Is this ok?

Is this ok?

Why wouldn't it be?

Wouldn't "-ails" on the end S of Dorms have gotten more poitns?

Though is "dorms" even legal? It's a shortening of Dormintories.

You wouldn't play Scrabble under water would you?

no, because she missed the opportunity to spell penis

Honesly, I kinda like it, although I think a ba is kind of an ugly way to store letters

According to the Scrabble Dictionary, yes, Dorms is a legal word. As is Dorm and Dormy (whatever the fuck that means).

Now we know

of course not. if she's a murderhobo she should've spelled SLAY instead of PLAY.

Splay would have been best though.

dare you enter your sister's magical realm?

Does it involve pastries and concupiscence?

No, it involves decapitated snakes and punk jazz.

Hot.

playing Scrabble without being physically present is too tempting for cheaters. I played the phone versions of Scrabble for a bit and retards would pull great words out of their ass.

For months, my dad had tremendous fun playing online Scrabble with friends, family, and acquaintances.

Then he found out most of them were cheating--using websites that give you words based on your letters and the like. It shattered his heart.

I don't get it.

I was simply implying that playing a game on a wall is as absurd as playing under water.

These are the same people that made me stop going to trivia nights.

Man must live by a code

Just need some decent magnets.

There's no fun to be had if everyone is just googling.

I'd say I'm a calm, reasonable man, who's not usually in favour of harsh punishments.
But people who cheat on trivia nights should be executed publicly. There's no lower form of life.

I just want to drunkenly lord my knowledge of all things useless over my fellow man 1 Tuesday a month.

Is it really such a terrible request?

What are Darts and Water Polo?

>he doesn't play Snorkkle
I bet next you're going to say you've never tried playing Scrabble while skydiving.

EMPs friendos.

in the thumbnail, I thought the player was holding the scrabble board at gunpoint.

>Oh! You mean Skydabble.

Oh man you know they totally did that on purpose and probably didn't even tell her.

Once a particular form of a word is in common-enough use, it joins dictionaries and becomes a word in its own right.

Every word of the version of the English language you speak has an etymology. Plenty of common words you don't think twice about were shorthand or slang once.

Doesn't matter, you don't actually have to play real words. According to the rulebook, you can play literally anything and as long as no one contests it while you play it, it is fine. This even applies if they notice it a few rounds later.
I only know this because my English-major aunt has a tendency of playing bullshit words such as "mulcts," and occosionally tries completely made up shit.
I just contest everything she plays now.

>splay
>not paisley for a shitton of points

splenial through the n in run for 76 points

fuck you i would if i could

I played Words With Friends for ages too against people I knew were cheating. I still beat them most of the time because they're bad at games (and I read this book on scrabble strategy that someone left lying around at work).

>According to the rulebook, you can play literally anything and as long as no one contests it while you play it, it is fine
Was going to post this. It's one of Scrabble's little known rules gems.

Damn, that's a good one too.

So it's basically Cheatyface?

That rule is the bane of my existance too, cause it makes me want to try to pull something off, but I am bad at making up words.

I would love to see an MTG tourney where silver bordered cards are allowed.

>paisley

I'd accept paisley.

>splenial

Now that, I'd challenge. And while the rules here:are correct, when my family plays, the public shaming of people who use words like "splenial" is profound and hilarious. Elaborate sentence use is required. Small plays are acted out. Contesting is a 10-minute ritual of bravado, bluff, and side-bets. Any dictionary you can physically locate is allowed, provided it passes a majority vote. I once created the word "Loonslate" and defined it as "small change". After a furious argument, we found the definition (a thirteen pence halfpenny) and I got my points.

Thought the one on the left was holding a handgun for a second there.

That would have been a much more interesting image.

What the fuck captcha why are you giving me backwards street signs?

I wasn't there for them but there were prerelease tourneys. MaRo judged the Unglued prerelease dressed as a giant chicken.

Is a backwards street sign really a street sign?

If you turn around are you still human?