watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

Other urls found in this thread:

watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
mewo2.com/notes/terrain/
donjon.bin.sh/5e/dungeon/
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/dungeon/cavern.cgi
procgenesis.com/WorldGen/worldgen.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's really neat. Now name your town and fill in the details.

Would you take shelter in a small town called Maggotsford? It sits near the edge of Swamp Valley.

>watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

Nice senpai. Created some worlds with :

mewo2.com/notes/terrain/

And made the cities with your generator.

Is there any more of these kind of generators ?
Thanks for sharing those two already

donjon has a bunch of these

donjon.bin.sh/5e/dungeon/
donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/dungeon/cavern.cgi

You guys are a godsend, and i love you all.

This one's pretty different but it has some interesting aspects
procgenesis.com/WorldGen/worldgen.html

No problem. Veeky Forums was really helpful for me often enough. Big community of /fat/guys here.

Is there one for modern cities?

Do you guys put descripctions of what kind of building are in your town/city?
Like this is what a blacksmith looks like, a tavern and so forth or do you leave it vague?

somebody archive this shit

there are like four links
just bookmark them

Dont everything get automatically archived?

The actual on-site Veeky Forums archive only holds threads for a week, and the archives on other sites tend to be a bit unreliable - archiving all of a reasonably-popular board is expensive, and there's no telling how long it'll be before whoever's running the service decides it's just not worth the money anymore and the archive is shut down. The big Veeky Forums archive was almost lost when Foolz went down. Plus, in those huge archives, threads worth saving are almost impossible to find.

sup/tg/, having to store much much much less data, is at much less risk of being shut down due to cost, and it's much easier to *find* threads in it that people wanted to save.

With a little editing they can turn out really cool. I was thinking yellow for temples and dark grey for mines and mineral processing. Any other suggestions?

Maybe blue for residential, orange for markets?

Dear Diary-
Today OP was not a faggot

Neat.

Thanks very much

I love this.

Shouldn't the slums be outside the walls?

thank you

THE CITY GROWS

THE CITY HUNGERS

THE CITY WILL ABSORB YOUR CULTURE

THE CITY WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU

BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE THE CITY

THE CITY LIVES
THE CITY BREATHES
THE CITY IS GOD

wow

is this for anything?

Do the stairs go anywhere?

Can I use this as a labyrinth for a giant homebrew I am making?

it looks like it was made with the dungeon generator linked above

Green for Residential
Blue for Market and Commerce
Yellow for Industry and Crafting

Depends - in some cases that would be a thing, but in others it'd be a risk for fire, invasion or trade and highly discouraged

For the purposes of the generator I think it just bounds everything (bar farms) inside the wall for convenience, though not every city would have much of a wall

One thing I find that rarely comes up when people talk about designing cities is wells - wells are important shit, IRL they were often a central feature of neighbourhoods, but rarely do they show up on maps and things. You might not show every one, some will just be "it's a courtyard, there's a well in it", but I'd say notable ones could easily be noted.
Did anyone ever play Pharaoh? I didn't get very far into it, because I'm shit at games, but I remember wells were vital to housing areas.

Not necessarily. Slums provide cheap labor for nobles, rich merchants, farmers and craftmen, army, etc. Depending on how old is the city, old walls might have been destroyed and new walls built to protect the poor along with the rich and "middle class" (some people would say technically I shouldn't call them middle class if we're talking about medieval cities but whatever) so they don't all get killed or turn to the ennemy if the city is attacked. It's what happened in my city (the one I live in IRL).
Or maybe the city went through some kind of crisis at some point and because of that there are many poor people inside the walls.
Or you can try to redraw the map to put the slums outside the walls.

>having to store much much much less data
Why?

Is that a quote or something you just made? 'Coz this thing made me shiver

I can't find anything like it on Google but it seems derivative of The Ship Moves.

sup/tg/ only archives certain things - I think you have to actively archive a thread, or call for it to be archived, rather than sup auto-logging everything like 4plebs and things do

Does this work for renaissance/early modern cities as well?

Yeah, it's just a shape generator - there's only 2 small issues I can see - 1, it always gives you a castle, 2, there's no way to have water - a lot of places are either coastal or have a river, and that's not incorporated in this.

If anyone has an itch.io account and wants to suggest them as toggleable options to the maker that'd be cool, but it's already pretty nice

You can probably try to guess how the city would be like in a modern era: slums are gentrified, craftmen neighborhoods become factories and are then destroyed and replaced by cheap housing, stuff like that.

It came from my anus

I think it would be an interesting setting

the creation of a mad wizard and/or god

or perhaps the demiplane of urbanization itself

I mean Sigil is kind of this already but meh

make green less bright, please

Very nice.

how did you get the high res screencap from the site? When i go to view image it comes up with a black png

>residential

Most craftsmen and merchants live in apartments above their shops, while farmers live beyond the walls. That isn't to say there won't be dedicated houses, just that they won't be very common.

Figured I'd throw the reminder out there.

You can just save as an image

>they're both round
quality post

Are there any good semi-realistic world/continent generators floating around? I've tried most of the fractal map gens but they don't scratch the itch.

weird, switched to another browser and it worked fine. Anyway this is pretty great, just add a little Photoshop and your all set.

Simcity here we come!

Looks pretty good, but I think I'd still take the time to trace over it.

What are the symbols on the door for?

So the dwarves know where the burglar lives

Where do the staircases go to?

How do you think you enter?

Kinda makes me think of BLAME!

It's only one of many level...

Dorf Fortress.

That's a hell of an impact crater.

Did you try ?
Even has a 3D globe mode

I think we know what shaped this world...

I can't seem to download the map from the mewo2 site help

It's a neat generator, only gripe is that small towns wouldn't have either large city walls or castles. Then again, it's obviously primarily a city generator so that wasn't the focus.

Man... please tell me you know a generator that can make something like that

Thank God someone else has sense.

That was an illustration, The Artist probably got given some directions in what they city is meant to look like and they did their own thing.
If they used a generator or some scribbles on a napkin for reference, We'll have to ask the artist.

That's the hole left after god fucked the world. And from the earth's womb sprung humanity.

Nice find, OP. Bookmarked.

>No rivers or coasts
How are any of these large cities? You can't make a large city in a place without water in medieval time periods

Wells.

Residential will often be intermingled with commerce, many people will live where they work - though of course there will be boarding houses and residential areas for people whose work will take them about the city, but even they will likely be above shops and things.

bump