Cool Ideas

This thread is for posting cool ideas for campaigns, settings, characters, ect.

>Years after a group of heroes (Your party from a successful previous campaign) have defeated the BBEG, he is coming back. Now a new group of heroes (The same party members) have to track down the original group, now having gone their separate ways, to help defeat the BBEG once and for all.
>A noble family that all became vampires due to strange and unknown reasons is now living in the castle, using their underlings to trick people into visiting the castle for feeding. Each family member became a different version of a vampire (Father of the family becoming a Dracula clone, Daughter becoming a horrible little feral monster, ect.)
>Empire is based of Byzantium where the old empire fell mostly but the new one is claiming to be the true successor to the mythic first one

>Those
>Cool ideas
Way to go, OP

Also, mandatory ugh

I like the last one. The first sounds really hard to play (2 characters per player?) and the second is cliche'd as hell.

Sorry man I try not to be hypercritical on teeg but its not good.

You deserve a double "Ugh" just for thinking these ideas are cool.

Does it really matter? I'm just starting the thread so others can fill it.

Ok so to bring some positivity or maybe more bad ideas, some shit I thought was cool:

>A form of undead that are bloated floating corpses in rivers and lakes, anyone comes near and they grab hold and suddenly get very very heavy
>A holy man bound to truth who learned a horrible secret of which to tell would mean ruin. He cut his own tongue out.
>A tree that grows bright shining crystals as a means of attracting birds and insects
>A large semi-aquatic mammal believed to be made of stone; it actually forms mineral deposits by staying very still and secreting chemicals through its skin. Old ones have plants and even saplings growing on their back.

Neither of them, but If you start a thread with shit-tier content, it kinda spoils it from the start

I really like the second and third ones.

A setting where the nazis won WWII with the futuristic technology taken from time travelling would-be assassins for hitler.

An idea or thought that will drive a person mad and ultimately to death. The idea spreads by conversation, and like a disease, can eventually kill off entire cities. Its basically a viral mental illness that ins't alive in a physical sense, but gains a more complex "personality" through conversation. The virus mutants by people telling it from their own perspective or in a different way.

>an outsider hears the idea and is immune because of his differing cultural starting-point
>survives and escapes to spread the idea-plague further

A four-way armageddon between the machine uprising, an alien invasion, a zombie outbreak and the literal forces of hell. Have fun surviving, you get to use the technology and powers of each faction if you manage to capture or kill some of them.

You forgot about WW3, user, to make it cheesier. And for extra cheese, make it all happen during D-Day in '44

>BBEG

Did anyone ugh you yet? You sound like you need an ugh.

Warhammer 40k.

Magic prevents progress by giving immediate solutions to problems no allowing for technological development and a stagnant society

This thing.

Bump

a four sided beholder like pic related

Damn... I like it

>BBEG

Bleh.

I think a Rapture/Relevations-style campaign could be interesting. Cults, Angels vs Demons, having your Cleric/Paladin/Warlock deities play an active role in the narrative, etc.

My only gripe is that there's not really a way to make it without being completely grimdark.

I'm only here to steal ideas.

The gods are dead.

The gods walk the earth.