ITT: Words and scenarios that never fail to send shivers down our spines

ITT: Words and scenarios that never fail to send shivers down our spines.

"Get behind me."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
getyarn.io/yarn-clip/56fa2c89-fae2-4aab-88da-340c00ec4cd6
youtu.be/dRxvC3nV_ho
youtube.com/watch?v=SNWK_Y_ibcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>We don't have any coasters

> "The tendies are expired"

>"Rosebud."

>You stay.
>I go.
>No following.

>Have you found a reason to fight?

>"Hi guys, it's me."

>C'mon you apes! You wanna live forever?!

>When the squad lines up before delivering the mother of all ass beatings
>Bonus points if it's to defend someone who used to be an antagonist

>I'll take care of this

>I've got something to tell you

Not once has that exact sequence of words ever com before something good. At least not for me.

In order it has heralded;

>grandmother is dead
>your best friend is dead
>grandfather is dead
>grandmother is dead
>Your other friend is moving away
>your cat has died
>we've put you in for the retard paper by mistake and it's too late to change it, you can resit the test next year maybe for a fee.
>your course work has gone missing
>this collage doesn't do that course but this one in Glasgow does, they haven't got any spare places in student accommodation left, can you be there in 3 days?
>we had to give this job to a woman and an Asian for quota reasons
>your friend is dead (he was old and in ill health so I was actually not surprised at this one)
>your girlfriend has left you for someone in Glasgow and has spread rumors about you on social media
>your other friend is dead
>were firing you because you seem to lack motivation
>your mum has cancer

I'm waiting for an arrest warrant so I can have the full set.

It's just something about those 6 fucking words. If it's good news people seem to use an alternative.

Can't think of a traditional game related one beyond
>homebrew race

:.)

>"so you know how I didn't like point buy..."

"Let's go."

>This will be a sandbox game with player additions to world-building.

>this game is going to be roleplay heavy with very little dice rolling

I fucking love when I can go whole sessions without doing a skill check

>"political intrigue game"
>"realistic combat"
>"progressive"

>It's a murder mystery on a old mansion.

"Core only"
"Humans only"
"Gritty"
"Realistic"
"I've been reading/watching Game of Thrones"

This sounds so good in theory, but it's also always seemed to me like it would mean the only challenge could come from the GM deliberately fucking the players.

in my experience it really depends on how good your group is, moral debates and political positioning don't technically need any dice rolls and as long as you get the sense that the NPCs (and even the PCs) are doing things without your presence then it gives you a sense of being part of a living story

Suzy, pls.

You'll have to explain.

>It has been so long since I was last wounded... thank you swordsman, now I no longer have to hold back.

Or something to that effect, our DM seperated the party and we each had to fight a miniboss.

That is the gayyest most cliche'd anime shit in the world

god I wish I played a campaign like that

No, he said explain.

Explain what?

The joke, you mongoloid.

I know, but it was actually rather fun. No other party members really changes how you think and play. The other time was when I was pulled overboard during a fleet battle. Mnaged to swim to the enemy ship and jumped along several other ships, fighting the undead crews to get back to the party.

Tax: >Hold it right th- *SNAP*

The joke is that the anime girl looks like the fetal alcohol syndrom victim that is Arin Hanson's wife.

Which relates to my post how?

If you were to actually read the screencap, you'd notice some striking similarities, you double dummy.

Reverse image search tells anyone that.
The question is, what is the joke relating to this pair of posts:

But what is the joke?
Is this something that Suzy is known for doing?
Does she play in a campaign with a similar flavor?
You have yet to explain from where the humor is supposed to be derived.

You know what? Just forget it, I'd rather be the dumb one here.

The joke is that with all the red flags in the screencapped post, user declined the game invite for an entirely unrelated reason.

Is your spoonfed babby mind pleased at this humor?

a. That screencap is not really humorous, and not just because you ahd to explain it,
b. It wasn't spoonfeeding if I had to pull the explanation out of you with pliers.

Also who in the penis is Arin Hanson and why is his wife relevant to you explaining the joke in a screencap of a post you made more than a year ago.

Since you are apparently unable to glean context from posts, Arin Hanson's wife Suzy is an e-celeb, specifically that one linked upthread that looks like the anime slut in the screencap

user, just leave it. He's either faux-autistic and fishing for (You)s, or genuinely autistic in which case it's kinda awkward to give him shit for not getting the joke.
Just drop the subject.

So the screencap joke is just that the anime girl looks (barely) like the fat fetal alcohol emo?

And that the text post is similar to the screencap text?

This is a joke for those with screencap archives far more in depth than mine.

Also, you're explaining this to at least one active poster besides me, so this level of obscurity has some degree of significance to it.

So, if I'd been aware of the marital status of some e-celeb, I would have been able to see the context of your posts and that screencap, which was only tangentially related to the post you were quoting, would have been mildly amusing. Glad we got that settled.

Always happy to help someone on the spectrum, you fucking autist.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. We only do advanced references here.

Wipe your spittle off the mirror.

I think what threw me was the reference to a /v/ channel.
Wrong brand of basement deweller.

Though the quick tour through the existence of Game Grumps was educational.

>"Just the tip"

Phrasing!

>"Eomer. Take your Èored down the left flank. Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!"

>Who's gonna DM next?

Since you're here for (you)s, is Table Flip worth attempting?
They look a little PewDiePie audience.

Ordinary men and women taking up arms against impossible circumstances to defend their loved ones and homes. Always gets me.

