ITT: we try to create a completely surreal setting

It's written that there are no real original ideas, just old ideas in new clothes. However there's one example that may as well be original: Sureallism. The juxtaposition of two concepts that are so far removed from each other that they can only appear to be ideas of complete madness or randomness.

Let's try to craft a setting that manages to be this without being LoLRandom or Not!Wonderland.

5 posts determine races, 5 determine geographical features, and 5 determine global organizations of the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4GvYcUPiRps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The sky has the appearance of an ocean, with waves rolling and breaking on the horizon.

>Organization.
The time-keepers. Linear time is not "natural" to the setting, which, if left alone, will tend towards gradually coasting in the direction of everything happening simultaneously. These people use enormous magical resources to ensure that time is in fact kept linear and reality as known can be held together, and often tax and steal anyone within reach to prepare the sorts of implements they need in order to keep doing this.

With large noses and eyes, but small physiques, Quicklits scutter from here to there in the dark corners of the world. Quick to steal anything of value dropped and stow it away, they burrow and dig through any substance.

Sinew

The flesh of the earth was ruptured from battles long past exposing the sinew of the world. The sinew is valued for its strength and flexibility. It can only be mined with sorrow

>Organization

The Sewing Circle. This humorous name, stolen from housewives and old women, hides a sinister secret - a cult of mages who embroider spells into fabric in order to control the world. Their magics take effect only when the garment is worn; some of these garments are designed to exert power over those who wear them and corrupt the minds of the powerful and wealthy. Other garments are rippling collections of magical power, arsenals ready to be loosed the moment the mages need it.

really makes me think

Samurai Necromancers in a Russia like nation.

That's AWESOME, what is that?

>he isn't aware of Loom
wew lad

There even was an HD remake not a long time ago, not even mentioning ScummVM.
youtube.com/watch?v=4GvYcUPiRps

Play the EGA version for the superior artstyle (even if it lacks in bitdepth) or FM-TOWNS version for superior music.

I have in fact never heard of this game but boy howdy does it proc my interest in all the right ways. Thanks, friend! Posting in this thread was, indeed, beneficial to me today.

There are those who intentionally cause the timeline of small pockets of space to occur simultaneously, either for self-annihilation, annihilation of enemies or the thrill. When this happens, the resulting conclusion of eternity in that location is always a portal to another world. The time-keepers have fine-tuned devices that project their machine-spirits to sniff out these portals and catch them in sealing rings (they cannot be destroyed, for everything that is to occur in that space already has) to contain reality leaks.

Twin Flames are a race of creatures (humanoid? or is that too normal?) that are always found in pairs. One of the pair is 30-40ft tall, and the other is smaller than a micrometer. They are exact duplicates in every respect, and will mirror each others actions to their best of their ability for their entire lives. One does not know that the other exists. Cases where a twin is discovered usually lead to terminal insanity. When twins are forced to act asynchronously, this leads to a deep sense of unease that grows with intensity until it compels them to subsubconsciously (as in below subconsciously, because even the subconscious mind is unaware of the twin's existence, instead it is more like a magical compulsion) rectify the situation. When one dies the other follows immediately. When they act asynchronously for too long, both will die of "natural causes", to the layman.

All magic is performed by playing Creedence Clearwater Revival

A Race of Metal People with mercury for blood.
They move faster or slower based on if they live in hotter or colder environments.

Geographic Feature : Spiral floating mountains that bore into the ground and spin crossed the ocean. They grow rocks that taste like apples.

>3 Geographic features.

>2 Organizations

>4 Races.

What else?

Humanoid does indeed seem too normal.

Dragonflies, perhaps, or monkey-headed okapis?

Actually, scratch the dragonflies from the Twin Flames concept.

Geographic feature: Dense mating clusters of dragonflies form floating islands in the sky. A cluster is formed briefly after each meteorite enters the atmosphere, and corresponds roughly in size, as well.

A Fortress made of questions, answering them makes the fortress shrink, questioning its existence makes it bigger

These are a race in their own right.

I like this one. Also bump for interest.

I'm all for crazy stupid ideas and going with them to see what happens.

That said, NO, FUCK OFF.

you trying to force a meme or something?

No, I'M trying to force a meme. This doesn't even deserve to be called that.