bulletproof" and "Heavy as fuck"

Thanks for this, already saved

I dont know if this image is a joke or not, but you can make it work also.

I don't know what FAE is, but a good way to simulate heavy armor is to do what numenera does; when you first don it your might and speed both go down, if you take a break to get used to it your might comes back up, but your speed is always reduced

And remember other countries besides England exist, here's something from that period from italy(?)

Apparently this was a real weapon

Another view

Hard to see, but this is a victorian self defense weapon, a knife hidden in a big frilly hat

FATE Accelerated Edition - basically only Aspects matter, nothing else. Everything is Aspects. Gear is Aspects, Surrounding is Aspects and so on.

Whole system revolves around using FATE Points, their economy, spending them and getting them.

Golden stonemason dagger

This was also a real weapon

This is great! Saving and using for sure.

So how helpful has this thread been so far OP?

On to locations

Weapons are saved, photos and ads I will use as a color for the start of the adventure.

I'd love some locations, some Far East exotica viewing through colonial powers eyes. Something from Cambodia, maybe Mughal Empire stuff. Can be supernatural (no elves pls, I have too many elves everywhere).

Take inspiration from political cartoons, maybe even have the players come across them

Yeah, I'm adding some of this stuff to my numenera game

This is dutch, but you can tweak it

Same for this (french)

Spanish manila

(((French)))

?

On to africa

OP, If you are going to explore the colonial aspect of the time period, don't shy away from the times it was beneficial to the local populous,even if you have to mix it in with 'belgian congo' levels of evil.

This image was likely PR, but services like this existed, at some level, through out colonial Africa.

On to the British raj

Englishmen in the market

Read up on the Indian rebellion of 1857 for some good stories

Burma

British ad and/or educational piece on Arabian coffee merchants

I can do victorian

lets explore the victorian

not actually victorian, it's an early space suit

would work super well in a victorian punky space setting though

Another cartoon, China protesting being cut up by the great powers

they observe my trundling

they harbour malign intent

France in the boxer rebellion

The electric car is older than you think

The Brisk and the Bad-Tempered

Super primitive rebreather from early WWI. Almost victorian.

At some point the Victorians ran out of stuff to do

Anthony Stark and his Wonderous Man Of Iron

I like diving suits, fucking sue me.

Two different people made the same stupid bike

Victorians were obsessed with bikes

Whistling robot

bitches love bikes

Status update OP, what do you need?

These dapper bastards

Anti-American prkpaganda(?)

Early diving suits, probably pre-victorian but eh.

Ok im done

This smug asshole probably invented all those bicycles

Because I'm just posting going down my files

I don't know if this is real but I love it

Some stuff from across the atlantic