>"Get behind me."

YES.

I swear to God this movie was an hour and forty minutes of that exact feel.

>Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn.

Theoden had the best lines

No clue, I have no interest in internet 'personalities'.

>the room is empty and bare
fuck you, no it isn't. It never is.

Jesus user. Maybe things will get better?
They never do.

>party all got knocked down and defeated
>be first to wake up
>conservation of ninjutsu and power of nakama combine to create the ultimate power-up
>proceed to mop the floor with all the enemies in one-sided rematch, for the sake of loved ones

I swear, one of the better games I've had. Pic related.

Is that "Blame!"?

>GM:"...Well!"

This is always followed by an irreversible result due to fuckup.

I would have felt some sympathy for you, but then
>>collage
Hope you're making this up

Wait, is that Sanakan? They should have not until much later.

"Wanna fight?"

I'm sure this is all legit and there are no other explanations.

Yeah.

Netflix made a movie and it's basically a spaghetti western.

If you watch it, watch it in Moon, the English dub is truly atrocious.

>Watch it in radiation speak

My Grandfather didn't fight a war for this bullshit.

There is so, so much talking right from the start. Bad times.

It doesn't follow the plot exactly.

It smooshes a bunch of stuff into the electrofisher arc. The story is mostly from the POV of the humans with Killy as a mysterious stranger.

Absolutely not. Players bringing their own homebrew race to the game is basically game poison.

"BURAMU!" As the narrator put it. Wonky postures am I kawaii ugu faces on the girls and 12fps closeups. Seen worse.

>it doesn't look like they were trying to keep something getting out, it looks like they were trying to keep something from getting in
Bonus points if in space or under the sea
>these look like teeth marks, but from what?
Bonus if they show up on something known for being hella durable
>We need to run, NOW
Bonus if said by the biggest and/or toughest fucker in the group. The guy known for never backing down from a fight.

You know there's something significant to this as a concept. The only way I've ever seen a homebrew race work well is when the race was created solely for this campaign.

If a player brings in their own special race, they're going to have a buttload of canon for them; they can either attempt to inform the GM of this with a huge autistic primer, or they can give an outline. If the GM involves their racial background in any way and starts making mistakes in ways that contradict the race fluff, the player will usually get shitty about it, discouraging the GM to explore that part of the setting - the player feels that their character's background has been badly handled and the GM feels cuckolded out of his own setting.

A race or culture made for a specific campaign is something that doesnt have all that luggage with it. The background can be made collaboratively, or modified to fit into the setting and then freely explored.

I know the context of the post and idk it just REALLY MADE ME THINK.

Maybe he should have become a voice actor and fought for a better standards in western media instead?

>the comedy relief, gentle giant powerhouse character stops being silly and starts playing completely serious, and wrecks shit when they do

god it's satisfying. We were in an Anima game where the melee combat guy who'd been underperforming (but being extremely entertaining) suddenly revealed that if he simply bothered to buff his strength as high as he could, he could start throwing buildings and levelling cities by stamping hard enough to cause an earthquake.

When they start chanting "Death!" gets me every time. In Two Towers he had a good mini speech too.
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
A speech about how he didn't realize the threat soon enough, and its too late.
The end is upon them.

>Superman...

>Don't look at the ceiling

>53395640
F

>desire for federal service intensifies

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/56fa2c89-fae2-4aab-88da-340c00ec4cd6

> "You are advised to submit without further delay. If you do not submit I will march. If I march into Laconia I will bring my army into your land. I will destroy your farms, slay your army, women, and children, and raze Laconia itself."
>"If."

>You guys get out of here.
>I'll hold the line.

Every time.

I'm the exact opposite. If more than an hour goes without me rolling SOMETHING I just lose most of my interest in the game.

>pants made of cheap microfiber upholstery
Tasteless.

>boiled alive.

>the huge meatslab that crushes everyone steps up to fight the badslab
>badslab actually starts winning, it becomes clear he's on another level of strength
>suddenly the meatslab starts fighting completely differently
>badslab only knows the ways of meat, can't counter it
>gets torn apart piece by piece
>turns out the meatslab is a 4d tactical chess master, he just likes punching things

>"You guys go on ahead. I'll slow em down."

You brave, foolish son of a bitch.

Depends on the group, the gm, and your personal style. I've been in games where there really wasn't a challenge and we just told a story together, and other games where the challenges are solved narratively. They can both be fun, and so can something more grounded in mechanics.

nigga that fight was like the exact opposite of one-sided.

>Typical deku

go back to your notebooks nerd

>TFW you lie about surviving so your friends will leave you

Fucking love it. Also when someone says "We'll meet again at the end of things." When they sacrifice themselves.

>"It's quiet tonight"
>"Too quiet"

or

"Why do you insist on bringing that with you; you're never going to need it "

lol

youtu.be/dRxvC3nV_ho

>Alright get your stupid fucking rope!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Oh, like you've never seen a collage with no spare places.

And yet it's all cliched Hollywood garbage compared to the actual dialogue in the books.

Currently playing a game like this and I love it! Never have I been so invested in my character and the story.

>party all got knocked up
>be first to wake up

Always gets me too.

youtube.com/watch?v=SNWK_Y_ibcE

>"fly, you fools!"

I've got something to tell you...

You didn't give us the details on the retard paper mistake thing and we are curious now. You are the man for sharing with us.

There, curse broken. IF you give us the story. I don't even know what you are talking about in that sentence.